Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TG Blog #1 - King Grayskull - Secret Origins

Brilliant! All the moaning, QC and DR issues aside... This is what MOTU is all about. I am so looking forward to collecting this line for as long as possible!
    I am adding some more shelves this weekend!

Widget
    I cant understand it. Im a brazilian collection. I had the original he-man figures when I was a Child. here In Brazil the Filmation Motu cartoon was a very huge sucess.

I saw the four hourseman prototype pictures of he-man classics and I tought "Its really cool, much better than the 200x figures I have".

Now we are seeing a part of the history of MOTU Classics, and the people are not happy, as usual, of course!

In the very beggining, as a motu classics collector, I was looking forward for a He-man, Skelletor, Beast man, Teela, Man-at-arms, Evil Lyn and Battle cat. I tought "if I got this figures it will really be very cool", I have never imagined the line coul keep going so many years!.

Now I reavy more than 60 figures and caracters I have never imagined I could have, like Vikor, He-ro, Bow, Catra, Panthor, Wind Raider, Megator, Sorceress, Keldor, and of course, King Grayskull who is the best think they did in 200x cartoon.

Im tired to rear from you all times you claimyng about the line, about toy guru, about mattel and other things!!! They had and have some problems, but its not to much in comparisson with other lines we can see, like Neca, Mcfarlane, Marvel Hasbro,....

Marvel have failled with me when they choose Hasbro to keep going with Marvel Legends!! Mcfarlane failled with me because when they stopped issue cool figures as they used to do.
    Please tell me what line asked the fans their opinion or try to do someting they will earn monay but really that will be well received by the fans?

Neca has gret figures!! But I will never have a complete "Street Fighter" collection figures, because they release only 2 or 3 figures of each theme, and I need to be happy with a Ryu, Ken, Chun li and Akuma, of course, tehy have a lot of different collors of each caracter.

Motu Classics is the most fantastic line in this moment. I dont know if it will keep going 1, 2 or 3 years. I know I will buy during the time they keep going the series.
    Mattel will fail with me only if they finish the line without a Ram man, and of course Granamir!!

I know the American people fans are the reponsibles for the line sucess, but If I where you I really would enjoy more each caracter, each new figure, eache new figure, each news, as it would be the last in the line.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Andredwt View Post
    I cant understand it. Im a brazilian collection. I had the original he-man figures when I was a Child. here In Brazil the Filmation Motu cartoon was a very huge sucess.

I saw the four hourseman prototype pictures of he-man classics and I tought "Its really cool, much better than the 200x figures I have".

Now we are seeing a part of the history of MOTU Classics, and the people are not happy, as usual, of course!

In the very beggining, as a motu classics collector, I was looking forward for a He-man, Skelletor, Beast man, Teela, Man-at-arms, Evil Lyn and Battle cat. I tought "if I got this figures it will really be very cool", I have never imagined the line coul keep going so many years!.

Now I reavy more than 60 figures and caracters I have never imagined I could have, like Vikor, He-ro, Bow, Catra, Panthor, Wind Raider, Megator, Sorceress, Keldor, and of course, King Grayskull who is the best think they did in 200x cartoon.

Im tired to rear from you all times you claimyng about the line, about toy guru, about mattel and other things!!! They had and have some problems, but its not to much in comparisson with other lines we can see, like Neca, Mcfarlane, Marvel Hasbro,....

Marvel have failled with me when they choose Hasbro to keep going with Marvel Legends!! Mcfarlane failled with me because when they stopped issue cool figures as they used to do.
    Please tell me what line asked the fans their opinion or try to do someting they will earn monay but really that will be well received by the fans?

Neca has gret figures!! But I will never have a complete "Street Fighter" collection figures, because they release only 2 or 3 figures of each theme, and I need to be happy with a Ryu, Ken, Chun li and Akuma, of course, tehy have a lot of different collors of each caracter.

Motu Classics is the most fantastic line in this moment. I dont know if it will keep going 1, 2 or 3 years. I know I will buy during the time they keep going the series.
    Mattel will fail with me only if they finish the line without a Ram man, and of course Granamir!!

I know the American people fans are the reponsibles for the line sucess, but If I where you I really would enjoy more each caracter, each new figure, eache new figure, each news, as it would be the last in the line.

Cheers,
    Thanks Andredwt for saying all I wanted to say!Perfect!

And I just want to say: To every MOTU fan:Please support this wonderful line!
    "The young Warrior with the Grip of Evil"

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Can we have just one topic without any anti-Toyguru BS? Please?

This is supposed to be an enjoyable and informative thing for everyone! The guy took the time to type up all this stuff for us addressing the QC problems (which were few and far between imo), as well as giving us a good inside story straight from the source. I for one appreciate it and look forward to more. I hope he continues to do more insider blogs as well as videos on his youtube account.
    Sadly my friend the only way to do this, is this thread should have been started as a protected topic, just about the behind the scenes stuff.

It sad we have to think that way before posting a topic, so I have just been skipping of the posts that are TG *****ing, its making reading a topic much faster
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Hey folks. As suggested earlier, you're better off ignoring comments you don't agree with and/or adding that user to your Ignore list.

There's only a few comments here that criticize the blog. There's far more comments complaining about those posts. All that does is exasperate the situation.

Constructive debate is cool. But one of our guidelines is to not complain about complaints, mostly because it just mires the conversation in negative sentiments. If you like the blog and want to focus on the positive, then please do just that.
    Thanks!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Thanks TG, I love reading these accounts and look forward to more!

Heroic Warrior
    I love "behind the scenes" material...great idea. I'm looking forward to hearing about Teela, Granamyr, Trap-jaw and the notorious unflock/flocked mossman.

Interesting to hear the behind the scenes info from TG. I'm wondering if he'll manage to write a post about each figure (of which they are quite a few now) before the end of the year though!

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Well, it's obvious he didn't sell very well, since they sent out thousands in Mad Matty Packs. And then there is no choice but to do Megator to justify the tooling.
    Actually the initial release of Tytus sold out very quickly indeed. I assume it was the reissue that as sent out in the Mad Matty Packs.

That was a good read. Been a lurker here for 9 years but an actual member for 8 years. After the 2000X line a drifted away, I knew the MOTUC line had started and I promised myself I wouldn't get back into another toy line. I ignored the new line for a while but got sucked in!!! I'm to big a fan of the Masters to not be involved somehow. I appreciate the time Toy Guru (Scott) is taking for this. I hadn't heard any of this so its cool to me to learn just a little more about the line and Scott himself!
    Thanks Scott!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NagAAsi View Post
    There were quite a few characters that never made it into the 200X line and the original idea was to just pick up where the retail line ended and keep pumping out 200x style figures using what shared tooling we could use. Very early on, King Grayskull became the character we wanted to do as he would be a great SDCC item since he was He-Man but was not really He-Man, appealing to both hard core fans and ideally casual new buyers as well

Am I the only one ****** off about this? I mean why couldn't they finish the 200x line as planned.. Then start the new MOTUC line.?
    A lack of a budget for all of those unique sculpts is what probably prevented this. Besides, I think Classics has advantages over ALL of the old lines when it comes to customization and articulation. At first, I saw Classics as a "huge downgrade" when we had these unique sculpts in 200X, but the customization options (when it's there), articulation and all-inclusive nature of the line make it the best MOTU line yet. I think the best thing for 200X fans is for Classics to port all of the good ideas over from 200X and translate it into the Classics style. Yes, Classicized 200X characters might not match the originals in detail, but as long as they hit all of the major design bullets that make the 200X variant a worthwhile purchase, it should work out.

I mean, what's he gonna do next - release a couple of bios/package art like he does post-every-scandal?
    Heh. Well...he still has Thunder Punch He-Man, Stinkor and Slushhead.

This is why all of his favorite characters came out first, and why we even have things like Tytus, etc. - I mean, did fans ever demand anything like that in any significant number?
    Tytus is part of the mission statement of the line. Part of the success of MOTUC is making long-lost characters that past MOTU lines never produced. Queen Marlena, Shadow Weaver, Tytus, Megator, The Goddess, He-Ro, the Star Sisters, King Grayskull, Count Marzo, Faceless One, Chief Carnivus, etc. The drawback to making these missing characters is that some fans have no nostalgia for them since they never came out.

I leave you to your worship.
    Hehehe.

I'm right behind EC regarding his opinions on TG.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Can someone copy and paste and post what he said?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Widget
    I gave my 200X figures collection to my son after start collecting MOTu Classics!

But I really would like to see King Grayskull made with He-man Ice armor body! Probably it could be a great figure.

In my opinian, when day finished Motu classics, they could start a new collection with this figure... SDCC 2015 King Grayskull exclusive!!!

Ok! Its a dream like a new Masters of the universe movie

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Can someone copy and paste and post what he said?
    It's on the He-Man.org main page as a news article.

http://he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2351
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I liked the blog, and enjoyed reading some of the history on KG. I have learned a lot over time from you fellow fans and from TG. I am very happy that MOTU is available, and I hope it's here to stay. As a property and story it really deserves to.

It's pretty amazing to see how many great figures we've been able to get out of this line. When you look back, it was a small miracle it even got off the ground. What's even better is I remember thinking there's no way Mattel is touching this property after the 200x disaster!

No matter what happens in the future, it has been a really great run already and definitely something to be proud of.

Scott, this one's for you bud!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by NagAAsi View Post
    There were quite a few characters that never made it into the 200X line and the original idea was to just pick up where the retail line ended and keep pumping out 200x style figures using what shared tooling we could use. Very early on, King Grayskull became the character we wanted to do as he would be a great SDCC item since he was He-Man but was not really He-Man, appealing to both hard core fans and ideally casual new buyers as well

Am I the only one ****** off about this? I mean why couldn't they finish the 200x line as planned.. Then start the new MOTUC line.?
    I'm not angry about it but I do feel a little like I lost some very cool additions to my collection. Especially since I'm not really loving the classics line. I do own every single figure of the classics though.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Can't wait to hear TG's thoughts on the rest of the line! Great idea, I've just heard most of the background on the King before.
    END OF LINE

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    This is why all of his favorite characters came out first, and why we even have things like Tytus, etc. - I mean, did fans ever demand anything like that in any significant number? Now he's designing them (and was rewarded with the worst received MOTUC figure EVER, by a mile). All these things have hurt more than helped.
    In fairness on this point, I recall the Horsemen being just as anxious to get a crack at Tytus, and a good deal of fan support for the European only figures being released in the line.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    In fairness on this point, I recall the Horsemen being just as anxious to get a crack at Tytus, and a good deal of fan support for the European only figures being released in the line.
    These are facts.

Also, I think doing things like the giants and He-Ro and such really come from a place of "Let's do figures/characters that fans have known about for YEARS, but (most) don't have because they're crazy expensive or were never made." and I think that's logical and awesome.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Very cool, TG.

Looking forward to the next post

Yeah! I'm already jonesing for a new fix!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I seem to recall someone involved with the 2002 line (maybe our old pal Jeremy?) hinting that there was a real and humorous story behind the Smash Blade Horror back then. I wonder if TG knows the tale or can share it?

I'm always interested in the history behind the toys. My work computers are forbidden from entering the forums thanks to my being banned from the site, but my home computer can bring it up, so I'll have to check it out.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Hey folks. As suggested earlier, you're better off ignoring comments you don't agree with and/or adding that user to your Ignore list.

There's only a few comments here that criticize the blog. There's far more comments complaining about those posts. All that does is exasperate the situation.

Constructive debate is cool. But one of our guidelines is to not complain about complaints, mostly because it just mires the conversation in negative sentiments. If you like the blog and want to focus on the positive, then please do just that.
    Thanks!
    My bad! I guess I was kinda tired and cranky when I read this thread at the time. I wasn't expecting to see any negative comments in here. I'll try not to take my Matty Apologizing too far next time.

Oh and ignoring people aint my style. I just can't do that unless they completely lose their mind repeatedly.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

That was pretty awesome! I can't wait for more!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.