Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

MTV Geek just dropped a ton of photos of Playmates upcoming new TMNT figures! Finally!

First up, TMNT Classics! Based on the look of the characters in the classic cartoon!
    http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/02/01/...ction-figures/

And then, the new stuff! I really like the look of these guys!
    http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/02/01/...-of-tmnt-toys/
    And, GIANT SEWER HOME PLAYSET! YES!

What do you guys think? I'm stoked!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

That sewer is HUGE!

Those Classics figures look amazing! If they have even close to that quality in-hand they'll be the best new line of this year.

I like it a lot.

I LOVE seeing a company take a chance on a big playset, seems a bit thin, but the size is great! and it's a PLAYSET!!
    I actually like the look of the new turtles, the classics are cool but I may prefer these new guys (just wish they had the same articulation)

I think I'll collect the new guys I do like the classics but they lack detail - cartoon accurate no doubt but for these guys I'd want more textrue) I may get them though, but I will for sure get the new guys and the main characters likely zero variants.
    Last edited by krosfyah; February 1, 2012 at 12:52pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

My wallet just let out a "yeep" sound. The new figures look really great. I will be getting both the Classics and the new toys. The vehicles and play set are over the top. Playmates surprised me here, and blew away my expectations. Lets hope it just gets fleshed out. Thanks Dan.

Those Classics are awesome, I am hoping those get a good retail push and don't require going through a limited order on a website.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Oh no! No.. No... No.... NO!!!!! This is going to be VERY BAD for my wallet!

I'm definately going to want to get the classic figures. Those are looking rather cool. Hopefully they will be well staggered over time.

The new line is looking cool, though I doubt I will collect it, at least not fully. They look cool, but I can't see starting a completely new line. The playset is tempting though! I wouldn't mind getting it and displaying some of my vintage figures with it or something, assuming they will be compatible. I'm not sure how well the new classics figures will work with it since they are of a different scale than the other new line figures.

I would like to see a better picture of the new line's Shredder figure, though. He's in the playset picture and looks pretty cool from what I can tell there. I may get him and a few other core characters if I get any at all.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

The new line Turtles are really nice - way better than I expected. I may have ti get them.

But seeing them still makes me sad that the NECA line is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    The new line Turtles are really nice - way better than I expected. I may have ti get them.

indeed, LOVED those comic accvurate sculpts, I still want that shredder
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    The classics line looks great but I'm not too wild about the new style turtles. Though if you look close at the playset picture you can get a glimpse of Shredder, Splinter, Foot Soldier and April. Shredder and Foot Soldier look okay, need to see better pics to pass final judgement. Splinter seems a bit off to me, looks more like a fox than a rat. Can't get a great look at April but from what I can see she's cute, I'll probably pick her up. (It's April O'Neil, you'd have to go out of your way to make her not look good!)

That playset looks bigger than the towers of Eternia.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Man, I can't stop staring at these! Like the rest of you, my wallet is going to be crying! I'm definitely picking up the Classics and the new line!

The Classics just look incredible. Actual cartoon accurate Turtles, for the first time ever! This is great, and I hope they do some of the baddies in this line as well!

I LOVE the new designs! I like how these figures are a mixture of the new cartoon adn new comic book. I hope the final product looks as well detailed as these! And I love the new vehicle, and that massive playset will be mine! No idea where I'll be putting it...but I'm buying it!

Oh man, I'm with you dude! The demise of the NECA line is one of the saddest toy relatd incidents for me. I LOVED their line, and really wish we would have got the Shredder and Foot Soldiers we were shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    that massive playset will be mine! No idea where I'll be putting it...but I'm buying it!
    Yup, same boat, I had to put my joe play sets and vehicles in storage to make room for our daughter's toys, luckily she likes to play with my MOTUC and she may like TMNT (crossing fingers), sooo I may get away with it.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    The Classics just look incredible. Actual cartoon accurate Turtles, for the first time ever!
    Yeah, it's about friggin' time, too. Those "Toon Turtles" that they made in the original line didn't look right. They were like really goofy over-exaggerations of the cartoon looks, and overly happy in a "candy land" kind of way. These actually look right!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

OMG I LOVE THE NEW ONES. Crap! Crap crap crap! I echo everyone's comment about the wallet hurting. I just heard mine scream; I friggin' love everything about these.

One point, however: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let the Foot Soldiers and Shredder have minimal articulation. The turtles look fantastic, but they always forget to articulate thier bad guys. Please guys! Don't fail me here. Make this THE TMNT toyline. It already looks great, just push it a tiny bit more by making the bad guys cool too!

On to the classics, however: Eh. Certainly look cool and like they jumped right out of the cartoon/toyline, but WAY too much articulation. The hands...oh god don't copy what Marvel Legends did with articulated hands!! They need to be able to hold thier weapons! Don't do that, please! Articulated fingers have rarely ever worked out.
    Last edited by Alexx; February 1, 2012 at 01:21pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Good grief! My bank account is recovering from the MOTU and now they throw the Classics TMNT into the mix? Food or toys? I think I'll have to eat Roma noodles for a while.

Man, I can't stop staring at these! Like the rest of you, my wallet is going to be crying! I'm definitely picking up the Classics and the new line!

The Classics just look incredible. Actual cartoon accurate Turtles, for the first time ever! This is great, and I hope they do some of the baddies in this line as well!

I LOVE the new designs! I like how these figures are a mixture of the new cartoon adn new comic book. I hope the final product looks as well detailed as these! And I love the new vehicle, and that massive playset will be mine! No idea where I'll be putting it...but I'm buying it!
    I think the classics look great, but I have no interest in them. I used to watch the cartoon, but I also bought the original comic from Day 1 (I remember being blown away by TMNT #1 at my LCS on street date), so those are MY Turtles. And the new line looks "comic enough" for me to get at least the 4 Turtles - and I love that they don't share parts and actually are different sizes. The Deluxe ones on the other hand look kind of awful...

Oh man, I'm with you dude! The demise of the NECA line is one of the saddest toy relatd incidents for me. I LOVED their line, and really wish we would have got the Shredder and Foot Soldiers we were shown.
    So sad... What could/should have been:

2720198267_7267e3722c_o.jpg

3282893484_ddf92661c1_o.jpg

3282893472_2eee824c36_o.jpg

Oh man...I hate looking at those pictures. *tear*

I love the old comics, but I'm young enough (well, I'm 29...) that my first exposure to TMNT was the original cartoon. So while I've definitely become an fan of TMNT in general, and LOVE the old comics, the original cartoon will always be special to me, much like Filmation He-Man.

The fact the the new series figures are in different scales with each other to show their height differences, and are each a 100% new tool without shared parts is amazing! Well done, Playmates!

Oh man...I hate looking at those pictures. *tear*

I love the old comics, but I'm young enough (well, I'm 29...) that my first exposure to TMNT was the original cartoon. So while I've definitely become an fan of TMNT in general, and LOVE the old comics, the original cartoon will always be special to me, much like Filmation He-Man. !
    I am old enough to remember buying the comic and the 1985 RPG by Palladium Books, and vividly remember the cartoon.

But the classics make me feel the same way MOTUC does. It just clicks as being "right" so I am all in for that line
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

If I collect anything from TMNT, it's going to be the Classics line since the 80's toon will always be my favorite incarnation of that franchise.

Glad to see that Playmates isn't afraid of doing large playsets. Way to one-up Mattel!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    So sad... What could/should have been:
    Yeah, as long as I get some cool ass looking Shredder, Foot members and Krang, that's all I really care about. And the Shredder in the playset pic doesn't do it for me...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    ...and the 1985 RPG by Palladium Books...
    I played the heck out of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yeah, as long as I get some cool ass looking Shredder, Foot members and Krang, that's all I really care about. And the Shredder in the playset pic doesn't do it for me...
    Yeah, classics Shredder is gona be the one I'm lookin' out for. The turtles look cool, but the articulated fingers are probably not gona work. If they do that with Shredder...ugh. We'll see; it could work, but I doubt it. I hope Shredder just has normal hands. Anyway, him and the Foot are big ones for me too! Krang should certainly be interesting; I wonder if they'll break for a full-sized robot body or just do the old smaller leg machine. I'd be happy with either one, honestly.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

LOVE THEM!

I've been waiting to see images for ages and they are living up to the early descriptions that we got.
    I'll be collecting both series (but not those electronic ones).

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    ...the 1985 RPG by Palladium Books
    I think I spent all of Gr 6 english class creating characters for that game.

Who the heck is on the black dragon cycle? That isn't Splinter is it?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Krang should certainly be interesting; I wonder if they'll break for a full-sized robot body or just do the old smaller leg machine. I'd be happy with either one, honestly.
    He better be a full-sized articulated robot body with removeable Krang!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!