Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A new podcast- Council of the First Ones

June is Filmation month on TGR!

Hi Everyone, June is Filmation month on TGR and we will be discussing the various seasons of the Filmation cartoon on Council of the First Ones Podcast. We will further be discussing Filmation characters on the TGR Facebook page. Join the discussion and tell us which Filmation characters you would like to see in the Masters of the Universe Classics line!

- - - Updated - - -

I will be posting some of my favourite Filmation characters over the next few weeks. I will specifically focus on those lesser known characters, which over the years have become much-loved by MOTU fans.

First up is Zilora, the strong-willed leader of the Snake Clan from Eternia’s ancient past.

Zilora appeared in The Time Corridor, Episode 8 from Season 1. She is portrayed as a capable warrior woman, who is not threatened by Skeletor, whom she refers to as the Ghost Face. Zilora was voiced by Linda Gary and does not appear in any future episodes. She has a strong resemblance to Teela, especially when compared to The Goddess version of Teela dressed in her snake armor.

Would you like to see Zilora in the Masters of the Universe Classics line?

Zilora.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Icer is Skeletor’s evil warrior who resides in the Arctic-like northern region of Eternia.

Icer appeared in ‘The Ice Age Cometh’ Episode 76 from Season 2. He has an Eskimo-like appearance with an ice blue body which appears to be made of solid ice. His abilities include being able to freeze living objects by simply touching them and melting his body into water to travel under or though small spaces. He can further camouflage himself into icy surroundings and has power over ice and snow. Icer is voiced by John Erwin and does not appear in any other episodes.

Icer has never officially been available in figure form, would you like to see Icer in the Masters of the Universe Classics line?

Icer.jpg
    Who is the real protector of Grayskull?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would like Zilora in the story, but as a figure. maybe.
    Ice is a big yes for a figure.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I'd happily buy both Zilora and Icer. I'd be shocked if we didn't get Icer, he is a highly requested Filmation characters.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

as far as Filmation Goes, I want Blackstar, Overlord, and to a (greatly) lesser extent Klone and Mara (and possibly Warlock).

But as far as Filmation Masters, Sea Hawk (now that we got Shadow Weaver) and Strong Arm. Of course Shokoti, but really I always wanted Strong Arm as a villain toy more than anyone with a small possibility of ICer, as Icer was so obviously already basically a toy by design.

Episode 21 is here! Filmation month has begun and this time we discuss about the first season of Filmation's He-Man and the Masters of the Universe series.

Direct download link

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    We just got done recording the 3rd episode of our Filmation tribute with a look at season 1 of She-ra.

What memories do you have from the classic He-man and She-ra tv show?
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

Episode 22 is here! Filmation month continues and this time we discuss about the second season of Filmation's He-Man and the Masters of the Universe series.

Direct download link

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories

Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    Episode 22 is here! Filmation month continues and this time we discuss about the second season of Filmation's He-Man and the Masters of the Universe series.

Direct download link

- Joni -
    Thank you; is there an iTunes version?
    Say cheese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    Thank you; is there an iTunes version?
    Should be

Princess Adora NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Adora NJ View Post
    Should be
    Woohoo! I see it now! Thank you!!! I was tied-up last week with a trade show and have not been able to listen to the last two episodes! I have a lot of catch-up on...

Hopefully there are some good discussions about time travel or I am going to be disappointed...
    Say cheese!!!

you won't be disappointed

Princess Adora NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    Woohoo! I see it now! Thank you!!! I was tied-up last week with a trade show and have not been able to listen to the last two episodes! I have a lot of catch-up on...

Hopefully there are some good discussions about time travel or I am going to be disappointed...
    I think you will enjoy this episode Darth Daddy! Let us know what you think.

This is the first episode I've listened to. Some responses:
    "To Save Skeletor" was a great episode, but I could never stand how incredibly ugly the demon was! I remember him having a little mustache that made it even worse lol.
    My favorite season 2 episode by far is "Not so Blind", in which He-man takes a blind Eternian boy on a journey to behold the singing crystals. Such a great story with a powerful message about acceptance and misconception.
    "The Problem with Power" is another great choice for favorite episode.
    If MOTU was to be extended into a third season, I would definitely have loved to see King Hiss and his Snakemen introducted, as well as some love given to Ninjor, Mosquitor, Dragstor, and other figures with backgrounds that are still in dire need of fleshing out. Preternia would be another must for the third season to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    This is the first episode I've listened to. Some responses:
    "To Save Skeletor" was a great episode, but I could never stand how incredibly ugly the demon was! I remember him having a little mustache that made it even worse lol.
    My favorite season 2 episode by far is "Not so Blind", in which He-man takes a blind Eternian boy on a journey to behold the singing crystals. Such a great story with a powerful message about acceptance and misconception.
    "The Problem with Power" is another great choice for favorite episode.
    If MOTU was to be extended into a third season, I would definitely have loved to see King Hiss and his Snakemen introducted, as well as some love given to Ninjor, Mosquitor, Dragstor, and other figures with backgrounds that are still in dire need of fleshing out. Preternia would be another must for the third season to explore.
    Thank you for listening and for your responses! "Not so Blind" is indeed a great episode, I agree.

- Joni -

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories

http://www.greatrebellion.org/forum/...sg4141#msg4141

New She-Ra episode is up! Please give it a few minutes to check the iTunes link.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    http://www.greatrebellion.org/forum/...sg4141#msg4141

New She-Ra episode is up! Please give it a few minutes to check the iTunes link.
    Awesome! Was waiting for this... and Crespo returns too... can't wait for the rant. That's one of my favorite parts.
    Say cheese!!!

Well, thanks! Sadly, I can't be on the podcast as much as I like due to some offline issues, but thanks for the support...

There IS a nice rant on Episode 24... coming soon!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

CotFO needs your help for our next podcast...SDCC expectations! Plus this helps me plan what needs to be covered.

So what figures do you hope will be revealed?
    What would shock you to hear?
    What other toy lines do you want to hear about?
    Who do you want to see?

Tell us!!!

Princess Adora NJ

Episode 24 is here! Filmation month ends with the She-Ra season 2 discussion. In this episode, we also discuss about the bios of Spikor and Sir Laser-Lot.

Direct download link

- Joni -

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Here are some thoughts regarding the bios of Spikor and Laser-Lot.

Spikor:
    - It does make sense for him to have had a different name than Spikor on basis of his origin in the bio. If he had been spikey all his life of course "Spikor" could have worked from the beginning. Admitted, "Kleffton" isn't the best name for a character to have, but since he is called Spikor NOW - who cares?

- I personally like the "fused with the armour" bit, as it nicely explains the figure's features.
    First off, his skin and spikey parts have different colours. And since he had this collar and those metal looking parts embedded in his chest I never saw that spikey torso as his skin, but as an armour he's wearing. The only thing that would contradict this is his blue and spikey head. But with that new bio it works. He was "simply" fused with spikey armour (including a helmet).

- By the way I don't think Kleffton was supposed to be a human to begin with - being fused with that armor sure wouldn't change his features THAT much while changing his skin colour to purple.

Laser-Lot:
    - It wouldn't change the past if he was taken to the future by a time agent (btw - the bio never states it was Spector), if he was about to/ supposed to die (for example being crushed by a boulder). In that case he wouldn't have changed anything back then anymore. Of course he could change things in the future though. On the other hand Laser-lot may not be THAT fixed in time - or as "the Doctor" would say: "Wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff..."

But then again: Why does anyone care about a period of time we basically know NOTHING about?

- Why would Laser-Lot know anything about Lasers? First off they HAD Lasers in Preternia. Secondly, he's called Laser-lot...

- If Laser-Lot is as good with technology as they say, he might be quick in adapting to new technology and working with it. A good understanding of how things work is a very good qualification to work with it.

- Why did they take LL to the future in the first place?
    It sure wasn't like this:

King He-Man: "What Clamp Champ's dead too?! Oh gee I guess we need a new Man-at-Arms...again."
    J. Spector: "I know just the guy!"

They sure didn't take him to the future in order to MAKE him the new MAA (the bio doesn't state that), but because of his deeds and power. So when he was taken to the future they might have realized his potential as he might have been working with new technology with basicaly no problems at all. He even might have worked together with Clamp Champ, who could have explained him anything new. So in the end they might have decided to make him the new MAA. It works for me.
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; June 26, 2012 at 01:52am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

On Spikor:
    The name is the biggest turn-off for many. I think it's more of having yet, another merger between a "Human" and a "non-human" that bothers me... We've had a certain set of elements repeating themselves... "King Hsss ate my brother!" "Mystic mergers!" "Clones" etc.

On SLL:

But we ALL Know it's Spector... He's the only Time Agent so far and possibly the only one we'll get... (Also I can't rant about Spector if it ain't Spector! )
    The lack of Laser-Lot's corpse does change a lot of stuff... His Magic Armor goes missing for 5000+ years. If someone was meant to use it in the past secretly then now he or she can't do it!

Sure his name is Laser Lot, but his powers are not really Laser-like... It's some Dragon-Magic due to his gem.

Still, bringing Duncan would have been a better choice...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Episode 25 is here! In this episode we discuss about the last 4 years of MOTUC.

Direct download link

- Joni -

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories

Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    Episode 25 is here! In this episode we discuss about the last 4 years of MOTUC.

Direct download link

- Joni -
    Great Christmas-story Joni!
    Wish you guys could have dug more into the history of MOTUC line. Discussing the prototype He-Man, sellout times, first time a figure got late (Mer-Man) that made Adora go into next year. All that good stuff.

Hey where were Joe and Dewald?

Joe was customizing stuff and Dewald had some issues with the weather... a storm was hitting SA and stuff...
    Sell-out times... "Grrrrr!!" That's what I think about discussing them. Don't want to do a full on rant about that... (too many expletives to be deleted by Arthur)

Listeners of the Council of the First Ones,
    You are hereby invited to join us on our special live (audio) netcast on this upcoming Friday the 13th, when the SDCC reveals happen (12pm [noon] pt)!

You will be able to hear our reactions, comments and rants and even interact (via text chat) with us and ask questions!
    This WON'T be a live audio stream from the panel itself, though our reporter Kelly, who will be attending the panel, may join us, if possible.

Audio stream, when it's time, can be found here:
    http://www.justin.tv/greatrebellion#/w/3395145456

- Joni -

Join our community at:

* My MOTU memories