Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Visions: Rock People!

Awesome idea.. But wouldn't it be a better idea to just make the rock parts connect and form the rock without the figure inside? I wouldn't really feel comfortable folding up my figure like that. :-s
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    that's an excellent idea: the perfect way to manage the rock people rendition.

do you think it will be necessary to glue the parts on the back? maybe just snap the parts on could work just fine...i have
    bad experiences with the glue used on motuc figures...

Movie mayhem!
    Wow this is just freaking amazing. GREAT JOB! I think it would be cool if they did some prototype comet warriors to use the new tooling even more

well this is sufficiently awesome. now I'm excited for the rock people.

and now I will also be disappointed when matty screws it up like they did with the sorceress.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

I wouldn't complain if this is how they were done My only worry is how loose the joints would eventually end up getting from folding and unfolding them over time. MOTUC figures aren't as sturdy or durable like some of the old classics... I'd be okay with them not being able to fold up, or for them to have separate rock forms as one of their accessories.

It would be ludicrous if they didn't use this design.
    Amazing work as usual mate!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Movie mayhem!
    I can't stop looking at these two. I really worry though that they might just be too expensive, that is a lot of new parts. Maybe if they did them as an SDCC exclusive 2 pack though?

Spectacular!!

I wonder if they could recover some of the costs if they made more rock people. The green rock guy from the Slime Pit mini comic could reuse the same rock shell as either Stonedar or Rokkon for example. Also the red rock lady there could reuse parts of Granita and Facet. I mean how many Snake Men are there? A whole faction devoted to the Rock guys could work. I don't know, maybe retcon Vokkan from the Filmation Stone City into a Rock person, but without the shells he'll look just like he did in the episode?

There are loads of options for Rock People names but wouldn't the idea of a rock person get kinda stale quickly? Unless you start doing weird and wonderful rock attachments...

Moltar
    Bouldar
    Magma
    Volcan/ Volcar
    Stalag-Might
    Crator
    They could even do precious stone versions, emeralds, rubies etc

I could go on and on...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Emiliano "King in Exile" Santalucia does it again! Awesome and beautiful work mi ami!
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Truly amazing! I've liked all your designs and they are spot on how they could/should be done. Rokkon and Stonedar are exceptionally creative and smart.

An uncountable amount of thumbs up from me Emil! You never fail to impress!
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

Heroic Warrior
    "King in Exile"!!! I like it,
    The rock designs for these guys are perfect, love em, hope Matty can compare!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Great work Emiliano - hope the 4HM have seem this!

Can we see how Granita would look?

Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Utterly amazing Emiliano! I think this would be a fantastic solution to the rock form dilemma with these guys. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses31 View Post
    Can we see how Granita would look?
    The problem with Granita is that with the current female bodies it's impossible to achive the same transformation that is possible with the male buck.
    Legs and torso articuatlions just don't allow that.
    Granita would need a completely re-engineered body, or a completely different solution.
    But, as you may have noticed, I like this kind of challenges, so I'll be thinking about her

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Love the designs. Very creative and innovative concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The problem with Granita is that with the current female bodies it's impossible to achive the same transformation that is possible with the male buck.
    Legs and torso articuatlions just don't allow that.
    Granita would need a completely re-engineered body, or a completely different solution.
    But, as you may have noticed, I like this kind of challenges, so I'll be thinking about her
    AWESOME! Mattel could also use the new female parts used on Granita for a Jewelstar, toy version in red that can fold. That would be glorious!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    AWESOME! Mattel could also use the new female parts used on Granita for a Jewelstar, toy version in red that can fold. That would be glorious!
    I always wanted to tell you guys, but I was never brave enough. Not it's the time:
    Jewelstar was NOT red! She was pink, very saturated, almost fucsia, but still pink, not red! Don't be fooled by those old photos. You can tell all the magenta/red colors were overly saturated in those.

Fantastic! I especially like the general figure and the removeable rock plates. It opens up a lot for posing and play value (and customization). I'm not sure I'm totally with the transformation, though. On one hand, it's probably the best way to do it, but on the other hand, I just don't see it working great with these bodies. Most would probably end up skipping the ability, or clipping the empty rock parts together without the figure inside. I totally don't mind them not transforming, honestly. Still, like I said, I don't see any other way to do it without compromising articulation, so if they REALLY wanted to do it, I stand by your option.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Emiliano, you continue to impress me with your awesomeness! Those look fantastic! Unfortunately, Mattel would screw it up like they did with the Sorceress. It's really a shame that Mattel is too stupid to hire you to work on this line. Have you and the 4H ever talked about them hiring you on to be a MotUC consultant for them? Anyway, those designs are perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    Emiliano, you continue to impress me with your awesomeness! Those look fantastic! Unfortunately, Mattel would screw it up like they did with the Sorceress. It's really a shame that Mattel is too stupid to hire you to work on this line. Have you and the 4H ever talked about them hiring you on to be a MotUC consultant for them? Anyway, those designs are perfect!
    The 4H have been prohibited to work with me by Mattel (but thankfully we're still great friends)
    Mattel doesn't want me to get near MOTU in any way, to the point it seems to be hindering other jobs I may have got with other MOTU licensors.

Heroic Warrior
    The 4H have been prohibited to work with me by Mattel (but thankfully we're still great friends)
    Mattel doesn't want me to get near MOTU in any way, to the point it seems to be hindering other jobs I may have got with other MOTU licensors.
    Well, that's a real shame. It's stuff like this that makes me want to stop dealing with Mattel. If the franchise wasn't so great, I would never deal with them again. Heck, when this line ends or when I get frustrated enough, I will probably never buy another product from them. If Mattel would have wanted MotU to be a huge success again, the first thing they should have done is gone to you and Val and James Eatock (among others) and hired you as at least consultants.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I always wanted to tell you guys, but I was never brave enough. Not it's the time:
    Jewelstar was NOT red! She was pink, very saturated, almost fucsia, but still pink, not red! Don't be fooled by those old photos. You can tell all the magenta/red colors were overly saturated in those.
    Oh, well I knew it was still a pink, but a very deep pink. It's just, Mattel keeps changing the colours on the figures, so red is a colour that is understood.

I think this is what her colouring probably looked like in person:

I only knew this after seeing your new, scanned pic though. The one we saw for all these years by CATONE82 looks red.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wow! Another MOTUC Visions added to the index!

That's so awesome! The Rock people can not only transform, but they can be changed from Filmation versions to vintage!

Aaaand Emiliano isn't working for Mattel because that would make too much sense.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

LOVE these!!! The rock warriors were some of my favorite figures from my youth. I've been terrified that Matty would cheap out and screw these two guys up. Now there is no excuse. Charge a little more, withhold a weapon or three from another figure. These two guys have to be made correctly and now Mattel has no excuse. Emiliano's designs are perfect!