Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of Marvel Legends

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Nope, just way too pricey. I didn't like DCU being at $15, ML being at $17 is ridiculous and where I draw the line.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    pics? I'm not a fan of the ML sculpts overall, but some weren't bad. are the sculpts better looking?
    Here's the existing thread about the Marvel Legends re-launch, with pictures:
    www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?220214-Return-of-Marvel-Legends

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Nope, just way too pricey. I didn't like DCU being at $15, ML being at $17 is ridiculous and where I draw the line.
    I definitely wouldn't suggest buying them at TRU for $17-18. But $15 at retail for a 6" figure is something I can stomach (since I'm a cherry picker for ML).

It sounds like Target is about to stock them, if your local store hasn't already:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...dcpis-87714%2F
    I'd guess they'll be $15 at Target, since TRU is usually a couple of bucks more expensive. Plus, that would put them right at the same price as DCUC & Batman Legacy.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I did some thread merging
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Here's the existing thread about the Marvel Legends re-launch, with pictures:
    www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?220214-Return-of-Marvel-Legends

I definitely wouldn't suggest buying them at TRU for $17-18. But $15 at retail for a 6" figure is something I can stomach (since I'm a cherry picker for ML).

It sounds like Target is about to stock them, if your local store hasn't already:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...dcpis-87714%2F
    I'd guess they'll be $15 at Target, since TRU is usually a couple of bucks more expensive. Plus, that would put them right at the same price as DCUC & Batman Legacy.
    yeah, when target got the Iron Man 2 6" figs, they priced them at $15 where as TRU was pricing them at $18 (and now finally $15).

I was head over heels in Marvel Legends from 2002 to 2006. I haven't sold my old ones and probably won't even if I do get into into these. I saw the whole wave at TRU a week or so ago and they do look pretty good. I belive the bigger the better so I love Thor. He is huge. I can't wait to see Hulk. That Steve Rogers Super Soldier may be the first I pick up. I love that look.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I ordered Thor last week and he arrived yesterday.

Such an awesome figure. And he's HUGE. I love it.
    I especially like the look of Mjolnir. The paint apps on it are great. Really looks like weathered metal.

And speaking of paint apps... Did anyone notice Hasbro assembled the figure wrong? The chain mail has a blueish tint to it. Looking at photos online the SDCC version's chain mail is more a darker silver. Hasbro accidentally switched the limbs between the two versions. The regular Thor's arms and legs should be on the SDCC Thor and vice versa.

Not that I mind, though. I love the bluish tint on the chain mail.

The figure's only downside, I feel, would be the hips. The joints connecting the legs to the hip are pretty thin, so I'm a bit nervous they will break if I pose the legs too much.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Found all of series 2 this morning, but only the running changes variant cases. Not collecting the entire wave, so I still need masked Daken and Thunderball.

Crazy how these two series were released back to back.

Piledriver

Unmasked Daken

Fantomex

Future Foundation Spiderman

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    I ordered Thor last week and he arrived yesterday.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...Other/Thor.jpg

Such an awesome figure. And he's HUGE. I love it.
    I especially like the look of Mjolnir. The paint apps on it are great. Really looks like weathered metal.

And speaking of paint apps... Did anyone notice Hasbro assembled the figure wrong? The chain mail has a blueish tint to it. Looking at photos online the SDCC version's chain mail is more a darker silver. Hasbro accidentally switched the limbs between the two versions. The regular Thor's arms and legs should be on the SDCC Thor and vice versa.

Not that I mind, though. I love the bluish tint on the chain mail.

The figure's only downside, I feel, would be the hips. The joints connecting the legs to the hip are pretty thin, so I'm a bit nervous they will break if I pose the legs too much.
    It's not assembled incorrectly. It's purposely like that to make the figure pop on in contrast.
    Last edited by SCB; February 29, 2012 at 01:27am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Found all of series 2 this morning, but only the running changes variant cases. Not collecting the entire wave, so I still need masked Daken and Thunderball.

Crazy how these two series were released back to back.
    I guess you forgot about ML wave 8, 9, and 10 all being released within 5 weeks.

People always seem to praise the Toy Biz ML waves like they were a gift from god, but despite making great figures, Toy Biz did have it's fair share of screw ups.

Wave 2 would be a complete pass for me if it wasn't for Zola, Viper, and the Wrecking Crew. I seriously didn't even know who Fantomex was until I googled him and I don't care what outfit you throw on him, Bucky still sucks. What's up with Spidey? He's got more outfits than Stark has armors now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I guess you forgot about ML wave 8, 9, and 10 all being released within 5 weeks.
    I should remember this how?

Other pics

Last edited by SCB; February 29, 2012 at 02:48am.

It's not assembled incorrectly. It's purposely like that to make the figure pop on in contrast.
    Makes sense. And it definitely works. It really does make the figure pop.
    What do you think of Thor's hip joints? Do you think they'd be liable to break? They look really thin to me.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

No I don't think so. I have both versions and they seem really sturdy to me.

No I don't think so. I have both versions and they seem really sturdy to me.
    Thanks. The reason I'm asking is because the reviewer on mwctoys said his Thor broke at the hip straight out of the package. But since no other review pointed out any flaws or breakages with the figure, it looks like that was just a bum figure.

Wave 2 would be a complete pass for me if it wasn't for Zola, Viper, and the Wrecking Crew. I seriously didn't even know who Fantomex was until I googled him and I don't care what outfit you throw on him, Bucky still sucks. What's up with Spidey? He's got more outfits than Stark has armors now.
    Sounds like someone may be behind on current events in the Marvel U.

Spidey having different looks isn't anything new in all fairness. For a hero who doesn't/didn't make much money Spider-Man always had many various costumes. Right now you will see Spidey either in his classic red and blue or in his white and black Future Foundation(Fantastic Four) costume. He even wears the FF costume when he doing stuff as a member of the Avengers.

When it comes to Fantomex he would be someone you'd incounter if you've read Uncanny X-Men in the past 2 years.
    Until now.

Hasbro has really gotten their act together. The paint, sculpts, and articulation makes me love these as much as DCUC.

I sold off my Arnim Zola parts. I have no connection to him, plus he was also shorter than all the other figures. I thought he'd be bigger and re-used for Odin later.

/jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Sounds like someone may be behind on current events in the Marvel U.

Spidey having different looks isn't anything new in all fairness. For a hero who doesn't/didn't make much money Spider-Man always had many various costumes. Right now you will see Spidey either in his classic red and blue or in his white and black Future Foundation(Fantastic Four) costume. He even wears the FF costume when he doing stuff as a member of the Avengers.

When it comes to Fantomex he would be someone you'd incounter if you've read Uncanny X-Men in the past 2 years.

Ah...that was my point.

I have no interest in the current Marvel U. Joe Q started the downfall of the MU and I jumped ship soon after his arrival. I tried to read some of it but I'm not a fan of Bendis or any of Joe's cronies.

The Spidey I read for 25+ years only had 2 "regular" uniforms: Classic Red & Blue and black. Why ruin perfection? Then again MY SPIDEY was happily married, Logan and Grimm still smoked, Wolverine was an X-Man not an Avenger, Bucky was still dead, ....

I'm just thankful that Marvel has other media like the movies and Avengers EMH cartoon to feed my appetite. I'd rather buy a classic trade than read anything put out now.

Just my 2 cents.

Ah...that was my point.

I have no interest in the current Marvel U. Joe Q started the downfall of the MU and I jumped ship soon after his arrival. I tried to read some of it but I'm not a fan of Bendis or any of Joe's cronies.

The Spidey I read for 25+ years only had 2 "regular" uniforms: Classic Red & Blue and black. Why ruin perfection? Then again MY SPIDEY was happily married, Logan and Grimm still smoked, Wolverine was an X-Man not an Avenger, Bucky was still dead, ....

I'm just thankful that Marvel has other media like the movies and Avengers EMH cartoon to feed my appetite. I'd rather buy a classic trade than read anything put out now.

Just my 2 cents.
    THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS!!!!! Ding, ding.

You are not alone in not being a big fan of Joe Q. He has made a lot of questionable changes to the Marvel U. Just look at Spidey, revealing his true identity then changing it back, clearing out 20 years of continuity like his marriage and the death of Harry Osborn, making Spidey who was always a loner not just the member of one super team but two in the Avengers and the FF.

But that's not the point.

It isn't the fault of Marvel Legends if you aren't up to date on the characters. If you don't like a character that's one thing but if you find issue with a character because you don't know who the character is that's kinda on you. That's just how I see it.
    Until now.

Oooo! I need to get FF Spidey! He looks so cool.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Half The Wrecking Crew complete.

Last edited by SCB; March 9, 2012 at 04:40am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Toybiz will always have a special place in my heart - but these look like Hasbro have listened to fan input!
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Snappy Threader
    They are just so expensive. However, Ghost Rider when I find him, he will be purchased regardless of the high price. He looks rad.

Wave 1 is at Target and Wal-Mart now, so it's a little cheaper.

I painted a custom bike for Ghost Rider

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Ah...that was my point.

Just my 2 cents.
    Those were great times. The 1980's to early 90's.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Those were great times. The 1980's to early 90's.
    I don't know, I still prefer Hulk to be green and Iron Man to be Tony Stark.
    Until now.

Got Iron Man in the mail today. Great figure.
    Too bad the hips have limited range of movement, but he can still pose nicely:

Ol' Shell-head with the rest of my Marvel Legends:

Thor and Iron Man were the only ones I wanted from Wave 1.
    Now to wait for Bucky Cap to become available (I prefer to buy from European sellers, and he's not available yet).
    Last edited by SLO-MAN; March 14, 2012 at 01:07pm.