Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A new podcast- Council of the First Ones

http://greatrebellion.org/index.php/...first-ones-ep8

Here is an all new episode that concludes the bio discussion series. Next episode is the first in a two parter that is an interview with EMILIANO SANTALUCIA.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Episode 9 is here! This is the first part of our two part interview with He-Man.org's own Emiliano Santalucia.

http://www.greatrebellion.org/index....first-ones-ep9

Edit 15th March:

Our site seems to be down at the moment so, the above link does not work, but you can find episode here:
    http://www.archive.org/details/Counc...stOnesEpisode9

- Joni -
    Last edited by EuroCoin; March 15, 2012 at 07:36am.
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Awesome! I'll be listening to this tonight.
    END OF LINE

Whoops! Somebody forgot to update this thread!
    Episode 10: The Emiliano Special Part II
    Episode 11: Dragon Episode
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Awesome!

These podcasts are getting better and better with each passing episode, guys!

You picked a really interesting theme by delving into the MOTU/dragons mythos. I found it particularly interesting when you drew parallels between the MOTU "The Dragon's Gift" and She-Ra "Darksmoke and Fire" episodes. I've never thought about it like that before. Maybe JMS really is that much of a stickler for continuity.

As far as my favourite dragon goes I'd have to pick Granamyr. Sorrowful takes second place because my little girl loves to sit down and watch that episode.

I'd have to say "The Dragon Invasion" is my favourite dragon-centric episode, mostly for nostalgic reasons. It was released on VHS in the UK way back when and I must have watched it a gazillion times.
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

Widget
    Thanks Prozac! Have you also been watching I HAVE THE POWER?
    The newest admin of TGR www.greatrebellion.org listen to our podcast Council of the First Ones and watch my vlog series I HAVE THE POWER

Episode 12 is now up! This time we discuss about MOTU Memorabilia & merchandise.

Direct link to the episode 12

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prozac View Post
    These podcasts are getting better and better with each passing episode, guys!

You picked a really interesting theme by delving into the MOTU/dragons mythos. I found it particularly interesting when you drew parallels between the MOTU "The Dragon's Gift" and She-Ra "Darksmoke and Fire" episodes. I've never thought about it like that before. Maybe JMS really is that much of a stickler for continuity.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed the theme.

Episode 13 is now up! This time we discuss about vintage MOTU art.

Direct link to the episode 13

- Joni -

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories

A little update: episode 14 that discusses the new comic and episode 15 being a special on the SDCC reveals with particular focus on Vykron are now up.

Just a little note about it: all of us at TGR are thrilled about Vykron and some are a bit surprised that many fans don't love that guy as much. However, to quote Joe Amato from the podcast, we obviously fully respect those who have a different opinion from ours, so please don't take our enthusiasm during the show in a bad way.

You will not hear MY enthusiasm anyway since I am the silent editor!

http://www.greatrebellion.org/forum/...10.msg4025#new

This links directly to episode 15. For episode 14 just scroll up.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

I loved doing episode 15. Just my opinions of course, and I can get really passionate.

I listed to episode 15 last night and it was all about playsets instead of SDCC. Was the episode mislabeled?
    Last edited by Darth Daddy; May 8, 2012 at 10:02pm.
    Say cheese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    I listed to episode 15 last night and it was all about playlets instead of SDCC. Was the episode mislabeled?
    It was mislabeled. It is correct now, with 14 being about DC comics and 15 is about the SDCC exclusive Vykron. Let us know what you think of the SDCC episode. By the way, what did you think of the playset episode?
    Last edited by Joe Amato; May 1, 2012 at 03:49pm.

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    It was mislabeled. It is correct now, with 14 being about playsets and 15 is about the SDCC exclusive Vykron.
    Actually the playsets episode is episode 16, next in line to be released. Episode 14 was about the upcoming DC comic series.

EDIT:
    I seem to have editing my post curse. Every time I edit or delete my message, someone manages to quote it, before that edit of deletion is complete.

- Joni -
    Last edited by EuroCoin; May 1, 2012 at 03:49pm.

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories

It was mislabeled. It is correct now, with 14 being about playsets and 15 is about the SDCC exclusive Vykron. Let us know what you think of the SDCC episode. By the way, what did you think of the playset episode?
    I thought it was hilarious. I loved the part about the 9-volt battery. Glad you got the microphone working.

Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    Yes, the playset episode was accidentally released yesterday. The real episode 15 (or maybe named 14b depending on where you download it) is the SDCC episode.

EDIT:
    Joe beat me in answering the question!

- Joni -
    Thanks for letting me know! I'll download the SDCC episode and listen to it now. Your podcasts are always fun to listen to; loved the dragon episode from a few weeks back, btw.
    Last edited by Darth Daddy; May 1, 2012 at 03:45pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Say cheese!!!

I thought it was hilarious. I loved the part about the 9-volt battery. Glad you got the microphone working.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll download the SDCC episode and listen to it now. Your podcasts are always fun to listen to; loved the dragon episode from a few weeks back, btw.
    Glad you liked the playset episode. And I did have fun searching for that 9 volt battery and getting Snake Mountain to work. It was a spur of the moment thing.

And you are right Eurocoin 14 is DC comics, 15 SDCC, and 16 will be about the playsets. My bad.

Glad you liked the playset episode. And I did have fun searching for that 9 volt battery and getting Snake Mountain to work. It was a spur of the moment thing.

And you are right Eurocoin 14 is DC comics, 15 SDCC, and 16 will be about the playsets. My bad.
    No worries; it's all good. Thanks for doing the podcasts. It is fun to have the different podcasts that both your crew and Val and his crew put together. As an aside, I've introduced my kids to Masters (as of a couple years ago) and they like it quite a bit. My son is sitting next to me playing with his new Wind Raider, piloted by a 200X He-Man, who is fighting MOTUC Clawful and Webstor. When Vykron was unveiled the other day my son said, "Hey Dad... who is that guy?" When I said "I don't know," he said, "well, maybe Pixel-Dan will know." Pretty funny...
    Last edited by Darth Daddy; May 1, 2012 at 04:06pm.
    Say cheese!!!

No worries; it's all good. Thanks for doing the podcasts. It is fun to have the different podcasts that both your crew and Val and his crew put together. As an aside, I've introduced my kids to Masters (as of a couple years ago) and they like it quite a bit. My son is sitting next to me playing with his new Wind Raider, piloted by a 200X He-Man, who is fighting MOTUC Clawful and Webstor. When Vykron was unveiled the other day my son said, "Hey Dad... who is that guy?" When I said "I don't know," he said, "well, maybe Pixel-Dan will know." Pretty funny...
    Sounds like your kids will become big MOTU fans. And I see your son knows Pixel Dan. That is pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    A little update: episode 14 that discusses the new comic and episode 15 being a special on the SDCC reveals with particular focus on Vykron are now up.
    Coolness!

Sounds like your kids will become big MOTU fans. And I see your son knows Pixel Dan. That is pretty cool!
    Thanks; here's to hoping a whole new set of younglings besides ours get introduced to MOTU in this 30th anniversary year. I already know the new comic will be a hit at our house.

BTW: I think that in every episode of your podcast the guys on your show should put you on the spot and have you flesh out a cool idea (on-the-fly) for a new way to boost awareness of MOTU. I think you have some cool ideas and you never know what might "click" with the powers that be. Plus, you could go head to head against Crespo's "rant." Ha! (Not sure if I spelled his name right.)
    Say cheese!!!

Thanks; here's to hoping a whole new set of younglings besides ours get introduced to MOTU in this 30th anniversary year. I already know the new comic will be a hit at our house.

BTW: I think that in every episode of your podcast the guys on your show should put you on the spot and have you flesh out a cool idea (on-the-fly) for a new way to boost awareness of MOTU. I think you have some cool ideas and you never know what might "click" with the powers that be. Plus, you could go head to head against Crespo's "rant." Ha! (Not sure if I spelled his name right.)
    Yeah it is always great seeing new generations of fans being introduced to MOTU. And yes I love your idea of being "put on the spot". I love giving my ideas on so many things. And yes you spelled Crespo's name correctly.

Yeah it is always great seeing new generations of fans being introduced to MOTU. And yes I love your idea of being "put on the spot". I love giving my ideas on so many things. And yes you spelled Crespo's name correctly.
    Cool; glad you like the idea. Hopefully you guys will do it. I'll listen for it in the future podcasts.
    Say cheese!!!

Episode 16 is now up! This time we discuss about MOTU playsets.

Direct link to the episode 16 (file is named 15, but it is the correct episode)

- Joni -

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The episode about MAA's death ought to be exciting!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)