Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A new podcast- Council of the First Ones

Quote Originally Posted by SlickMcFavorite View Post
    Do you guys update your feed a little after the announcement here? It still hasn't shown up yet in my podcast manager. If not, just a heads up in case something went wrong. I do a podcast as well and I know just one little typo or invalid character in the XML and it stops updating.

Loving the show. Keep up the great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prozac View Post
    #19 isn't showing up in my iTunes feed yet. Will I be seeing it soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    I was going to comment on this, too. I am travelling this week and really missed having this for the plane ride.
    Episode 19 should now be available in Itunes, sorry for the delay.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Time Travel never works out? Tell that to the Doctor (Dr Who)
    How you doing wolfsfang? I heard that you wanted to know my problem with time travel. I brought it up in our most recent podcast we recorded, which will be up next week. As you will find out, I have some interesting opinions, but I respect yours and everyone elses too. I am not expecting people to start thinking like I do, just some crazy thoughts like I always have. Thanks again for listening, and I hope you enjoy what I have to say.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Maybe the Griffin's bio was nothing special because it's a Beast of Eternia™ bio -- it really isn't a character or anything. I was thinking of comparing the Shadow Beast bio, but at least it had the interesting tidbit about the Shadow Beasts being created by Count Marzo. The most surprising thing with the Griffin's bio was that Beast Man can control several HUNDRED of these beasts at once. Is Beast Man the best of his race, since all Beast Men can control animals? Or did he get some kind of Evil-Lyn-esque mental powerup like she did for Clawful?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Wanted to comment on the discussion you guys had regarding the bio for SMAA. I know that everyone assumes that Clamp Champ is the 'mortally wounding' warrior and you guys said in the podcast that you were surprised that the Sorceress (Teela version) couldn't "fix" MAA until he was mortally wounded. I was thinking that given the briefness of the bio, maybe there are other things at work that are yet to come to light. Other things that are yet to be revealed in backstory OR perhaps the elements of the bio are not necessarily listed in order of occurrence. For example, I could see the following as a possibility:

1. Maybe the Masters can't get to SMAA (for one reason or another). Potentially this plays into the whole "the Masters have had to go underground" storyline we've been hearing about.

2. Maybe Clamp Champ is not the character who delivers the mortal wounding, even though the two fight. The bio does not directly state that Clamp Champ delivers the blow... it is loosely implied... but not directly stated. (I know others have also raised this... but this did not come up in the podcast discussion.) Maybe Clamp Champ "holds him down" so that the Masters can get to him / capture him to try to "fix" him.

3. Maybe Sorceress (Teela) is able to transform Duncan back to his normal self only after he's been "clamped down" [captured] by the Masters. Again, thanks to Clamp Champ. (Maybe they could not get to SMAA before either because he was too closely protected or he was carefully hidden given his significance to both sides.)

4. Maybe once Clamp Champ has SMAA trapped and Sorceress (Teela) has worked her magic it is King Hsss who delivers the mortal wounding... out of fear that Duncan will be "overturned" and perhaps SMAA either knows too much about the Snake Men plans OR King Hsss is too selfish to lose his 'technical genius."

Food for thought; was thinking this might be a viable extra-bit of info that has not come to light just yet... I guess we need to keep reading the bios.

Interested to hear your thoughts...
    Say cheese!!!

• I'm a little horrified that the "Master of Capture" couldn't catch Snake MAA.

• I wouldn't be so quick to blame the bio writers this time for Snake MAA's condition: Snake Man-At-Arms' condition isn't one that's easily fixed. King Hsss' magic is confirmed as being really strong. In MYP, the Sorceress said that Hsss' magic was as strong as the Elders. That being said, Castle Grayskull didn't have any idea on how to reverse the condition in that big wonderful secrets of the universe library of theirs? This isn't the first time MAA has been hit with a condition that even Grayskull had no knowledge of. There was also the time in Filmation where The Sorceress was unable to change MAA back from a crystal statue, so they had to ask Granamyr.

Like mother, like daughter.

• If you want to read up on how MAA was changed to a Snake Man, there is the Episode 40 comic that came along with the 3rd MYP DVD that shows how it went down.

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    You bring up some intesting points Darth Daddy. I didn't think about it that way. Your right that the bios are breif and we don't get the full picture. It never stated how much time did pass and Teela might not have had full use of the powers of Grayskull when Ducan was turned. It could also be that Clamp Champ was able to bring him to Grayskull for Teela to proform the spell. But to quote Scott- We just have to keep reading the bios.

MegaGearMax, I think Matty was trying to show us that Beastman is smarter than we thought. His ablity to control animals might be way at times he seems slow (had to do 2 things at once).
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Adora NJ View Post
    You bring up some intesting points Darth Daddy. I didn't think about it that way. Your right that the bios are breif and we don't get the full picture. It never stated how much time did pass and Teela might not have had full use of the powers of Grayskull when Ducan was turned. It could also be that Clamp Champ was able to bring him to Grayskull for Teela to proform the spell. But to quote Scott- We just have to keep reading the bios.
    Thanks for your note; I think the "demise" of MAA / SMAA is too significant to be summed up in a few sentence bio... I certainly think that the use of Clamp Champ to capture SMAA is a good fit for the character... and his "ability." Maybe the battle in which Duncan is wounded is the first time any of the Masters were able to get close enough to him to "reclaim" (capture) him. OR perhaps there was some valuable intel that led the Masters to where Duncan was being "held" by Hsss and crew. Regardless, I really want to know more about the kinds of things that SMAA makes for the Snake Men.

Let's hope there is more to the story than meets the eye...
    Last edited by Darth Daddy; May 25, 2012 at 04:02pm.
    Say cheese!!!

Thanks for your note; I think the "demise" of MAA / SMAA is too significant to be summed up in a few sentence bio... I certainly think that the use of Clamp Champ to capture SMAA is a good fit for the character... and his "ability." Maybe the battle in which Duncan is wounded is the first time any of the Masters were able to get close enough to him to "reclaim" (capture) him. OR perhaps there was some valuable intel that led the Masters to where Duncan was being "held" by Hsss and crew. Regardless, I really want to know more about the kinds of things that SMAA makes for the Snake Men.

Let's hope there is more to the story than meets the eye...
    I am sure we will find out more too, and I really hope Duncan lives somehow.

Josephus, I saw your custom Attak Trak on Facebook. (At least I assume it was yours.) Nice work.

You guys were pretty hard on the ole Griffin; I am really excited to get that... something I've wanted since the MYP show. I'm hoping for more creature mounts. I am kinda "meh" on horses (like Arrow) but I'd really love more beast mounts. I just wish that you could attach the Wind Raider stand to it so you could put it in a flight pose. That would have been cool... and a way for Matty to (maybe) sell the stands for something other than the Wind Raider. (Just my .02).
    Say cheese!!!

Josephus, I saw your custom Attak Trak on Facebook. (At least I assume it was yours.) Nice work..
    The Filmation-based Attak Trak is by Joe Amaro.
    joseephus is Joe Amato.

Ha! Thanks for letting me know... !
    Say cheese!!!

Hey everyone listening to the Council of the First Ones podcast, stay tuned for Filmation month during June 2012.

Every week we will be covering a Season of He-Man and She-Ra. Please send any questions or thoughts to us and we will discuss it wherever relevant. Also tell us who is your favourite Filmation characters and whether you would want to see them in MOTUC!

Check out the TGR Facebook page where we will be discussing several of our favourite Filmation characters!
    Who is the real protector of Grayskull?

Episode 20 is here! This time we discuss about the MOTUC Mekaneck and The New Adventures of He-Man.

Direct download link

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    Episode 20 is here! This time we discuss about the MOTUC Mekaneck and The New Adventures of He-Man.

Direct download link

- Joni -
    Awesome; thanks for the heads-up. Looking forward to listening this evening! Stoked these are weekly releases!!!!! (Thanks for posting to iTunes, too.)
    Say cheese!!!

I never got the feeling that Mekaneck was some super depressed character like Snout Spout. I think he just wished he had better powers, compared to his flashier comrades. I always had the idea that since Mekaneck thought his powers sucked, it made him compensate for that "weakness" in other areas such as melee combat. Unfortunately, he still used his neck to beat Tri-Klops.

Wolfsfang I stand corrected. I wondered why when Marty went to 1885 and backed into the cave why the other Delorean wasn't there. I watched the movie again and it was another cave. My bad! I am man enough to admit when I was wrong, and I was here!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I never got the feeling that Mekaneck was some super depressed character like Snout Spout. I think he just wished he had better powers, compared to his flashier comrades. I always had the idea that since Mekaneck thought his powers sucked, it made him compensate for that "weakness" in other areas such as melee combat. Unfortunately, he still used his neck to beat Tri-Klops.
    Unfortunately we mostly got the melee fighting in first episodes. And many tend to see those as "oh man the over-twirling of everything".

Yes Mekaneck propably isn't super depressed all the time. But his one shining episode is "Mekaneck's Lament" and since it brings up the inferiority-issue, that is what most people remember. Which I personally don't like.
    Then again not many may have seen Filmation's "Search for a Son" and think that Mekaneck never had any origin told and was just "there in background as toy-commercial". Which again is a great shame.

Also I gotta admit I used two names constantly wrong. It was DRAGON MOUNTAIN where Mekaneck was with his son. And Season of Storms was from an Orko-episode. So my apologies for messing that up.

- Joni -
    Awesomesauce!

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    Just wait, our month long tribute to Filmation will be starting soon. I know it was great to remember those childhood memories that go with watching that show. And each week we will have a different host, starting out with Jukka!
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

Thanks guys; enjoyed listening to the discussion. I'm looking forward to that Filmation talk.

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    How you doing wolfsfang? I heard that you wanted to know my problem with time travel. I brought it up in our most recent podcast we recorded, which will be up next week. As you will find out, I have some interesting opinions, but I respect yours and everyone elses too. I am not expecting people to start thinking like I do, just some crazy thoughts like I always have. Thanks again for listening, and I hope you enjoy what I have to say.
    I think the main problem I have is nobody really knows how Time Travel works as nobody has ever actually travelled in time (unless you count the forward direction we are all currently travelling of course )

But if you go back and change something does it create splinter / alternate realities? Does it erase and replace the future ? or does it cause a paradox that totally erases the space/time continuum and bring the universe to an abrupt end?

and then there is going forward. Do you see a possible future or a certain one? If it is a certain one then that means everything is preordained which brings with it it's own problems, because if you discover everything is preordained how can you go to the past and change anything because everything that has happened and is going to happen will happen no matter what you do and trying to change it from happening is probably the very thing that makes it happen.

Time Travel just raises too many questions
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I think the main problem I have is nobody really knows how Time Travel works as nobody has ever actually travelled in time (unless you count the forward direction we are all currently travelling of course )

But if you go back and change something does it create splinter / alternate realities? Does it erase and replace the future ? or does it cause a paradox that totally erases the space/time continuum and bring the universe to an abrupt end?

and then there is going forward. Do you see a possible future or a certain one? If it is a certain one then that means everything is preordained which brings with it it's own problems, because if you discover everything is preordained how can you go to the past and change anything because everything that has happened and is going to happen will happen no matter what you do and trying to change it from happening is probably the very thing that makes it happen.

Time Travel just raises too many questions
    Very good post! I agree with everything you said. Time travel is very tricky to deal with and write about. I wouldn't want to touch it.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

Direct download link

- Joni -
    Sweet! Downloaded!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

In the Episode 20 podcast when you guys were talking about the outfit of the Sorceress in the NA mini-comics it reminded me of Padme's snow suit on Illum in the Gendy T. Clone Wars micro-series. (Hood and cloak off.) For what it's worth.

Can't wait for the Filmation podcast(s). I have some plane travel next week and would love to have a new episode by, say, Monday night...
    Say cheese!!!

Hi Darth Daddy, I agree with you on the Sorceress' outfit having a very Star Wars feel. Would really love to see this figure in the classics line!
    Who is the real protector of Grayskull?