Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Return of Marvel Legends

Picked up Beetle and Electro. Even the two least desirable figures in this series are awesome.

Beetle is just armored candy goodness.

Electro is exactly how he should look like for a modern look over the star fish spandex. Don't see a lot of Jamie Foxx in the head sculpts, so I think this works as a comic based figure. Really cool.

I wish they would release more random characters from older comic series... I would love a Generation X team in 6 inch plastic goodness!
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Picked up Beetle and Electro. Even the two least desirable figures in this series are awesome.

Beetle is just armored candy goodness.

Electro is exactly how he should look like for a modern look over the star fish spandex. Don't see a lot of Jamie Foxx in the head sculpts, so I think this works as a comic based figure. Really cool.
    Agreed about Beetle. I nabbed him and Superior Spidey (I must be one of his only fans in the world), and both are really great. Superior Spidey is so articulated, but really looks great in any pose. Beetle just looks incredible, though. I ended up really loving his figure way more than I expected.

Now just the Amazing Spidey and Electro and I can finish GG.
    Last edited by Galmorzu; February 3, 2014 at 01:14am.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

I'm starting to crack on Spidey (which wouldn't be a good thing). I couldn't get a whole lot of poses out of the crappy Walmart exclusive. He had useless thigh joints....

Just pre - ordered the Original X-Men set from toysrus.com for $90.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

The Spider-Man variants/running changes are starting to hit Targets now.

My stores got these in recently, I was going to pick up Zemo, but decided to go with Red Skull instead never saw one of the older versions. I took the over coat off it hinders his shoulders way too much. Spider-man all I saw was Beetle, looked good but rather look for the ladies. This Black Cat looks a lot better than the one I got in the Sinister Six pack years ago.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

The GOTG wave IMO doesn't look very good at all. It looks like Hasbro is taking a step back after the great Cap and Spidey waves. Gamora and Rocket look sad. Why? Rocket should looked all ****** off with a snarl...like he's ready to kick some [butt].

Groot ,Star-lord, Nova, and that Iron Man look great.

I really wish the MU Death's Head, Whirlwind, and Grim Reaper were for Legends. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

A 6 inch scaled Deaths Head would be a ready made MOTU character.

Red Skull from the new Captain America: The Winter Soldier Marvel Legends series reviewed here:http://www.thepicreview.com/2014/03/...ll-agents.html

He's ok (great accessories and headsculpt) but those limbs are atrocious. The plastic is so soft that he feels like a bendy toy sometimes!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    Picked up a few of the new Legends in the last couple weeks. Superior Spidey, Spider-Girl 2, and 90's Jean Grey.

Wish they'd have more waves throughout the year, to increase the odds of getting characters I want... Or at LEAST rerelease some of the harder to find ones like Dragon Man... I NEED that one for my F4 display...
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

I think I'd totally pick up that Jean Grey if I saw her. I've always loved that costume!

I reviewed the Hydra Agent from the new Captain America series last night: http://www.thepicreview.com/2014/03/...nt-agents.html

He's pretty cool. His guns are some really amazing, crazy sculpts. I wish the outfit looked more like the first Hasbro Hydra Agent, but the articulation and stuff is pretty good.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

The Jean Grey is awesome, I was only going to pick up a few more figures of characters I liked to save cash then saw her and I was like must get.

- - - Updated - - -

Found Winter Soldier Black Widow today, I passed on a previous version of her because I didn't like the look. While this one is a movie version I went ahead and picked it up. Biggest complaint she comes with two sets of hands open and closed for guns that she doesn't have....

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Very jealous that you found those two, Wyldman!

Last night I reviewed Baron Zemo. He's probably my favorite of the new Cap Legends so far. http://www.thepicreview.com/2014/03/...aron-zemo.html

"We have a Ram-Man"

When I got Red Skull, I almost got Zemo instead. I passed since I was mainly getting villains for heroes I have and the Red Skull fits more as the Cap's defining villain.

Ya'll, I am broken hearted. I just got my TRU Marvel Legends Original X-Men Box set in the mail the other day and I am disappointed. I NEVER thought we would get this set in Marvel Legends scale. I have the original Toy Biz set from 98 on my shelf. They sit behind Professor X, with X-Men Gold team to the left and X-Men Blue team to the right, anyone from the 90's should get that one. It's not just the paint issues, which are on every figure it seems. It's that they feel cheap, like Longshot cheap. I was really wanting this set and thought it would have been done with so much care because it represents the beginning of the X-Men. A lass, it feels as if they just threw something together and had their cheapest manufacturer throw it in a box. I have almost every Marvel Legend done from Toy Biz to Hasbro and I love probably 98% of them. I know Hasbro started out rough, but I felt they really improved since their return to the Legends and this just knocked it back past their first wave. As collectors, we've accepted a lot for what we love, but man, this was a hard kick in the face. I'll still display them, I just wish they would've realized what they were putting together. Not trying to be a downer, but I really had high hopes for this set. To me, it represented the beginning of something.

Finally found Black Widow today! I'm actually mostly out of the Legends game. But found Stealth Suit Cap, and really liked him. So I got Widow today (was in a different town and stopped by Target on a whim!) and also picked up FA Cap. I'm only going to get the movie-related Legends to keep the collection smaller, though.

Widow looks good overall. I like the head sculpts. I'll probably go with the straight Winter Soldier hair for now. I think she has one of the better ML female bodies. But the decision not to give her usable guns (but give her gun hands) is bizarre to me. I imagine I have some suitable guns somewhere in a tote to give her. But.... weird.

FA Cap is pretty nice, too. I like his range of movement, especially in his head. His negatives are his flimsy shield and his HUGE gun that won't fit in his holster.

Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Finally found Black Widow today! I'm actually mostly out of the Legends game. But found Stealth Suit Cap, and really liked him. So I got Widow today (was in a different town and stopped by Target on a whim!) and also picked up FA Cap. I'm only going to get the movie-related Legends to keep the collection smaller, though.

Widow looks good overall. I like the head sculpts. I'll probably go with the straight Winter Soldier hair for now. I think she has one of the better ML female bodies. But the decision not to give her usable guns (but give her gun hands) is bizarre to me. I imagine I have some suitable guns somewhere in a tote to give her. But.... weird.

FA Cap is pretty nice, too. I like his range of movement, especially in his head. His negatives are his flimsy shield and his HUGE gun that won't fit in his holster.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2360/1...474794aa_z.jpg
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7345/1...ae30c0d0_z.jpg
    http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3263/1...d3540904_z.jpg
    Great find! I'm still digging the wavy hair more, though.

And yes, gun hands but no guns? How weird is that?

I'm still digging the

"We have a Ram-Man"

I do think the wavy hair looks better overall. I might change her to that in the longterm.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I am in the same boat, the straight hair is more comic accurate but the way kind of makes her almost look sad is kind of off putting. The only thing I can tell that is different is the hair.

Had a good day today. Went out looking for Winter Soldier and Black Widow (no dice), but scored two others I wanted. Found Jean Grey (Rocket Racoon wave) at Meijers, then stumbled upon the proverbial jackpot at a nearby K-Mart. They had all the figures from CA wave 1, and all the Spider-man wave figures, including Black Cat. Sorely tempted to go back to that store this weekend for Beetle and Electro, and maybe nab another AIM soldier (if any of them are still around).
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Picked a Spider-Man and Captain America from the Marvel Legends Infinite Series line today. Anyone know what other figures might be upcoming?
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Picked a Spider-Man and Captain America from the Marvel Legends Infinite Series line today. Anyone know what other figures might be upcoming?
    I don't think there's going to be anything else for those 2 movies at retail. Next should be the Guardians of the Galaxy wave. They also showed a Jubilee wave at SDCC, but no news yet on when/if it's still coming.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    I don't think there's going to be anything else for those 2 movies at retail. Next should be the Guardians of the Galaxy wave. They also showed a Jubilee wave at SDCC, but no news yet on when/if it's still coming.
    Thanks for the info. I wonder if they will release Iron Man, Hulk, etc. in the new packaging?
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    The GOTG wave should be next. There is a revision pack for the Cap wave coming but it's basicly the same figures but in new case ratio.

The Jubilee wave was canceled. Once Hasbro decided to shift the waves to include "movie figures" since the "comic waves" weren't selling very well, the wave was canceled. Hasbro said that they are planning to try to fit those figures into future waves but nothing is certain. Jubilee herself, will likely be released as a separate figure instead of as a CNC. Also, recent info has suggested that a few of these "canceled" figures could be in the SDCC multi-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Thanks for the info. I wonder if they will release Iron Man, Hulk, etc. in the new packaging?
    It's possible. The fact that they were Walmart exclusive could hurt their chance but I doubt it. There's a rumor of a mixed case coming out sometime this year that features different Marvel movie figures. Most would be repacks from the current Spidey and Cap waves but it would make sense to put Avengers figures in there too. A reputable source has confirmed that ML figures of Thor, Loki, and Malekith from Thor 2 were also sculpted but never shown or leaked. Those figures could be thrown in as well since almost all the tooling was done already. There was a Sif and Dark Elf also planned but never made it past the computer rendering stage.