Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Awesome! Can't wait!

I never had toys growing up, but now that we are in the 2nd Golden Age of toys, I am getting my chance with MOTU Classics, Thundercats Classics, Ghostbusters Classics, and now TMNT Classics. Woo Hoo!
    I know its too awesome, if we could get M.A.S.K to return I think my life would be complete
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I know its too awesome, if we could get M.A.S.K to return I think my life would be complete
    QFT!!!!

Throw in Centurions fro good measure

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Throw in Centurions fro good measure
    Yeah, M.A.S.K. and Centurions BOTH would be awesome!!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=18240

Didn't see this here yet, so: There's the rest of the guys! Shredder is pretty cool lookin', and Playmates predictably limited articulation on other figures. At the very least it looks like the Foot Soldier has outward movevement of the shoulders and hips, which is all I really want if they're gona lock the knees and elbows like that. April is of course useless for anything but standing, but I'm used to that. Playmates just does NOT wana give figures like that any useful articulation.

Anyway, they're still lookin' good, save for Splinter. He's kinda...odd.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

HD figures on youtube
    LOL, that April, Krang, and Splinter killed it for me. I'll stick to the Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=18240

Didn't see this here yet, so: There's the rest of the guys! Shredder is pretty cool lookin', and Playmates predictably limited articulation on other figures. At the very least it looks like the Foot Soldier has outward movevement of the shoulders and hips, which is all I really want if they're gona lock the knees and elbows like that. April is of course useless for anything but standing, but I'm used to that. Playmates just does NOT wana give figures like that any useful articulation.

Anyway, they're still lookin' good, save for Splinter. He's kinda...odd.
    yeah thats where I saw the shredder, it's his blades that bug me the most, they LOOK like he's wearing a kids role play set of blades. that's the misstep for me.

And Splinter looks like one of the warriors of virtue.

four turtles for me and that's it (so far)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

As it stands if I get anything from the new line it will be the four turtles and probably April, I do think her hip joints are an eye sore but I don't mind the over all look. I hope that gum holding the figures up is because the flooring they used and to keep people from messing with them too much.

It would be nice if they had knee and ankle articulation then elbow, I just think ball joints at the hip and shoulder are pointless without those parts also articulated.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I showed my son these and he flipped! But he had one concern...............he wants to know why the new turtles have three toes.........

Chris
    Is not not licking toads

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    It would be nice if they had knee and ankle articulation then elbow, I just think ball joints at the hip and shoulder are pointless without those parts also articulated.
    Exactly. I dunno what it is about Playmates, but they always do these pointless points of articulation. The 2003 line had a bunch of GREAT sculpts that were made totally useless for anything other than statues because they either didn't give them articulation well enough, or they sculpted them in a stupid pose and threw in crazy useless cut joints all over the place. There was this one semi-translucent purple Foot Soldier from that line that I broke down and bought because he was SO cool looking....but he was just SO boring when you got him out of the package. His arms were bent so far inward with only cut joints to allow them to...swing to the side, sort of. It didn't allow any cool slashing pose; if you're a kid playing with it, you'd bascially just be smashing a block of toy into another toy. Forget trying to get the swords to connect with other swords for a cool battle.

I wish Playmates would just stop for a second and look around at the other toys in the toy isles. No toy needs super articulation - just a smart sculptor that knows how to make a good action pose. It's either make good articulation, or make a good pose. One or the other.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    LOL, that April, Krang, and Splinter killed it for me. I'll stick to the Classics!
    Likewise. No Cyber Shredder or Terminator Krang for me!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I like the new Shredder quite a bit. Also like the Foot Soldier, and while April has an interesting and very cartoony look, I'm ok with her too. It is a shame about the severe lack of articulation on these. but I guess we can blame that on the "this is the kids line" excuse we'll be given. Heh.

Splinter does look strange. I'll share that consensus with everyone.

I like Krang. Or, I guess he's called 'The Kraang' this time around. Interesting. I liek it though, becuase it actually looks like a cross between the old cartoon Krang and the Utrom and Utrom bodies from the 2003 series.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I wish Playmates would just stop for a second and look around at the other toys in the toy isles. No toy needs super articulation - just a smart sculptor that knows how to make a good action pose. It's either make good articulation, or make a good pose. One or the other.
    YUP and I have always found it interesting when we complain about how something is articulated people think we want articulation for eyelids. While the villains in the 2003 line didn't have much articulation it wasn't problematic for me because they were in mostly static poses in the first place and the limited let you play with them basically. But then you had the heroes who had bent knees, crooked arms (with cuts just above or below the elbow) which made the articulation mostly useless (it is helpful when trying to level them for posing).

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    YUP and I have always found it interesting when we complain about how something is articulated people think we want articulation for eyelids. While the villains in the 2003 line didn't have much articulation it wasn't problematic for me because they were in mostly static poses in the first place and the limited let you play with them basically. But then you had the heroes who had bent knees, crooked arms (with cuts just above or below the elbow) which made the articulation mostly useless (it is helpful when trying to level them for posing).
    Honestly, the limited articulation of the 80s TMNT line didn't bother me in the least bit. I love the line in 200x, but sometime the 'action' poses and articulation contradicted one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    Honestly, the limited articulation of the 80s TMNT line didn't bother me in the least bit. I love the line in 200x, but sometime the 'action' poses and articulation contradicted one another.
    I love it also, but Casey Jones can take too much time to get him in the right position so he doesn't fall over by looking at him.

And about the 80s line, the articulation is fine in context since most toys at that time barely had any. At the same time the articulation is perfectly fine for play, enough to have the figures to do a kick or punch but then you have the 2k3 line where they can't kick or if they can it's quite awkward.

Articulation is kind of the bane of a collector in a way, it allows for lots of really cool posing but can ruin aesthetics or loose joints can make a figure too loose to hold pose.

Yeah, I came to a similar conclusion. I just hope I am not saying the same thing when their TMNTC counterparts are finally revealed

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Yeah, I came to a similar conclusion. I just hope I am not saying the same thing when their TMNTC counterparts are finally revealed
    I don't think it will. I mean April will probably be the only one out of the bunch to worry, everyone else should translate well to a figure if the 4 base toon turtles are any guide.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Yeah, me too. The Turtles themselves look better than the Classics, but they butchered the rest of the cast, especially Okami Splinter.

Should the line find it's legs, I think I'll mix and match various incarnations. The Eastman and Laird Turtles, Casey, Splinter,Shredder and Foot Ninja with the Fred Wolf versions of everyone else.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 3, 2012 at 05:00pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

HD figures on youtube
    Should the line find it's legs, I think I'll mix and match various incarnations. The Eastman and Laird Turtles, Casey, Splinter,Shredder and Foot Ninja with the Fred Wolf versions of everyone else.
    Hmm, that's a pretty good idea actually.

M.A.S.K. is owned by Hasbro now so your wish may be granted.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yeah, me too. The Turtles themselves look better than the Classics, but they butchered the rest of the cast, especially Okami Splinter.
    >>

That would be a dream come true. The best of both worlds.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; February 3, 2012 at 05:55pm.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I don't think it will. I mean April will probably be the only one out of the bunch to worry, everyone else should translate well to a figure if the 4 base toon turtles are any guide.
    I can understand that and I hope you are right. I just hope Playmates look at this exactly like a collector line and don't do less articulation on any of the other figures. I don't think I would be happy if the turtles have articulation in their fingers and toes (as they do) and none of the other characters have the same attention. I want consistency all the way through.

That Shredder is pretty bad. The 200x one was light years ahead. Again, why does Splinter look like a badger?

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I'm with you there. The way they used the Utroms, namely Krang in the 80's series was one of the reasons why it was so bad. It was a disgrace. If the Utroms are going to be villains let alone henchmen of the Shredder than I will be very disappointed.
    Eh? Just because Krang's evil doesn't mean that others of his kind are.

This stuff is looking better and better. I am bummed that everyone that is not a turtle lacks a lot of articulation.

Me too.

Randy Falk totally blew it with TMNT and Street Fighter. He should have recouped his money that he lost overseas (The original comic TMNT with all red masks is unknown overseas, which made the figures flopped) with the US Market by taking advantage of the Foot Ninja or Foot Elite army builders. The line was in the hands of the sales of April O' Neil, instead of a Foot Ninja?? A figure that many didn't get because they were waiting on her yellow colored variant. If NECA would have used a Foot ninja, many fans would have brought multiples to build armies.

And Street Fighter? How do you NOT take advantage of the strongest Street Fighter has been in years? Jerry from the old SOTA would have loved to have put out figures while interest was strong in the property once again. He put out almost 30 figures when Street Fighter was DEAD -- imagine what he could have done with new GAMES out?

After these two colossal blunders, I swore off NECA figures.
    Well you ALSO need to lay a LOT of blame on Playmates. They were a HUGE reason the NECA line failed. They had an embargo on NECA selling toys in anything other than specialty shops which really hurt NECA. Then playmates was going to release their own comic version turtles, which I still believe they never were and it was all a ruse to keep NECA from doing other things, but that is just my conspiracy theory.

Yeah, NECA blundered with April but I am betting they already had April tooled up which is why they HAD to go with her instead of the shredder or the foot. Of course we all know they were shooting themselves in the foot, pardon the pun but by the time all their future plans started to crumble they had no way to course correct. Then after they were gone Playmates had no reason to rush anything out to retail as there was nothing to compete against. Plus, Playmates was busy at the time creating and marketing their horrible 1-2 punch of Terminator and Star Trek toys.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Eh? Just because Krang's evil doesn't mean that others of his kind are.
    I have no problem with Krang being the evil Utrom, every Turtles series had one evil Utrom. The quote was that the Utroms, not just Krang, would be henchmen of Shredder. That is the only thing I see as a problem.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    This stuff is looking better and better. I am bummed that everyone that is not a turtle lacks a lot of articulation.

Well you ALSO need to lay a LOT of blame on Playmates. They were a HUGE reason the NECA line failed. They had an embargo on NECA selling toys in anything other than specialty shops which really hurt NECA. Then playmates was going to release their own comic version turtles, which I still believe they never were and it was all a ruse to keep NECA from doing other things, but that is just my conspiracy theory.

Yeah, NECA blundered with April but I am betting they already had April tooled up which is why they HAD to go with her instead of the shredder or the foot. Of course we all know they were shooting themselves in the foot, pardon the pun but by the time all their future plans started to crumble they had no way to course correct. Then after they were gone Playmates had no reason to rush anything out to retail as there was nothing to compete against. Plus, Playmates was busy at the time creating and marketing their horrible 1-2 punch of Terminator and Star Trek toys.
    I would lay more blame on Playmates if this was not NECA's usual MO or do we need to go over their history and more specifically the Faker and Kobra Kahn stactions that never made it out.

NECA stinks business wise as a toy company, they make excellent product but line after line has issues and talking to anyone who works with them/for them reveals the horror stories of their mismanagement

Also Playmates probably could care less about the failures of their movie lines, those are highly subsidized by the studios/licensees so the money is already in the bank when those abortions of toys go to retail

Its just a shame because we as the consumer seem to always lose out on awesome toys (Palisades Muppets, NECA Stactions, NECA Turtles, etc)