Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BatMan 1960-fans??

BatMan 1960-fans??

Hello all!!

As many of might know the classic TV-series from the 60's, legendary BatMan. Is there any other fans? Absolutly best villains are in my list: CatWoman, played by Lee Meriwether, Olga, Queen of Kossacks, played by Anne Baxter, The Joker of course, the Egghead and The Riddler. Who/whose are your favuorites? Who was best CatWoman, Lee, Julie Newmar or Eartha Kitt?

I liked Newmar as Catwoman

and my favourite is Burgess Meredith as the Penguin.

"Somedays you just can't seem to get rid of a bomb"

I love this show. Its just a shame that it will never come out on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by nutnog View Post
    I love this show. Its just a shame that it will never come out on DVD.
    Why wouldn't we get this dvd?

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    Why wouldn't we get this dvd?
    It's right issues iirc. Fox has the rights to the show but Warner is the owner of the actual Batman trademark. Fox refuses to sell to Warner and Warner refuses to license the show.... Something like that. I like the show myself as does my fiance. I think my fav villain is the Joker and Bookworm.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

pepto bismol enthusiast Impulse's Avatar
    yeah, I miss watching it. I remember as a kid they had the reruns of it on...was it the family channel? I cant remember. Anyways as soon as the 60's movie came out on dvd I grabbed it

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    It's right issues iirc. Fox has the rights to the show but Warner is the owner of the actual Batman trademark. Fox refuses to sell to Warner and Warner refuses to license the show.... Something like that. I like the show myself as does my fiance. I think my fav villain is the Joker and Bookworm.
    I seem to remember that the estate of William Dozier, one of the producers of the show, was also involved in the dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by evil-lyn167 View Post
    Hello all!!

As many of might know the classic TV-series from the 60's, legendary BatMan. Is there any other fans? Absolutly best villains are in my list: CatWoman, played by Lee Meriwether, Olga, Queen of Kossacks, played by Anne Baxter, The Joker of course, the Egghead and The Riddler. Who/whose are your favuorites? Who was best CatWoman, Lee, Julie Newmar or Eartha Kitt?
    Oh yes, I definately love that show!
    For me Julie Newmar is by far the best catwoman of all time. *miau
    Btw. I never liked Batgirl, but the Chief and the Comisioner where great like Alfred and the "cleaning lady(forgot her name)"!

My favourite Villians were The Joker, Catwoman, The Riddler, The Penguin, King Tut and Bruce Lee as Mr. Sandman's henchman.
    Holy crap - bring that show to DVD - Please!!!
    Chuck Norris isst keinen Honig, er kaut Bienen.

my app.net account

Yes I have to agree with all of you that this show must come out as DVD!!!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I love this show. I still have all my old VHS recordings of all the episodes from The Family Channel and then fX. Great stuff!

My favorite episodes are...

The Londinium Larcenies / The Foggiest Notion / The Bloody Tower
    The Penguin Goes Straight / Not Yet, He Ain't
    Ring Around the Riddler

I enjoyed the addition of Batgirl, my favorite Catwoman was Eartha Kitt, and I of course preferred Frank Gorshin as the Riddler over John Astin.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    I always loved the POW!!!! BANG!!!!! pop ups during the fight scenes
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

I loved watching this show as a kid.

But then I read the comics, watched the Bruce Timm animated series and Tim Burton movies, and for a while I started to resent the campy nature of the 60's show.

However, recently I caught a couple of episodes and found myself enjoying it again. I guess I've realised that even though I prefer the darker Batman it's OK to have fun with the character now and then and just enjoy it.

Laissez les bon temps rou Chaz-Man's Avatar
    Since this thread seems to refer mostly to the series, and not the movie, I just wanted to point out that Lee Meriwether never actually played Catwoman in the series, only in the movie. In the series, she played King Tut's girlfriend/Hench Woman Lisa Carson.

Julie Newmar was my favorite Catwoman. She was the only one who ever showed the sexual tension with Batman. I always thought it was funny how she died in almost every episode she appeared in, but always survived (9 lives)
    Sing once again with me our strange duet.
    My power over you grows stronger yet.
    And though you turn from me,
    to glance behind,
    the Phantom of the Opera is there - inside your mind ...

HeMan.org User Profiles Thread (Please Post)

He-Man.org Member Photos

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I have to go with Julie Newmar as my favorite also. She was sexy. One of the greatest days in my life was when I met Adam West and Burt Ward. I grew up on the reruns and meeting them when I was 18 was one of my most favorite geek moments. I took a picture with them and an autograph picture of both them of together that I have hanging on my wall.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

yeah loved this show ...it was campy a lot of times but fun to watch
    its a shame there is no official dvd release in the U.S
    all we have in italy is THE MOVIE ......flawless ......and soon warner home video will release a blu ray version of the film

anyway I have seen again all the episodes only recently thanks to ebay
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Quote Originally Posted by evil-lyn167 View Post
    Hello all!!

I have to go with Julie Newmar as being one of the best Catwoman

Speaking of this series, Caesar Romero was great as The Joker.

I'm not really into superheroes but I really did enjoy enjoy this show as a kid. The 60's Batman film is still my favorite Batman movie.
    This message has been Orko Approved

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    I don't know if I am a fan, but I thought the '60s Batman was pretty funny. My only real contact with the show was the movie that came out on DVD, but if it was like that at all it was probably a riot!
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Sister Edith is in the hospital this week. She is having trouble sleeping and has requested tapes of Pastor Dave's sermons..."

Loved the show since childhood! The 'Camp Crusader' is second only to Doctor Who IMHO! Looking forward to buying the movie on Blu-ray!

i like it, but a few years ago when it was on tv i noticed that i didn't find it as enjoyable as when i was a kid. i think it usually had to do with the villains though. i liked most of the regular batman villains: joker, riddler, catwoman, etc. mr. freeze was always my favorite villain. burgess meredith was the only person i could stand as the penguin besides danny devito, but devito loses (gains?) because i didn't find that version of the character inherently annoying. i know for a fact that i COULD NOT STAND king tut!

looking at wikipedia, i'm interested in seeing some episodes with particular guest stars or villains in them. i've always known that vincent price was egghead, but i don't recall any of the episodes with him. i loved the clock king in BTAS and JLU, and while i'm sure he's portrayed waaaay differently, i'd like to see him in the 60s show. and of course, i'm dying to see bruce lee show everyone how you're SUPPOSED to fight when he made a guest appearance as kato with the green hornet

Heroic Warrior
    I love this series. I really like the addition of Batgirl in it. You can't forget Mrs. Harriet. I really don't have a favorite villian. I prefer Julie Newmar as Catwoman. I remember watching promos for the series the station would play the song "Help". I liked the 3 part episodes where the setting wasn't Gothom City.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordack View Post
    I love this series. I really like the addition of Batgirl in it. You can't forget Mrs. Harriet. I really don't have a favorite villian. I prefer Julie Newmar as Catwoman. I remember watching promos for the series the station would play the song "Help". I liked the 3 part episodes where the setting wasn't Gothom City.

I remember that episode. Gordon and O'Hara run into Bruce Wayne and Grayson on the ship, and talk about "Well, Batman was supposed to be here, but I don't see him anywhere. By the way, were all those huge crates being loaded yours? What was in them?"

"Books, Richard wanted to catch up on his reading"
    to glance behind,

He-Man.org Member Photos

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz-Man View Post
    I remember that episode. Gordon and O'Hara run into Bruce Wayne and Grayson on the ship, and talk about "Well, Batman was supposed to be here, but I don't see him anywhere. By the way, were all those huge crates being loaded yours? What was in them?"

"Books, Richard wanted to catch up on his reading"
    You have to love that the writers actually took the time to explain it

I believe he said they also packed the desk along with the books, etc. haha Gotta love millionaires!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I love this show; I grew up watching it, and it still has that great charm, plus the added level of humor that you don't get as a kid.

When TV Land did a marathon a few years ago, I taped everything...and I'm glad I did, since I seriously doubt we'll see the show on DVD any time soon, if even at all.

When I read comics now, I still hear Burgess Meredith as the Penguin; I think he'll always be my default.

I got to meet Adam West a few years ago, and I actually have to say it was a huge thrill, even if I did probably come across like a grinning idiot when I met him. Also got to talk with Julie Newmar for a while; she was a bit daffy, though.

However, for me my all-time favorite comics character is The Riddler, and that's largely due to Frank Gorshin. I actually ran into him in NYC a few years ago (about a year before he died), which was really tremendous.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post

When I read comics now, I still hear Burgess Meredith as the Penguin; I think he'll always be my default.
    Me too, and Mark Hamill is the Joker.
    to glance behind,

He-Man.org Member Photos