Thread: I published a book!

I published a book!

I just wanted to announce that I have published my first novel! It's called "Ciro Saga, Book One: Hunted" and is currently available from amazon.com! (be sure to click on the links on the .org main page and help support the site!) It's currently available as a paperback, and will be coming out as an ebook by the end of the year!

From the product description:

Pregnant and heart broken, Layla Conner didn't think things could get much worse. And then Layla found herself transported from Earth to Ciro, a world in terrible danger. Gathered by an ancient evil, the collective called the Ten Fists have unleashed their wickedness upon all that oppose them. Armies are crushed, villages burn, and kingdoms fall at their might. With the death of Prince Alan, believed to have been Ciro's last hope, times have never seemed darker. Yet, deep in the lawless realm called the Wilds, a plan is devised - a final, desperate plan to save Ciro and defeat the Ten Fists and their dark master once and for all. Layla’s fate becomes intertwined with that of Ciro itself as she learns that her unborn child is the key to ending the rising threat. Hunted by the enemy and protected by a warrior named Ronson the Mighty, the two of them must cross strange, dangerous lands, encountering enemies and allies at every turn. As Layla must come to terms with what is happening to her, she is faced with the ultimate decision: return to the safety of her home world or stay and fight for the survival of a world she’s never known. But Layla will find that there is far more to Ciro – and herself – than she first thought . . .

There are some winks and nods to He-Man in there. Eternia inspired a lot of the world-building. The book has sorcery, robots, zombies, Goblins, and more!

Creating and publishing this book has been a dream come true! Check it out!

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

Hordak's Pupil General Stingrad's Avatar
    Congrats Kevin that is awesome *high five*
    Etheria will be mine!

Congrats! I hope that it is successful.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Wow, congratulations!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Master of New Adventures!
    Sounds simply fabulous. Congrats. Who is your publisher?

From one author to another, congrats! How difficult was it to get agented? Or is it self-published? (In which case, how difficult was that?)
    Of course the hard part is sitting down and writing--and you finished! That is a feat worth celebrating!
    Follow my exploits in writing!
    writermyke.wordpress.com
    facebook.com/writermyke

Congratulations!

Thank you!

I actually self-published through Amazon's createspace. The process wasn't too harrowing -- you just have to be responsible for everything, from cover art, to editing, to marketing. They do offer some services, but it's pricy. But I highly recommend self-publishing! It's worth the time and it allows you to get your work out there without dealing with overloaded publishing houses and agents. You might not reach the same level of distribution as a big box publisher, but you might get lucky.

I really feel like self-publishing is going to really start competing with publishing houses.
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor