Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Wait...did he say those figures were 10" - 11" tall? Uh oh...

If that's true, I'm not real fond of that scale. That's HUGE!

Though they didn't look that big sitting next to him...maybe he made a mistake?
    10"!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh...who am I kidding? I'll still be buy them.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Ok, I think that video may be edited wrong. As Sallah just pointed out to me on Twitter, when he's talking about the 10" - 11" scale with opening shells, he's showing the Nicktoons versions. not the Classics. Just look at the elbow pads, etc.

So I think the Classics are actually 6".

At least I hope.
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; February 1, 2012 at 05:12pm.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Wait...did he say those figures were 10" - 11" tall? Uh oh...

If that's true, I'm not real fond of that scale. That's HUGE!

Though they didn't look that big sitting next to him...maybe he made a mistake?
    I really hope so! At first look I was so excited seeing these, but at 10-11" they are a pass. Didn't they learn from Bandai's 8" scale mistake? So please Playmates, ditch the 10" scale and make them 5-6"

I'd like to see Splinter, April O'Neill, Shredder, Krang and Rocksteady and Bebop at the very least! But again has to be under 7"!

As for the new series figures, they look really BAD! Krang is the worst as the Android body looks too small for him! I won't even start on the awful simplistic design of it! Splinter doesn't look like a rat anymore and the style of the Turtles isn't my thing. The hard edge angry looking style used for the relaunches since 1996 I've disliked. I guess the comics just ain't my thing.

I prefer the carrtoon looks from 1988 and those are the only TMNT I'd collect, but not at 10" scale! Think I'll wait it out on these until they get the scale right AND announce a 2nd wave of villians before buying...
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Ok, I think that video may be edited wrong. As Sallah just pointed out to me on Twitter, when he's talking about the 10" - 11" scale with opening shells, he's showing the Nicktoons versions. not the Classics. Just look at the elbow pads, etc.

So I think the Classics are actually 6".

At least I hope.
    I think you're right. Panic averted for the time being. Hopefully there'll be some news soon from Playmates to clear it up.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I just got a Tweet from @lemonjuicemcgee (a toy reviewer for MTV Geek.) He says that the Classics ARE 6" figures, and that the 10" ones the guys was talking about are actually going to be TRU Exlcsuives.

So I'm sticking by what I said above about that video just being edited incorrectly, and thus giving us confusing information.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Both of these series blow the thundercats "classics" out of the water in terms of sculpting. And the Classics also have way better articulation.

Playmates outdoing Bandai on articulation?

WE'RE THROUGH THE LOOKING-GLASS HERE, PEOPLE!

Crappola! I was SOO excited for the Classics figures until I found out how big they are. I'll probably still buy them, though. NVM...just saw Dan's post. I hope they do release 6" scale.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

I want them all. 10" to 11" TMNT? Sounds like 1/6 which would be incredible but too bad the shell opening would kill any chance of mid-torso articulation. I'm not that upset that they're the goofy Turtles with their initials on their belts. I'd like to see how Playmates would handle classic versions of the original Turtles like the Neca line.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    *waits for MGM to start pushing for the 2003 Turtles*
    In TMNT's case, I like the Eastman and Laird versions best. The 2003 TMNT was a great show that mixed the toyetic 80's Turtles with the mentality and world of the comic based Turtles. The first five episodes of the Fred Wolf turtles were pretty good too--I'm happy to see that look on the faces. It's the later episodes that got a little corny to me, although I did like some of the characters. I DO want to see other characters look like in Classics--like April, Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady. Cartoon looking Leatherhead and Rat King would look awesome too.

I think NECA's TMNT can't be beat. However, that line ended before we could get Shredder and his Foot Ninja. Now if we could get TMNT from other eras, that would be sweet too!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I almost forgot they were still in business and then found out the Robotech RPG line was still going and got the Shadow Chronicles RPG for Christmas.
    They are still in business, but they crank out stuff ULTRA slowly.
    http://palladiumbooks.com/

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I am very excited to finally see these. One of my biggest toy wishlists was to see fully articulated Ninja Turtles.

I am on board with the classics but I don't just want to see the turtles. A fully articulated, show accurate Shredder, Casey Jones, Bebop and Rocksteady are more important to me. The potential for this line is almost on par with MOTUC, especially if they take some of the cooler figures from 2003 like Hun, plus the characters like Muckman and Joe Eyeball, Scratch, etc. and include them in this new line.

Can you imagine a Tytus sized Android body and in scale Krang?

I'm excited

I just got a Tweet from @lemonjuicemcgee (a toy reviewer for MTV Geek.) He says that the Classics ARE 6" figures, and that the 10" ones the guys was talking about are actually going to be TRU Exlcsuives.

So I'm sticking by what I said above about that video just being edited incorrectly, and thus giving us confusing information.
    Thanks for clearing that up Dan!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    oo.

I think NECA's TMNT can't be beat. However, that line ended before we could get Shredder and his Foot Ninja.
    And eventually we would've got this...

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I never thought I'd be excited for a TMNT figure line since the first one ended! The Classics are kinda "meh" but the new line looks really solid.

Any word on when these will potentially street?

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    New Splinter: he looks more like a kangaroo than a rat.

New Shredder: Very 2003 Shredder like (please for the love of all things good and decent do not make him an Utrom this time!) I like Shredder to have a cape though. The sound Shredder seems to have one but it looks like very hard plastic.

New April: How old is she supposed to be? She looks like a teenager. Still cute though, (like I said it's hard to make April not look good)

New Krang: Krang himself looks pretty good but his robot body seems a little bare.

I hope the classics line continues past the turtles so we can get classics of Shredder, April, Splinter, and so on. I'm glad the normal line is 6", I couldn't do a 10" line. Though I would gladly buy a 10" April. Hell who am I kidding? I'd buy a life size April. I always have and always will love her.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    I never thought I'd be excited for a TMNT figure line since the first one ended! The Classics are kinda "meh" but the new line looks really solid.

Any word on when these will potentially street?
    Since they already have package samples and carded figure examples I would wager a full debut at Toy Fair in a few weeks and then on the shelf between August-September to coincide with the show being on the air. It could be Spring since they have been working on this line for a while and Bandai showed how quickly you can go from showing new figures to putting them on shelves with Thundercats
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I wonder if Playmates will actually allow us international fans to get these from e-tailers if they don't do a worldwide release?

I want to do my part to help make TMNTC a success so I can get the rest of the figures I want

New figures look very nice. Glad to see that they're bringing Krang back. Don't like the look of the new Shredder. And why does Splinter look like a badger? The classic ones look very good.

I can't wait. It all looks really really good. I am surprised how much I like the new turtles. The new lair is AWESOME! I am buying that and repainting that sucker stat!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

The new Classic Turtles look amazing! These just me be the best Turtle figures yet, Behind the NECA ones! I so hioe these do well cause I want to see at least Splinter, Shredder... OMG! How awesome will it be to finally have a toon Shredder figure that looks like how he did in the toon! Oh want a Casey Jones and of course, April O'Neil! I can't wait to see how she is done! And if we get a Foot Soldier. I would be happy as anything! The new series stuff, I don't much for the new Turtle series figures. Except maybe for Krang. He looks cool! But the rest looked Mehhh. April looked horrid! looks like she has a Cabbage Patch head! That playset looked impressive! One thing Playmates knows how to do well are playsets! Fromt he vintage turtles set to the last one they did. Awesome!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I am sooo glad I skipped the Thundercat toys, I knew holding out for something else would pay off. I am interested to find out exactly what Splinter is, kangaroo, honey badger (that would be awesome btw), wallaby? Glad to hear the 10" line is a separate thing with tru, I may still get the too, they will go nice on my office shelves at work.

I'm so out of display room, but I'll buy these anyways! I hope the line does well and they get the main characters out first (April, Casey, Splinter, Shredder, Foot, Krang).
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I like those classic turtles. But whether or not I buy them will depend heavily on quality, price, and availability.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Both of these series blow the thundercats "classics" out of the water in terms of sculpting. And the Classics also have way better articulation.

Playmates outdoing Bandai on articulation?

WE'RE THROUGH THE LOOKING-GLASS HERE, PEOPLE!
    To each his own! I don't count articulated fingers as "better." Thundercats toys will hold thier weapons; articulated fingers have proven to fail to do that in the past. Not sayin' I can't be wrong, but I also haven't seen articulated fingers work well in any figures yet.

On top of that, you'll notice that the Foot Soldier on the motorcycle is mostly unarticulated...then you can notice the standard Foot Solider in the playset pic using the same mold. So, once again, Playmates does the standard with thier badguys and pretty much screws 'em in terms of articulation. So I count that as a second foil to your claim of "better" articulation. Perhaps some of them do, but Playmates has always found a way to make some annoying statues with useless cut joints. So far I don't see this being any different, but we'll see.

Now, of course, to balance out my nay-saying I can still say that I friggin' LOVE the new Turtles and I will certainly be buying. If the classics fingers end up sucking, I'll probably still at least get Raph. If they somehow work, then heck, they certainly look good enough to get 'em all...I just wish they had a bit less articulation.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Meh, what happened to the figures NECA was supposed to be releasing that were based off the original comics? Those are what I want.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

These figures have me very excited. The new TMNT and the Sewer playset look awesome and the classic TMNT figures look cool too! I'm going to run out of room soon.