Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Thanks man. it was WAAAY easier than I anticipated. hardest part was the initial eye screw going into the plastic, but once i did one i found a technique that made it a breeze (all I did was switch hands ) I held the screw with my left and pushed and twisted the plastic with my right, it was so simple. not hard to keep straight either, I wanted to sand down the nubs first but I was too impatient.

Needle nose pliers to pry open the eye screw ( just hold the base with your hand or another pair of pliers and use the needle nose to open the gap in the eyee screw)just enough to accommodate the chain and then use the pliers to squeeze the eye screw closed again and the rest is as you see it. the eye screws are pretty malleable with the pliers, it doesn't take too much force to open or close it, but they are still strong. I bought em from ebay because I didn't want to search store to store, i couldn't be bothered . if you need any, the order I got was more than i needed so I can send you some for free if you can't find any. just pm me.

the plastic is nice and soft so it's really as simple as lining up with the centre pushing in and twisting. once you get purchase it's easy to stay centred. also the screw part isn't TOO long, it's long enough to be secure and sturdy but not so long that your chances of messing up increase.

The nice part is they can be disassembled if you want to pant them (I painted with the chain on though.) and reassembled very
    easily. in fact initially i made the chuk chains 9 links long I didn't like the look so i shortened it.

I'm thinking of making the kusarigama chain longer as they are supposed to be pretty long, I made it longer than the plastic one anyway, maybe i'll go another 10 links.
    Cool! Sounds like I've got everything I need, though I'm not gona bother painting them. What I like about this method is the ability to shorten the chains if I don't like the length; my method is a one-shot deal unless you wana break 'em off and try again!

I think I'm gona try to find the eye screws myself, but if it becomes a hassle I'll take you up on the offer. Thanks for the detailed pics and the info!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

no problem, just remember the measurements because it's the perfect size. I'm thinking of shortening the 3 section staff chain, but I do like it as is. (truth be told I just like messing with it)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Hey, I reviewed THE KRAAAANG if anyone is interested! A lot more fun than I thought he would be.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I just went to Target today and saw that all of the Turtles figures were on sale... This isn't spelling doom for the series already is it?

Nah, standard sale for new toys. Even clearance isn't a total death knell, honestly. But yeah, that's just a normal sale on new product. It's not even that amazing of a sale.

Yeah its actually a planned promotion (been planned for 2 months), its nationwide and meant to start getting the word out the toys are in stores before the show launches. Target is doing the same thing with the WinX club and Novi Stars this week

If $8.49 is a death knell then Walmart has already killed the line because they price them at $7.97 regular
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Good to know =) Cuz I would be ****** if the line went away before I could get a set of Classics Turtles from the shelves where I can see if they have wonkey eyes or not

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Good to know =) Cuz I would be ****** if the line went away before I could get a set of Classics Turtles from the shelves where I can see if they have wonkey eyes or not
    Yeah I don't think you have to worry about that, initial sales are super strong and the case pack is very well done so there is little to no peg warmers surprisingly. I have actually seen more Kraang's then Aprils which I would not have expected

I think we will get a 2nd wave of the 4" easily before Christmas and I think we will see more Classics announced in November if not then definitely at Toy Fair early next year
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I sqw the trash talking turtles in person finally, I REALLY like the head sculpts on them! lot's of personality, looks like it was a fun job to sculpt. I still dislike Shredder, but I think this one is a better scale against the normal turtles.

Looking at Classics mikey, it's annoying how small his nunchuk handles are!!! ugh

There's a SNEAK PEEK at Metalhead in this clip!

CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Just picked up classics Mike and he's great. Went through 10 for a good paint job on him.

Also bagged new Leo. Best paint, took him home and his arms are HELLA loose. Im gunna try the glue trick on him, but id hate to return him, the paint is flawless!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Has anyone had issues with the wrist joints on any of their TMNT Classics? I picked up Raphael today and his left hand at the wrist looks to be one solid piece. On his right hand, he has the wrist swivel and a joint to move his wrist up and down. On his left, there's marks that look like it's designed the same way, but the hand actually one solid piece. I've checked the other three turtles and they are fine. It's only my Raphael that has this issue.

Well Nickelodon's TMNTs has sold out in 3 outta 3 Walmarts down here on the coast!

April O'Neil & Splinter are the only 2 hanging around. I was so ready to get the last of my Turtles.

I only have Raph in Classics, and I haven't seen any more since I got him...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Playmates has not sent me anything in a month, and judging by what I see at Retail they have not sent Classics out to the bigger chains either. I called my Distributor this past week and they told me the cases are sold out and they would fill them as they received them. To say the Classics are hot would be a massive understatement.

And people were wondering if there would be a 2nd wave, I think Playmates has now seen high enough sales to warrant more characters.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Playmates has not sent me anything in a month, and judging by what I see at Retail they have not sent Classics out to the bigger chains either. I called my Distributor this past week and they told me the cases are sold out and they would fill them as they received them. To say the Classics are hot would be a massive understatement.

And people were wondering if there would be a 2nd wave, I think Playmates has now seen high enough sales to warrant more characters.

Hmmm... I just came back from TRU. They have pretty many classics sitting there. They are running a buy two, get one free sale on the nickelodeon figs @ 8.99 per.

They also had 4 mezzco panthro's. He looks a little on the skinny side, wasn't impressed.

My local walmart had 21 thundertanks a few weeks ago, but there was no sign of them today
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Maybe they got tired of holding all that stock, though all our Walmarts are
    Moving them to $14 so maybe that is the magic number

I don't see them moving very quickly at $14, especially now that the line is dead. That's only a $5 discount what TRU charges.

Found the Classics at Wal-Mart today and got all 4 of the turtles. They're a bit pricey but no worse than buying a MOTUC figure, I only wish they knew how to paint the eyes properly, I went through all of the turtles they had and picked the best of the bunch. These are no MOTUC figures, but they're very awesome in their own way.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I'm going after another set of Nickelodeon turtles to open. I will get one every two weeks or so until I have all 4.

Being a MOC collector often leads to additional expenses

I got three of the four Classics for my son and he loves them. The only one I can't find is Leo. Does anyone know if he is shortpacked?
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    I got three of the four Classics for my son and he loves them. The only one I can't find is Leo. Does anyone know if he is shortpacked?
    No each case of TMNT Classics has 4 of each Turtle. There are 3 full sets in each case of Classics

You would think that everyone who buys these would buy a full set, one of each.

But I was at TRU a few days ago and they had 6 Dontello's. They were sold out of everybody else. It was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    You would think that everyone who buys these would buy a full set, one of each.

But I was at TRU a few days ago and they had 6 Dontello's. They were sold out of everybody else. It was weird.
    Its probably more and more kids wanting the Classics that is the cause, we will start seeing that more and more after the show launches this week with kids wanting specific turtles

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Its probably more and more kids wanting the Classics that is the cause, we will start seeing that more and more after the show launches this week with kids wanting specific turtles
    When is it due to start? I hadn't heard anything - I don't want to miss it.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."