Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, who's the mystery MOTUC character?

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

So, who's the mystery MOTUC character?

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    If I recall correctly, Toyguru said that when the twins were born the Sorceress (with the aid of a to-be-revealed character) combined the sword

Anybody want to speculate on who this unrevealed character could be?

I'm wondering if it's The Faceless One or Eldor? Or could it even be someone romantically linked to the Sorceress?

Any ideas?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I was thinking about this last night, and I think it's the Faceless One. I don't believe that Eldor is still alive. And there is no other established good magic user on Eternia capable of doing something like this, other than Faceless One. I don't believe Orko is capable, and Gwildor is a scientist, not a magician.

If it's not Faceless One, then it is likely an Etherian power, like Light Hope.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    What about Zodac?

Edit: By 'to-be-revealed', TG probably meant a figure we haven't already seen, I'm guessing. Oops!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Since Zodac & Zodak have already been given bios, I assume they're ruled out.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

If it's gonna be anyone I hope it's Lighthope!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    If it's gonna be anyone I hope it's Lighthope!
    I was going to say Light Hope!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Light Hope would be cool, but I can't see how they could make him... he is just an overdecorated well with flashing lights. Since he was one of my faves from the 200x show, I'm banking on the Faceless One. The Faceless One as a possible romantic love interest (past, present or future) for the Sorceress could also open up A LOT of questions and make for some new, interesting Eternian mythos and/or soap opera drama.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    Light Hope would be cool, but I can't see how they could make him... he is just an overdecorated well with flashing lights. Since he was one of my faves from the 200x show, I'm banking on the Faceless One. The Faceless One as a possible romantic love interest (past, present or future) for the Sorceress could also open up A LOT of questions and make for some new, interesting Eternian mythos and/or soap opera drama.
    True, he was basically a rainbow in a well...BUT Mattel could make the one council member Light Hope (red-caped, She-Ra symbol guy) and also include a rainbow pool accessory and maybe a rainbow backdrop:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Lord Byron (from the house of Swan I think) would be just fantastic.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I'm going with Eldor, he was obviously the wizard who sent the Sorceress and He-Man back to present time in the last mini comic.

And if no one has noticed the trend, we get something new popping up from the past, we get a new version soon after...Gy-Gor, She-Ra's headpiece explained...and Eldor's original proof card just "happened" to resurface recently after being locked away all this time...yeah, what a coincidence.
    Please don't try to contact me thru heman.org about casted parts. That is specifically against there guidelines and out of respect for them don't do it. I rarely visit this site any more anyway so any messages more than likely wont be seen for a month. Facebook is the best way, i check there daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I was thinking about this last night, and I think it's the Faceless One. I don't believe that Eldor is still alive.
    Did they say WHICH Sorceress? Because it could have been one before Teela-Na when Eldor was alive.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Hmm...i am quite interested in the Faceless One, but from what we know about him i dont think he can be considered as aligned to the "good guys".
    Aside from being Lyn's father, while certainly not utterly evil, he looks like he is pretty self centered, concentrated in keeping custody of whatever he is in charge of and utterly unconcerned about what goes on in greater eternia,except begging for Skeletor to help him save his foolish child.
    Of course Skeletor does not even listen to him
    Back on topic, i dont think he would intervene in such a way, far too "on the good guys side" for this character that, again, is not openly evil but quite dark, brooding and slightly creepy.

Since it is two twin swords, two twin siblings living in mirror worlds, it makes sense for the second character to be from the She-Ra mythology.

Light Hope is a good guess, though it might make a difficult figure. Queen Angella or Castaspella maybe?
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Quote Originally Posted by Karak Nul View Post
    I'm going with Eldor, he was obviously the wizard who sent the Sorceress and He-Man back to present time in the last mini comic.
    I thought that was He-Ro? He seems to be holding the same staff...

I like the idea of Eldor helping Sorceress merge the sword halves, but it'll probably end up being someone like Zodac.

I hope it is Eldor.

Lighthope, Eldor, TFO, The Oracle (especially if he's a time-traveling Orko from the future!), or even The Goddess (if she is not in fact, The Sorceress we all know and love, which I still wonder/wun-dar about...) would be good choices.

I can't wait to find out!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    True, he was basically a rainbow in a well...BUT Mattel could make the one council member Light Hope (red-caped, She-Ra symbol guy) and also include a rainbow pool accessory and maybe a rainbow backdrop:

Can I just ask this? Does Mattel have the rights to do these characters? If so that would be bad-a$$. Also I do think Mattel will cleverly try to release Light-hope as a beast or some sort of a plastic flashing ray that sprouts up from a pool.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldor/Skeletor73 View Post
    Hmm...i am quite interested in the Faceless One, but from what we know about him i dont think he can be considered as aligned to the "good guys".
    Aside from being Lyn's father, while certainly not utterly evil, he looks like he is pretty self centered, concentrated in keeping custody of whatever he is in charge of and utterly unconcerned about what goes on in greater eternia,except begging for Skeletor to help him save his foolish child.
    Of course Skeletor does not even listen to him
    Back on topic, i dont think he would intervene in such a way, far too "on the good guys side" for this character that, again, is not openly evil but quite dark, brooding and slightly creepy.
    Does the Sorceress really do much more than protect Greyskull and recruit others to help her? Her actions of giving the Power Sword to Adam could be viewed as taking a proactive approach to protecting Greyskull. The Faceless One instead takes a more passive approach to protecting his charge and just keeps his head down for the most part.

I doubt it will be the Faceless One though. While I think the Faceless One doing something good would add an interesting greyness to his character, Eldor seems to fit more into the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Can I just ask this? Does Mattel have the rights to do these characters? If so that would be bad-a$$. Also I do think Mattel will cleverly try to release Light-hope as a beast or some sort of a plastic flashing ray that sprouts up from a pool.
    Mattel has the rights to produce anyone shown in the MVC comics. I don't really understand the answers we were given on Illumina...because regardless of them passing on her story pitch, she was in a teaser image...

Regardless, they 100% have the rights to the likenesses of the characters in the comic. They could call him "Shifty Joe" for all that matters. They own him.

I am going to guess Light Hope...

But I think Light Hope is the spirit of another character... He-Ro maybe... or Eldor.

Not sure.

The Faceless One is a possibility, but not sure whay his connection would be.

The people who are in-the-know about the Powers of Grayskull:

-Oracle (who may or may not be Orko, who appears on Eternia when Adam is young, but goes back in time to aid Grayskull at some point?)

-Light Hope (She-Ra's Sorceress in a way...)

-He-Ro (dead, but hey, King Grayskull is a spirit, so...)

-The Goddess (she might have helped.. after all, she's all about splitting and combining swords)

-Madame Razz (she's UNLIKELY... who knows? maybe the character is yet-to-be-revealed because Mattel isn't 100% sure it can USE the character yet, but expects to).

-Man-At-Arms (unlikely... he's already been assoicated with building the mecha-sword, and he has no magical powers)

-Orko (wasn't on Eternia at that time... at least we don't think so)

-Eldor (for some reason, I just don't think so...)

-another Sorceress

-Zodac

-Zodak

I KNOW!!!

-Mo-Larr... he could have bonded them... like teeth...

oh, and:

Quote Originally Posted by Karak Nul
    Actually, that was supposed to have been He-Ro.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Karak Nul View Post

You possibly referring to "Powers of Grayskull - The Legend Begins!" mini-comic?
    Where He-Ro, not Eldor sends The Sorceress and He-Man to present time.

I want it to be Eldor but alot people here have me thinking it may be LightHope.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Light Hope would be really awesome, but I just don't see how unless he is in Council of Elders form. Any POP character would be welcomed with open arms, but I'd be more inclined to believe that it's either the Faceless One or Eldor. Besides, how do we not know that either aren't Light Hope in some form. Perhaps, he's Eldor's spirit or why the Faceless One is without visage. Who knows... but the possibilities are endless.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

I'm fairly certain that Toyguru said the MVC-specific stuff was rejected by Mattel. At the top of my list is Eldor. Having Photog as sub fig runs close to being a joke and an insult. If they get him done right, the 4H are going to have to pull all the stops.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

OK, he's pretty rockin'. He looks sort of like a lost Thundercat or Kylun from the old Excalibur comic... and that's a plus in my book.