Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Whoa, sounds like somebody knows something. Wink, wink.
    Oh no, sorry, I didn’t mean to give that impression. I’m just speaking generally. Got to keep the faith. I just really do think MOTU will get a proper brand re-launch within the next few years. Hopefully Sony really do move forward with the movie, too. Here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Don't worry; I'm sure its coming.

As for the new TMNT movie, I would be kind of disappointed if we didn't get motion-capture. After Rise of the Planet of the Apes, I think motion-capture would be the best bet for the Turtles and Splinter. They could go in any direction, design-wise, if motion-capture is used. I think it could look truly phenomenal.
    i would prefer actors in makeup effects and body suits...maybe mo-cap only for high paced action scenes where the camera is not going to be focusing on one thing for too long...i'm a "use CGI sparingly" person. it rarely ages well. now's a chance to do some not so cutesie reptilian humanoid turtles with performances that are delivered first hand.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Back on the toys for a sec I really hope they make an old hob figure from the new IDW comic series. Great new character. I wouldn't mind an IDW krang either

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Back on the toys for a sec I really hope they make an old hob figure from the new IDW comic series. Great new character. I wouldn't mind an IDW krang either
    Yeah I agree. Old Hob has turned out really well in the comics

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I would love Old Hob or other figures based off the IDW books. I'm really enjoying that series!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I would love Old Hob or other figures based off the IDW books. I'm really enjoying that series!
    ditto, the latest issue this week inros more classic characters that i want in two form too, hope you guys are reading the micro series as well, they seem to be more then just throw away one shots ... including a very major character that will hit the main series undoubtedly soon

They are up for preorder: I just went all in and ordered everything

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=2913

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    They are up for preorder: I just went all in and ordered everything

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=2913
    Now that's devotion. I was checking these out at BBTS and I am impressed. I'm definitely going to be getting the 4 Turtles at least.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

The retro collector series is only available as a case so I have to wait until they are listed as a set of four

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Does he still have his calvin-esque henchman? I've only read the first issue sadly.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Does he still have his calvin-esque henchman? I've only read the first issue sadly.
    You need to do yourself a favour and read the rest of the series. I am loving it so much that I feel it is my favourite version of all the properties so far.

I'm going to have to do some comic store digging and get up on them. I wanted to but i got the first issue as a reprint missed the 2nd due to miscommunication and just fell off and it's not on comixology for some reason. but i'll find a way how are the micro series issues?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

The IDW stuff is phenomenal! Great twists on the stories we all know so well. I need to pick up my Donnie micro as well as the stuff that hits today.

I'll be waiting until retail to buy any toys. I want the Classics and at least the 4 Nick Turtles though.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Now that's devotion. I was checking these out at BBTS and I am impressed. I'm definitely going to be getting the 4 Turtles at least.
    I like what I've seen at this point enough to buy one of everything, and any duplicates I will be giving to my child or nephews.

I decided to do an ebay search out of curiosity; found a NYTF TMNT, it was selling for around 300 last I looked. Insane for a toy that will be out in 5 months.
    Last edited by Southzen; March 9, 2012 at 03:45pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Renders from the upcoming show, seems the toys are pretty spot on

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I'm actually digging them ever since I got to see them @ the NY Toy Fair:

IMG_2019.jpg

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    "The Kraang"? Interesting. I wonder why the article and new spelling.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

HD figures on youtube
    Do we know when the Classics hit stores?

I can't wait for the classic figures to come out. They look amazing.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    You know who should direct the next turtles movie? The guy that made that Casey Jones short film The movie shows that director is not only a true Casey Jones fan, but a true turtles fan because he can take one of the comics' secondary characters and get a movie that is dead on accurate.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    You know who should direct the next turtles movie? The guy that made that Casey Jones short film The movie shows that director is not only a true Casey Jones fan, but a true turtles fan because he can take one of the comics' secondary characters and get a movie that is dead on accurate.
    BINGO we have a winner in Hockey Town tonight!

Also for Nickelodeon I have a question..

WHERE THE HECK IS CASEY JONES DAMNIT!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I had not seen that, thanks for the tip. That was indeed an awesome shortfilm. I'd also love to see a story (either MOTU or TMNT) told from a perspective of a secondary character. I wouldn't mind getting a whole movie in which Casey Jones is the main protagonist, for instance.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    Do we know when the Classics hit stores?
    Estimated date is sometime between late June-Early August

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    WHERE THE FENTRUCK IS CASEY JONES DAMNIT!?!
    I can't wait to see Casey but at the same time since he is usually April's boyfriend and April is a tween I am not too optimistic
    Last edited by markatisu; March 15, 2012 at 08:27am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Man, I can't stop staring at these! Like the rest of you, my wallet is going to be crying! I'm definitely picking up the Classics and the new line!

The Classics just look incredible. Actual cartoon accurate Turtles, for the first time ever! This is great, and I hope they do some of the baddies in this line as well!

I LOVE the new designs! I like how these figures are a mixture of the new cartoon adn new comic book. I hope the final product looks as well detailed as these! And I love the new vehicle, and that massive playset will be mine! No idea where I'll be putting it...but I'm buying it!

Oh man, I'm with you dude! The demise of the NECA line is one of the saddest toy relatd incidents for me. I LOVED their line, and really wish we would have got the Shredder and Foot Soldiers we were shown.
    Did you not see the prototypes of Metal Head, Baxter, Leatherhead & Rahzar.

I never thought we would ever get a classic like Metal Head so soon.

Anyway I hope we see an improved Krang & my MUST HAVE Rat King.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    Did you not see the prototypes of Metal Head, Baxter, Leatherhead & Rahzar.

I never thought we would ever get a classic like Metal Head so soon.

Anyway I hope we see an improved Krang & my MUST HAVE Rat King.
    For the Classics line? They showed a Metal Head and a Leatherhead for the NEW Nickelodeon Toon line, with new designs. I don't think there has been a Rhazar. There is a Krang, though...or The Kraang as his species is being called now.

So far the Classics line is only the four Turtles. Nothing has been planned past that yet, that I'm aware of.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos: