Thread: SUPER7 And the THUNDERCATS License....

SUPER7 And the THUNDERCATS License....

Let's imagine that all systems are GO, and SUPER 7 gets the 'CATS license. I'm wondering if those characters will also be sold in sets of 4 like MOTUC?

Thoughts? Predictions? Wish lists?
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    Dougie Downer here:You can bet they'll be expensive. so start saving up. especially if you are collection the Masters figures.

Midor here:If it was made in vintage form then I want it in a super 7 form

Will they use the masters model to sell them? I don't know.

Grune and Jaga seem extremely likely as they've probably already had some work done on them. Mongor would be my dream figure. Next I'd go for Monkian or Slithe but I realize this would make the wave very villians heavy so maybe go for Cheetara or Bengali instead.

My dream line would include:
    Jaga
    Spirit of Jaga
    Cheetara
    Tygra
    Bengali
    Lynx-O
    Snarf (pack in)
    Grune
    Mumm-Ra
    Pumm-Ra
    Slithe
    Monkian
    Vultureman
    Ratar-O
    Mongor
    Hammerhand
    Snowman
    Snowmeow
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

I most want to see Jaga, Vultureman, Ssslythe, Monkian, Cheetra, Tygra, and Mumm-Ra. Bengali, Lynx-O, and Snarf to round it out to an even 10.

So if they do waves of 4, I'm guessing those 10 would be distributed over more than 3 waves because they're the big names. Strangely I feel like Jaga (with his two versions), Bengali, Tygra, and Lynx-O reuse more parts than many smaller-ranked characters. Hachiman and Snowman for example would need more new parts than them. A one-off like Mongor would probably be easier to do (at least he had an action figure). Heck, Snowmeow would be easier to make than Snowman. Pumm-Ra and Mandora would be easier too, and cool to have as well, so they could well appear early in the line. However Super7 handles this will be interesting IMO, so I hope we see something by the end of the year.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Is it just me, or are there a lot more unique molds and parts needed for the THUNDERCATS? That's probably not a good thing.

I really want this to happen, but it's going to defeat the purpose if the CATS end up costing 40+ bucks a piece before shipping. Keep in mind, that's not based on anything in particular....it's just a possibility.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; May 20, 2017 at 02:28pm.
    Odd Man Out

I personally believe that S7 can either drag out the line or keep it short and sweet. It all depends on their timing of release. Remember - with the very recent preorders going up at the same time (I honestly thought they'd be separated by at least a month or 2), adding a third sub to that for TC would be disastrous and one of the lines will certainly sink the moment that happens. I've already read many comments from people who chose either CC or CG purely because of the timing. (But I have to say if it weren't for the payment plan I probably would'nt have been able to get the figures I wanted so kudos to S7 for that awesome option!!)

That said, if they were to even out the preorders for TC and the other 2 sub options, I think the line could be a massive success. So it all depends on what S7's goal is: to get the core lineup out quickly, or to invest in this line as MOTUC has done these past hundred years.... (it sure feels like forever even though I only started collecting this past December!!! ) Either way, this is what I think will happen, with the odd con exclusive making the line easier to collect. To have a decent and still enticing lineup, I suspect it will look something like this:

YEAR 1
    Con exclusive - Red Lion-O & Mamutt

Wave 1
    Cheetara
    Monkian
    Bengali
    Mumm-Ra the Ever Living

Wave 2
    Vultureman
    Lynx-O
    Jaga
    Grune

YEAR 2
    Con exclusive - Young Lion-O Snarf

Wave 3
    Tygra
    Slithe
    Ratar-O
    Willa

Wave 4
    Snowman
    Claudus
    Nayda
    Pumm-Ra

YEAR 3
    Con exclusive - Luna & Amok

Wave 5
    Chilla
    Alluro
    Red Eye
    Tug-Mug

Wave 6
    Mandora
    Captain Shiner
    Captain Cracker
    Mongor

YEAR 4
    Con exclusive - Berbils 3 pack

Wave 7
    Driller
    Stinger
    Mad Bubbler
    Jagara

Wave 8
    Safari Joe
    Wizz-Ra
    Hachiman
    Ratilla

YEAR 5
    Con exclusive - Snarfer, Snarf Eggbert, Snarf Oswald 3pack

Wave 9
    Top Spinner
    Hammerhand
    Cruncher
    Rambam

Wave 10
    Mole Master
    Ta-she
    Queen Luna
    Mumm-Rana

OTHER BEAST exclusives
    Snowmeow
    Astral Moat Monster
    Tongue-a-sauros

I'm sure I missed a few characters, but I really hope these get made. That would mean we'll be sorted with all the figures ever made, never made and highly sought after. Then again, it all depends on how S7 will mix up these waves as to what their end goal is. I know there are other prototypes for other Berserkers like Quick Jaws and Canon Blaster, they could perhaps also get made as an exclusive tie in for the Berserkers, but I doubt we'll get that far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Is it just me, or are there a lot more unique molds and parts needed for the THUNDERCATS? That's probably not a good thing.

I really want this to happen, but it's going to defeat the purpose if the CATS end up costing 40+ bucks a piece before shipping. Keep in mind, that's not based on anything in particular....it's just a possibility.
    I fear you may be right with them requiring a lot of unique molds. And I agree that the cost might go up because of that. I just hope it stays below $45. Either way, I hope that we at least get the first 3 waves (or 4) and if we're lucky maybe 5 and 6. I honestly hope that the cost doesn't put people off as it would be sad if we only got halfway through the first 2 waves before it is cancelled.
    Love the new Filmation figures by S7. Fingers crossed they announce ThunderCats at SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    I personally believe that S7 can either drag out the line or keep it short and sweet. It all depends on their timing of release.
    You made at least 50 good points with what you said.

Here's my opinion: THUNDERCATS has already failed twice. It's a miracle that MATTEL picked up the license, and it's yet another miracle that SUPER 7 decided to try and keep it going for a fourth try. There's a damm good chance they will be more expensive than MOTU because of the unique molds. The CATS have the odds stacked against them.

I say they should stick to A-Listers, and space them out. If they offer them too close together, many people may just skip them in favor of MOTU. Let's face it...MOTU is more popular than the CATS. That's not a criticism, it's just fact.

If it's handled correctly, I see no reason why we cannot see SLYTHE, MONKIAN, VULTURE MAN, CHEETARA, TYGRA, JAGA, and GRUNE. If it can go past that, then so be it.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; May 22, 2017 at 04:48pm.
    Odd Man Out

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    If they do release them in groups of 4, I REALLY hope that they get their scheduling worked out going forward to stagger out the releases of the sets of 4 MOTU figures (instead of releasing two sets at once) and any sets of Thundercats so they aren't all hitting at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    You made at least 50 good points with what you said.

Here's my opinion: THUNDERCATS has already failed twice. It's a miracle that MATTEL picked up the license, and it's yet another miracle that SUPER 7 decided to try and keep it going for a fourth try. There's a damm good chance they will be more expensive than MOTU because of the unique molds. The CATS have the odds stacked against them.

I say they should stick to A-Listers, and space them out. If they offer them too close together, many people may just skip them in favor of MOTU. Let's face it...MOTU is more popular than the CATS. That's not a criticism, it's just fact.

If it's handled correctly, I see no reason why we cannot see SLYTHE, MONKIAN, VULTURE MAN, CHEETARA, TYGRA, JAGA, and GRUNE. If it can go past that, then so be it.
    Yeah, let's get the main cast out of the way so we know that we at least have the basics if the line ends!

I also wouldn't mind the waves being themed around specific groups of characters, rather than a random mix from various "factions."

For instance, maybe have a wave that rounds out the main original Thundercats team with Tygra, Cheetara, and Jaga. Maybe they can find a way to work Snarf into that as well. He could either come with some other small character (maybe a Berbil or something), or maybe some cool accessories or something for the line in general.

They could round-out the main villains with a wave of Mumm-Ra (in everliving form), Slithe, Monkian, and Vultureman.

They could release the remaining two "new" Thundercats and the Lunataks over a couple of waves. Maybe have each come with one new Thundercat (Lynxo or Bengali), and 3 Lunataks.... with one wave having likely as a deluxe figure set, small Luna packed with Amok counting as "one figure," the other wave having Luna in her full sized form, and the remaining four Lunataks being split up between the two waves.

These are just some examples. Obviously things may not always work out into perfect groups of 4, so there may need to be a random character that falls outside of the "theme" being mixed in with a wave of other characters that go together, or just have the occasional random wave of characters as needed.

But it would be cool if they could do it that way. This way, in the event of the line being suddenly canceled, at least we are more likely to have full sets of various teams/factions that they do get to than if they split them all up and spread them over time, resulting in possibly several instances of a group missing a character or two.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Wave 1 should be Cheetara, Tygra, Slythe, and Monkian. One of them needs a pack in Snarf and another needs a pack in Ma-mutt. SDCC Glow in the dark Jaga. That would be my dream line up so if they do well we get more and if they don't at least the main lineup is complete.

As much as I'm dying, dying, DYING to get the Lunattaks in action figure form, I'm ready to let that dream go. My gut tells me that if Super7 go the route of doing 4-figure waves comprised of A+B+C+D-listers, the line will die and we'll be left (yet again) with an incomplete roster of ThunderCats.

They need to hit the A-listers hard and fast. Yes, this may doom the likes of the Lunattaks, Berzerkers, or Third Earth allies from ever seeing the light of day, but it's still probably the best course of action. For the line to succeed, the waves really need to look like this:

1. Jaga, Cheetara, Ssslithe, Grune
    2. Tygra, Lynx-O, Monkian, Mumm-Ra
    3. Bengali, Vultureman, Rataro, Ma-Mutt/Snarf

If Super7 can get all of the above into our grubby paws, then the line is a success.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS ENCYCLOPEDIA
    Featuring bios, powers, weaknesses, stats, pictures and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I'm wondering if it's possible to offer them just 2, or even 1 at a time. That's probably not possible, but again....I worry about them being more expensive, plus solicited alongside MOTU CLASSICS. And let's not forget that the Vintage line will start up sometime soon. Not everybody has unlimited money to blow on these things.
    Odd Man Out

Barring any unforeseen financial setbacks, I would buy every Thundercat Super7 puts out! I can imagine the first line up being something like Jaga, Grune, Mumm-ra, Cheetara. I'm good with them just putting out the A listers, but my dream would be to have every character that got a figure in the 80s, plus Lunataks and some of the other important cartoon characters like Mandora, Willa, Snarfer, etc. Regardless, I'll be pleased just to have the main line up completed though!
    Biggest MOTUC wants - Hunga the Harpy! Dree-Elle & Yukkers, Dylamug, Colonel Blast, Twiggets, Horde Mummy and Admiral Scurvy! I am all in for the Thundercats Classics line! Hope to see Mandora, The Lunataks, Willa & Nayda, Snarfer, Turmagar, Snow Meow, Mad Bubbler, Inflamer, Demolisher, Mumm-rana, Mole Master, Claudis & Kano, Ta-She, Plutar and Quick Pick included!