Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

I just wish my stores didn't take so long for fall resets. Of course I do understand they are a bit understaffed because of economic issues and for the same hours you can get paid almost twice as much by working the oil field but might have better timing on the hours.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I think it's a store to store thing. Some stores are poorly organized. A few months ago, I hit a far away Walmart for Thundercats stuff. You should have seen that toy aisle. LOL. Everything was just lying in a huge pile.

I actually dug a Tygus out, it was buried under power rangers toys.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I think it's a store to store thing. Some stores are poorly organized. A few months ago, I hit a far away Walmart for Thundercats stuff. You should have seen that toy aisle. LOL. Everything was just lying in a huge pile.

That was how the one where I found 3 Storm Chargers was. It was just a pile like it was going into the garbage instead of on the shelf, mixed with Power Rangers and Avengers toys
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I'm glad I never found 3 of those at one shot, heh. I don't know if I could have brought myself to buy them all. And it would have sucked having to leave some behind.

The shellraiser, it doesn't have a driver's seat does it?? I just watched PD's review and he didn't mention it, it isn't a big deal overall (and I'm not getting any vehicles for me) but it seems a misstep in design.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    The shellraiser, it doesn't have a driver's seat does it?? I just watched PD's review and he didn't mention it, it isn't a big deal overall (and I'm not getting any vehicles for me) but it seems a misstep in design.
    No its not really much of a van as it is a rolling death box
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    yeah. I am considering the playset because playsets need to make a comeback! so I want to support them, esp when done right.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I caved with the toys r us coupon and went for Raph and Shredder from the new figures, not crazy about the show previews, but MY GOD, these are some of the BEST constructed toys ever. Great paint (though some of the shredders looked like he was dropped in a garbage truck.... oh wait....), and lots of play value!! Small enough to store = a good buy.

After a negitive experiance with the classics, the new stuff is a hit with me. As a matter of a fact, Mattel has ****** me off to no end lately, so Im taking my Lazer Lot money and buying Don and Mike with it!!!! I wont be getting everyone, especially Splinter and April, but this is where my moneys going.

If the classics get fixed up a bit more (loose joints, bad paint IMO) I will consider a second try. Its really a shame Playmates didnt get Thundercats.... All that could have been.

PS - Anyone buy that inflatable TMNT chair yet? Dying to know how big it is blown up .........
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I don't know. I'm not a big fan of vehicles. And that brown is ugly. Maybe on a sale I might grab it, but it isn't a priority.

Yeah the 4" line is just awesome to play with and hold, it definitely made me feel like a kid again. The kicker is they work with almost all the past playsets and stuff so if you are a diehard TMNT fan get out your old toys and let them play in there

Yeah the 4" line is just awesome to play with and hold, it definitely made me feel like a kid again.

Hmmm... how old were you when you were collecting the vintage line? I think I was 16 or maybe even 17. I didn't really play with them, I just always liked collecting action figures.

Hmmm... how old were you when you were collecting the vintage line? I think I was 16 or maybe even 17. I didn't really play with them, I just always liked collecting action figures.
    I was born in 78 so that made me about 8 or 9

Oh, well that explains it

TMNT was the last "vintage" line that I collected. But I was very old, so I didn't really play with them at all. After that, I lost interest in figures for a while.

In 94 I started getting back into figures, as a MOC collector.

I was born in 78 so that made me about 8 or 9

Me too! Looking back on it I think I had gone thru my little kid phase when it came to toys. I still bought Transformers and G.I.Joe, kinda stopped with MOTU, Star Wars was gone and you had Turtles with squishy heads. I remember popping the head off of my Raphael and needed my mom to get it back on. Those toys took a beating.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Awesome desciption!

Regardless of no seats inside, I LOVE this vehicle!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I'm buying the playset for sure! Wal-mart by my house finally came out with all the figures so I'm gonna pick up the 4 turtles, Shredder, and an extra foot soldier for my boy. Not a fan of that Krang, Splinter, or April but the vintage ones look great with these guys so it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    yeah. I am considering the playset because playsets need to make a comeback! so I want to support them, esp when done right.
    The Playset is straight up bad ass, the pics and videos are awesome enough but to walk into a toy store and see this mammoth playset box in 2012 is just something else.

Playsets are a dead thing in toy retail, Playmates is taking a major risk with this one and I hope for them it succeeds because I think toy makers are cheating fans by not releasing them like they used to

Kraang will grow on you once you actually have him. I don't know how he does it, but he does.

I definitely want the playset as well. The problem is there's no where to put it.

Saw all 4 of the Nickelodeon turtles and Splinter today but none of the Classics.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I was born in 83, so I got onto Turtles when they were just getting some steam. My first item was the FLUSH-O-MATIC. Since we could never find the figures, we cut the carboard pictures out and used them...... pathetically sad no? Needless to say cleaning slime off cardboard was a terrible moment.

First 2 figures were splinter and rat king...... never found a Leo until like 1992. Cardboard Leo 4 eva!!

I have most of the 200x series, and while cool, they didnt have that crazy gritty feel to them. Everything was clean lines, these are gritty and fun in hand!! Lots of cool vibes. If they come out with OOZE so help me god..........
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I went to TRU today and everyone was available accept for Shredder. Classics wise there were only three Donnie's and two Raphs. Two of the Donnie's had wonky eyes where as the one that had the straight eyes had a terrible paint job.

And just to be clear, the Classic's line is only available at TRU, right? My Target's have nothing Classic, not even an empty sticker section for them.

First, this line absolutely ROCKS. I love the new turtles. Great colors, great details, great posability; great toys period.

Second, I WILL get that Playset. I have no idea where I'll put it, but it's out of principle for never being allowed to ever get a single playset from anything growing up. I used styrofoam box packing as bases.

Third, has there been any word on any upcoming figures? It seems they're doing a bit more a throwback to the original line with Krang (Kraang), and I have sorely missed the mutant characters from that toyline. Baxter Stockman, Scumbug, Muckman, Leatherhead (who's always been around, but his look had so much more character back then). I would love to see more guys like that.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    And just to be clear, the Classic's line is only available at TRU, right? My Target's have nothing Classic, not even an empty sticker section for them.
    Currently yes, Target and Walmart WILL carry the Classics it just will be awhile due to the way distribution works

WOW, Michelangelo really impressed me! He's never been a favorite, but this one is awesome even with the kinda disappointing array of extra stuff. At the very least, his kusarigama is improved a little with a chain. Reviewed 'em here!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

It's why I said my stores, I know some their resets are done over night. We are actually big enough for a Target I hear but I have heard they won't come because we aren't the right kind of clientele. Most of the town's income is based on oil directly and if not indirectly, and they have written up in the paper and other places how it's hard for retail and service jobs to keep employees because of the difference in income the two make with the oil field even subcontract labor makes more. Then the other problem is best summed up in most locations in my town if they do a store wide drug test they will have fire ~50% of the employees on the spot. This actually happened to our Walmart about four years ago, they lost so many employees that for almost an entire year our Supercenter went to being open only 12 hours a day. They also lost more employees during the time because of over work.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it