Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of Marvel Legends

The biggest problem for me in most of those figures were the paint. They were so bland, looked more like children's toys, especially the bland flesh tones.

Check out Lord Thor that was advertised vs. what we got.

i guess i can agree with that to an extent, but if you compare MLs with, say, the current spider man figures, you can really see what they think a kids toy looks like. those spiderman figs (today) are turribull.

i just don't see how anyone can compare them to dcuc and say dcuc is WAY better. i think they are about the same. ML does some things better than dcuc and vice versa. and per figure, ratings wise, it's probably about the same.

Design wise DCUC is more consistent, Marvel Legends seemed to be designed by three different teams. I haven't really opened figures from either line to say anything outside of that. I think I have opened a Zatanna and Marvel Girl (Rachel) and that's it.
    Last edited by wyldman11; January 30, 2012 at 08:00pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Instead of making another 10,000 versions of Iron Man how about finally making a Marvel legends Jubilee?!?

And yes I want her in this classic outfit. Pink t-shirt, shorts, yellow trench coat.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Found another punching bag for Iron Man

[
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'm only getting this entire wave because of the Terrax BAF. Series 2 I'll only get a couple since I don't care for Arnim Zola.
    I LOVE Terrax but that Arnim Zola is just awesomeness.

I'm an old school Cap fan who grew up reading all of the Mark Gruenwald Cap run. I can't wait to get Arnim. It's like a dream come true. Now if I could get figures of the rest of the Skeleton Crew I'd die a happy man.

The variants are really annoying.

This wave has an orange Ghostrider, but only overseas for now. There are two different Steve Rogers, but the main difference is that one of them has the proton shield.

Series 2 will have a masked and unmasked Daken. Plus two different Madames, and a running change of two difference Wrecking Crew members.
    Yeah, no kidding. Hasbro's stupid variants are going to kill this line ...again. For all the flak that Mattel gets, Hasbro sure has "one upped" them here in the "kick your fans in the balls" department.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Design wise DCUC is more consistent, Marvel Legends seemed to be designed by three different teams. I haven't really almost figures from either line to say anything outside of that. I think I have opened a Zatanna and Marvel Girl (Rachel) and that's it.
    The best thing DCUC and for that matter MOTUC has going for it is that both lines are all done by the same sculptors, the 4H. It makes the lines seem so uniform. ML has always suffered from the fact that some figures just don't look like they're from the same line.

I can't say no to Zola.

I was an ML collector for a long time; I suspect I'll be one again. The price for these hurts a little ($18 at TRU, but apparently they'll be $15 at Target), but I suppose that's the way of the world. I'm definitely planning to pick up at least a couple from wave 1, but I don't know if I'll go for all of them.

If you want to see some more pics, Waiting has the wave (with no variants yet) at ML.net:

http://marvellegends.net/Line/Marvel...lLegends01.htm

the Iron Man legends were $18 at TRU at first and then came down to $15. I'm going to wait it out...

...till cyber monday.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I saw these at a TRU on Saturday. I was thinking about picking Thor up, but for $18, Hasbro can keep them.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    The best thing DCUC and for that matter MOTUC has going for it is that both lines are all done by the same sculptors, the 4H. It makes the lines seem so uniform. ML has always suffered from the fact that some figures just don't look like they're from the same line.
    That was one of the things I was most thankful for the DCUC line. Marvel Legends though from the onset had waves that were more themed especially when they started their build a figures with only one or two figures unrelated to theme or stretching the theme. It typically made collecting for the BAF easier. DCUC went that way and got flack more because it was a shift, if they had started that way it probably would have been better received.

Both have had figures with bad paint applications, figures whose joints didn't work right. The ball joint hips on Marvel Legends is a bit of an eyesore but does allow for a bit more range of motion that then doesn't look anymore awkward then it already is.
    Last edited by wyldman11; January 31, 2012 at 12:43pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Wow series 2 is also coming out.

Last edited by SCB; February 7, 2012 at 03:38pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Finally saw that Iron Man the other day (the Stealth variant, anyway) and I don't think I can get back into the 6 inch relm. I've been slowly getting rid of my Marvel Legends and replacing them with the Universe figures, and I think I'm happy with that. Switching scales again would just take up too much space and cash (which is already being taken up by so many other figures...). Still, I can appreciate a good looking toy! It is taking some major restraint to stay way from these. Fantastic sculpts.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I don't want to start collecting these on a large scale. Between MOTUC and soon TMNT Classics I have enough on my plate.
    The Thor figure is tempting, though. I'll probably pick him up, when I have spare cash.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

The biggest problem for me in most of those figures were the paint. They were so bland, looked more like children's toys, especially the bland flesh tones.

Check out Lord Thor that was advertised vs. what we got.

http://thefwoosh.com/pics/d/7295-2/DSC06638.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../tbvshThor.jpg
    i was thinking about this a little more. and not that "they do it too" is a defense, when you compare MLs to other lines, they do the same thing. the promo's ALWAYS look better than the finished, made for profit, product.

Wave 3 teaser. U.S. Agent and Blade.

Last edited by SCB; February 11, 2012 at 06:26pm.

Hasbro sure loves reusing that Punisher body and jacket.

Finally finished series 1

Terrax is awesome. He's bigger than I thought he'd be, a little taller than Thor.

Steve really is very tall, but he's the same size as an athletic man in DCUC, so it's perfect for me. The guns and shield look really good and I think the head looks really good in person.

Lastly, Ghost Rider is awesome. Love the blue.

I'm sorry but Marvel Select is my Drug of Choice.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm torn. I'm a big fan of Marvel comics & want very much to have figures. I have been disappointing with the marvel legends line. now I've started the Marvel Universe line 3inch figures. i'm not that impressed with some of the details. some i feel are a hit or a miss. I like that there are vintage custom variants of some of the characters. that has got me seriously interested. I worry though that this line may not last or something better could come along.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I picked up Constrictor and Klaw over the weekend and I'm very happy with both of them. Two classic villains that I've wanted for years. I'm quite surprised that with both characters being released in the MU line that Hasbro decided to "double dip" and release them in ML.

wow. iron man look tiny.

Anyone enjoying the 2012 relaunch/return of Marvel Legends ?

In my opinion,still not better than ToyBiz . But much better than when Hasbro first took over with their first wave after they acquired the line from Toybiz.

The head articulation on some figures is reminiscent of the Toybiz style.With up and down and side to side head movement.

What I miss the most from Toybiz's style is articulated fingers.

Several Toybiz Marvel Legends had articulated fingers . Compared to NO Hasbro Marvel Legends with no articulated fingers.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

Oh, heck yes. I'm loving the relaunch.

And, really, for figures that have things to hold, I prefer sculpted hands to articulated fingers.

pics? I'm not a fan of the ML sculpts overall, but some weren't bad. are the sculpts better looking?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure