Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return of Marvel Legends

Hybrid View

Return of Marvel Legends

Finally found them, but only 3. They had a large number of pegs that I missed apparently. Left a lone Iron Man on the pegs.

Iron Man is small, but feels just right based on the design. I love him. Yeah the articulation isn't there to punch the ground, but why would he do that?

Thor is just a repaint from SDCC if you got him. So nothing new for me. I do love the regular paint job.

Hope I'm actually not familiar with at all, other than being Cable's daughter? Great looking face.

Damn, the picture with Iron Man and Thor shows how horribly out of scale he is.

Well they're both out of scale really. Thor is too huge and IM is small, but I still like both. More pics of Iron Man.

It looks like they just took the MU Iron Man and made it bigger, and that is not a good thing.

I am sorry, but I don't like the look. Good pictures though

DC Classics are still superior to Marvel Legends IMO

I really liked the old ones though but they got really inferior when Toybiz (?) stopped doing them...
    Last edited by oICEMANo; January 30, 2012 at 05:28am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I'm a big Marvel fan have all the 'old' Marvel Legends (except the Hasbro twin packs I could never get hold of) and really want these, but the cost of them is putting me off. For me to buy, it's almost the same for a ML as it is a MOTUC and ML pale in comparison.

Anyone enjoying the 2012 relaunch/return of Marvel Legends ?

In my opinion,still not better than ToyBiz . But much better than when Hasbro first took over with their first wave after they acquired the line from Toybiz.

The head articulation on some figures is reminiscent of the Toybiz style.With up and down and side to side head movement.

What I miss the most from Toybiz's style is articulated fingers.

Several Toybiz Marvel Legends had articulated fingers . Compared to NO Hasbro Marvel Legends with no articulated fingers.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

Oh, heck yes. I'm loving the relaunch.

And, really, for figures that have things to hold, I prefer sculpted hands to articulated fingers.

pics? I'm not a fan of the ML sculpts overall, but some weren't bad. are the sculpts better looking?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Nope, just way too pricey. I didn't like DCU being at $15, ML being at $17 is ridiculous and where I draw the line.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    pics? I'm not a fan of the ML sculpts overall, but some weren't bad. are the sculpts better looking?
    Here's the existing thread about the Marvel Legends re-launch, with pictures:
    www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?220214-Return-of-Marvel-Legends

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Nope, just way too pricey. I didn't like DCU being at $15, ML being at $17 is ridiculous and where I draw the line.
    I definitely wouldn't suggest buying them at TRU for $17-18. But $15 at retail for a 6" figure is something I can stomach (since I'm a cherry picker for ML).

It sounds like Target is about to stock them, if your local store hasn't already:
    http://www.toyark.com/marvel-legends...t-dcpis-87714/
    I'd guess they'll be $15 at Target, since TRU is usually a couple of bucks more expensive. Plus, that would put them right at the same price as DCUC & Batman Legacy.

Found all of series 2 this morning, but only the running changes variant cases. Not collecting the entire wave, so I still need masked Daken and Thunderball.

Crazy how these two series were released back to back.

Piledriver

Unmasked Daken

Fantomex

Future Foundation Spiderman

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    I ordered Thor last week and he arrived yesterday.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...Other/Thor.jpg

Such an awesome figure. And he's HUGE. I love it.
    I especially like the look of Mjolnir. The paint apps on it are great. Really looks like weathered metal.

And speaking of paint apps... Did anyone notice Hasbro assembled the figure wrong? The chain mail has a blueish tint to it. Looking at photos online the SDCC version's chain mail is more a darker silver. Hasbro accidentally switched the limbs between the two versions. The regular Thor's arms and legs should be on the SDCC Thor and vice versa.

Not that I mind, though. I love the bluish tint on the chain mail.

The figure's only downside, I feel, would be the hips. The joints connecting the legs to the hip are pretty thin, so I'm a bit nervous they will break if I pose the legs too much.
    It's not assembled incorrectly. It's purposely like that to make the figure pop on in contrast.
    Last edited by SCB; February 29, 2012 at 12:27am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Found all of series 2 this morning, but only the running changes variant cases. Not collecting the entire wave, so I still need masked Daken and Thunderball.

Crazy how these two series were released back to back.
    I guess you forgot about ML wave 8, 9, and 10 all being released within 5 weeks.

People always seem to praise the Toy Biz ML waves like they were a gift from god, but despite making great figures, Toy Biz did have it's fair share of screw ups.

Wave 2 would be a complete pass for me if it wasn't for Zola, Viper, and the Wrecking Crew. I seriously didn't even know who Fantomex was until I googled him and I don't care what outfit you throw on him, Bucky still sucks. What's up with Spidey? He's got more outfits than Stark has armors now.

It's not assembled incorrectly. It's purposely like that to make the figure pop on in contrast.
    Makes sense. And it definitely works. It really does make the figure pop.
    What do you think of Thor's hip joints? Do you think they'd be liable to break? They look really thin to me.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    I want to get my hands on all the Cap figures, and Superior Spider-Man, and Toxin from the Amazing Spider-Man 2 series.

I'm also waiting on the Flash Thompson Agent Venom figure as well. I've seen pics of the prototype. Looks Awesome! Recently got the "Kaine" Scarlet Spider figure as well. That figure was done very, very well.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Well thanks to the reports in this thread, I decided to stop by TRU on my way out shopping and found the Cap wave!

Scott is right. The praise these wave are receiving are well deserved. These are IMO the best ML figures we've seen since Hasbro took over. I REALLY hope these sell well and the line continues. I know Hasbro said that sales on these "Movie Waves" would determine how the line continues going forward.

I couldn't believe it! TRU had everybody except the Red Skull which was fine with me since I didn't want him anyways. That trenchcoat body is horrible and Hasbro really needs to retire it. I'm glad I found these. I passed on the WWII Cap since I already had him from the Cap Am. Walmart Wave.

TRU also got in the Spider-Man figures but they were picked pretty good. They only had the ASM2 Spidey and the Beetle. I picked up the Beetle and left Spidey. I gotta say I LOVE THE BEETLE. He's one of my favorite ML figures I've bought in years. I'm not even familliar with this version of him but the figure is just that dang good.

Does anybody know if Hasbro is putting out the variants from the Spidey wave? Boomerang, Spider-Girl and Toxin(?)? I thought they were canceled but still showed up on the package, much to my surprise.

I came across Spider-man and Carnage at a Target. First half decent Spider-man figures I've seen at retail in who knows how many years.

I didn't pick them up, though. I'm busy with other lines.

The Spidey variants are being sold by Chinese eBay sellers right now, so I imagine they're in production and will be released.

The Spidey variants are being sold by Chinese eBay sellers right now, so I imagine they're in production and will be released.
    Cool. I REALLY want that Boomerang. Now if Hasbro would do a Speed Demon I could have a complete Sinister Syndicate. Granted they're not in their correct uniforms, but I'd still love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot:3397993
    New Original X-Men boxed set for TRU. No interest in these for me.
    These are right up my alley! I was just thinking how it would be great if we could get a set of the original X-Men.

However, $140 is a might steep. I was okay with $120, but $140 might be too much for me. I'll have to wait and see them in stores.
    Same for me, I have the first Original X - Men box set that I purchased back in 98 I believe. I really look forward to getting this set.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Went to TRU last night and found one lone figure: Black Cat.

She's got to be one, if not THE, most sought after figure from the 2 new waves and there she was just sitting there on the peg. Somebody actually bought all the other figures in the wave and left her. skconf:

The ironic part is that my Spidey set from BBTS is set to arrive early next week. Oh well. At least I'll have 2 different Cats to pick between which one I keep.

Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    Same for me, I have the first Original X - Men box set that I purchased back in 98 I believe. I really look forward to getting this set.
    I really want to like this set but IMO the figures look bad.

They're just not Kirby-ish for me.

Picked up Beetle and Electro. Even the two least desirable figures in this series are awesome.

Beetle is just armored candy goodness.

Electro is exactly how he should look like for a modern look over the star fish spandex. Don't see a lot of Jamie Foxx in the head sculpts, so I think this works as a comic based figure. Really cool.

I wish they would release more random characters from older comic series... I would love a Generation X team in 6 inch plastic goodness!
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Picked up Beetle and Electro. Even the two least desirable figures in this series are awesome.

Beetle is just armored candy goodness.

Electro is exactly how he should look like for a modern look over the star fish spandex. Don't see a lot of Jamie Foxx in the head sculpts, so I think this works as a comic based figure. Really cool.
    Agreed about Beetle. I nabbed him and Superior Spidey (I must be one of his only fans in the world), and both are really great. Superior Spidey is so articulated, but really looks great in any pose. Beetle just looks incredible, though. I ended up really loving his figure way more than I expected.

Now just the Amazing Spidey and Electro and I can finish GG.
    Last edited by Galmorzu; February 3, 2014 at 01:14am.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

I'm starting to crack on Spidey (which wouldn't be a good thing). I couldn't get a whole lot of poses out of the crappy Walmart exclusive. He had useless thigh joints....