Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

So are the classics sold at Wal-Mart, and if so, has anyone seen them on the east coast? Still hoping to get them from a very helpful and ultra-fair-priced dealer on the .org, but since he is still waiting on Playmates to ship, I would definately buy them from Wal-mart if I found them. Nothing else is close enough to me to warrent me getting back into the "hunt" for another toy line. The next closest store to me is a Target that's about 20-25 minutes away, but for an unemployed man that's way too much in gas just to check. If I knew I could get them I might make the drive, but even then, I'd really rather not. : /

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    So are the classics sold at Wal-Mart, and if so, has anyone seen them on the east coast? Still hoping to get them from a very helpful and ultra-fair-priced dealer on the .org, but since he is still waiting on Playmates to ship, I would definately buy them from Wal-mart if I found them. Nothing else is close enough to me to warrent me getting back into the "hunt" for another toy line. The next closest store to me is a Target that's about 20-25 minutes away, but for an unemployed man that's way too much in gas just to check. If I knew I could get them I might make the drive, but even then, I'd really rather not. : /
    Nope not yet, Walmart has received the 4" and the 4" Action FX but not the Classics

Toys R Us is the only major chain to get the classics in stock at the moment and then not many
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah ours sold some this week, the Walmart, Target and TRU by me were almost sold out of 4" as well.

And the cartoon is still 1 month and a half away from debuting, never doubt the power of the turtles I guess

I got $10 in TRU Reward certificates today in the mail, I really had to hold off buying the sewer lol

I never like to walk away from a toy hunting expedition with empty hands, but I couldn't find anything this morning. I had to fight back the temptation to walk out of that store with the sewer in hand
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I grabbed a Splinter yesterday. He's actually not that bad! I really like the jade walking stick he comes with. I think once the show debutes people will end up wanting him and then he'll probably become one of those rare figures.

Despite that I'm now allowed to order the new TMNT toys myself off Amazon or BBTS, my LCS has a full set of the Classics for sale now. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Despite that I'm now allowed to order the new TMNT toys myself off Amazon or BBTS, my LCS has a full set of the Classics for sale now. Weird.
    There are a variety of reasons why Amazon and BBTS won't sell to international customers for TMNT, it has nothing to do with Playmates and everything to do with the license. That is about all I can say

Most likely your LCS called Playmates and was directed to one of the many 3rd parties who is buying TMNT and selling them to overseas people in private. Or they bought it off eBay, depends what they are charging for them.

There are ways to get them outside eBay but many International people sadly do not realize that, I could not believe what I saw some Classic sets going for.

I was looking around and it appears distribution is sold out again on the Classics

Target.com is sold out, Walmart.com is sold out, Amazon increased their prices, Toys R Us got them online and now just has Donatello, and Playmates Toys themselves have sold out again.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Can someone please post pics of the vintage turtle figures? I'm having trouble identifying them in auctions. there are so many versions of them that have been made over the years.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I got a 5 dollar off coupon at TRU for today, went in to cave and pick up a new tmnt (I wont buy the classics again with the quallity I experianced off them). This was the convo with employee.

"Hey, theres NO turtle figures out, do you have any in the back?"
    "Their the new figures"
    "Yes, theres nothing on display but talking turtles and the playset, is this all you have?"
    "We havent gotten them in for the display yet"
    "I was here last week and you were fully stocked"
    "Their new so we havent put em out yet"
    "No, theyve been out... nevermind"

Seriously, you need a education of a 2 year old to work at toys r us these days. I used the coupon on some X-Men minimates since they were 4.99 and paid 10 cents. Not bad, but not what I wanted, cant let that go to waste though!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

LOL. I stopped asking store employees for help many years ago. They never know anything.

I get irritated with my mom because she always has to ask for assistance at every store we ever go to. And they never have any answers. I wish she would just give it up already, but she thinks that working at a store automatically imparts them with some magical qualifications. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I got a 5 dollar off coupon at TRU for today, went in to cave and pick up a new tmnt (I wont buy the classics again with the quallity I experianced off them). This was the convo with employee.

"Their the new figures"
    "Yes, theres nothing on display but talking turtles and the playset, is this all you have?"

Seriously, you need a education of a 2 year old to work at toys r us these days. I used the coupon on some X-Men minimates since they were 4.99 and paid 10 cents. Not bad, but not what I wanted, cant let that go to waste though!
    Sounds about right from my TRU experiences

There are some good employees, its just really hard to find ones who care these days. It gets worse near Xmas when the temp employees are all over the store

Sounds about right from my TRU experiences

There are some good employees, its just really hard to find ones who care these days. It gets worse near Xmas when the temp employees are all over the store
    No doubt, Xmas its like monkeys in a computer store! Its not rocket science either, just walk up stairs, find case, bring case down.

I worked there was I was a teen, and always went that extra mile for people. Lots of shady employees would just be like "Psss nah, whatevers out", but we know their just lazy as hell lol!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

"Their the new figures"

I was at my local TRU a few days ago. I'm not sure if the display at your store is anything like this one at mine, but here's how it was set up at the store closest to me...

In the actual aisle where the display for the Turtles was located, they didn't even have a spot for the regular-sized figures from the new upcoming cartoon series. On the pegs hey had the Classic figures, the large talking figures, I think some of the role-play items, and then on the shelves below them they had the vehicles, the big sewer playset, etc, for the new figures (none of which were on the shelf, nor was there even spot for them). I found this odd and kept looking at the display like I must me crazy and missing something, but none of the regular new series figures were anywhere to be found, nor a spot for them.

Then when I went around the corner, there was an end cap for TMNT which did have the new figures as well as some more pegs for the classic figures (which were mostly empty... the ones in the aisle for the classics had a handful of figures on them but were not "full"). They had plenty of the new series figures here, and more of the vehicles, etc, below them.

I went there mainly looking for a better Classic Donatello and Michelangelo as far as the eye paint apps go. They only had 2 of each of them there, and while for the most part they were improvements over the ones that I have, they weren't THAT great, so I didn't buy any and I'll wait until I find ones with a better paint job.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

No doubt, Xmas its like monkeys in a computer store! Its not rocket science either, just walk up stairs, find case, bring case down.

I worked there was I was a teen, and always went that extra mile for people. Lots of shady employees would just be like "Psss nah, whatevers out", but we know their just lazy as hell lol!
    Shady is quite accurate, I think virtually every TRU has the scalper friend employees. Both of ours here have them and when I lived in MD every single one had them. The one employee whose it seems only purpose is to call their eBay or store friends to get the chase/variant/rare toys

I used my $5 coupon to get a deluxe Boris from the MIB3 line. That's a toughie

My TRU is loaded for bear with turtles merchandise. It no longer fits on an endcap.

They raised the price for the basic figures from $8.99 to $10.50.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    They raised the price for the basic figures from $8.99 to $10.50.
    Seriously??? Thats insanity.

Yeah, that is not good news. In my opinion, these are comparable to the Thundercats 4" figures. And those never cost that much. Sure, they are bigger but they have unpainted weapons and poor articulation for a lot of them.

It's definitely disappointing to see that.

Thinking back, they tried to charge me $10.50 for Kraang a few weeks ago, and I was like: oh no you don't!

Heroic Warrior
    My local Walmarts are starting to put out the show figures. Basics are only $7.77, so TRU and their price gouging can stick it.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    My local Walmarts are starting to put out the show figures. Basics are only $7.77, so TRU and their price gouging can stick it.

Wow! I might pick up a 2nd set of a few guys at that price. Thanks for letting us know.

They wouldn't gain anything from raising the price like that anyway. I would have passed on Splinter and possibly April. So, in the end, they wouldn't have made any additional profit.

regular price at Canandian TRU is 10.99 for the Nick turtles. haven't seen figures at walmart yet but they had the van and the motorcycle.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

And the kicker is $7.77 is still making people profit (can't reveal cost but you could go down even more), I tried to tell you guys the line is designed to make a profit which is why its being carried any and everywhere

TRU always charges more though, the TRU tax so to speak. On the upside they usually have so many sales and combo deals in a year it all balances out with their exclusives

They are going to make their money on the Sewer and the Classics, they particularly don't care about moving the 4" figures much.

My suspicion is somebody realized those Avengers Flip 'n Attacks are never to sell for $11.99 and decided to raise the prices of everything else

I've still yet to see the playset in the stores. Is it a TRU exclusive or will Walmart and Target have them too? We have 3 Walmarts around us and NONE of them have had any turtle stuff yet. TRU has been out of everything for 2 weeks yet Target has been full. I'ld rather buy at Walmart cause I get a discount (wife works there).

Walmart has the 4", you will see them once your area resets which is going on the next few weeks. Most Walmarts are making the Batman section smaller and removing whatever was left of the Thundercats and putting TMNT in its place next to Power Rangers.

The Playset is a TRU Exclusive at least for this year

toysrus online has the playset with 2o percent off when i checked a while ago.

Walmart has the 4", you will see them once your area resets which is going on the next few weeks. Most Walmarts are making the Batman section smaller and removing whatever was left of the Thundercats and putting TMNT in its place next to Power Rangers.

The Playset is a TRU Exclusive at least for this year
    Yeah, ours is clearancing out all the thundercats for $5 a figure. They have a ton of Lion-o, Tygra, Wily Kit, Wily Cat, and Mum-ra's. There were a lot of empty pegs in the isle so I'm asuming that's why....making room. Thanks for the heads up on the Playset though. Santa has to make a TRU run I guess!