Page 32 of 73 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Yeah, I'm picturing a large dog bone that he wields as a club. How is the poor guy supposed to fight against guys armed to the teeth when he is unarmed?

I'm on the fence about these three.
    I assume just hit them like he is Mike Tyson. Or I guess you can give him one of the weapons the Turtles come with, but yeah they missed the boat with a club or something to go in his big hand.

Now Metalhead is pretty bad ass, but then again he is basically a redesigned Turtle sculpt so he has all the different articulations and poses. Hard to mess that one up.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I don't know. He doesn't have any metallic-looking parts. Not impressed with that one - albeit, not having seen him in person yet.

Fishface looks pretty cool, but I can't see myself buying just him. Either I buy all three of the new figures, or I probably won't buy any of them.

I may pass on these guys and go for the playset
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I don't know. He doesn't have any metallic-looking parts. Not impressed with that one - albeit, not having seen him in person yet.

Fishface looks pretty cool, but I can't see myself buying just him. Either I buy all three of the new figures, or I probably won't buy any of them.

I may pass on these guys and go for the playset
    No you will just wait for them to go on clearance, if your Thundercats buying habits are any indication

The playset is awesome though, even non-collectors of the line should buy it for its awesomeness in 2012
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

This line won't be clearance for a long time. The walmart that I was at last week had 4 each turtle. I went back a week later to get a Michelangelo to open and he was sold out

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Now Metalhead is pretty bad ass, but then again he is basically a redesigned Turtle sculpt so he has all the different articulations and poses. Hard to mess that one up.
    Awesome! So he has knee and elbow articulation? What does he come with for accessories?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Unlike the 2011 ThunderCats, this reboot seems quite pleasant for the fans of the 1987 show. I can't see how kids won't like it. I can't wait to get my hands on the toyline...
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

You haven't bought any of them yet? Wow, you must have way more patience than me. I have them all MOC and now I am working on my loose collection

2 down, 2 to go. Throw in a Lion-o that I grabbed at Ross yesterday morning.

I saw Fish Face, Dog Pound, and Metalhead on Friday at Wal-Mart. I contemplated grabbing them, but decided to hold off. I guess I'ma bit more interested in Lego and my MOTUC stuff right now. I'm also trying to cut down a bit, as Lego's are a tad expensive.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I got the Sewer playset last night - that thing is amazing!!

One of the best playsets ever. It looks bare with only the first wave of figures - so I can't wait to get more.

I want that playset!! AUGH!!
    Toys R Us cananda is a having a sale starting today 2 regular TMNT figures for $16
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Thinking about collecting these but have no space!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Me and the kids LOVE the Nick figures!

We posted up a review on them if anyone cares to check it out- Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles Review

Sallah

Yay, I found Fishface and Metalhead! Saw Dogpound too, but he doesn't interest me.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Got word late yesterday from Playmates that the cost of the Classics is going up per case. This is the 2nd price increase and 3rd change to the sku since they launched.

So anyone still wondering if the Classics are doing well, don't! Playmates is basically sold out in the distribution which means they are shipping 100% of what they are making and the increased price either means materials are more expensive or they realize how hot they are and are taking advantage of it. I would argue its the latter, since that is also why they increased it from 2 complete sets to 3 set and raised the price the first time.

Got word late yesterday from Playmates that the cost of the Classics is going up per case. This is the 2nd price increase and 3rd change to the sku since they launched.

So anyone still wondering if the Classics are doing well, don't! Playmates is basically sold out in the distribution which means they are shipping 100% of what they are making and the increased price either means materials are more expensive or they realize how hot they are and are taking advantage of it. I would argue its the latter, since that is also why they increased it from 2 complete sets to 3 set and raised the price the first time.

Isn't TRU still the only place carrying the classics? I don't remember seeing them at walmart, kmart, or target.

The only brick and mortar places that I am aware of, online retailers are getting them.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Isn't TRU still the only place carrying the classics? I don't remember seeing them at walmart, kmart, or target.
    Someone reported seeing them at walmart but TRU is the only chain I have ever seen get them. Online retailers get 1-2 cases a month max. I just got a case in late September and am due for another.

Someone reported seeing them at walmart but TRU is the only chain I have ever seen get them. Online retailers get 1-2 cases a month max. I just got a case in late September and am due for another.
    I've seen them at canadian walmarts.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I just find it strange that they can't keep up with the demand. The demand will be even greater when all the other retailers start getting them.

I just find it strange that they can't keep up with the demand. The demand will be even greater when all the other retailers start getting them.
    I know they were feeling conservative after DCUC did not do well at retail (nor did the YJ 6") and then we saw what happened to Thundercats.

In speaking with them you can tell they did not expect the massive success they have had with these, otherwise we would see as many Classics as we do 4" and Sound FX figs

I know they were feeling conservative after DCUC did not do well at retail (nor did the YJ 6") and then we saw what happened to Thundercats.

In speaking with them you can tell they did not expect the massive success they have had with these, otherwise we would see as many Classics as we do 4" and Sound FX figs

The problem with these increases is not that they might hurt the sales on the turtles, but they might start to hurt sales on misc. characters like a Foot Soldier, a Casey Jones, or a Rocksteady. These were already on the outer limits of what I am willing to pay for a figure, and that was before the increases.

The problem with these increases is not that they might hurt the sales on the turtles, but they might start to hurt sales on misc. characters like a Foot Soldier, a Casey Jones, or a Rocksteady. These were already on the outer limits of what I am willing to pay for a figure, and that was before the increases.
    It depends how retail takes the price increase, Walmart or Target for example probably will keep the price the same. When you buy in that large a volume you become exempt from pricing changes like this. However comic books shops, indie retailers and other "small" stores will have to pass the price increase on.

So for the average consumer it will not be very noticeable

Comparison Time!!!

I really like the new Metalhead, but I love the vintage one!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    Comparison Time!!!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...77336914_n.jpg

I really like the new Metalhead, but I love the vintage one!

Ugh. What a disappointing figure

I just got back from TRU; they marked the sewer playset up to $150, didn't it used to be $130 ????

They had the mezco Lion-o marked at $ 12.99. I'm not sure why he was priced so low, but he looks terrible and takes up too much space. Easy pass.

Yup the sewer set was $120.00 when I first saw it. We were going to get it for my son, but I'm not sure getting a 3 y/o a $150.00 toy is such a great idea. I love how TRU jacks the prices up on toys.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes