Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
Well you are partially right, the rising cost for MOTUC comes from production costs but the rising costs for toys in general comes from the middle man that is Walmart, Target, TRU, Kmart, etc.

Costs are rising, but that effect is magnified when a line is very small. Playmates isn't the only line that is priced out reasonably. I feel like the Predator and Robocop figures are reasonably priced (so long as their isn't a glut of figures put out).

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
You guys just don't understand the stranglehold that retail has on a toyline, they want a discount to sell the product but also want a share of the sales. So a manufacturer is left with having to increase the price of the toys to be able to still reach their profit margin and appease those selling the product.

I understand it perfectly. They not only sell your products, they also advertise it. So, they are doing more than their share. I'm fine with Internet-only lines (if that's the way someone wants to run a line). The problem is no advertising is taking place. Of course the lines are shrinking.