Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: who got a nes mini

who got a nes mini

i didn't. target and best buy only got 5 each and there were 50 people waiting in line. then i found out my walmart sold them at midnight. my walmart never has anything and they won't even sell movies until the next day when they put them out at night. i'm not a happy camper.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

i got one.

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    I just Googled what it was, as I hadn't heard of it. Very cool, but I'm surprised there's only one Mega Man game. And even though it's an "underdog" I wish Wizards & Warriors were included. In the meantime I'll just be content playing my favorite ol' NES and Super NES cartridges on my Yobos.
    Last edited by Mer-Man's Minion; November 11, 2016 at 12:42pm.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

This was a source of anger for me this morning. Last night the two local Walmarts sold 24 units and there wasn't a line at all. Get on ebay at 6am and there are tons priced anywhere from 200$ to 500$. One guys listing pick shows he didn't even leave Wal-Mart before posting it.

I freaking hate scalpers.

i didn't bother even asking my wm. they get nothing, NOTHING. so i was extremely ****** to find out they had them and sold them at midnight after reading that there were not going to be any midnight sells at the other stores.
    FEEDBACK

They are going for outrageous prices now, for that amount you can probably pick up an original NES and tons of games.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously $10,000.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-NES...oAAOSw5cNYJgQF
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

i have my original and a retro bit that plays both nes and snes. i wanted it to for convenience and to share with my son.
    FEEDBACK

I'm thinking getting a famicom Mini instead, I know someone who live in Japan and these past week I talked to him he was expecting himself to ship the device for me.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

screw it. i'm going to the dollar store and getting the $40 Sega and playing Mortal Kombat all weekend.
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    They are going for outrageous prices now, for that amount you can probably pick up an original NES and tons of games.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously $10,000.00

This disgusts me. I want to make fake accounts and buy all of them and never pay.

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    screw it. i'm going to the dollar store and getting the $40 Sega and playing Mortal Kombat all weekend.
    Wouldn't that make it the 40-dollar store?
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nope, I prefer playing on a clone with vintage cartridges.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

It appears to have broken Amazon.

It may have sold out in less than 1 second...

Holy cow...for a guy who didn't know what this was until this thread, it sounds pretty cool, but not that epic, lol.

4 pm on the dot, put it in my cart, selected my address, hit enter, and got kicked out. 5 secs and it was gone. I have no words.
    FEEDBACK

I'm not in a hurry. I'll grab one once they're a regular stock item at Amazon. I just figured I'd see if I could snag one.

I didn't think it was going to be. I thought I read that it was a limited release thing.
    FEEDBACK

I didn't think it was going to be. I thought I read that it was a limited release thing.
    Nah, its just Nintendo always being overly conservative when they release a product. Nintendo was quick to issue a statement, noting that there will be a “steady flow of additional systems throughout the holiday shopping season.”

They might be tough to get before Christmas, but there is no chance Nintendo won't keep churning them out as long as there is demand. I'd guess by Mid-Late January you'll be able to buy one anywhere at any time.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't have one yet. I hope to get one.

I guess things could be worse. It could have come out next month.

as for some of those e-bay prices. WOW!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...cid=spartanntp

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously $10,000.00

*Cough* Emulator *Cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Holy cow...for a guy who didn't know what this was until this thread, it sounds pretty cool, but not that epic, lol.
    I'm of the same mind.

I'll definitely get one... way down the road. Right now, the appeal is running high because it's something that is "retro-cool" and released just before the holidays.

Seriously, I have my original NES hooked up right next to my other consoles in my game room... if I feel the need to play any 8-bit games before picking up a mini, I'll just play my OG unit.

Nope.

This is just Nintendo. Remember the Amiibo scandal?

The thing that I don't get though, is this business strategy only really helps the scalpers and secondary markets...
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I don't even want to discuss the Amazon fiasco yesterday as I'm sure everybody knows about it. But to recap it was in stock...tried to add to my cart and nothing...empty cart. Over and over. There are now over 2500 reviews on Amazon mainly one star reviews over this. Everybody is ******. But Nintendo has claimed that they will be releasing more systems in time for Christmas. I did check out Ebay and I see the system from 300 up to $60,000. $60,000? Are you freaking kidding me? There are two for 30-some thousand dollars and I just have to say that makes me so mad. I mean what is wrong with people? It's okay if you want to make a little bit of profit but don't be such a greedy ass. Hopefully nobody is going to pay that. F---ING scalpers. Shame on you all.
    Last edited by depp76; November 12, 2016 at 03:03am.

A family member of mine got in line at a Target for me. She was 8th in line, but they only had 7. I was online right when it went on sale on Amazon. I kept on adding it to my cart, but the next page either would say "my cart was empty" or "oops". Nothing for me.

How hard is it to hook up an original Nintendo to a modern tv? I think I still have mine in a box somewhere.

Grammer Flunky
    someones conspiracy theory i read out there stated that this was their black friday gamble.

Create buzz and limited quality...then boost it by thanksgiving rush.

If so, it may have backfired as lots of people are ****** off..

What I would like is one nintendo console with EVERYTHING on it. How hard would that be to do? Only nintendo can get people in an uproar about releasing the same games we already have virtually for the 15th time in a row and cause this much of a ruckus.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    A family member of mine got in line at a Target for me. She was 8th in line, but they only had 7. I was online right when it went on sale on Amazon. I kept on adding it to my cart, but the next page either would say "my cart was empty" or "oops". Nothing for me.

How hard is it to hook up an original Nintendo to a modern tv? I think I still have mine in a box somewhere.
    It's not as hard as one might think. I have my NES, TG-16, Master System, Genesis, and SNES hooked up to a Samsung HDTV using the original AV inputs and a 5-way splitter.

Just google "how to hook a nes to an hdtv" and you'll find a bunch of great articles. Surprisingly, there are more than a few ways to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    someones conspiracy theory i read out there stated that this was their black friday gamble.

Create buzz and limited quality...then boost it by thanksgiving rush.

If so, it may have backfired as lots of people are ****** off..

What I would like is one nintendo console with EVERYTHING on it. How hard would that be to do? Only nintendo can get people in an uproar about releasing the same games we already have virtually for the 15th time in a row and cause this much of a ruckus.
    Again... *cough* Emulators *cough*

Seriously though, I totally agree with what you're saying. Even if it was only licensed Nintendo games on the system, it would be a hell of a lot more than 30. Really Nintendo, give your fans a freaking break! I downloaded Super Castlevania IV to my 3DS on Halloween for $7.99... the bad part is that I own the original cart, DL'd on my Wii, and my Wii U! I've given Nintendo money on four separate occasions for the same game!
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Grammer Flunky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown;3698661
    Seriously though, I totally agree with what you're saying. Even if it was only licensed Nintendo games on the system, it would be a [I
    hell[/I] of a lot more than 30. Really Nintendo, give your fans a freaking break! I downloaded Super Castlevania IV to my 3DS on Halloween for $7.99... the bad part is that I own the original cart, DL'd on my Wii, and my Wii U! I've given Nintendo money on four separate occasions for the same game!
    Yep, and people are getting mad like these games are not ALREADY available on multiple platforms digitally. smh.
    The Springfielding of the world ;o).

Even if they just released future SD cards with compilations, it'd be nice. they've apparently given up on the virtual console idea.