Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Visions: Rock People!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    this i really like. i'm all for removable armor & fold-able rock pose.
    this is the direction i hope the 4h would do them. or give a suggestion to matty.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    There are loads of options for Rock People names but wouldn't the idea of a rock person get kinda stale quickly? Unless you start doing weird and wonderful rock attachments...

Moltar
    Bouldar
    Magma
    Volcan/ Volcar
    Stalag-Might
    Crator
    They could even do precious stone versions, emeralds, rubies etc

I could go on and on...
    You mean like this?

gr_by_Patreek.jpg

Had to go back like 4 years here on the .org to find the thread I had created for these guys.

I really need to go back and redraw/design these guys/gals... they are look a little sloppy haha

I was kind of addicted to creating these for awhile...I think I created like 50 comet warriors, including all the metals, and gems. Steel-Ore, Bull-dar, Goldon, Silver Streak, Braun-zor, Lavra, Magmight, Volcainus, StalacTight, StalagMight etc

Well how about that!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    Well, that's a real shame. It's stuff like this that makes me want to stop dealing with Mattel. If the franchise wasn't so great, I would never deal with them again. Heck, when this line ends or when I get frustrated enough, I will probably never buy another product from them. If Mattel would have wanted MotU to be a huge success again, the first thing they should have done is gone to you and Val and James Eatock (among others) and hired you as at least consultants.
    Ditto. Emiliano lives and loves the line. I hope that it is some consolation to him that, in many true fans' hearts - he sits in the same MOTU pantheo as Lou Scheimer, Mark Taylor and Ted Mayer, among others, as the fan who kept MOTU's flame burning brightest.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Nicely designed figures, but I think to transform them into a mass produced action figure on a certain budget they would loose a lot of the awesomeness that these drawings have. Nonetheless very very creative.

I agree that I would like to see all of the MOTUC visions in a group shot. Please Emiliano make this happen.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, these designs are absolutely incredible!! Nice work!!

Pure genius. Well thought out again.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The problem with Granita is that with the current female bodies it's impossible to achive the same transformation that is possible with the male buck.
    Legs and torso articuatlions just don't allow that.
    Granita would need a completely re-engineered body, or a completely different solution.
    But, as you may have noticed, I like this kind of challenges, so I'll be thinking about her
    A Granita vision? That would be great! I love how you're handling such challenges! I hope that the 3 main rock people make it in MOTUC at some point.... I've never understood why this "mini-faction" is so underrated ! I also liked the fact that the Rock People would flesh up the Etherian Great Rebellion!

I always wanted to tell you guys, but I was never brave enough. Not it's the time:
    Jewelstar was NOT red! She was pink, very saturated, almost fucsia, but still pink, not red! Don't be fooled by those old photos. You can tell all the magenta/red colors were overly saturated in those.
    I actually always knew that the colors were somewhat saturated in the photographs (in the shot with Tallstar extended you can see that the edges of her hair are lighter), but I don't think it really matters because those are the colors a lot of folks fell in love with. Reddish hair on Tallstar makes sense because of the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh, well I knew it was still a pink, but a very deep pink. It's just, Mattel keeps changing the colours on the figures, so red is a colour that is understood.

I think this is what her colouring probably looked like in person::
    If we had that Jewelstar prototype in-hand, I think she would look like a light translucent red in natural light, or when put up against a lamp, but a more saturated red in normal lighting. Crystal Sundancer, which is sort of like a dark pink wine cooler, sometimes gives the impression of being a translucent reddish color in the legs when looking at him in an indoor setting. (not with a light shining on him).

I think it's fine that many folks think of Jewelstar as being the saturated color in the American catalog. That's what has become iconic over the years and the immediate impression is when looking at the catalog and also comparing her to the other prototype.

It's a bit worrisome that Emiliano stated his views in a way that makes it seem folks are wrong for thinking of her in that way. In the off-chance the 4H ever revisit the Star Sisters, I hope this isn't the advice that's passed along.

It shouldn't be a big deal if adjustments are not made for lighting conditions and saturation levels in a photograph. As Alessandra pointed out in one thread, the source material for Shadow Weaver (Filmation cels) make her appear lighter than what is shown on-screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    It's a bit worrisome that Emiliano stated his views in a way that makes it seem folks are wrong for thinking of her in that way. In the off-chance the 4H ever revisit the Star Sisters, I hope this isn't the advice that's passed along.
    Worrisome? C'mon now Jim....
    I only said she was pink/magenta, not red, I don't see anything to worry about.

The problem with Granita is that with the current female bodies it's impossible to achive the same transformation that is possible with the male buck.
    Legs and torso articuatlions just don't allow that.
    Granita would need a completely re-engineered body, or a completely different solution.
    But, as you may have noticed, I like this kind of challenges, so I'll be thinking about her
    Thanks for the reply hope you can find a way
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Emiliano - you've outdone yourself. I love the concept as well as your designs. I've never liked the comet warriors - but I'd add these two to my collection in a heartbeat!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    That is awesomely original! That's exactly how the Rock People need to get made. I hope Matty is watching this and give credit where credit is due.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Worrisome? C'mon now Jim....
    I only said she was pink/magenta, not red, I don't see anything to worry about.
    Why should I think otherwise?

I hope we see ROkkon and Stonedar at NYTF. and I REALLY hope the horsemen found a way to make them tranform AND that mattel didn't nix the idea and then blame the horsemen for their vision.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Wow, that is some truly great artwork, verry well worked out.
    Maybe some extra rock parts to alter them for the fiddly collector, ore a combine part to make one big boulder. But that is just adding stuff on a excellent concept.
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!

I LOVE the Rock People....I can't wait til they hopefully get made some day!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Emiliano you are very talented. I love all of your Motuc visions. I really hope that they include Granita when they get around to these guys, I just think they are cooler as a trio. They probably won't due to costs.

Wow! Great designs Emiliano! I would be only too happy if the Rock People came out like this. Its everything I could want out of those designs.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Your just rocked my world!

...get it? Rocked my world? *nudges with elbow* Eh? Eh?

Excellent MOTUC compatible ideas and design!
    You must've been "stoned" when you made that joke. j/k

On a side note, great pics.
    Does Galactus fart?

OMG!!! I WANT THOSE!!! I [REALLY] hope that mattel spots this... SOMEONE PLEASE SPOT THIS!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Just now seeing this.

Interest concept.

Emiliano do you think that body could be used for Colonel Blast and Rio Blast? You know, guns/lasers instead of rock pieces.

Those designs look great, Emiliano! I had accepted that any Rock People coming in MOTUC would be non-transformable, but your concept is awesome!

I appreciate the "sediment" !

Movie mayhem!
    Oh! See what he did there?

looks slick. mattel could learn from orgers like u instead of the people they are talking to right now.