Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of Marvel Legends

i was very disappointed with my bucky cap. first, he (and many figs) are much shorter than steve rogers. second, my bucky has a bobble boot. his left boot joint is VERY loose. so loose that if you hold it just right you can see the peg...and AROUND the peg - in other words, if i hold it up to my eye i can see through his leg.

i'm hoping i see another one so i can snag it and then take this one back to the store.

Steve Rogers is too tall. Bucky Cap is the same height as Face Off Cap (best Captain America they've made).

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Steve Rogers is too tall. Bucky Cap is the same height as Face Off Cap (best Captain America they've made).
    i had a feeling. i only opened those two so far and haven't moved them to my toy room.

eta: now that i think on it, i think i knew this based on your photo of him next to iron man. i knew he was too tall or iron man was too short, but didn't realize just how big a difference it was until they were in hand standing side by side. otherwise the steve rogers fig is awesome.

still can't find ghostrider.

these are now $19.99 at my local TRU. *** ridiculous.
    Last edited by EldestSon; April 3, 2012 at 11:45am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah TRU raised their prices. Target still has them for reasonable prices.

Stever Rogers looks normal with DCUC guys by the way.

I want the thor. I love that design and the sculpt is quite nice. these are hit or miss for me, I'm not a big marvel guy first off so the characters overall don't mean much to me, the sculpts on some look good while others seem a bit meh.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Out of all the new ML figures, I have to say Bucky Cap is pretty much perfect. Yeah he seems small next at first, but he's actually in scale with most of the past ML. If you collect DCUC, he really feels small, but those bodies are far bigger and beefier.

Masked Daken is the rarest figure, mostly found overseas and still goes for a lot. Big Time Spidey second rarest, but actually found in the states.

Daken's head just came in the mail, hope my painting skills can do the rest 8)

Last edited by SCB; April 6, 2012 at 09:53pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I finally picked up my first Marvel Legends 2012 figure:

I really love it! I think the paint is terrific, and I love the joints on this guy. Its a great figure. I'll definitely be picking up more!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I snagged a Constrictor and a Viper. Very cool figures. I'm really happy that ML is back. The world needs more 6" Marvel figures that aren't variations of Thor, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Cap

I won't try to pick them up myself due to space restrictions, but the Wrecking Crew set looks like they're going to be really cool!

Also, it looks like the next ML wave (or an upcoming ML-compatible Spider-Man or Avengers wave) will have a "Miles Morales" Ultimate Spider-Man figure. Neat stuff...
    Hasbro Unveils Upcoming 6" and 3.75" Miles Morales Spider-Man Action Figures

It's funny how people always complain about Mattel reusing the DCUC bucks but you never hear anybody complain when Hasbro does the same thing with their bucks.

How many times do you think Hasbro will milk out another figure from that Punisher/Nick Fury coat figure?

Both figures look decent but the coat IMO looks off on both. Maybe it's cause I have a handful of figures already with the coat but I'm not feeling it. With all the reuse parts I see in these 2 figures, I hope this means the rest of the line up is much better.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd love to know when/if Marvel/Hasbro plans on allowing us to finally have a 6" scale Blink figure that does her justice- she has a very large and dedicated following of fanatical fans!

Yeah they're milking that overcoat body for everything it's worth. Won't be shocked to see Red Skull with that buck as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I'd love to know when/if Marvel/Hasbro plans on allowing us to finally have a 6" scale Blink figure that does her justice- she has a very large and dedicated following of fanatical fans!
    Agreed. I'm still waiting for my ML Songbird figure.

Yeah they're milking that overcoat body for everything it's worth. Won't be shocked to see Red Skull with that buck as well.
    Don't give them any ideas.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Agreed. I'm still waiting for my ML Songbird figure.

Don't give them any ideas.

Oh crap I had totally forgotten Songbird for ML....YEAH GET ON THAT NOW HASBRO!

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Still waiting on the FA Storm that lost to AOA Sunfire a few years ago. They've already sculpted her, haven't they?
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

SDCC exclusive announced today. X-Force variants 3 pack for $50!

For anyone wondering, series 3 will have an X-Force Deadpool as well. If you got the X-Force Warpath last year, you pretty much have a big team.
    Last edited by SCB; June 6, 2012 at 07:39pm.

Wow, that is an awesome exclusive. All 3 of these figures look great and a new Psylocke!!!! I don't think that I will be able to get this though (on a budget).

those are gonna sell faster than the galactus on hasbro.com.

Any chance we ever get that Archangel sculpt, but in the original blue & pink?

Is that what he looks like currently? Pretty good chance the regular version will show up in Legends like Thor did. They're going by the modern looks in retail and variants for SDCC.

Is that what he looks like currently? Pretty good chance the regular version will show up in Legends like Thor did. They're going by the modern looks in retail and variants for SDCC.
    Yeah, Archangel's wearing black & silver for his current stint in X-Force.

I've wanted a 6" figure of him in his original costume for ages. And no ridiculous projectiles that fire from his wings.

Fingers crossed for the original costume to be sold at retail.

And I'd love a 6" version of the MU Baron Von Zemo that was just announced... Take my money, Hasbro!

Not Marvel Legends, but he fits in pretty close in scale. Picked up the Marvel Select Movie Spiderman and it's amazing IMO. His scale is actually perfect in DCUC, a little taller for ML, but easily compatible.

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    Great pictures SCB!! Where is that Venom from?! I love him!!!
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

Custom head I put on the SMC body.

SDCC exclusive announced today. X-Force variants 3 pack for $50!
    Ehh..pass.

Thank god!

I have no interest in any Quesada-verse characters or variants. Only classics.

What really upsets me is that Marvel Universe, which I don't collect, has a SDCC 3 pack with 3 of my most wanted characters: Tigershark, Radioactive Man, and Helmut Zemo in his MOE outfit.

The Marvel line I don't collect has an exclusive with 3 of my most wanted characters while the line I do collect contains a 3 pack I couldn't care less about. Thanks Hasblow!