Thread: General Sword Art Online (SAO Project) Thread

General Sword Art Online (SAO Project) Thread

Hi! Any fans out there? Series, manga, CCG, toys, statues, video games & all other products. Do you collect? What do you have? Planing on getting the US PS Vita download in July? Season 2 hopes? Talk about it here!
    I'll be getting a Vita in August. Can't wait to play it! I just picked these 2 up also to start my collection. Trying to limit it to just Asuna for space reasons. I'm sure that plan will not last. How do I say no to Silica? I might make another order later today lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IT'S BEEN A LONG CRAZY RIDE SINCE 2008!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I actually just finished watching this anime recently. I enjoyed it, but it certainly had its flaws in my eyes.

I really wish they would have just stayed in SAO and fleshed it out more instead of splitting time with Alfheim. Nothing about Alfheim was particularly interesting and everything-the world, the races, the politics, the significance of flying, the mechanics of the game, and even the POINT of the game- was vastly underdeveloped. And of course, the actual main plot during that time was less than compelling as well. They took one of the few characters they had developed (Asuna) and completely sidelined her for the whole second half. Suguha was interesting enough as an individual character, but her dynamic with Kirito was more "....this is weird..." than "this is interesting".

And then, of course, there was also the fact that Kirito was all God-Mode, all the time. It was bad enough at various points when it seemed somewhat plausible in terms of the mechanics of the game, but later on they were just like "F--- it! He can solo raid bosses now!" and "yes, he's only been playing this game for like 2 days now, but he can already duel and defeat the game's best player!" Um, what?

Sword2Blanket, I've heard that some of the plot points of the light novels were rushed through in the anime. Now that the light novels have been translated, I've been planning to give them a shot. I'm curious to see the differences.

Nice Asuna merch, EL DOOR. Go get Silica! =)
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

Agree with your spoiler tag Sword2Blanket. (Love your username) I'm trying to figure out how to do it so I can comment. lol

Alfhiem-What a turnaround from the first arc. There was no sense of urgency like the beginning. You die and you are still alive. God Kirito played into that more like you said, beating the top player 2 days in. They literally caged Asuna and made her basically a quest item needing to be rescued and obtained. I did actually like Leafa falling for Kirito in game since they didn't know who was behind the avatar. Out of game was it was weird.

Light, I'm with you on the novels. I heard the same about being rushed for the show and missing some development. The first arc needed to be 25 episodes IMO. I plan on picking them up ASAP, I think Amazon has/had the first 2 up for pre-order. As for Silica my will power held for today, only because of funds. Hehe. Now I have to hold on until next Thursday.
    Last edited by EL DOOR; June 18, 2014 at 08:54pm.
    IT'S BEEN A LONG CRAZY RIDE SINCE 2008!