Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Unnamed One Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Unnamed One Video Review by Pixel Dan

A little late, but hope you enjoy regardless!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I pretty much agree the idea behind the figure is terrible (I really hate it) but the figure itself is actually pretty nice. The 2nd head is great for customs but not so much for this figure.
    I kind of wished you would do a comparison with the 200x Orko whom he somewhat resembles, you mention it but didn't show it.

Good review.

Good review.

I really like the back story. The Trollans are the oldest race that is known in the MOTU universe so it make sense that they would make the snakemen. And it makes sense that of all the Trollans one would become evil. Just like General Zod, Sinestro etc.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I like the figure, now I just wish we can get a pre-evil Gorpo.
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    And to think...a few weeks ago, this thread would have been at least 20 pages long by now.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    The second head looks great on another body. Keldor's bright blue is a nice fit.
    Mattel needs to make an MOTU equivalent to Skylanders. It would create a new generation of MOTU fans.

Thanks for the review Dan, great stuff as always. I think you did a great job at maintaining professional and concentrating on what is actually a very good action figure.

Wish he had a waist turn though.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    SPOILERS!!! Geez, Dan.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I personally love the story! Great figure, love the Gorpo reference. A Trollan behind it all - least suspected - I love it.
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

Heroic Warrior
    Dan another great review! I'm in 100% agreement with you, bad as the actual Unnamed One, but excellent as a figure. And both heads are great for mixing and matching.

May I ask a question? Does the green magic-blast fit on one of King Hsss' snake-tentacles (of the snake body)?

Btw. this figure is very cool. As far as I know now, the fact that there are evil Trollans is known since the days of Filmation. And per fan-created story Gorpo is an evil Trollan. So it fits. But I do not like the idea of this being the Unnamed One. Actually I do not like the idea of Unnamed One completely. But again - very cool evil Trollan, I will come up with my story how to include him in my MOTU-canon for sure!

Another very cool review from Pixel Dan.
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

I think he looks great! My only issue with him is that he doesn't have a ball jointed stand. Seems an odd choice.
    Glad we didn't get some guy with that silly Snake Mountain face.

I'm not a fan of the concept of the UNO in general. To me the Snake men evolved on Eternia, not created by anyone. I find creationism stories dumb unless it's for a robot. Seems like weak storytelling, same as having characters under mind control, as supposedly some of the Horde members are.
    Last edited by Rodster6; April 4, 2014 at 10:59am.

I agree with Dan that it is a bad idea with having an evil Trollan as the UNO. But, it is a cool figure. I'm just glad I did not sub and get stuck with this figure.

I really do not understand the second head. What's the point of the helmet? I think that an unmasked head would have been better, especially if it looked like the large demon head on the toy Snake Mountain.

BTW: I like the way it looked like he was really floating when Dan had it spin, from certain angles the stand disappeared in front of the white background. Neat.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I still don't like the idea of the figure being the unnamed one,while it would have made a cool figure on it's own as say an evil ally of skeletor,a regular nuisance to annoy He-man and have some kind of grudge with orko,that would be fine.....but this is suppose to be the big bad of the motu universe who creates the snakemen and unleashes a terrible scurge on eternia,and that's why i can't buy it(the idea that is...i have subbed).

For me thirty years of waiting and discussing who,what,why and the hype of all the con's and the covered figure......it's just so anti-climatic,as i said as a stand alone villian he's fine but not the big bad......

Thanks Dan for another great review. You almost always have the same perspective as me.

And because the feel (to me at least) is so Feminine, I'm renaming this figure Cru-Elle, evil Female Trollan allied with Skeletor.

As the apprentice of Montork, Cru-elle was shown some of the greatest magic in all of Trolla. Her magical powers and knowledge grew but her knowledge of the light was never enough. She wanted to try the dark powers on Trolla and her thirst for knowledge changed her into dark shadow of her former self. It consumed her and filled her with a lust for power. She attacked the Trollan High Counsel and the Counsel's combined powers were just enough to stop her, but she fled to Eternia seeking the power that was said to be hidden there.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Great review, as always, and I think you did an especially good job of separating your personal feeling toward the character and the merits of the figure on its own. You were honest about your opinion of him as the big bad of the MOTUC, but still gave him a fair shake as a toy unto himself. Objectivity like that is a rare commodity these days, and you deserve kudos for embracing it so well here.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Thanks, Dan. Your review has inspired me to finally do something with this figure's parts...

1) Make a figure worthy of the name, The Unnamed One:
    • Cut the ears off the helmeted head.
    • Put it on a full size male buck.
    • Add armor from other figures.
    • Give him the magic blast and snake staff as accessories.

2) Hide "Dorko" on the Z-Listers shelf as an evil Trollan.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Widget
    Great review Dan. he figure is pretty cool and you gave your personal thoughts as well. I like that about your reviews.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Agreed 100% this isn't what anyone expected The Unnamed One to be (well, unless one already knew...) and This CERTAINLY "isn't Gorpo"...but it IS a pretty cool sculpt. The guys packed a lot into such a small sculpt. This has been a difficult topic to talk about considering all the "would of, could of, should of" opinions masquerading as facts. You did a good job summing things up while communicating YOUR opinion on the subject. I find my self alongside you in the "cool looking toy, but..." camp. It seams like UNO has been a bit of a "friend killer?" with a lot of "talking" amongst everybody, but not enough listening?...

I do wonder why you didn't mention Val's ancient Opening The Vault interviews with the mini comics creators? Those interviews are what inform all of our opinions on what the Unnamed (AKA Nameless) One to be.

Could anyone get the spell blast to balance? It took me FOREVER, but I finally just got it the other day! I love the spell blast, especially since that was kinda one of the ways I visualized this charterer over the years. This Spell Blast was a GREAT nod to the 200X series! I wish we could have a bigger Spell blast for King Hiss, whom (In My Canon™) is "The Unnamed One's" master. I dislike how it only fits on this guy's hand. [I GRRRR![/I] Castaspella's blast is fun because so many people can use it. This was something that Scott made sure was part of the Green lantern toy lines, Why NOT with Unnamed One's magic blast?!!?

The 2nd head made me think of the bumbling minions of Tim Curry/Devil in Legend and the Darknuts from Zelda. I love the 2nd head. I was totally expecting a "Snake mountain man" face, but the Unnamed One was all about throwing a curve ball at expectations! Putting this head on DB Skeletor was the first thing that I did with it!, but this head almost looks like it was made for Dactus with the exaggerated styling, color matching and same number of fingers/toes...I'd love to have more helmeted heads as I imagine The Unnamed could have a bunch of these, that they transform the wearer into a hybrid Trollan slave race...However I do not see a Horde resemblance at all on that detail. If it looks like anything, IMO it resembles Draego-Man, especially with the horns. Or are they antenna? Look closely at it under a magnifying glass to see the thing I am speaking of...Could THIS be a hint to of the Great Black Wizard? Perhaps this could be him?

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I really do not understand the second head. What's the point of the helmet?
    A "man in the iron mask" sort of punishment? I forget who said that originally, but it is an Idea that I liked!
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; April 4, 2014 at 07:34pm.
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    I like the figure, now I just wish we can get a pre-evil Gorpo.
    Yes. I as well. Like that Ask Gorpo design. I hadn't realized until this review that there was evidently no gorpo design before fan community. Really just a name? For some reason I was certain the blue and purple with a g and stars was established somewhere official.

Evidently the Ask Gorpo is a He-Man.org original design.

Well, I love the idea of Gorpo, and I love that this makes him legitimate and that they gave him a great story.

Thanks PD --I think you summed up what most people feel is that Uno is a GREAT figure, just hard to accept as the ultimate evil.
    Personally, I'm ok with him being a really nasty bad guy (evil 5th dimensional beings are scary when you think about it )

Heroic Warrior
    I think the figure is nice and well-done, and while he isn't what I would have done or wanted to see as the Unnamed One, I don't particularly have any hate against it. Not exactly sure I really got my money's worth with this one, though.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I pretty much agree with Dan's video: great figure, terrible bio/story attached to great figure.

Also, every time someone calls this figure Gorpo, I die a little bit inside. <- That sad guy is Gorpo.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Yes. I as well. Like that Ask Gorpo design. I hadn't realized until this review that there was evidently no gorpo design before fan community. Really just a name? For some reason I was certain the blue and purple with a g and stars was established somewhere official.

Evidently the Ask Gorpo is a He-Man.org original design.

Well, I love the idea of Gorpo, and I love that this makes him legitimate and that they gave him a great story.
    The Offical version of Gorpo from the 1984 UK MOTU Annual:

He-Man.org's Gorpo:

The Gorpo created through multiple fan suggestions, which has been asked for since 2010:

Last edited by Darkspecter; April 5, 2014 at 05:41pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I would have no interest in a purple re-paint Orko. I much prefer the Gorpo we got. The original version just seems like a poor mans Orko and a bit redundant.