Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goddess refund offered!!

Goddess refund offered!!

Not sure if this has already been posted / tweeted / something'd - but I saw this and thought I'd post.

From facebook:

"MOTU Fans, as some fans know, we had a production error on the 2009 Goddess figure that caused a small portion of units to break at the leg joints. While we can no longer replace Goddess figures as she is several years old, we would be happy to refund your order if you want to return the broken figure. All returns must be accompanied by the defective product. Again, we do not have additional units to replace your figure, but we are happy to offer a refund. For help, call 1-877-GO-MATTY or email MattyCollector.CS@digitalriver​.com."

What's with all these positive changes - which is a good thing, but yes, rather suprising, in a good way

I think this is a good move by TG, its not perfect solution, but still a good one.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Not sure if this resolution hasn't already been instated but that's good news. Mine that I bought just over 2 years ago is still MOC

I hope Mattel are not gun shy with Green Goddess after everything that has happened and she gets a 2.0 release.

Is this real life?

Wow! I am speechless ...my Goddess is still ok (I do not move her) but I have to say that this is very nice surprise Toyguru rules!

I already fixed mine with a spare Teela crotch piece.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Is this real life?
    We need that guy who does those gifs to get a gif of that video.

Heroic Warrior
    So I'm not a MOC collector of my masters figure but for whatever reason didn't open Green Goddess when I first got her and after I heard of the problems with her decided not to open it. I saw this post and decided to gamble and see if my goddess figure was hopefully good and not broken. About 2 seconds after opening the package one of the legs came off so I will asking for a refund from matty. I let everyone know how it goes. I too hope for a Green Goddess reissue.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    One question:

Somebody did remember to tell DR about this,too, right?

Seriously though, I can only answer this with a story:

Once upon a time, the Fab Four made a bunch of elephants, and the factory that did the job of manufacturing them did it poorly. Parts were loose, joints were floppy, and the Four were not pleased. So they found a new factory and had a second run made, this time correctly, and then offered to replace any of the defective figures with new, non-defective ones. I recall DCD did the same thing with a wave of Crisis on Infinite Earth figures whose QC was not up to snuff. Both companies have a much smaller wallet than Mattel, especially the Horsemen, who likely took a big hit on that run.

"You know what I'm craving? A little perspective. That's it. I'd like some fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective. Can you suggest a good wine to go with that?" - Anton Ego

Offering the refund is good, but smaller companies with a lot fewer resources have done better. Just saying...
    Last edited by scott metzger; January 27, 2012 at 04:01pm.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Now what is going to happen to those who threw the Goddess away cause she was garbage 2 years ago? I I have her Spear! Could I send that back and get the refund?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I hope Mattel are not gun shy with Green Goddess after everything that has happened and she gets a 2.0 release.
    Very doubtful, she was one of the worst sellers even before the QC problems.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RafiS View Post

What's with all these positive changes - which is a good thing, but yes, rather suprising, in a good way
    TG probably realized that he's going to have a REALLY DIFFICULT time trying to sell 2013 Subs with a lack of consumer confidence. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post

Yep, don't see it happening either. They struggled to move her on the first go around, so much so that she never was even granted a re-issue and they just kept selling "service stock."

No where near popular enough for a whole nother production run. Not to mention, I've never heard about a MOC collector have issues with a cracking figure so that's just one less market to sell it to. I know I'm happy with mine and would not buy another one.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Yep, don't see it happening either. They struggled to move her on the first go around, so much so that she never was even granted a re-issue and they just kept selling "service stock."

No where near popular enough for a whole nother production run. Not to mention, I've never heard about a MOC collector have issues with a cracking figure so that's just one less market to sell it to. I know I'm happy with mine and would not buy another one.
    Ahhh, but you see there are other SKU's that could include a 2.0 Goddess, especially if it is just a repaint of a 2.0 Teela. There are 2 packs and now 3 packs that could include the Goddess with other figures.

Ahhh, but you see there are other SKU's that could include a 2.0 Goddess, especially if it is just a repaint of a 2.0 Teela. There are 2 packs and now 3 packs that could include the Goddess with other figures.
    Where do you see 2-packs and 3-packs? The TRU packs are dead and to my recollection no other 2-pack or 3-pack is planned ATM. "Not" to say that it isn't going to happen, but after the popularity of the Star Sisters along with it's massive price I've seen nothing, but negativity for the most part on how that was handled.

People certainly aren't going to be happy if a re-paint gets plopped in to a sub. spot and I'd be hard pressed to say that it would sell well out side of the sub. either.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Where do you see 2-packs and 3-packs? The TRU packs are dead and to my recollection no other 2-pack or 3-pack is planned ATM. "Not" to say that it isn't going to happen, but after the popularity of the Star Sisters along with it's massive price I've seen nothing, but negativity for the most part on how that was handled.

People certainly aren't going to be happy if a re-paint gets plopped in to a sub. spot and I'd be hard pressed to say that it would sell well out side of the sub. either.
    2 packs = army builder SKU (there is nothing to state is has to be army builders)
    3 packs = Star Sisters SKU

I never said it should be in a sub but it would make perfect sense for them to be an SDCC or travelling convention exclusive. I tend to think it would sell especially if the second figure was Oo-Larr, who is simply a He-Man re-do

I never said it should be in a sub but it would make perfect sense for them to be an SDCC or travelling convention exclusive. I tend to think it would sell especially if the second figure was Oo-Larr, who is simply a He-Man re-do

Not a bad idea, but I just think that there's too many other enticing possibilities for an exclusive then that. People tend to frown upon re-paints and re-hashes so I'm not so sure that it would do all that well.

Traveling convention piece...I guess I could some what see it w/ Oo-Larr. Throw in a comic or mini comic plus an attractive box. Possible. Not to mention multiple venues to sell it.

People would probably expect more for SDCC though, plus they'd only have a few days to sell it. I wouldn't do it there.

SDCC was just a possibility. I think you are right that it would be better served as the travelling convention exclusive, especially since the precedent has been set with a Sorceress repaint. Either way, it could be done again

And with that, this thread has gone from a news thread to a speculation thread. Sorry

I am going to try this (without the bubble packaging).

If it works, I will be SUPER GRATEFUL and I will let the issue drop.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    This is LONG OVERDUE but I'm glad Mattel is finally doing the right thing regarding the Goddess. The last time I checked, my MOSC Goddess figure was still intact. I need to check again. Has anyone heard how long they'll be honoring a refund on this figure?
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Songster's Understudy SUPERFANben's Avatar
    My Goddess thread from 2010 might not be as funny anymore:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ddess-revealed!!
    You getting a Songster figure will be my fault.

Heroic Warrior
    3 pack: Opaque green goddess with added tattoo deco's and a second head to make blonde Goddess + Oo-Lar + Purple monster = sales.

This is the crappiest piece of customer service i have ever seen offered.. Boo to you mattel for just now trying. Sure sighn this line is in deep trouble. dont exspect it to last to 2013!!!!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think it's actually very good Mattel has addressed the Goddess issues again and have finally come to a solution. I mean, it's not the best solution ever, but it's better than having a broken action figure and being out the money you paid for her (or however many you bought that broke). My one broke, but I'm going to use her for a custom. I have a few more. Hopefully none of them will break. We'll see.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah