Thread: What IS That?!?!

Heroic Warrior

What IS That?!?!

Ok... This one may be a bit trickier as I have no picture.

I was wandering around a flea market today and saw something pretty awesome.

It was a bipedal figure, I would guess about 12-15 inches tall. It had a triceratops head with a hinged jaw that would open. Seemed to either be wearing some kind of armor or possibly cyborg.

It's right claw was translucent orange and seemed to be like it was on fire... and on it's back was twin... 'things'. Silver in color, if I were to GUESS, I would say they were Jetpack engines? They were kind of on swivels, and at first guess I was thinking laser blasters, but I don't think they would aim well for that... so I'm leaning toward jetpack.

Now... Honestly, at first glance, this amazing piece of awesomeness seemed to combine EVERYTHING I ever loved into one sweet looking action figure. Would have LOVED to have He-man fight THIS beastie as a kid... But really, I never heard of this line or recognized it in the slightest...

(Ohhhh and just when I thought it couldn't get any cooler... reexamining the mouth made it look like there was a rocket hole in his mouth.... sooooo yeah. possibly add 'fire breathing' to the cyborg/armored giant dinosaur with a jetpack....

Looks difficult for me to solve, phantom1592.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

You didn't buy it?!

Heroic Warrior
    Dinosaurs for Hire and Dinosaucers both had orange, bipedal triceratops characters. I don't think DFH ever had a toyline, though...

Extreme Dinosaurs maybe? There was a Triceratops called Spike
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Dinosaucers never had a toyline.

Triceratons from TMNT tend to be orange but I am not sure of any that were made at that scale.

Slag of the Dinobots sometimes has a firebreathing feature, but not sure of any of him that don't have the ability to transform and at that size.
    Last edited by wyldman11; July 29, 2014 at 10:23am.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

There was another knock off line that was called Mighty Warsaurus. That could be it, but they were only 4 inches tall
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Yup, without pictures it's going to be nigh impossible to know what you saw.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Extreme Dinosaurs maybe? There was a Triceratops called Spike
    Closest I can make of what was described as well. Here's a link to Spike. There was also a second version, apparently.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it's kind of fun that we don't have picture. I mean, this isn't some generic army man or barbarian.

This is a 12-15 inch bipedal cyborg triceratops with an orange translucent hand and rocket firing mouth. That's pretty specific. It's big. I'm no toy expert, but I know a lot of useless toy and pop culture trivia, and I'm stumped.

Did this thing look vintage, or newer?

There was another collection from Bandai that was called DinoZaurs and triceratops was called Drago Ceratops, but was a sort of dinobot and they have some translucent parts. There was another one with a name like Toro Dino or Dino Steranko

My feedback thread

It's this guy. Got him for a deep discount as the line ended. He's pretty awesome.
    http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Fi...Figure_Box.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Dinosaucers never had a toyline.
    Not quite, but it might as well not have.
    http://www.toyarchive.com/Dinosaucer...onFigures.html

Heroic Warrior
    YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

THAT was it!!!!

I had NO idea that it should have had wings.... That thing just gets COOLER!!!!