Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

They're close

Well then that explain why TRU got rid of Thundercats, I bet you anything TMNT takes its spot
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well then that explain why TRU got rid of Thundercats, I bet you anything TMNT takes its spot
    I never really saw any local TRU get Thundercats. it was only the tank and maybe the sword and that was it.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

DAMN! You know what, I always liked the Turtles... and sometimes thought about collecting, but since I'm not that INTO them I admired them from afar. But after seeing this, damn they got me in a trance and my wallet is ready to regurgitate the cash that's in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    I never really saw any local TRU get Thundercats. it was only the tank and maybe the sword and that was it.
    Well in NYC, all they had was one of those pillars you walk by into the other areas and no real shelf dedicated to them, so I think it was a trial by fire type of sell.
    Last edited by Nemisythe; April 28, 2012 at 10:07pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I was confused initially by the "classics" name because the new line actually look closer to the actual classics from the comic but then I realized that they are referring to the old cartoon as being the "classics". I'm not actually that interested in the "classics" line as I was with the line from their original black & white comics but it seems that they may have better articulation. I would love to just get the NECA line instead but they are way to expensive now and I only picked up Michelangelo (my favorite) back when they were initially available.

All that being said, I pre-ordered the new line at BBTS so I don't have to hunt for them...

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    They're close
    It seems awfully early for TRU to have that up already. The figures aren't set for release until August. But, it's still cool seeing that!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

As excited as I am to get these, I need them to come in August and NOT earlier. With my kid's birthday, Joecon, and SDCC, my wallet won't survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    It seems awfully early for TRU to have that up already. The figures aren't set for release until August. But, it's still cool seeing that!
    Unless Playmates pushed up the date, Thundercats last year was not supposed to launch till September to coincide with the show but Bandai shipped them out to Toys R Us in July
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    My worry for this line has only grown since Dan's review of the NYTF sample. Playmates is cutting corners to save on production costs, so even the retail ones will be more cut back than the sample was =/

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    My worry for this line has only grown since Dan's review of the NYTF sample. Playmates is cutting corners to save on production costs, so even the retail ones will be more cut back than the sample was =/
    The weapons will be unpainted. That's the only other difference I'm aware of. I guess we'll know for sure when they hit stores, though!

I think they'll still be cool. Sure, the protoypes looked way moe amazing. But that's always the downfall of showing the public the handpainted early sculpts. The final figures never looks as good.

I'm still excited for these! I just hope they don't end up dissapointing! *cough*ThunderCats*cough*
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I'm still excited for these! I just hope they don't end up dissapointing! *cough*ThunderCats*cough*
    I just make it a personal rule to avoid Bandi toys for myself.

We are seeing cuts in design and tooling budgets. Hasbro is making cut backs on their figures; I have no doubts other companies will follow suit. As for turtles, I wouldnt worry too much as I am sure the budget is set and production has begun. Later waves may see some cut backs in design though.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I just hope they don't end up dissapointing! *cough*ThunderCats*cough*
    How dare you sir.... how dare you. You could only WISH your MOTUC had magnets in their backs for no reason!!!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    How dare you sir.... how dare you. You could only WISH your MOTUC had magnets in their backs for no reason!!!
    They have a reason, they make random things light up and make sound.....totally worth the big box on their backs

I would not really worry about TMNT though, I mean the industry as a whole is cutting corners but TMNT toys traditionally have always been pretty well done. People I think forget its not some dormant line that is being reborn, its a franchise that has constantly been around just getting a reboot like Transformers and GI Joe do

BBTS cancelled orders for the playset. This was the email message:

"Hi - We have just been told by the vendor that this item has been converted to an exclusive for a chain store, and as a result they will not be filling our orders. We will need to cancel all orders in our system and remove the item from our site. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks
    www.bigbadtoystore.com"

I bet its now a Toys R Us Exclusive, Walmart and Target usually don't go that big

I bet its now a Toys R Us Exclusive, Walmart and Target usually don't go that big
    You know, I was thinking the same thing. This is bad for distribution, but good for the line because that means Playmates have made their money. It could be bad for us because TRU may have a death grip on the price, which may kill the line in their stores and so forth. Okay, I'm done chasing my tail,

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    You know, I was thinking the same thing. This is bad for distribution, but good for the line because that means Playmates have made their money. It could be bad for us because TRU may have a death grip on the price, which may kill the line in their stores and so forth. Okay, I'm done chasing my tail,
    Actually a TRU Exclusive is good for the line, I keep saying that Thundercats should have had one at TRU instead of Target. It will be a killer item at Christmas if its an exclusive.

Ssshhhh.... you are killing my point. ;-D
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Too bad for Thundercats losing shelve space, Ben 10 should be gone IMHO not Thundercats, but these upcoming TMNT figures look awesome
    Last edited by sportsandstuff777; May 14, 2012 at 03:58am. Reason: spelling
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sportsandstuff777 View Post
    Too bad for Thundercats losing shelve space, Ben 10 should be gone IMHO not Thundercats, but these upcoming TMNT figures look awesome
    Funny thing about Ben 10 is it has become an anchor for boys toys; the line and tv show have been going for years now without interruptions. Good or bad, love or hate it, it is healthy for that demographic. They have had some really cool toys in that line too. Unfortunately, this generation of children just aren't into Thundercats; that TOY line did almost everything right (it had commercials and a full production cartoon) and it still is drowning. They are great toys (granted they aren't produced with the collector in mind); personally, I blame part of it on the 6-8" collector driven line as the 4" figures have sold well. I really hope TMNT drops the 6 - 8" line; it is a gamble.

I was going to order from BBTS, but since I decided to go into business for myself I ordered a few cases wholesale and will just offload what I don't want to keep.

Playmates is making retailer pricing VERY attractive so hopefully that means they will push the line to anyone who wants it. I really do want this line in particular to go multiple waves

Actually a TRU Exclusive is good for the line, I keep saying that Thundercats should have had one at TRU instead of Target. It will be a killer item at Christmas if its an exclusive.
    I think TRU didn't want an exclusive cause they got killed on those B10 exclusives that have been collecting dust for a while.

Walmart is planning a big reset in their toy department for most of their stores in the next few weeks and from what I heard, TMNT is in the plan-o-gram.

I actually went to 5 different Walmarts over the weekend, which is something I never do, looking for those dog gone 6in Avengers figures and almost every store was completely wiped of everything. They had hardly anything on the shelves at all. Even the Hasbro stuff was empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I think TRU didn't want an exclusive cause they got killed on those B10 exclusives that have been collecting dust for a while.

Walmart is planning a big reset in their toy department for most of their stores in the next few weeks and from what I heard, TMNT is in the plan-o-gram.

I actually went to 5 different Walmarts over the weekend, which is something I never do, looking for those dog gone 6in Avengers figures and almost every store was completely wiped of everything. They had hardly anything on the shelves at all. Even the Hasbro stuff was empty.
    That would be easier for people if it was a Walmart exclusive. Now watch us all be wrong and its at Target like the Thundercats 5 pack

That would be easier for people if it was a Walmart exclusive. Now watch us all be wrong and its at Target like the Thundercats 5 pack
    Is that Target set hard to find? My Target can't give them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Is that Target set hard to find? My Target can't give them away.
    Nope all mine have it collecting dust, its not a bad concept but the fact Target who originally passed on the lines launch (they only wanted it for Christmas) got a boxed set was double fail. I think it would have moved more as a launch TRU exclusive