Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Thundercats action figures by Mattel

Thundercats action figures by Mattel

There is a rumor of a Matty Thundercats line??? That would be amazing!

Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Quote Originally Posted by fisto power View Post
    Awesome!!! Thundercats!!
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Court Magician
    I'm probably in the minority, but I would love it the TC line used the same male buck as MOTUC.

Awesome thunder cats finally someone will do them right I can't wait

ThunderCats by Mattel I don't know if I'm happy or sad? Definitely SHOCKED! Just when i thought I was about to wrap up toy collecting,this......
    I don't have room for another collection!!! But I gotta have my ThunderCats!!!!! (and maybe another MOTUC sub too...oh boy!)

Thundercats action figures by Mattel

Just found out that Mattel picked up the license for Thundercats action figures.

This from ToyNews International:

2015 SDCC - Thundercats Coming to Mattel with MOTU Scale Figures
    BREAKING NEWS!

Mattel has picked up the Thundercats license. They will be presenting a series of figures make in the MOTU scale. The figures will be based on the classic cartoon with Lion-O and Vulture figures spotted already. Stay tuned for more updates and images coming from SDCC 2015 as it happens.
    ......... ........

Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback

I wonder if Thundercats will be a sub kinda deal or what's there plan

Motuc scale thundercats!

They are coming according to this post

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=291&itemid=24974
    Thundercats license. They will be presenting a series of figures make in the MOTU scale. The figures will be based on the classic cartoon with Lion-O and Vulture figures spotted already. Stay tuned for more updates and images coming from SDCC 2015 as it happens.
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Mattel picks up ThunderCats 6 inch license

Hey guys,

News at SDCC is breaking that Mattel has acquired the ThunderCats license in the MOTU scale. It's preview night there so it's even possible we'll soon have pics of prototype figures. Toynewsi.com is reporting that they're spotted Lion-O and Vultureman.

It's an exciting time to be a ThunderCats fan!

Heroic Warrior
    Living in a reality where MOTUC goes on forever and ever and ever.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    They are coming according to this post

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=291&itemid=24974
    Thundercats license. They will be presenting a series of figures make in the MOTU scale. The figures will be based on the classic cartoon with Lion-O and Vulture figures spotted already. Stay tuned for more updates and images coming from SDCC 2015 as it happens.
    This is crazy awesome news, I cant contain my excitement. Really had given up on ever getting a FULL LINE,modern take on Thundercats. Just incredible!!!

Mattel producing thundercats figures is probably the greatest thing I've ever heard. I fully plan on buying 2-3 of every single thing produced for this line. I would actually buy a motuc sub this year regardless of the figures just so I can support Mattel. They have officially won me over entirely. Consider me 100% white knight from here on out.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    As excited as this makes me, haven't we heard this before around the time of SDCC? It's great, but I'll wait for pictures
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Nope we've never heard an "official" word from Mattel about getting the license, we have heard about Bandai getting the license however we all know their track record, they couldn't run a 500 foot dash let alone a toyline properly!!
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I cannot possibly be more excited for this news! I really hope they manage to get some of the cartoon characters that never made it to plastic!
    Biggest MOTUC wants - Hunga the Harpy! Dree-Elle & Yukkers, Dylamug, Colonel Blast, Twiggets, Horde Mummy and Admiral Scurvy! I am all in for the Thundercats Classics line! Hope to see Mandora, The Lunataks, Willa & Nayda, Snarfer, Turmagar, Snow Meow, Mad Bubbler, Inflamer, Demolisher, Mumm-rana, Mole Master, Claudis & Kano, Ta-She, Plutar and Quick Pick included!

sweet.. not much of a fan of TC , but i'm looking forward to check these out
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I am so excited for the Thundercats that I could almost cry. I've dreamed of a complete Thundercats Classics line for so long. I truly hope they get to do some of the characters that only featured in the cartoon ie Lunataks!
    Biggest MOTUC wants - Hunga the Harpy! Dree-Elle & Yukkers, Dylamug, Colonel Blast, Twiggets, Horde Mummy and Admiral Scurvy! I am all in for the Thundercats Classics line! Hope to see Mandora, The Lunataks, Willa & Nayda, Snarfer, Turmagar, Snow Meow, Mad Bubbler, Inflamer, Demolisher, Mumm-rana, Mole Master, Claudis & Kano, Ta-She, Plutar and Quick Pick included!

Interesting! As bulky as the characters are in the vintage cartoon they'll fit in well with the MotU Classics buck!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I have been dreaming of having a properly made Thundercats Classics line. Can't wait to see what they have planned.
    ......... ........

*My iTrader Feedback

Bitter sweet. Awesome for Thundercats fans. Horrible news for MOTU. A Thundercats sub will most definitely steal away MOTU subbers. Can't wait to get down to the exhibit hall to confirm.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

Grammer Flunky
    I'd be happier if they put as much effort to the lines they DON'T own hook line and sinker like they do heman.

It sounds awesome. I can't to see what it's like!

I wonder though if this could backfire. People could decide to start collecting TC and drop MOTUC. If Mattel offers this in a sub model like MOTUC, it could cause some fans to pick between the two and actually cost MOTU some subscribers.

Great news. I would pick up a Mumm-ra in a heartbeat.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

HUGE news...People have been on this for YEARS! So happy if it's true! This is one of the FEW lines that would translate PERFECT into the 6" MOTU style buck made by Mattel/4H men. SWEET if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    It sounds awesome. I can't to see what it's like!

I wonder though if this could backfire. People could decide to start collecting TC and drop MOTUC. If Mattel offers this in a sub model like MOTUC, it could cause some fans to pick between the two and actually cost MOTU some subscribers.
    Well, this is inevitable and was discussed even years ago that this would happen, but it's perfect timing to be honest. They need a meat and potatoes line with fresh blood. MOTUC WAS that for so long with all of the additions that Matty tried to keep as the toppings, but they all died off...Now we see it happening to MOTUC and things are on their last legs.

In the HEIGHT of MOTU this would of been terrible to have both competing for dollars, but NOW, PERFECT.

Who knows...they might not even have a 2016 MOTUC sub. lined up AND even if they did...look at the posts in the main forum...People ARE DONE at this point. I HIGHLY doubt ANY kind of full 2016 sub. would go through right now. Mini sub? sure..Could work, but not the full. Couldn't be happier. WE NEED this...and apparently so does Matty for any chance of that site surviving.

I think that MOTU fans can look at this as a blessing more then a curse. They needed something new to keep things going and with this we'll still get the MOTU items, just probably not as many. Not by themselves though. MOTUC just doesn't have the legs to do it all by itself anymore.

Heroic Warrior
    Very cool.

I'm definitely a bigger fan of MOTU, but I could be tempted to add the "core" ThunderCats to my collection (e.g. Lion-O, Cheetara, Tygra and Panthro).

I do echo other people's concerns about what a ThunderCats line would mean for the continued financial viability of MOTUC since Mattel would essentially be targeting the same, shrinking fan base.

I wonder if Mattel will also do something more with the Voltron licence? Their Lion Voltron was somewhat impressive, although let down by the juvenile "action features". It might be nice to see a more affordable and "basic" Lion Voltron from Mattel.