Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Loo-Kee and Kowl Chase 2-pack Discussion

Official Loo-Kee and Kowl Chase 2-pack Discussion

These pics have been spreading around Facebook. They are said to be original, not customs.

Not sure if this is a true spoiler, but I thought I'd 'be safe' since this could give an indication as to how these two will be released.

Last edited by Tallstar; January 18, 2014 at 07:31am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Oooh!

Interesting!
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

They're so cute, can't wait to find out when and how we are getting them. Soooooo looking forward to finally adding them to my POP/Whispering Woods display. Will be a lot of fun to "hide" Loo-Kee there. Thanks so much for the pics

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    If that's true, then I can take another name out of the POP list.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome! I wonder if K*** and L**-K** will contribute to the "more PoP in 2014 than any other year" count?

If so, that would leave a LOT of vintage PoP for 2015 including Angella, Mermista, Entrapta, Double Trouble, Sweet Bee, Peekablue, Spinnerella and Perfuma!

I smell a two pack......
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Now, how to explain (IMC ) the 2 K---s?

Older/younger ? Separate characters? Hmmmm.....
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

huh?

Kowl looks like a custom to me. His eyes are missing the reflection spot which the already released one has. And the pictures strategically hide the China print and serial number.

Plus if you look closely his paint app in the back looks very yellowish to me.

Loo-Kee isn´t showing a China print or serial number at all so again i can´t tell.

Here are the Fwoosh pictures as references:

I Just saw that the threads title has changed and the names are in the title so i´m not sure what to do since we are talking about spoilers i still gave my thoughts in a spoiler just for fairness
    Last edited by Niki; January 18, 2014 at 08:53am.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Niki: I just noticed this pic. (it's possible one or both of these aren't 'final production')

P.S. It wasn't me who changed the thread title, in case anyone was wondering.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Crazy thought, but what if the potential mini-sub is either Filmation or POP, and they offer a sub exclusive to generate additional mini-sub sales? Perhaps these two are that sign-up sub exclusive...

- - - Updated - - -

Niki, knowing paint apps have been dropped from NEW figures, I wouldn't be surprised if the eye marks to which you refer are dropped on a "variant" like this as another cost saving measure.

^ I would love that! Unless they equate the price to those two to that of a regular fig.

Ugh, hate the ugly trademark stamps on the back of them, but otherwise they look great! Can't wait to get them
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Mermista, Peekablue
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation:Lizard Man, Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Niki: I just noticed this pic. (it's possible one or both of these aren't 'final production')

P.S. It wasn't me who changed the thread title, in case anyone was wondering.

The serial numbers are still missing…no let me rephrase that i simply don´t see them.

On the Fwoosh picture it clearly shows Kowls is on his left ear on the back. Noormally the figures do have them on their feet but with Kowl there isn´t enough space Loo-Kee has bigger feet so there would be space(at least theoretically) but the above shown pictures clearly show there is no number on his feet.

Just pointing that out. I would love to get Loo-Kee with whom i don't care but i don´t need a mother Kowl to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Crazy thought, but what if the potential mini-sub is either Filmation or POP, and they offer a sub exclusive to generate additional mini-sub sales? Perhaps these two are that sign-up sub exclusive...

Niki, knowing paint apps have been dropped from NEW figures, I wouldn't be surprised if the eye marks to which you refer are dropped on a "variant" like this as another cost saving measure.
    Maybe you are right but

Kowls eyes are big and with out that reflection spot they look dead
    i really hope you are not right but you have a point there.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    huh?

I Just saw that the threads title has changed and the names are in the title so i´m not sure what to do since we are talking about spoilers i still gave my thoughts in a spoiler just for fairness
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    The serial numbers are still missing…no let me rephrase that i simply don´t see them.
    If they are not final, and or not yet assigned to a Sku, they won't have the numbers printed on yet. Lookee is not a custom, and he doesn't have them yet either.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    They look awesome. Please let them be real and not customs.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Pretty exciting! Though I wonder two things: will they be cheap? I mean, for $20 we not only got Kowl but also a slew of weapons as part of the Weapons Pak. And two... I shouldn't complain, but I wonder why even bother doing both versions of Kowl? I would've rather have had just the End Of Wars Weapons Pak minus classic toy colors Kowl but plus all the weapons' missing paint apps (and additional new weapons), if Mattel was just six months later or so going to release another Kowl (Filmation colors) packed with Loo-Kee. So, hopefully Loo-Kee and Kowl will be $15 or under (or better yet, a PoP sub perk for subscribing!).
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    While I hope they're real, I also really hope Mattel will fix that issue with Kowl's eyes... They don't just look dead, that stare looks kinda creepy...
    They never should save money regarding the eyes. They are there one of the most essential parts of a character's look.
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; January 18, 2014 at 10:13am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

They look pretty cool. Hopefully, however they decide to release them, they are made widely available to everyone. Kowl is my favorite POP character and I've always wanted a Loo-Kee.

They look so cute! Would love if they were released with other figures! They could just be early production models. In any case, we need them.

Also Yasssssssss to a potential PoP mini-sub, just waiting for Toyguru to announce one and I am IN!

They look great!! A shame Kowl isn't a tad bit bigger, but no matter. I, like the rest of you, hope they aren't chase or rare or sold in a two pack for 25 bucks...let's see them snuck in as accessories, please!

TheBortster - I wanna see that Whispering Woods display of yours!

These little guys are awesome but I think Filmation Kowl needs to be darker. He looks kinda...peachy-pink. Kinda prefer End of Wars Kowl to this one.

And I'm sure I'm gonna get run out of here for saying it, but I think from a marketing angle these would make a great surprise/disappearing slot ala Spirit of Hordak for 2014.

Any idea where these originated?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    TheBortster - I wanna see that Whispering Woods display of yours!
    I'll take some pictures and put them in the "Post your MOTUC collection" thread. Something I wanted to do for a while now, but haven't quite found the time yet.

Sure looks like an awful lot of yellow coming through Kowl's paint in some of those pics. Or, is that a reflection? At first, it made me think it was a custom, but I think a customizer would be more careful about something like that. Hmmm...
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Not really new info. There were pics of that Kowl in the Glimmer thread a few weeks back. Someone from that MOTU German site had him and links were posted in that thread.
    Last edited by Bonehead; January 18, 2014 at 02:11pm.