Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Subscription Questions & Help Thread

2014 Subscription Questions & Help Thread

Hi guys,

I was just going to buy 2 subs again for 2014. But in the checkout-process I saw that "Subscription Auto-Renewal" checkbox and I think I might have checked that last year when I bought my 2 subs. Is there a way to find out? I don't wanna end up with 4 subs ...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    Hi guys,

I was just going to buy 2 subs again for 2014. But in the checkout-process I saw that "Subscription Auto-Renewal" checkbox and I think I might have checked that last year when I bought my 2 subs. Is there a way to find out? I don't wanna end up with 4 subs ...

Thanks!
    Auto-renewal just means, that you give Matty/DR a permission to charge you monthly, beyond the first month of the sub, during the subscription period (which is a full calendar year, for example 2013). It has nothing to do with renewing your subs for another year.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Okay thx, and sorry for being that stupid

Court Magician

2014 Quarterly Subscription question

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if they will have replacement figures for the 3 month window your waiting to receive your 3 monthly figures? or are you just out of luck if you need to make a return or need a replacement?

Thank you!

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    It was posted somewhere that they are keeping figures back for service stock for this situation. I got the quarterly shipping option and I'm not worried. :P

This is my main reason that I haven't subbed yet. Does anyone have the link to the post verifying this? I voted for and would love to go quarterly, but Digital River's past doesn't ease concerns.... Fisto, Sorceress....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

If they said yes, would you believe them?

Court Magician
    Thanks for the info Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    Okay thx, and sorry for being that stupid
    You are not stupid, their checkout experience is confusing - and I say that as a User Experience professional

2014 Sub Question

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to ask a quick question. For the Quarterly sub option for the US, does anyone know what the total charge is upfront and do those charges drop off in a few days or not?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
    My Feedback Thread

My wants list

When I try to purchase a quarterly sub it looks like the total comes to $158.99. That's $150 for the toys and $18.99 for the shipping (shipping might be different where you live though). What should happen is that your card will be preauthorized for that total amount but in a few days only the $25 "sub fee" (for the sub exclusive figure) will be charged on your card. Then when it comes time in Q1 to ship all your figures, you will be charged the remaining balance from the original $158.99 total, which should be $133.99.

Do we know when quarterly orders will ship?

I suppose every three Months.
    Q1 would ship most likely in March with Two Bad(Jan), Glimmer(Feb), Modulok (Q1 Large item), Hydron(Mar) and maybe the Unnamed one... (Not sure if he ships on Q1 or Q2)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

But I wonder if it will ship a week, same day, the next month etc from the march sub shipping.

Seriously considering this option, but I know that DR can screw up the easiest of things.

Thank you Wayneepoo! Good to know that I won't get actually charged right now. Funds are low from Comic Con, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post
    But I wonder if it will ship a week, same day, the next month etc from the march sub shipping.

Seriously considering this option, but I know that DR can screw up the easiest of things.
    - - - Updated - - -

Ok.. One more question... Is Standard Ground supposed to be UPS, or is it Logistics? With DR being the way it is, I want to have tracking numbers on my shippments, so UPS is my choosen shipping method. Logistics was awful in that, my packages had to be shipped from California, to Nevada, then back to me in California... which made NO sense whatsoever.. lol. Does anyone know if this was covered by someone else, such as Toy Guru? =)

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have an answer to this?
    My Feedback Thread

My wants list

I believe the Standard Ground is UPS, but don't know 100% as I've always used the USPS option. I will say that, for me at least, this year the Newgistics shipping has been a lot better. My packages usually arrive within a week from getting a shipping notification.

I want to buy 2 subs this year. What am I paying right away for this? Is it $50 or $100???? I thought I was just paying $25 for each sub? Then I would be billed for Jan figures in 2014. Any help would be great.

Has it been mentioned for 2014 if there will be day of stock? How limited it will be compared to 2013?and if all figured will be available or potential for figures with no day of sale?

Quote Originally Posted by ByThePowerOf... View Post
    Has it been mentioned for 2014 if there will be day of stock? How limited it will be compared to 2013?and if all figured will be available or potential for figures with no day of sale?
    listening to the latest Roast Google Dinner, TG said DOS will be less than 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ByThePowerOf... View Post
    I would say expect 2-15 minute sell outs for most vintage MOTU figures. 15 min - 72 hour sellout for everything else. Just based on this year and less DoS stock. (Ram Man 5 minutes, Jitsu 43 Minutes, Netossa 2+ days, Karatti 6+ days). My bet on Two-Bad and Modulok is under 5 minutes.

I think Glimmer will sell much faster than expected. Castaspella will be a good barometer for how well the better known POP characters will do. Netossa was an underwhelming character choice, even to POP fans.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I think Glimmer will sell much faster than expected. Castaspella will be a good barometer for how well the better known POP characters will do. Netossa was an underwhelming character choice, even to POP fans.
    I agree. I would think Glimmer will be closer to the 15 minutes, if not under. I was just generalizing and there are a few "duds" (read not loved/accepted by >50% of the fans) in all the vintage lines. I personally love Gwildor but I think he will actually take a while to sell out (12-36 hours).

Thank you! I'm pretty sure that's what it is too, but I'm not sure.. usually it says UPS. UPS takes 2 days tops to get to me whereas Newgistics took a week or more.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I believe the Standard Ground is UPS, but don't know 100% as I've always used the USPS option. I will say that, for me at least, this year the Newgistics shipping has been a lot better. My packages usually arrive within a week from getting a shipping notification.
    My Feedback Thread

My wants list

Ordering my first sub so why they charge $50 from the start?

* 1x 2014 Club Eternia® --- $25.00
    * 1x Initial Figure --- $25.00

That's more than one subfigure.. am I stupid or something?!?!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK