View Poll Results: How should Madame Razz be depicted when/if she is released?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Traditional" FILMATION/COMIC stlye.

159 83.25%
  • Altered to be a sexy character, as shown in some fan art.

32 16.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If/When Madame Razz is released, what should she look like?

If/When Madame Razz is released, what should she look like?

There is a thread in the support and speculation section that asks the question of whether or not Madame Razz should come as her classic Filmation depiction or if her sex appeal should be vamped up for some reason. It seems most people are sticking with tradition but I want to put it to an official vote. I am personally biased because now that Shadow Weaver is on her way Madame Razz is my most wanted figure and I can't bear to think of her coming in any manner other than how I grew up with her! I believe most POP fans agree, but some who are not as invested in POP characters may not. We'll see!
    Last edited by Swifty; January 28, 2012 at 11:58pm.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I want her to look as if she jumped off the screen onto my shelf with Broom. No "sexification" necessary.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki:2935662
    I want her to look as if she jumped off the screen onto my shelf with Broom. No "sexification" necessary.
    For the first time, I don't agree with Uki.
    Makes me feel strange ...
    Last edited by Hek-tor; January 29, 2012 at 03:59am.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I agree. Why would they even consider changing her to make her sexy?

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hek-tor View Post
    For the first time, I don't agree with Uki.
    Makes me feel strange ...
    Same here Hek-Tor... *This is the end, my beautiful friend, the end...* LOL. Seriously, I like the sexy version of Madame Razz, such as we have seen in the fan art - looks brilliant to me. I never liked MR in PoP altogether. But to be honest, I can see no reason why they would present us with a "sexy" version, so those of you who want an exact representation should not worry at all.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Madame Razz is sexy enough as she is!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I'm totally in favour of this version of Madame Razz:

and I have absolutely no desire to spend a penny on a character I thoroughly despise:

I think it's only logical they should vamp her up, just like they beefed up Bow and the NA characters. She doesn't need to be a tall supermodel like the other PoP girls, she definitely deserves to be a unique sculpt, but the obnoxiously wacky grandma vibe has to go ... and I suggest replacing it with the mature sexyness from Bufallo Bill-Man's fan art.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Crusader; January 31, 2012 at 08:01pm.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I really love that fan art, and I think it works (except for the eyes) but really just make her "classicized" and leave it at that. Of course I dont mean share a body with the other females.

no, no, no, hell no.

She must look Filmation, making her look "sexy" is an absolutely idiotic, terrible idea.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I'm totally in favour of this version of Madame Razz:http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...BroomHiRes.jpg

and I have absolutely no desire to spent a penny on a character I thoroughly despise:
    http://www.bustatoons.com/blog_image...z_revealed.jpg

I think it's only logical they should vamp her up, just like they beefed up Bow and the NA characters. She doesn't need to be a tall supermodel like the other PoP girls, she definitely deserves to be a unique sculpt, but the obnoxiously wacky grandma vibe has to go ... and I suggest replacing it with the mature sexyness from Bufallo Bill-Man's fan art.
    I should have waited for your post and then just shout out "seconded". Ergo: seconded!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

I still don't understand why people find that art piece sexy nor do I understand why people want a grandma type character to be sexy. But I'm also confident Mattel can't and won't make a toy based on fan art. Filmation Razz (the only official/legal Razz) all of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I still don't understand why people find that art piece sexy nor do I understand why people want a grandma type character to be sexy. But I'm also confident Mattel can't and won't make a toy based on fan art. Filmation Razz (the only official/legal Razz) all of the way.
    I think a lot of it has to do with views (I would have to assume mostly by men) which place no value in female characters unless they are sexy or, as one person put it, "spilling out cleavage." I certainly have nothing against cleavage but to insist that a character who has officially only ever appeared one way to be changed because she doesn't fit into the body type of a Playboy Bunny is, in my opinion, disgustingly regressive.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I went with the fan art, looks awesome.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    filmation style that how she was originally.
    its kinda sexist to have all females to be sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I think a lot of it has to do with views (I would have to assume mostly by men) which place no value in female characters unless they are sexy or, as one person put it, "spilling out cleavage." I certainly have nothing against cleavage but to insist that a character who has officially only ever appeared one way to be changed because she doesn't fit into the body type of a Playboy Bunny is, in my opinion, disgustingly regressive.
    thank you.
    that is something that bothers me. whenever there is a woman or female character in comics, video games, cartoons what ever that is drawn. the women almost always are made to look sexy even if they are aliens, young girls or barbarian warrior chicks. that kinda wrong. not all the male characters hold to those same standards.
    Last edited by kylun flac; January 30, 2012 at 12:57am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    filmation style that how she was originally.
    its kinda sexist to have all females to be sexy.

that is something that bothers me. whenever there is a woman or female character in comics, video games, cartoons what ever that is drawn. the women almost always are made to look sexy even if they are aliens, young girls or barbarian warrior chicks. that kinda wrong. not all the male characters hold to those same standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Don't you think that's quite a hypocritical thing to say about a toyline where all the men are ripped to the extreme? Where is the average joe in MOTUC? This is comic book fantasy, for Pete's sake, get over it. Besides that delightful drawing by Buffallo Bill-Man doesn't fit in the Playboy Bunny body type either, so much for your sexist allegations ...

In my opinion, Filmation Razz is a horrible eyesore and a terrible character, fortunately MOTUC has the chance to make her into something better, as simple as that (which would probably have happened anyway if she had been redesigned during 200X). If most people want to spend 30$ on an annoying granny, so be it, but I certainly won't have that rubbish anywhere near my collection.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

prob wont buy her either way...but if i had to choose 'll take the fan creation look for her.... i dont care much for any of the filmations designs at all for any character...
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutley no "sexy" Madam Razz. I love the character but there isn't anything sexy about her. When her figure is released in MOTUC she should appear exactly as she did on the POP series. I like a lot of the fan art but I don't find them sexy. I mean look at her personality. Can you imagine a hot, volumptuous Madam Razz saying "Oh deary my!"? I can't.

Give me Filmation style , Madam Razz is like a grandmother to Adora , who wants a sexy grandmother ?

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    Don't you think that's quite a hypocritical thing to say about a toyline where all the men are ripped to the extreme?...Where is the average joe in MOTUC?
    Orko. Should he be "ripped to the extreme" as well? I mean if Madame Razz is going to be sexy, then it's only fair that Orko be a beefcake. While we're at it, let's make Man-At-Arms fat, Hordak a skinny beanpole, and Frosta a female bodybuilder.

It's cool if you hate the Madame Razz design from the cartoon. Not everybody likes the same things and you are totally entitled to express your desire for a redesign. The cartoon depiction of the character is THE iconic version though. She was in the opening credits of every She-Ra episode and featured prominently in the story. She's grandmotherly and very old with a matronly build. She's also scatterbrained, forgetful, wise and kindhearted. I don't get the desire to make her into a "sexy"-looking character. With MOTUC, I'm sure we'll get the cartoon-accurate version with perhaps some added details so I wouldn't hold your breath for a heavily redesigned Madame Razz. Just "managing expectations" to borrow a phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty
    I think a lot of it has to do with views (I would have to assume mostly by men) which place no value in female characters unless they are sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac
    whenever there is a woman or female character in comics, video games, cartoons what ever that is drawn. the women almost always are made to look sexy even if they are aliens, young girls or barbarian warrior chicks. that kinda wrong. not all the male characters hold to those same standards.
    That kind of thing burns me up. I was wicked annoyed when I heard they did that to Amanda Waller in DC. So stupid. That said, I'm sure some of the folks here simply want a redesign for Razz because they don't like how she looks on the cartoon and aren't necessarily looking for a hot GMILF action figure.

Actually if it were up to me, we'd get fat Whiplash and Ram-man, both like in the 200x toon.

Also a skinny, shorter, young Adam.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Filmation for me. the way it SEEMS, most people that want her sexy aren't fans of the character, so why not make the toy for the fans who want her? I mean to me it makes sense to try to get the widest audience you can, but it makes more sense to sell to those who are going to buy no matter what, not take a risk at alienating everyone.

I'm not the biggest PoP fan not a big fan of Razz but I don't hate her and would love to have a filmation style of her on the shelf. only issue is in this line which focuses hard on shared parts, will we get her at all?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Orko. Should he be "ripped to the extreme" as well? I mean if Madame Razz is going to be sexy, then it's only fair that Orko be a beefcake.
    Orko is not a humanoid character, so he doesn't count and neither does Gwildor, Kowl or Loo-Kee.

That said, I'm sure some of the folks here simply want a redesign for Razz because they don't like how she looks on the cartoon and aren't necessarily looking for a hot GMILF action figure.
    It's the head that grieves me the most ... and those horrid yellow eyes. I'm fine with matronly build women and I'm not advocating to redesign Razz in order to fit the regular female buck like some other people suggested. Look closely at the fan art, the big differences are in the texturing/details of the dress and the head, the bodytype itself is not all that different, only slightly more elegant. I'm sure the Horsemen could work out a satisfying solution for everyone if they would be allowed to include a second non-Filmation head and maybe some optional costume enhancements. It could be a younger version of Madame Razz before Time ravaged her looks and turned her into the gruesome old Filmation tart you all seem to love so passionately.

Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    Actually if it were up to me, we'd get fat Whiplash and Ram-man, both like in the 200x toon.

Also a skinny, shorter, young Adam.
    I'd be all for that as well. Ram Man and Whiplash could use some girth. But even though they are heavy dudes, they are not just fat ... look at those bulging muscles on 200X Ram Man, he's not a gluttonous pig like chef Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Filmation for me. the way it SEEMS, most people that want her sexy aren't fans of the character, so why not make the toy for the fans who want her? I mean to me it makes sense to try to get the widest audience you can, but it makes more sense to sell to those who are going to buy no matter what, not take a risk at alienating everyone.
    Well, those who are going to buy no matter what are the subscription holders, not the ardent Madame Razz fan club

I'm a subbed and fan of Razz as is. I love the fan art-don't get me wrong! I just don't see Mattel altering her much from her toon appearance. Shoot, go ahead and sign me up for a younger Razz from Pretheria though!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I'd be all for that as well. Ram Man and Whiplash could use some girth. But even though they are heavy dudes, they are not just fat ... look at those bulging muscles on 200X Ram Man, he's not a gluttonous pig like chef Allen.
    Whiplash doesn't just have some girth, he is definitely fat in the 200X toon, he has the same build as broadway from gargoyles, they look very similar in many ways, and if broadway's diet is of any indication, then we could fill in the gaps and say that Whplash eats a lot too.

He could get away with not having defined muscles, I wouldn't object that a tall, fat orc-looking alien with a trashing tail is dangerous, defined muscles or not.

But I prefer him having muscles, like in the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Filmation for me. the way it SEEMS, most people that want her sexy aren't fans of the character, so why not make the toy for the fans who want her?
    exactly

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    i hate the look of her. anything would be better.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!