Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: A new podcast- Council of the First Ones

Haven't read the entire thread yet so I don't know if this have been brought up, but I have a hunch that the two kids running are Randor and Keldor....

I think the illustrator doesn't want to give away this too much hence all of the shadowing on the characters and lack of detail....
    "From here to Eterni...a"

Quote Originally Posted by kissero View Post
    Haven't read the entire thread yet so I don't know if this have been brought up, but I have a hunch that the two kids running are Randor and Keldor....

I think the illustrator doesn't want to give away this too much hence all of the shadowing on the characters and lack of detail....
    I highly doubt it, unless young Randor & Keldor were somehow transported 5000 years into past or they are originally 5000 years from the past. Of course DC continuation isn't necessary MOTUC one, so we don't know how long there is between the time of King Grayskull and modern day Eternia, but still I doubt it.

And since I'm already here:
    Episode 26 is up! In this episode we discuss about our expectations for SDCC 2012.

Direct download link

And don't forget our live netcast tomorrow when the reveals happen. We most likely start the live cast about 60-30 mins before the panel starts.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

So Light Hope managed to resurrect all the First Ones after they have been mysteriously slaughtered by an unknown editor of the podcast at the end of the last episode...

Here are the links to the direct download, RSS feed and iTunes to the recording of the live cast! Hear our heores as they react to the reveals! Special guest: Chris Faccone!
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Episode 28
    SDCC Aftermath with Kelly Edmonds, Joni Koivisto, and the host N.Ahmed Crespo looking back on Kelly's Adventures at SDCC 2012
    Episode 29
    The Crisis of the 2013 MOTUC Sub Special! Starring Joe Amato, dewald DeLange, Joni Koivisto, Kelly Edmonds, and N.Ahmed Crespo (stuck as the host once again)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    So Light Hope managed to resurrect all the First Ones after they have been mysteriously slaughtered by an unknown editor of the podcast at the end of the last episode...

Here are the links to the direct download, RSS feed and iTunes to the recording of the live cast! Hear our heores as they react to the reveals! Special guest: Chris Faccone!
    Yet Light Hope sent me to San Deigo and made me text the CotFO, but Chris did a great job in my place.
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

Episode 30 of the Council is up! And this time we have a special guest: create a character contest winner, Daniel Benedict!

Thanks to Daniel for accepting our invite to the show!

http://www.greatrebellion.org/forum/...sg4237#msg4237

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Episode 30 of the Council is up! And this time we have a special guest: create a character contest winner, Daniel Benedict!

Thanks to Daniel for accepting our invite to the show!

http://www.greatrebellion.org/forum/...sg4237#msg4237
    Cool; thanks for the heads-up. Excited to download and to listen.
    Say cheese!!!

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I'm still not seeing the newest episode on iTunes

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Great! Gonnna download and listen right now!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightEdgeHe-Man View Post
    I'm still not seeing the newest episode on iTunes
    Second that; is there going to be an iTunes version? (Fingers crossed).
    Say cheese!!!

Episode 31 is up! In this episode we discuss about multiple random topics.

Direct download link

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    Second that; is there going to be an iTunes version? (Fingers crossed).
    here the I-tunes link http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/c...es/id497211337 and the newest ones are there.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess what! How does a second episode in one week sound! That what you are getting!

This time we go over the bios from SDCC! And Joe loves to talk about his 2nd favorite 30th figure- Cy-Chop!

episode 32
    itunes

Enjoy!

Princess Adora NJ

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I was kind of suprised there was such universal praise for Rattlor's bio on the show. While I liked that it made reference to both Snake Men and Horde allegiances, the original mini comics did that too and the way it went about it made much more sense to me. Having Tung Lashor and Rattlor's allegiance ultimately go the the Snake Men just seems appropriate to me. Also, if you're going to make a reference to "The General" name, it would make much more sense to call him that while he was with the Snake Men, not with the Horde. The only time he was called "The General" was when he was with the Snake Men in MYP, and every time he was with the Horde, he was called "Rattlor". Why reverse it?

Frosta's bio is ok to me except for the possible implication that she needs her wand to use magic. That's completely lame. And I know all the Motuc "real names" are totally stupid, but where the heck did Mackenzie come from? Giving them a "normal" but not common name just seems bizarre to me. Are we going to find out that Glimmer's real name is Laverne? Ugh.

Another thing that was touched on in this episode that has been bugging me is this big push as of late to try to make Keldor's claim to the throne a legitimate one. First off, I think it's terrible story telling to have so much of the cannon dependent on Eternian law and genealogy when the audience has essentially NO information on Eternian law and genealogy. With Keldor and Randor seemingly being close in age, it seems pretty likely to me that one of them is a *******. I suppose Eternian law could be different, but I've never heard of an illegitimate child being the "rightful" heir to the throne. I suppose Randor could have been illegitimate, but that seems..... stupid. Regardless, Keldor was either the legitimate successor to the throne, or he wasn't. If he was, it seems pretty unbelievable that he could be banished so easily from a palace that he presumably lived a lifetime in, especially since he just helped in "heroically" putting down a major uprising.

Edit: *sigh* The censored word is "a child born out of wedlock".

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I was kind of suprised there was such universal praise for Rattlor's bio on the show. While I liked that it made reference to both Snake Men and Horde allegiances, the original mini comics did that too and the way it went about it made much more sense to me. Having Tung Lashor and Rattlor's allegiance ultimately go the the Snake Men just seems appropriate to me. Also, if you're going to make a reference to "The General" name, it would make much more sense to call him that while he was with the Snake Men, not with the Horde. The only time he was called "The General" was when he was with the Snake Men in MYP, and every time he was with the Horde, he was called "Rattlor". Why reverse it?

Frosta's bio is ok to me except for the possible implication that she needs her wand to use magic. That's completely lame. And I know all the Motuc "real names" are totally stupid, but where the heck did Mackenzie come from? Giving them a "normal" but not common name just seems bizarre to me. Are we going to find out that Glimmer's real name is Laverne? Ugh.

Another thing that was touched on in this episode that has been bugging me is this big push as of late to try to make Keldor's claim to the throne a legitimate one. First off, I think it's terrible story telling to have so much of the cannon dependent on Eternian law and genealogy when the audience has essentially NO information on Eternian law and genealogy. With Keldor and Randor seemingly being close in age, it seems pretty likely to me that one of them is a *******. I suppose Eternian law could be different, but I've never heard of an illegitimate child being the "rightful" heir to the throne. I suppose Randor could have been illegitimate, but that seems..... stupid. Regardless, Keldor was either the legitimate successor to the throne, or he wasn't. If he was, it seems pretty unbelievable that he could be banished so easily from a palace that he presumably lived a lifetime in, especially since he just helped in "heroically" putting down a major uprising.

Edit: *sigh* The censored word is "a child born out of wedlock".
    Yeah the thought of Frosta needing a wand for magic does bother me too. I don't know if she is supposed to have magic and the wand can enhance it or give her other abilities, but I hope she can still use magic without the wand.

Episode 33: The Movie Episode
    Starring:
    Kelly Edmonds, Joe Amato, Joni Koivisto and Ahmed Crespo as the Redshirt
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Check out the latest episode of Council of the First ones that is a Snake Men special! And stay tuned for the next episode starring Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich.

Links to direct, feed and iTunes + all new blog:

http://www.greatrebellion.org/forum/...10.msg4339#new

Please also answer our new survey:

https://www.facebook.com/questions/505810339448190/
    Last edited by Arthur; September 12, 2012 at 11:46pm.

Snappy Threader
    Very cool again, I love these things, helps pass time during a boring work day!

Thank you! We also LOVE doing them...even if they use people as snake bait!

Thanks it so much fun recording the podcast and finding out that Crespo kissed a snakeman and like it.

Princess Adora NJ

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    Yeah the thought of Frosta needing a wand for magic does bother me too. I don't know if she is supposed to have magic and the wand can enhance it or give her other abilities, but I hope she can still use magic without the wand.
    The way I would like to look at it is Frosta's wand is a means of channeling her power, as I have done a remix of her bio as well...

Frosta
    Ally of She-Ra, the beautiful Ice Queen (Insert name choice here), rules the Kingdom of Snows high atop the Etherian Mountains. She has the ability to generate and shape ice, which is done with precision and accuracy when she uses her Magic Wand. The wand also creates freezing winds and rains; hinting at even more untapped power Frosta may have! Frosta discovered the wand in her teen years as she defended herself against the Horde attack squad led by Modulok on her parents Kingdom. Shocked to find her parents murdered at the hands of the Horde, Frosta's untapped power unleashed itself against the Horde and being uncontrolled, even some of her subjects as well. Luckily the wand kept her powers in check and allowed her to learn and master her abilities. Unfortunately with the combination of her powers and tragedy, Frosta over the years became somewhat emotionless and very distant even amongst her Rebellion comrades at times making her a seemingly emotionless member and stern Queen. Although she now seems to slowly be exploring those frozen parts of her personality as this became evident when she met She-Ra's twin brother He-man coming through the Lazer Gate to Eternia in pursuit of the Horde!

Maybe???

After listening to the Snake Special in regards to other members of the Snake Men, I guess the idea was they would all be reptilian based but not all snakes? I loved the theory that was thrown out there about Kobra Khan in regards to his personality traits and behavior! As far as SSSqueeze goes yeah I see the head sculpt does look like a gator or other type of reptile, but I think the type of snake they were attempting to go with her was the anaconda! I ok with SSSqueeze cause maybe that also a play on his personality where it's all he does, maybe the Snake Mens' mindless brute?
    Last edited by Nemisythe; September 16, 2012 at 11:10am. Reason: Almost forgot Grizzlor was with Hordak before he banished so wanted to keep continuity and put a character we haven't seen...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Now that you mention it, Sssqueeeze would benefit from a more Anaconda-esque head... Insert check out THESE Pythons joke here...
    Is it me or does Vintage Tunglashor *hmblush* look a bit like a poison dart frog?

BTW I LOVE!! the Frosta's wand controlling her power output idea... I love it so much that I might borrow it for my fan continuity...

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I'm not seeing the new episode on iTunes
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Now that you mention it, Sssqueeeze would benefit from a more Anaconda-esque head... Insert check out THESE Pythons joke here...
    Is it me or does Vintage Tunglashor *hmblush* look a bit like a poison dart frog?

BTW I LOVE!! the Frosta's wand controlling her power output idea... I love it so much that I might borrow it for my fan continuity...
    Gracias!

I'd be ok with Tung Lashor being such, since I would go for the reptile theme. But if it was to be kept in the snake family, he would be the desert horned snake.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I don't see episode 34 propped to iTunes; will the new episode be propped to iTunes?
    Say cheese!!!

I did forward the link to iTunes like I always do, but it's not taking it. I have no clue why.