Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: A new podcast- Council of the First Ones

Court Magician
    Thank you for this podcast. Finally something to hear. No masterscast, no rgd, no global masters or any other podcasts for ages now. THANK U, THANK U THANK U!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsting View Post
    Thank you for this podcast. Finally something to hear. No masterscast, no rgd, no global masters or any other podcasts for ages now. THANK U, THANK U THANK U!!!!
    You're welcome!

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by Jsting View Post
    glad you're listening!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Happy New Year to All, welcome back!

Well as of this post Crespo, if you haven't heard the '66 Batman is coming so miracles do happen!

Sorry Kelly, it seems Hobby Lobby may be shutting it stores down soon... (But then again the reasons they are choosing make it sound like that maybe they should considering their biases).

Rene.... you are not ALONE in this world. MLP.... yeah I don't get it either! Sorry to all you Bronies but I'm not seeing it but I'm not judging either. (Although as a Doctor Who fan I do have the Hooves! )
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Episode 73 is up! It's Council of the First Ones' second anniversary. Join in when the Council is joined with a special guest Danielle a.k.a He-Man.org's own Penny Dreadful.

Direct Download Link

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Thanks for inviting me on! It was a blast geeking out with the Council!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Enjoying the podcast! Great to hear Penny (GENIUS IDEA WITH THE DUNK TANK; I know someone who has the tank as well)!

I did just want to drop some opinion in regards to Dare / He-Ro which I completely understand the rational behind as to why we should not have anything after He-Man in the sense it was stated. BUT.... I do think it would be cool possibly to just have the Dare character / figure pop up and I would do it this way (considering he was a concept work done) just to give you a taste and nothing more:

Considering we have Spector hopping around time we could just target one sole story in which we go to the future (I have some ideas as to how and why this happens) of Eternia (and maybe not a He-man story but possibly another charcater) in which they travel and see what the "possible future" of Eternia can be. There you get to see Dare and anything else just to ENTICE, but NOT GIVE you anything more. The better thing is you can yank back He-Man or the character chosen for this story goes back to their current timeline and no harm no foul. You could even script the character hoping to get some news to take back and they either get nothing and as for what they see, can be made to appear that maybe the subject dreamed or imagined it... leaving the story of Dare to be told some day.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Better late than never...
    Episode 74 is up! This is part 1 of our Toy Fair 2014 discussion - Masters of the Universe stuff.

Direct Download Link

- Joni -

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories

Here's Episode 76: MOTUC where Kelly, Rene, Joni, and Crespo discuss some of the bios that were revealed at Toy Fair.

why no episode 75? Well that's the NON-MOTU Toyfair stuff, but if you want to listen to that one, click here!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Here's Episode 76: MOTUC where Kelly, Rene, Joni, and Crespo discuss some of the bios that were revealed at Toy Fair.
    why no episode 75? Well that's the NON-MOTU Toyfair stuff, but if you want to listen to that one, click here!
    "We have a shortlist of directors"
    Have there already been shortlists of directors? It's my understanding more than one directors were picked and those changes were reversed for one reason or another.

"You need a director that loves MOTU"
    I would settle for a director that really knows what they're doing, and has an established record to back this up. I am resigned to redesigned characters and a storyline that does not fit neatly within previously developed canon. The best hope for a true MOTU movie I feel is going to be in an animated movie.

"They shouldn't play with the real names as much as they do"
    Really wishing there were no real names on the packaging.

"[The bio] was a quick write because back then Mattel didn't have the Filmation rights."
    Do the bios need to be approved years in advance of the toy being produced?

"Skeletor never had a real army builder"
    Robot Knights! Slime Pit Skeletons! Skelecons! NA Mutant Soldiers! Shadow Beasts! Also the episode where he made lots of little Skeletors.

* Every time I heard "she was in the Bible" I had to laugh because it sounded like it was being said that she was in the actual bible!

* The "moral of the story" piece was my favorite part of Loo-Kee's bio!

* Poor Goat Man! The bio makes me think of Beast Man in an assisted living facility and Goat Man has to scrub his loincloth every day.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Sky Commanders...that was the hanging toyline. It had a cartoon of the Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    "You need a director that loves MOTU"
    I would settle for a director that really knows what they're doing, and has an established record to back this up. I am resigned to redesigned characters and a storyline that does not fit neatly within previously developed canon. The best hope for a true MOTU movie I feel is going to be in an animated movie.
    I've made the director's statement on several occasions here and on my other podcast. "Competent" directors doesn't mean a good movie. I can give you an entire list of directors who are known for the outstanding work and have done a handful movies that you can clearly tell their hearts were not in it. You need a director who gets the material and gets a passion because then they will understand the essence of what MOTU really means. Otherwise, you end up with another Green Lantern fiasco.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Is there way to get the older episodes that aren't on iTunes anymore?
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    Is there way to get the older episodes that aren't on iTunes anymore?
    All the episodes are uploaded to Archive.org and you should be able to find them there.

Link to Archive.org CotFO episodes

- Joni -

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories

Somebody's been very lazy in updating this thread... *cough*Crespo*cough* So, Here's a CotFO 4-Episode combo!!

This is the Most Recent Episode of Council of the First Ones where Joni, Rene, Kelly and Crespo deal with the Recent Bios Revealed (Entrapta, Filmation Hordak, Flogg, NA Skeletor, and Flutterina)
    Episode 80: Recent 2014 Bios

Episode 79 Deals with The 12th MOTU Comic by DC, Join Kelly, Joni, and Rene while they (mainly) discuss the comic mentioned!
    Episode 79: DC's MOTU #12

Episode 78 Deals With Blade: the Figure, DC's Adam and Adora, MOTU Day (also Let it Go!) Join Kelly, Rene, Joni, and Crespo.
    Episode 78: Blade needs to Let it Go

Episode 77: He-Man vs Skeletor! Their Final Battle! (The Comic that comes with UNO: the Review) Join Kelly, Rene, Joni and Crespo while they discuss this Truly Outrageous comic!
    Episode 77: He-Man vs Skeletor! Their Final Battle! Commentary

Thank you for the new episode! Some thoughts about Episode 80:

1. Regarding the bios "DC is doing a better job" - Shouldn't they be? Since they are using trained professional writers?
    2. Laser He-Man/Skelly for SDCC next year - There was next to no tooling invested in Filmation Hordak, and they still raised the price. I can't see a high tooled figures showing up after this. The price is now too high.
    3. Looking back, it would have been fun for Mattel to show us a new character and have us compete in a bio writing contest. The winning bio would be used with the toy when it's released.

Downloading now! This episode will fuel the coloring of an Autobot.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Thank you for the new episode! Some thoughts about Episode 80:

1. Regarding the bios "DC is doing a better job" - Shouldn't they be? Since they are using trained professional writers?
    2. Laser He-Man/Skelly for SDCC next year - There was next to no tooling invested in Filmation Hordak, and they still raised the price. I can't see a high tooled figures showing up after this. The price is now too high.
    3. Looking back, it would have been fun for Mattel to show us a new character and have us compete in a bio writing contest. The winning bio would be used with the toy when it's released.
    1: While DC folks are Professionals at Comics, their expertise is in more standard Superhero stuff and they took some time to find their groove fro MOTU. While I PERSONALLY feel like DC could be doing better, I'm glad that they have improved a lot.

2: I hope that when they get to those two, we get a bang for our buck. (To Manage Expectations I'm picturing a Repainted NA Skeletor with the Alcala Head for LL Skeletor. Only He-Man would be getting most of the new Tooling.

3: Oh yeah! That would have been sweet! Sadly, the Legalese involved in making such thing a reality would be horrible!

Episode 81 is up! This time we talk about the end on Masters of the Universe Classics line in response to Mattycollector's announcement, that 2015 will be the last year of the line.

Direct Download Link

- Joni -

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories

Yay! Thanks so much for posting. I really enjoy listening to you guys. I love listening to you guys while doing various household chores such as mowing the lawn or doing the dishes or doing the laundry, and it makes things much more pleasant.
    Wes

Thanks for the timely podcast about The End! I really needed to hear some constructive discussion. Great job as always!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Listening to Episode 81.

* I'm hearing He-Man is gone for good "There is no future here", maybe resized, maybe retail. I don't believe any of those are true, unless a movie is released in which case we will see a limited retail release of Classics figures comprised of mainly reissues of figures we've already been offered. I see plenty of fans telling Mattel they don't want smaller figures. They only want Classics figures.
    * Spot on about the mini figures. The price is too high. They are too small.
    * "I'm glad we're getting rid of Digital River" - Are we? We'll see.
    * "They'll finish whatever they sculpted" - What about the final Doomsday figure for DCUC? We're not getting that figure. Not to mention Battleram's second half. Also, remember during one of the recent sub drives, Mattel told us they put a hold on any further sculpting work, in case the sub sales failed, since they were doing poorly at the time. Even though in the past we've been told that Mattel would keep making the figures as long as we keep buying them, Classics could still end up like Ghostbusters if enough collectors don't hand over their wallets again this year.

Last edited by AdultCollector; June 26, 2014 at 01:05am.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    As the end goes, we knew a few months back that this was happening. We just didn't know if they were going to direct about it or just elude to the end. This is not the end for Masters of the Universe. Mattel is going to do something with their property. Nothing has been set in stone. It could simply be that in 2016 they are going to do a signature series and maybe do only 6 figures or a special 2 pack here and there.

Unfortunately, all I've been hearing is downsizing, budget cuts, and corporate restructuring. I hope to see something in 2016, but I'm not an optimist.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Episode 82 is up! This time we talk about Power-Con and the problems it's facing at the moment. We are also talking about a little bit of our SDCC MOTUC figure reveal hopes and predictions.

Direct Download Link

- Joni -

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    How come #81 doesn't download from Itunes?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)