Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 070 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 070 Discussion!

Episode 070 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, "Pixel Dan" Eardley and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode we are joined by Rob Base as we discuss
    NYCC reveals.
    Swift Wind's legs.
    Star Sisters and POP
    and more!

MOTUC bios discussed in this show:
    (none)

MOTUC figures discussed in this show:
    Snake Man-at-Arms
    Horde Prime

Intro/Outro info:
    (none)

Plus, fellow He-Fan josh on the forums has created this fantastic Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations which contains a ton of info about the show, with all the info about the Fanart, Fansites and Collectibles of the week, along with links to sites and user profiles of interest, and also details on how to contact the show with your feedback. Be sure to check that out!

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Matt Tyree also know as Tyree on the forums. Matt is commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.tyreeonline.com

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Runtime: 1 hour, 42 minutes, 07 seconds

Direct link for Episode 070

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I was jonesing for a Gooble fix! Can't wait to listen.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    I was jonesing for a Gooble fix! Can't wait to listen.
    Same here!

It's inevitable that Man-At-Arms would become evil because his suit is powered by his own arrogance.

*Wacky Martin joke*

Just finished and, yes, from now on I will be calling JSV3 Cracker Val.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks gents and muh-dam

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Finally Rob Base has come back to RGD !!!! Thanks for calling me in had a blast ... still sound like an idiot sometimes I support the Mighty Spector
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Da Base!

Regarding the Horde Prime discussion: Like many of you I've never liked the idea that there was someone above Hordak.

Therefore really hope that after his defeat Hordak gets thrown into the past and takes up the mantle of Horde Prime...

I kind of like the idea that Skeletor - confronting the Horde Empire - finally comes before Horde Prime only for him to take off his helmet to reveal himself to be Hordak: "So we meet again, Skeletor!"

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Awesome! I'm about halfway through it now.

I lol'd at Penny Dreadful saying "Taken for the Ass" in response to Snake Man-At-Arms.

Also, more Rob Base on Gooble! Oh and great minds think alike on the Apocalypse idea for Horde Prime: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post2857833
    Last edited by Count Marzo; January 22, 2012 at 04:51am.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

YES! Rob Base is back!

Cant wait to give it a listen
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I agree about Horde Prime. I too, have never been a fan of their being someone else being in control of the Horde. For this figure, I'm going to look at this as the NA Hordak. After his battle with Skeletor, the Horde used their technology to rebuild his body. He allowed his enemies to think he perished, but he comes back with a vengence and faces off with Skeletor and He-Man in the Tri Solar System.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    The last 30 minutes are great. Glad to see you guys address that topic in an honest, true way.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

I actually always liked the idea of Horde Prime, it makes the Horde a much more universal empire. I'm pretty happy with the figure, it was a nice unexpected surprise. We have enough small factions that are confined to one planet.

I would love to know what Horde World looks like.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    June 2012 is going to be a rather slow month.

Mighty Spector, Snake Man-At-Arms AND Horde Prime? That's a Month of Morts.

Snake Man-At-Arms: The whole concept is bad. I can think of a better variant in my sleep. We all could. Give a real MAA variant his 200X arm cannon, his unhelmeted head and maybe for ***** and giggles, his 200X Battle Glove. He could have been packaged wearing his gray armor and included the brown furred version of the orange chest armor as a bonus. The repainted body was fine. I think I'll make a thread on that, akin to my Snake Men Alliance Evil-Lyn Thread.

Horde Prime: Not a fan. I've never liked the idea of Horde Prime. I prefer Hordak to lead the Horde instead of being an office manager for Horde Prime. The figure looks neat for a "Battle Armor Hordak" or "Imperial Armor Hordak" look. Thank goodness that you can switch heads. I might put a Hordak head on that body.

Mighty Spector: TG should have let his mass produced figure be the Eternian Guard and kept it at that. Keep it humble. If he wanted a Spector figure, then he should have simply commissioned one from the 4H, instead of forcing him on the fandom. The NA Scientists might have competition for Worst MOTU characters. I can see fans never bringing Spector up again after he comes out, in a "let us never speak of him again" way.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

I do like Horde Prime. But I've got an issue with Hordak being a timeless, almost God like creature. MOTUC lacks the epic scale it needs for a story. The Horde should be the unbeatable threat for the Heroic Warriors. How can the forces of one planet defend their home from an intergalactic empire? Especially one that had superior tech five thousand years ago when Eternia was a borderline Stone Age culture? Is it the Overlords of Trolla that keep them out? Filmation handled it best with the only Horde Invasion being the one where only a small exploratory force led by Hordak, the younger brother of Horde Prime.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Great episode! I just have to say that i totally dig the Horde prime UK Comic head . Snake Man-At-Arms ......

rob base!!! ... A-W-E-S-O-M-E ... ...

can someone explain the phrase ''taken for the ass'' to me? ... i don't get it ...

snake man-at-arms: what is the point in this figure? ... it has no point, ridiculous waste of a slot ... if you have the palace guards and man-at-arms you can make your own snake man-at-arms ... go figure! ... ...

horde prime again, not really interested ... horde prime should have stayed as an 'invisible' entity or unknown being ... i don't think there was really any need to produce him in MOTUC ... should he not be a large-scale figure in any case?? ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; January 22, 2012 at 02:18pm.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    can someone explain the phrase ''taken for the ass'' to me? ... i don't get it ...
    He-Man.org member Austin81 created that phrase. English is not his first language, but he meant "Taken for a fool." Those lines were immortalized in the first few lines of the first post of this thread about Snake Man-At-Arms that he created. The .org members took the opportunity for some light-hearted fun and adopted it as a new fan catchphrase.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

Diminishing Hordak aside, the actual figure is amazing. Like Draego Man, this is a other example of how great the Horsemen are at creating great toys from scratch.

Also as Emiliano brought up before, Palpatine didn't diminish Vader. Hordak is still the man in tb front lines everyone is scared of releasing.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Are we going to get episode 71 and beyond soon, Val?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    He-Man.org member Austin81 created that phrase. English is not his first language, but he meant "Taken for a fool." Those lines were immortalized in the first few lines of the first post of this thread about Snake Man-At-Arms that he created. The .org members took the opportunity for some light-hearted fun and adopted it as a new fan catchphrase.
    thanks, sir! ... i had seen the phrase being used across the boards here but wasn't sure what it's literal meaning was ... i thought it was just an american phrase i had never heard of!! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Man, I forgot how funny that was. I had tears from laughing from that thread when we were all in the chatroom that day...

I'm still taken for the ass on Snake Man-At-Arms. It's definitely the worst figure of 2012 by far. Don't care how much you hate Spector, at least he brings a new look, ideas, weapons, and **** to the table...

HOWEVER, that thread really did soften the blow of Snake Man-At-Arms as you said. Also Rob Base helped it's case a bit by saying you could put one of your other regular Man-At-Arms heads on the Snake Man-At-Arms body.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    I love the horde prime with helmet look and can't wait to see it in the flesh ...er... plastic???? anyway the way Mattel has been "talking about the line as of late" they need to hit these figures out of the park to make it worth our time.

Cracker Val is in da house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Mighty Spector: TG should have let his mass produced figure be the Eternian Guard and kept it at that. Keep it humble. If he wanted a Spector figure, then he should have simply commissioned one from the 4H, instead of forcing him on the fandom. The NA Scientists might have competition for Worst MOTU characters
    i kind of feel that way too ... but i do feel like i've exhausted my criticisms of TMS in the 'other' thread (you know, the one where we all dump on TMS ) ...

i think that's why i never included him in my mini-statements in my original post ...

either way, TMS never was and never will be MOTU for me ... i have a lot of respect for scott too, but was being a palace guard not enough? ... i hope the rest of the 30th anniversary figures are more rooted in the MOTU mythos rather than all-new creations ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; January 22, 2012 at 04:15pm.

USE YOUR ILLUSION