Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of Marvel Legends

This Hulk is one of the best sculpted. Love the physique with the broadest shoulders yet. The paint sucks, because there is none. It's the factory plastic, but a fun Hulk toy.

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Any chance we ever get that Archangel sculpt, but in the original blue & pink?
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Yeah, Archangel's wearing black & silver for his current stint in X-Force.

I've wanted a 6" figure of him in his original costume for ages. And no ridiculous projectiles that fire from his wings.

Fingers crossed for the original costume to be sold at retail.
    Got my wish!!!

Last edited by ksensor; July 12, 2012 at 05:07pm.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So now Mystique looks like Black Widow and there is a red version of She-Hulk...
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    So now Mystique looks like Black Widow and there is a red version of She-Hulk...
    She-Rulk. Betty Ross. Been around for at least a few years now, as I understand it - I know she had a Superhero Squad figure a year or two ago.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Wave 3 looks awesome. Luckily there seems to be now BAF, so I can cherry pick.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...l-legends-pics

- - - Updated - - -

Also just announced Hyperion

Last edited by SCB; July 12, 2012 at 04:03pm.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Wave 3 looks awesome. Luckily there seems to be now BAF, so I can cherry pick.
    I was going to say the opposite. Wave 3 looks bad.

Too many re-releases like Doom and Deadpool. Mystique uses the Viper head sculpt. More trench coat figures... Give it a rest for a few waves Hasbro. Jeessh. We just got Fantorex....whatever his name is...in wave 2.

Wave 4 has a few gems though: She-Rulk, Archangel, and that Cap.

The lack of a BAF piece is really going to hurt the sales on some of these figures.

- - - Updated - - -

Well 2013 looks promising.

Jim Lee Jean Grey, Monnstone (on a new body), and THE WRECKER!!!! YES!!!! Just the thought of having a complete Wrecking Crew is amazing. Hopefully there will be a Bulldozer variant.

More figures announced than I saw originally. Sounds like they have some BAFs planned as well.

2012 SDCC - Hasbro's Marvel Panel - marvelousnews.com

"2013 will see mini build-a-figure. Wave 1 will see Hit Monkey who has lots of articulation.

Wave 1 will include Savage She-Hulk and Red She-Hulk with all new body sculpt. Ultimates Captain America and the original X-Force Wolverine, Iron Fist (White), Protector, Sentry and Hyperion. There will also be Archangel in both classic color and Black & Silver.

Wave 2 - Jim Lee Jean Grey, The Wrecker, Bulldozer will be the swap figure for Wrecker.

Moonstone from Thunderbolts will be done with an all new body sculpt. She will be released sometime in 2013.

There will be a Build-A-Figure Iron Monger released in 6" scale in 2013, its comic book version. This figure will be big.

BAF Rocket Raccoon is a good possibility.

Orange Fing Fang Foom is on hold till they can figure out a way to bring it to folks. They decided to go with the Hellicarrier and didn't want to offer two big items cause of price. It could make its way back in the line at some point.

Stryfe was never intended to be a ML Build-A-Figure. Stryfe is being redone so its a much better figure and released down the road."

Sign me up for an original colors Archangel and a Moonstone! Yay!
    Last edited by ksensor; July 22, 2012 at 05:34pm.

Wow those BAF's are getting worse and worse. We're building pack ins now! Saves me money on figures I'd buy just for the BAF piece.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Wow those BAF's are getting worse and worse. We're building pack ins now! Saves me money on figures I'd buy just for the BAF piece.
    Yeah, I'm really confused about those. Rocket Raccoon and Hit Monkey are little. So... you're getting one tiny arm or leg with your figure? Lame. Iron Monger at least makes sense (I don't want it, but I understand it).

If Marvel/Hasbro need some ideas for large-scale BAFs, they can just ask me. I'd be happy to suggest a few.

Like I said earlier the lack of BAF pieces is going to hurt the less popular figures. While I enjoyed both Constrictor and Klaw, I know some hated them and only bought them for their BAF pieces.

I love Constrictor. Hated buying Klaw. Ooof!

- - - Updated - - -

Hasbro just put up the X-Force 3 pack on their site and it sold out in a minute. It was gone when I was checking out.

I finally took the time and picked up Bucky Cap on ebay, and he arrived today.
    Great figure. Love the articulation, the paint and sculpt.

I only have one gripe with it. The elbow and knee joints are made of soft plastic.
    The end result is a figure that feels very soft and not all that sturdy when you're posing him.
    I hope Hasbro doesn't use that type of plastic on joints anymore.

My modern Marvel collection is slowly growing:

As for the new reveals... I'm stoked that Deadpool is making another comeback.
    The original Toybiz Deadpool and Hasbro's 2-pack Deadpool were so rare, they are really expensive now. Hopefully third time's the charm, and I'll finally be able to add Deadpool to the collection without having to pay a small fortune.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Marvel Legends Wave 1 for 2013. Good news for those of us who missed out on the X-Force 3 pack. Wolverine and Archangel will be available at retail.

Ok, want to hear a weird Marvel Legends story?

I'm not a huge Marvel Legends collector. I probably only have about 15 total. Anyways, my mom sent me something she had found this weekend. My mom and dad buy a lot of toys on clearance to donate to their church's toy store at Christmas. As my mom was looking at one of Target's clearance aisles she saw two Marvel legends figures for $5 each. She went ahead and picked them up knowing that I collect action figures and like superheroes.

It was the Galactus wave first appearance Hulk and Bullseye.

The Target was remodeling and had found them in a stock room. Crazy,huh?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Marvel Select Ultron - awesome figure

Wow! What is the deal with the crazy way Hasbro is packing the new Marvel Legends? Blade and Punisher are variants of each other? Mystique and Danielle Moonstar? I had to order these from e-bay (didn't really spend any more than retail, though) because BBTS, Amazon, and the like all say that you don't know what figure you will get. I haven't bought Marvel Legends in a long time, but Punisher, Blade, Mystique, Doctor Doom, and Deadpool are just too cool for me to pass on. I got Doom, Mystique, and Punisher on the way. I'll have to keep looking for Blade, as he doesn't seem to be out yet.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    I'm digging Hyperion and Sentry,Thor is huge.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Just got the Punisher, Mystique,and Doctor Doom in the mail last night. I'm really, really liking these. I haven't bought Marvel Legends for years (probably the last ones I bought were Crossbones and the Camo Punisher from the Holocaust and Ares waves.

Both Mystique and the Punisher are loaded with guns. Lots and lots of guns!

Doctor Doom has a really nice holster and a cool removable full-head mask which reveals his scarred visage underneath. Neat!

Still searching for Blade and Deadpool.

"We have a Ram-Man"

New reveals from NYCC

More pics of the three new ML reveals...

Got Hyperion. Love Marvel Legends Superman body.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Some great reveals.

http://wp.me/p12o0s-8Ng
    Last edited by SCB; February 9, 2013 at 06:34pm.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Can someone in the know clarify something for me - it looks like they unveiled a Captain America Movie wave (6" scale) for Legends at SDCC - is that the case? I saw images of Cap, Black Widow and Winter Soldier.

However, I also saw a comic-accurate Cap and Baron Zemo, and read something about a movie version of Red Skull & an AIM Soldier. Is this all one wave, and all 6-inch scale? When are they due?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Sad to see the "Marvel Legends" title put to rest, but it shouldn't have a big effect on the line other than the packaging. Considering the vast majority of the Marvel Universe has either been an Avenger at one time or has faced off against them, they can still pretty much make anyone they want to under the banner "Avengers." What they showed looked pretty good; I do hope we get a black suited, short haired variant with the Widow, though. We still have a GAPING hole in the 6" line form the Avengers movie without that.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Sad to see the "Marvel Legends" title put to rest, but it shouldn't have a big effect on the line other than the packaging.
    I thought MU was the line that was being rebranded not ML?

Also the SDCC Thunderbolts set is up on HTS RIGHT NOW!!