Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of Marvel Legends

Return of Marvel Legends

Finally found them, but only 3. They had a large number of pegs that I missed apparently. Left a lone Iron Man on the pegs.

Iron Man is small, but feels just right based on the design. I love him. Yeah the articulation isn't there to punch the ground, but why would he do that?

Thor is just a repaint from SDCC if you got him. So nothing new for me. I do love the regular paint job.

Hope I'm actually not familiar with at all, other than being Cable's daughter? Great looking face.

Damn, the picture with Iron Man and Thor shows how horribly out of scale he is.

Well they're both out of scale really. Thor is too huge and IM is small, but I still like both. More pics of Iron Man.

It looks like they just took the MU Iron Man and made it bigger, and that is not a good thing.

I am sorry, but I don't like the look. Good pictures though

DC Classics are still superior to Marvel Legends IMO

I really liked the old ones though but they got really inferior when Toybiz (?) stopped doing them...
    Last edited by oICEMANo; January 30, 2012 at 06:28am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I'm a big Marvel fan have all the 'old' Marvel Legends (except the Hasbro twin packs I could never get hold of) and really want these, but the cost of them is putting me off. For me to buy, it's almost the same for a ML as it is a MOTUC and ML pale in comparison.

Oh my, oh my, I must get Hope for my collection - thanks for the pics, SCB!

Hope is not Cables biological daughter, but Cable has been the only parent she has had. She's the first mutant to be born after the M-day and Cable took her to the future to protect her from all the fanatics (inc. Bishop)
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Well I think I've gotten used to DCUC since ML has kind of been absent in 6 inch for however long. They have a better superhero body. I mean I'd love a DCUC Captain America to match Deathstroke. But it'd be really interesting how they'd tackle this new Extremis Iron Man who would have to be 100% tooled.

where can these be found? i heard they would be walmart exclusive, then i heard they weren't exclusive. i have to buy all of them because i want that baf.

Iron Man looks good but I'm disappointed in the finish. I got out of Marvel Legends and I don't plan on going back. It's too expensive and now I'm too into Marvel Universe, which works out better for me anyway space-wise. But these do look good.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I can't decide if I'm going to give these new ML figures a shot or not. I was a diehard ML collector back in the Toy Biz days. I started with the awesome Spider-Man Classics, and then went right into ML when it started and bought them religiously almost all the way through, until Hasbro took over. I hated the first few Hasbro waves and lost complete interest. Eventually, I sold almost every one of my ML figures. All I have left are the main X-Men characters and a few of the Spider-Man and Avangers characters. But most of them are long gone now.

So I'm just not sure I want to get back into it. Especially since I can't really decide how I feel about these new figures. I guess I need to see them in hand. I don't like the crazy scale difference between Thor and Iron Man there. And not real sure I like that Thor head sculpt. I guess I'll wait until I find these in the store to decide if I'm going to buy them or not.

Thanks for all of the pictures, SCB!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I never got one of the Thor's from the original line, or I don't recall getting one (my display area right now doesn't let me display my ML figures they packaging is about an inch too tall). So I will probably pick up Thor, but I don't know if I will really get anything else.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    where can these be found? i heard they would be walmart exclusive, then i heard they weren't exclusive. i have to buy all of them because i want that baf.
    Only Toys R Us right now.

Went and looked at what is supposed to be out etc found this link
    http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?c...3&itemid=14512

Thor is the only one I plan on getting and I would have gotten that Emma Frost if that is what came out, my question is what went wrong? I mean the body pretty much stayed the same, but the head that we got was just bad.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

These look really sharp, unfortunately I won't be able to afford another line to collect. Might just buy Hope if I find her.

I'm only getting this entire wave because of the Terrax BAF. Series 2 I'll only get a couple since I don't care for Arnim Zola.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'm only getting this entire wave because of the Terrax BAF. Series 2 I'll only get a couple since I don't care for Arnim Zola.
    i have to get all of them. i don't know if i'll get all variants though.

The variants are really annoying.

This wave has an orange Ghostrider, but only overseas for now. There are two different Steve Rogers, but the main difference is that one of them has the proton shield.

Series 2 will have a masked and unmasked Daken. Plus two different Madames, and a running change of two difference Wrecking Crew members.

The variants are really annoying.

This wave has an orange Ghostrider, but only overseas for now. There are two different Steve Rogers, but the main difference is that one of them has the proton shield.

Series 2 will have a masked and unmasked Daken. Plus two different Madames, and a running change of two difference Wrecking Crew members.
    i believe there's a stealth iron man too. i don't know that i need ANOTHER stealth iron man. i don't need a proton shield or orange ghostrider (hell, i don't even know that i need another ghost rider, but i want terrax).

Heh, I'm the opposite! Might get wave 2 just for Zola, but not super fond of Terrax.

I don't care for em.' They look SUPER cheap in comparison to DC Universe IMO.

I don't know what it is, but Hasbro can never seem to get it together when doing a 6" line while Mattel can never seem to do a 3, 3/4 line right.

Really enjoying the Iron Man

Thor is enormous

i think hasbro has done pretty good with the 6" figs. there are some crappy ones, but over all, the hasbro MLs are good to great. the red hulk wave was pretty spectacular.

These are far superior to the ones from their original offerings. The Emma Frost wave was horrible. They started to get much better with the Rulk and Ares waves before they stopped making them. The two packs with Deadpool, Warpath, Widow, and Winter Soldier were really good.

These are far superior to the ones from their original offerings. The Emma Frost wave was horrible. They started to get much better with the Rulk and Ares waves before they stopped making them. The two packs with Deadpool, Warpath, Widow, and Winter Soldier were really good.
    actually, that wave wasn't all bad. emma was horrible. banshee and movie beast were just there. banshee's face sculpt i just didn't like because of the screaming, but that's how his power worked. beast was a good representation of movie beast (except he was difficult to stand because his feet weren't flat), but i just don't care about movie beast. herc and ult iron man were good. planet hulk was awesome. and of course annihilus is really good.

the blob wave was much the same with blob (baf) being awesome. she-hulk and asgard thor being really good. quicksilver, yellow jacket, and xorn being good. and the movie figs being bad (in part because the costumes sucked and in part bad face sculpts).

FF wave stepped it up a bit. the SS was better than toybiz's. dr doom was awesome (again better than toybiz's). mole man, mr fantastic and thing were good to really good. namor and invisible woman had issues. human torch was quite lame.

the brood wave was pretty good, but a step back from the FF wave. the brood queen was great. as were the hydra soldiers. cyke was better than toybiz's and was really good. danger, black knight, and marvel girl were pretty damn good too. bucky and cap were bleh. and movie collossus was just there (again for the same reasons as above).

i won't go into that spiderman sandman series. bleh.

FFF and Rulk waves were grand slams.

Ares was really awesome. Heroes Reborn Iron Man was a let down and see above for Ultimate War Machine (just a repaint, but no helmet removal). kang was a straight toybiz re-release. crossbones, both human torches, and vision (better than toybiz) were awesome. guardian was almost there. if only they had used the shiny paint they debuted him with. not quite scarlet spider was good except for his fist (too small).

nemesis was a step way back tho. i mean, punishers were great, but beast and black bolt were just OK. tigra was pretty cool, but nova just didnt' to it for me. i liked the red DD, but i didn't care for the other one. but that's just personal preference on costumes because others liked that fig.

the sdcc stan lee and she-hulk figs are brilliant.

i agree with scb about the two packs. those were mostly awesomeness. the only thing that sticks out is invisible woman's big hand, but the rest of that fig is pure coolness.