Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TG Blog #1 - King Grayskull - Secret Origins

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSpandex View Post
    Why would I be ticked off about this? I don't think I follow. I loved the 200x line as well, but it was long gone.
    I took it as Scott saying here they were planning on making the 200x style figures that never got made for the online collectors. But they decided to start the Classics line instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I'm not angry about it but I do feel a little like I lost some very cool additions to my collection. Especially since I'm not really loving the classics line. I do own every single figure of the classics though.
    It's not that im angry.. just to read that they were actually thinking about completing the 200x line.,, before the Horsemen brought them this new idea to do the Classics.. kinda feels like being kicked in the crotch.
    Last edited by NagAAsi; January 28, 2012 at 04:36am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    There;s Scott's version of this tale of how MOTUC started... then there's Eric Treadaway's... and for the real meat, the real TBone steak, there is Emiliano's... in thirty years time there's a chance a new ToyMasters Doc could be made from all of this.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm happy Toyguru found the time to create a MOTUC blog. It's all nice and neat...

BUT I'd be MUCH happier if he'd concentrate FIRST and foremost on fixing the issues the line has !

That was a nice read, even if I knew of most of the story. The idea of this blog is a good one. We can see a bit of backstory on all of the MOTUC figures from TG's point of view. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I'm happy Toyguru found the time to create a MOTUC blog. It's all nice and neat...

BUT I'd be MUCH happier if he'd concentrate FIRST and foremost on fixing the issues the line has !
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I think this is great. It's definitely a step in the right direction to better communicate with fans and build a stronger bond. I also think this is a direct consequence of all the issues we have been having lately... It definitely feels as if TG is trying to bring the line closer to the fans, which at the end of the day is a great thing.

I, for one, give TG props... I work in the entertainment industry, and one of my previous jobs have been at the Catalog group at EMI Music, which is the division in charge of compilations and old album re-issues (CDs, vinyl, special packaging, etc.) If I could trace a parallel with Mattel's collectors line, let me tell you that the many times mentioned 'logistic issues' do exist and sometimes are just unpreventable.... I wish they could work things out with Digital River, to me that is their biggest issue, but who knows what different levels they need to reach out to so they can even begin talks about that. Even internally sometimes company bureaucracy is hard to deal with, specially within a corporation like Mattel.

When you are working for a company that is not a charity entity, but rather a FOR PROFIT business, there are many things you have to deal with... P&Ls, finance, vendors, input from different internal departments, etc. It's not easy. TG has to deal with all of this... and trust me, you want to have a fan that would 'fight the good fight' when concerns arise among the big wigs.

My point is, I think this is a clear indication of recognition of the fan discontent at hand and the intention to be proactive to better that company-fan relationship from TG himself where he can... Let's hope this continues to be the trend in all areas.
    Last edited by kissero; January 28, 2012 at 03:03pm.
    "From here to Eterni...a"

Heroic Warrior
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
    In this precise case, I'd rather say : All work and no play makes a great toyline.

Snappy Threader
    I'm glad he decided to post this. It's a real good read, and it gives some back story to character selection, the line and the thought process behind them. I am very interested in the history involved, not just the history and bios so to speak of the characters, but also to the lines themselves.

I do like reading behind the scenes things, I like how things are made and come together, I worked in injection molding factories and liked putting things together myself, and I like designing things and making them work. I see nothing wrong with the story aside from like all stories by the teller more credit may be given to the teller than anyone else...but whatever I don't read into this anything but being a toyline creation story...who cares who has the big head here, I just want to know more. But being me, I just have one thing to say.....

“MOTU would be back on shelves everywhere.”
    Sorry but how could you not mistake this, stated like that as not being on retail shelves? Especially since 200X and all other lines were in stores.
    He could have said "MOTU would be back in figure form soon" or "MOTU would be back on virtual shelves soon".

Had to point that one out......

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    While TG might be the most visible target, I don't think it's Toyguru's fault. Blame Mattel if they continue to let this happen by not stepping in and fixing matters, either by replacing Digital River with another more competent company OR by boosting MOTUC's budget or resources so that TG can try to take even more precautions with QC issues. Seriously, if the man keeps telling his bosses that there is a problem and if they ignore him because MOTUC isn't Barbie or Hot Wheels, then we really have a problem here.
    There are many more minds and cooks in the kitchen than Scott, and ones that are more to blame for limitations...this was never my issue with Scott as I understand his bosses have bosses. This is a story, it's not Scott being arrogant or blowing off questions, this is the only issue I have with him mainly, that thread of his...no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by NagAAsi View Post
    There were quite a few characters that never made it into the 200X line and the original idea was to just pick up where the retail line ended and keep pumping out 200x style figures using what shared tooling we could use. Very early on, King Grayskull became the character we wanted to do as he would be a great SDCC item since he was “He-Man” but was not really “He-Man,” appealing to both hard core fans and ideally casual new buyers as well

Am I the only one ****** off about this? I mean why couldn't they finish the 200x line as planned.. Then start the new MOTUC line.?
    If they had done that...MOTUC may never have seen the light, granted you can't miss something that never was, but the 200X continuation would have cost more that starting a whole new line. As none in the 200X line that I saw anyway had any parts that were reusable outside individual characters.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Hey folks. As suggested earlier, you're better off ignoring comments you don't agree with and/or adding that user to your Ignore list.

There's only a few comments here that criticize the blog. There's far more comments complaining about those posts. All that does is exasperate the situation.

Constructive debate is cool. But one of our guidelines is to not complain about complaints, mostly because it just mires the conversation in negative sentiments. If you like the blog and want to focus on the positive, then please do just that.
    Thanks!
    This is true, there have been only a couple posts saying anything others may not like, but for every one post everyone sees as negative or wrong, there are like 20 posts complaining about the 1 post. I have never ignored anyone here, hope to never have to because this is a mostly tighter community, but I had to on other forums....some people have lost all touches with reality on there.

There has been far less moaning on this post, than any other Scott topic so far, and yet most of the posts are made up of 20 people complaining about 1 post, and it's not even the original post.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 28, 2012 at 06:51pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    In this precise case, I'd rather say : All work and no play makes a great toyline.
    It IS a great toyline--that is a fact. It's also a fact that it's not perfect, but nothing is, and oh look! They're working on that AS WELL as doing entertaining stuff:

QC issues:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ress-QC-issues

Refunding a figure from several years ago:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...fund-offered!!

Cancelled subs:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...rums-for-help!

There have been a lot of complaints over a lot of years, and I take all of this as a sign that, for whatever reason, they're finally hearing/caring; and when I say all of this I mean including things like this blog because I like to think that all communication, be it responding to complaints or interesting stories that try to make the line more fun is a positive thing and shows they care.
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; January 29, 2012 at 02:44am.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    So he is now recapping info that he posted here on He-Man.Org 4 years ago? But again, it's a story that he loves to tell! Remember, I stood in line for Keldor.... CHECK!
    I went all the way to Germany to get mine.

Same goes for him being upset because he didn't get a second She-Ra to keep MISB: if he really needed a second one that much, why didn't he just buy her at the He-Store afterwards (that's where I bought her) they were not that expensive.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Firstly to TG thankyou for doing this blog, i love reading these extras, little things you tend to forget over time so to reflect upon the line again is really neat.

TG said he is doing this in his own time because he is a fan, and im personally happy that he is both brand manager and a fan, he knows the line inside out, i havent seen him do any other blogs for GL or GB, i could be wrong but i can see that he is passionate for motu.

Ive been critical on him before with the King Hiss shoulder issue but he has good intensions, i know this is he job and been paid for it and others could argue the point he has gone to far with the comic book and mighty spector but they are the perks with the job and he would need to have everything approved through upper management anyway.

For me im grateful for these blogs and videos he does and interviews and posts here on the forums, it could be worst, we could have a brand manage that knows little about the motu history (just like those stupid movie scripts everyone complains about) and not interact much with the fans. So once again TG thanks for the blogs and keep up the good work with this line.
    P.S. After the roadmap is complete please bring back the stactions. Wink Wink.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I look forward to hear more about the behind the line.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Cool to get TG's version of how MOTUC started. I, personally, am glad they did a new line instead of "finishing" 200X. I didn't collect 200X, so I would not have started with the original KG if he had been a continuation of that line. Classics is my favorite toy line ever.

Pretty cool read. Admittedly, I wasn't aware that the 4H basically came up with the entire concept of "Classicized" figures. Pretty crazy how integral they have been and continue to be with this amazing line.

I think it is awesome and above and beyond for TG to be doing a behind the scenes of each figure for us! I can't wait to read each one and want to thank him for taking his personal time to do this. I can tell you, as much as I love my job, you will not catch me blogging about it on my time off.

I think it would also be cool if he included progress pictures of any figures if he has any.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that someone else had pointed this out.

These blogs are a neat idea and I look forward to reading more.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Nice idea TG. Thanks for share all the info.

Heroic Warrior
    These blogs really are great. I'm glad that TG is so willing to do extra things like this. As a father of a 19-month-old, I know how precious his free time truly is. I think we all do well to remember that.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Can somebody copy/paste that text here?

I'm not in matty forums so I can't see the blog there.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Can somebody copy/paste that text here?

I'm not in matty forums so I can't see the blog there.
    ive posted them all when they come out except for the first one, do a search for TG Blog or threads started by me and you will find them. The first post in this thread is the first entry.
    the ignore list is my new best friend