Thread: 25th anniversary TMNT the Movie

Heroic Warrior

25th anniversary TMNT the Movie

Had a relative back in the day , he must've seen it like 50 times

So bummed out I never saw it in the cinema , I missed out
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It was playing quite a bit when the new film came out, so I got to see it again a few times. While the costumes date the film, I still found it far superior to the new one. They actually took time to develop the characters, April came across as a much stronger character, Casey stole every scene he was in, and all the Turtles had well defined personalities. Everyone was relatable, and it was fun without being too silly. For me, it's a film that still holds up well.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    It was playing quite a bit when the new film came out, so I got to see it again a few times. While the costumes date the film, I still found it far superior to the new one. They actually took time to develop the characters, April came across as a much stronger character, Casey stole every scene he was in, and all the Turtles had well defined personalities. Everyone was relatable, and it was fun without being too silly. For me, it's a film that still holds up well.
    that's cause it was done by people who care... and a director who wanted to copy the original mirage look as much as possible. when turtles 2 came along, they had less of a say i nthings and nothing by the time 3 came out.

This new TMNT movie is done for a cash grab given to the lowest common mouth breathers available. it still pains me it made as much money as it did.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Hard to believe it's been this long To be fair, I liked the look of the Turtles in the new movie better, but like others have said--the characters were more developed in the classic movie.

Heroic Warrior
    It was the movie I made my girlfriend(now my wife) watch on our fourth date. I love the movie...my wife not do much. It was the last super hero like movie she watched with me. When my daughter is older I will make her watch it with me too. Lived it as a kid and still do.

The new movie was awful. I didn't like the look of the turtles at all.

I always enjoyed the second one more for some reason though. I am told I am crazy often.

Honestly, if I saw this in the theater, I can't remember! I know I watched the video a million times, along with the second one. As cheesy as the second one was, I'll always love it.

But yeah, dat first one! Lines from that friggin' movie are burned into my brain, and I'll always remember how to spell "turtle" from T-U-R-T-L-E POWER. I always remember that song as mistakenly labeling Raphael as "the leader of the group." I had the whole soundtrack to this on cassette and I'm pretty sure I listened to it before going to bed, so...so many nights.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I remember seeing this one in the theater very well. The jokes were so funny, esp. Casey & Donatello swapping alphabetical insults. The characters were more believable than in the 2014 film (which I believe merged the comic with the first animated series & changed the origin). It's also the first movie my baby sister saw, and she liked it.
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh