Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 070 Discussion!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I might not do 700 lb. deadlifts, but I liked NA because I was so thrilled that He-Man and Skeletor was back. Now that's so hardcore, even you cannot match it!
    I'm so hardcore that I invented a time machine, traveled to the future, kicked the 3 scientists asses, poked Master Sebrian in the eyeballs and dug Skeletor's eyeballs out so he'd look less goofy.

THAT is hardcore!!!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

700 lb deadlift? Holy crap!
    Well, at least now we have our bouncer for Power-Con/ThunderCon.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I'm so hardcore that I invented a time machine, traveled to the future, kicked the 3 scientists asses, poked Master Sebrian in the eyeballs and dug Skeletor's eyeballs out so he'd look less goofy.

THAT is hardcore!!!
    You missed the 4th scientist. My Fire burns your Wood! And yes, that was a Battle Beasts reference.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Val mentioned on Gooble 70 about what keeps you involved w/ MOTU. Whether that's buying the toys or whatever. Speaking for myself.....MOTU was my childhood. Nothing got me more excited. I disliked GI Joe & Transformers were boring. MOTU gave me more to the likes of creativity & imagination to do things. Filmation brought this to life along w/ the end of episode morals to stand by. Seeing these MOTUC figures larger than life on more steroids get's my adrenaline going. I know it may seem silly but NOSTALGIA plays a huge role in this. Simple as that. So as not to keep babbling I would say I'm not a casual fan & I may not know everything inside and out in the MOTU realm like Val or Emiliano who are CORE. They're straight A students...4.0 GPA in MOTU world. I'd say I have a 3.5 GPA. So not too shabby. Good Journey......

I like the school grading system.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    700 lb deadlift? Holy crap!
    Well, at least now we have our bouncer for Power-Con/ThunderCon.
    Buy my food, and I'll bust any heads that you deem thump-worthy!

You missed the 4th scientist. My Fire burns your Wood! And yes, that was a Battle Beasts reference.
    Well, my last name is Waters (really, it is!), so your fire is now a smoldering pile of ash!

I left one scientist conscious to tell the tale! Natural Born Killers style!
    Last edited by Larry Waters; January 26, 2012 at 12:15am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Oh I'm so getting bashed for this...

I actually like the idea of having MAA as a Snakeman (at least for some time).
    Snake-at-arms is the one who brings technology into their ranks. It can now be explained how Blast Attack, the robot invented for the assassination of the royal family, can be part of the Snakemen (mini comic reference). Fanmade characters like Copperhead can have a new origin.
    SAA could add a whole new story arc of the heroic warriors fighting for Duncan to be human again. And imagine the tension when they are face to face with the all evil Snake-at-arms.

"There issss no Duncan! DIE humanssss!!!"

Sure the figure we were shown was VERY lazy (except for the head) and there shouldn't even have been the question whether he should have the MYP Blaster. It's an essential piece! Now I'm eager to see what Mattel and the 4HM have done to make this figure more satisfying. The technological parts of Roboto should look pretty sweet, if that really is the way they want to so it. And you could always switch the heads with the original MAA figure.

Oh and regarding the "techno parts don't fit to Snakeman-at-arms" thing:
    Sure scales would suit a snake better, BUT the technological parts were part of the MAA design in the MYP series. Why should Duncan drop all that armor when he is transformed into a Snakeman?

Now don't get this wrong - I certainly don't love the figure nor did I ask for it to be made. I'm simply stating how I've warmed up to the concept of the character.
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; January 26, 2012 at 03:05am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I've got a question...can MAA's armored pieces FIT over Roboto? Chest, leg, arm and shoulder?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I've got a question...can MAA's armored pieces FIT over Roboto? Chest, leg, arm and shoulder?
    I think I remember someone saying it's not possible, because Roboto's torso is too edgy and thick at the wrong places. Someone made a digital mock-up of MAA with that torso piece waering his armor. It looked REALLY nice and very 200Xish.

edit.:

it wasn't a digital mock-up:
    it was a custom:
    maaX.jpg
    still not sure about the armor fitting though...
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; January 26, 2012 at 04:40am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Not sure if this was already mentioned.

But Val said something along the lines that they should have released Snake Man-At-Arms with silver-armor as he was in one when turned.

Not true. In MYP episode Second Skin King Hssss turns Man-At-Arms into a Snake Man and Duncan has his regular armour.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    But Val said something along the lines that they should have released Snake Man-At-Arms with silver-armor as he was in one when turned.

Not true. In MYP episode Second Skin King Hssss turns Man-At-Arms into a Snake Man and Duncan has his regular armour.

Not in the Episode 40 comic. I believe it was Eamon who pointed out it should be silver which is what he is wearing. And at the end of that is where he's turned for good to a snakeman and would be where the story moves forward.
    But as I pointed out in the episode, he doesn't have his armor on when he actually turns, so he could potentially put back on his regular colored armor.

It would just depend on if the MOTUC SMAA is where he first turned and then turned back,
    or if it's supposed to be post-Episode 40 SMAA where he had started out with the silver armor, but could potentially put either color back on depending on how you want to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Not in the Episode 40 comic. I believe it was Eamon who pointed out it should be silver which is what he is wearing. And at the end of that is where he's turned for good to a snakeman and would be where the story moves forward.
    But as I pointed out in the episode, he doesn't have his armor on when he actually turns, so he could potentially put back on his regular colored armor.

It would just depend on if the MOTUC SMAA is where he first turned and then turned back,
    or if it's supposed to be post-Episode 40 SMAA where he had started out with the silver armor, but could potentially put either color back on depending on how you want to look at it.
    Ah, gotcha.

Okay, Val, your conundrum of what to call the black Eternians has come up several times, citing that African-Eternian is incorrect since there's no Africa on Eternia. In my canon, I've had a solution for this: There is a nation or region on Eternia (probably somewhere in the warmer climate near the equator like the Sands of Time) that the dark-skinned race comes from known as Afriternia. So I propose that we refer to these folks as Afriternians from now on. It's a simple, non-offensive, self-explanatory name that everyone can understand even on the first time hearing it. What do you think?
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

I'd be cool with it depending on if Orgers of African decent think it's cool.
    keep in mind I don't know what to call white Eternians either. They are ALL Eternians, but when you start applying geographical distinctions based on skin tone, then it gets more and more complicated.

I'm think white Eternians should all be Crackaternians.

Hmm, white guys are tricky. If you play off of caucasian, you get Cauketernian, and that sounds awful. Maybe Euroternian? For that matter, what about guys like JITSU and NINJOR? Are they Orienternians?
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com