Page 31 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Widget
    bought the 4 inch set of 4 the other day and they are fantastic. my local TRUs only had Donatello the rest were sold out for the Classics 6 inch line.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    When is it due to start? I hadn't heard anything - I don't want to miss it.
    Saturday 9/29
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Saturday 9/29
    Thank you, sir! (Off to set the DVR...)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Saturday 9/29
    in Canada too!! Finally!! (finally a simultaneous release)
    it's ridiculous how COOL Splinter looks in the series vs how CRAPPY his toy looks, you'd think it's still 1953!
    Last edited by krosfyah; September 28, 2012 at 01:30pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=19240

Looks like Metalhead and Dogpound have been found at Walmarts! Time to start checkin' again.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Metalhead looks great, I still dislike dogpund, I'm not buying a lot of this line for myself. I really LOVE how the turtles look (metalhead included) but I don't like anyone else (the foot soldiers look good as does the kraang brain) but I'm not interested in foot without shredder as i've maintained many times.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=19240

Looks like Metalhead and Dogpound have been found at Walmarts! Time to start checkin' again.
    OK going to have to start stalking Walmart again on my way to work! Love how Metalhead looks
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Metalhead looks a little goofy in that picture. Dogpound just looks ok as well.

I will reserve judgment until I see them in person.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Widget
    I just went to my local wal-mart and no sign if them here yet . I'll get Metalhead but not dogpound. wish i could find the classic series.

Is Dogpound a new character, or did he exist in some previous incarnation of TMNT?

They both look pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Is Dogpound a new character, or did he exist in some previous incarnation of TMNT?

They both look pretty neat.
    No, Dogpound is a new henchman for Shredder along with Fish Face and Snakeweed

No, Dogpound is a new henchman for Shredder along with Fish Face and Snakeweed
    Has anything been said about Rocksteady and Bebop? (I.e., should we be expecting to see them, or is that still unknown?)

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Nothing yet. But remember, they were created as henchmen for the original cartoon. They haven't been in anything since, except for the new IDW comic (and they aren't even a Rhino and Warthog there yet. Just the human thugs.) So not saying they won't show up in this new cartoon, but I'm not going to expect to see them. At least not right away.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Man now that I watched the premiere I really want a Blue Kraang variant and the Human suit version of Kraang

My 2 year old son spotted the new toys at Walmart yesterday and seemed very interested. Looks like I'll at least be picking these up for him.
    Last edited by The Rook; September 30, 2012 at 12:36pm.

TMNT spotted at a Kmart. List price is $7.99.

It's noteworthy that they moved their Thundercats stuff into to the gardening section.

Those are going to be sitting there for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    TMNT spotted at a Kmart. List price is $7.99.

It's noteworthy that they moved their Thundercats stuff into to the gardening section.

Those are going to be sitting there for a long time
    Surprised Kmart is coming in at Walmart pricing vs Target and TRU $8.49-9.99, Kmart normally tends to be closer to TRU

Its sad but I wonder if in a year they will still be trying to get rid of the Thundercat toys

Surprised Kmart is coming in at Walmart pricing vs Target and TRU $8.49-9.99, Kmart normally tends to be closer to TRU

Its sad but I wonder if in a year they will still be trying to get rid of the Thundercat toys
    Figure a dozen Thundertanks and 4 Armor of Omens priced at $22 and $19, respectively. Stick them "out" in the gardening section where people are highly unlikely to find them. The only reason I found them is because I asked an employee where they moved them to

I'm thinking those will set for 5 years

Picked up the new figures at Walmart today Really liking Dog Pound as he is big and bulky

What, no pics????

Will Playmates make any announcements regarding Classics at NYCC or will we have to wait until NYTF next year?

I took my Calssics off the shelf to play around with them and they still impress me. Best turtle figures to date.

What, no pics????
    I can show you me buying them at Walmart, look here is me buying Dogpound

LOL. That's alright, there is some up on ebay already (believe it, or not).

Why does it look like Dogpound has no weapons?

LOL. That's alright, there is some up on ebay already (believe it, or not).

Why does it look like Dogpound has no weapons?
    Because he does not, he comes with pieces in the package spikes on his back and a tail

He has almost no articulation but he can grip the turtles by the head in either hand. So its almost
    like the Bane breaking Batman's back type of attacks

His fist is huge, its too bad they did not give him a bat or a club

Yeah, I'm picturing a large dog bone that he wields as a club. How is the poor guy supposed to fight against guys armed to the teeth when he is unarmed?

I'm on the fence about these three.