Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NECA 1989 Batman figures

NECA 1989 Batman figures

So this just happened

Good news, Bat-Fans! Thanks to your requests, we’ve been able to work with Warner Bros Home Video and Toys ''R'' Us to get a limited quantity of our 1989 #Batman figures into stores as a promo with the purchase of the 25th Anniversary Blu-ray! Look for it in the #NECA section of your local Toys R Us next week.

If you spot one, tweet a pic to @neca_toys and help your fellow collectors score!

** Please note: figure cannot be purchased separately

"Just happened?"

Announcement came out over a week ago.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...itemid%3D23728

Before you celebrate with "Welcome to last week!" I meant it coming to retail at TRU.

I pre-ordered the one from Ebay already and hope I don't get a jacked up one. The first 8bit one I got from BBTS had two left feet, they were nice enough to send me another one, unfortunately that one had a jacked up mask. So, with a little heat from a hair dryer, off came the feet and swappo. This had got to be the most anticipated figure for me, OF ALL TIME. If they somehow manage to do other Movie line figures, like Christopher Reeve Superman, I think I'll pass out. I KNOW ITS A PIPE DREAM, but man what a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Before you celebrate with "Welcome to last week!" I meant it coming to retail at TRU.
    Welcome to last...er...week and a half ago. Better.

Next time be more specific.

Next time I'll post an specific image about it coming to TRU with a quote from the company giving all the details tee hee hee.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Man, it seems like that figure has a really long torso...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    WB's eBay store opened with this item for pre-sale and generated so much traffic that eBay shut them down for a short time! I am so stoked for this figure!

Just goes to show that some third party toy companies can really rock a DC figure (I just hope Neca has some good QC on this one...). In comparison, Mattel's Multiverse Batman STINKS!

Anyway, I love the videogame version of the Keaton Batman, and I'm sure this one will be just as epic!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

The NES one turned out fantastic. I don't think DCC could even copy this articulation scheme, but they should. Neca has the hidden articulation mastered and this Batman is a ton of fun to pose and play with.

Even with the psychedelic colors, it's hard to ignore the 1989 sculpt and details. You're holding Michael Keaton Batman in your hands and he's fully functional.

The NES one turned out fantastic. I don't think DCC could even copy this articulation scheme, but they should. Neca has the hidden articulation mastered and this Batman is a ton of fun to pose and play with.

Even with the psychedelic colors, it's hard to ignore the 1989 sculpt and details. You're holding Michael Keaton Batman in your hands and he's fully functional.
    I love these pics SCB!!

What an awesome line of figures..... especially for those of us who grew up playing these very games!

I hope NECA keeps it going... (it looks like their next one will be the NES version of John Rambo!)

There's a Rambo and a Rocky so far and they said quite a few more planned that hasn't been revealed.

As far as movie colors, I hope to see a Batman Returns bundle. That costume was a little more detailed and unique looking, even if the same colors.

If the TRU price is $30, I might pick up a second one.

There's some amazing poseability on this figure, the only thing I think that looks slightly off with it from the pics is the whole neck piece turning with the head.

Yeah on the actual suit the head isn't ever meant to turn.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Yeah on the actual suit the head isn't ever meant to turn.
    Keaton had to lean his whole torso back to look up, as well. They could have made the torso and head all one piece and still been 100% movie accurate.

I've passed on the disco color Bats, but in the real colors, I may have to splurge (even though I don't have a Blu-Ray player). NECA really did knock this out of the park.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

So these have been spotted at TRU today. $25 and the blu-ray comes for free.

I think that's a really decent price for the figure and the films, I'd imagine TRU in the UK isn't going to have these

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    So these have been spotted at TRU today. $25 and the blu-ray comes for free.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...53d6d08f1d3f9e
    Having done the ebay preorder, at first I was a bit annoyed seeing the TRU price. But then I realized that it looks like the Blu-Ray pictured there is the standard, previous Blu-Ray release and not the new "Diamond-Luxe" edition, so I'm all good.

This is a good deal for anyone who just wants the figure and doesn't care which version of the Blu-Ray they get.

I'm looking forward to this figure and the new Blu-Ray!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

The difference in price beats driving around trying to find them. Also, the newer deluxe bluray is something want.

Well that was easy. Walked into TRU and he was hanging on the pegs. $24.99 out the door, zero mention of the blu-ray I did not want. I love the NES version, but the movie colors blow it away.

Mattel wither step up or step aside and give NECA the rights

Brave & The Bold

Dead End

Something about the headsculpt seems off or elongated...and the business with the collar is distracting...but otherwise he looks so darn cool!! Wonder if a BR Batman and Catwoman could be on the way....or a Dean Cain Superman!

I just hope the QC is as good when I get mine from the eBay store. He looks phenomenal.

Dean Cain Superman? I'd think they'd focus on using their resources to pump out Christopher Reeves and Henry Caville.

I think you can glue the emblem on his chest and still retain head movement. I'm thinking about doing it.

As far as old tv shows, a NECA version of the 90's Flash would blow my mind.

Dean Cain Superman? I'd think they'd focus on using their resources to pump out Christopher Reeves and Henry Caville.

I think you can glue the emblem on his chest and still retain head movement. I'm thinking about doing it.

As far as old tv shows, a NECA version of the 90's Flash would blow my mind.
    http://writeups.org/img/fiche/5597c.jpg
    Oh crap would that be an awesome Flash, I loved that show.

Well that was easy. Walked into TRU and he was hanging on the pegs. $24.99 out the door, zero mention of the blu-ray I did not want. I love the NES version, but the movie colors blow it away.
    SCB, did it look like TRU was pretty well stocked on these? I totally forgot about this and now I won't be able to get to my local store until tomorrow...

I hope they got PLENTY of them in stock....

I only went to one and they had two left when I got there, so no. But, I have no idea what the distribution is like. I imagine this will be made plentifully since it's a TRU exclusive, eventually.