Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

By the time I drum up the $150 for it, they will have raised the price up to $250

Unfortunately, it's an exclusive item, so they can get away with it. I probably will end up passing.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

They always do that, thankfully we got ours when it was $120 and used some reward coupons and the 20% off TRU coupon at the time to bring it down to around $80

What is ridiculous is they will go back down and then back up, so you never really know WHEN it will be decent priced. They do the same thing with their other hot toys like Monster High (last year in Nov and Dec they jacked the $19.99 to $34.99)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    By the time I drum up the $150 for it, they will have raised the price up to $250

Unfortunately, it's an exclusive item, so they can get away with it. I probably will end up passing.
    From what we have heard its only a timed exclusive, next year it should be at Walmart, Kmart and Target
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    From what we have heard its only a timed exclusive, next year it should be at Walmart, Kmart and Target
    Well, that's a relief. I can see them raising the price a bit around the holidays, but no more than $10.

My TRU still has MOTUC 2-packs - merman and stratos, Still $35 LOL. Prices are horrible.

Ugh. What a disappointing figure

I just got back from TRU; they marked the sewer playset up to $150, didn't it used to be $130 ????

They had the mezco Lion-o marked at $ 12.99. I'm not sure why he was priced so low, but he looks terrible and takes up too much space. Easy pass.
    it's $119.99 at Canadian trus! I want one, hopefully I will be able to support it. I've been wanting an AT AT too though and with Granamyr coming up and I want to go away for Christmas...I don't know.

funny though the TRUs here have the motuc/dc packs for $35 too.

I figure they raised the price for Christmas and to squeeze a lil more money while they can since it's a timed exclusive.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Was checking out TRU's Big Toy Book and saw the Sewer Lair listed for $99.99.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    Was checking out TRU's Big Toy Book and saw the Sewer Lair listed for $99.99.
    You beat me to it! I was wondering if that was why they raised the price. They did that with the DC/MOTUC packs last year.

Also went to my local TRU, York PA, today and they had the Classics back in stock, I finally got my Leonardo!

They also had the second wave of the new figures in but were missing the Metalhead figures.

As for the sewer lair, well they are ready for the sale. The had three on the floor and eight on the overstock shelf. I'll go on the first day of the sale and get one for my son.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Walmart (Mostly Super Walmarts) have erected massive displays for TMNT and each has about 3 cases in each. I verified this with a regional manager that all Super Walmarts should have this display up by the 1st of November. They had to raise the price to $8.99 due to the price change I was telling people about (the Classics were not the only thing Playmates increased)

But if anyone is looking for Fish Face there will be 3-4 per display, it is the shortpacked figure in Wave 2
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

So, does Splinter in the cartoon look anything like his figure? I haven't been able to watch because I don't think we get NICK here.

So, does Splinter in the cartoon look anything like his figure? I haven't been able to watch because I don't think we get NICK here.
    Splinter in the toon looks WAY better than the figure, but the colouring is similar. but WAAAAY less white on his face.

CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

That's interesting, thanks for the pic.

I just got back from Walmart. Dogpound is pretty cool. I like the paint job - except that they didn't paint the strap going across his body

Fish face is a disappointment.

anyone know if theres a wave 2 planned for the classics ?

Quote Originally Posted by tycondrius View Post
    anyone know if theres a wave 2 planned for the classics ?
    I can almost guarantee you there will be, I expect them to say something around Toy Fair in Feb 2013

They can barely keep up with Production of Wave 1, it is constantly sold out. You guys are not seeing it much because there just is not enough product to put on the shelves.

Waiting now my Nickelodeon's TMNT Basic Turtles arrive....Gonna recolor these figures weapons. Has Anyone done it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Walmart (Mostly Super Walmarts) have erected massive displays for TMNT and each has about 3 cases in each. I verified this with a regional manager that all Super Walmarts should have this display up by the 1st of November. They had to raise the price to $8.99 due to the price change I was telling people about (the Classics were not the only thing Playmates increased)

But if anyone is looking for Fish Face there will be 3-4 per display, it is the shortpacked figure in Wave 2
    Are they up now in our town? Is it picked over?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Are they up now in our town? Is it picked over?
    The one near Valley West just put theirs up yesterday. Its a big island display with about 3 cases of figures. The one in Ames had it as well as did Altoona. I expect most of our Super Walmarts have it by now (Grimes, Jordan Creek, and Southridge)

But Fish Face will go quick since he is shortpacked, Metalhead and Dog Pound seem to be about even with 2 per case.

I've seen the new figures at all the stores now. There are some decent sales this week. TRU has buy one, get one half off on the Nick figures (regularly $9.99). Target also has them on sale for $7.99.

Well I guess we can classify TMNT as a bona fide smash hit! Every store around my area is sold out of pretty much everything. Went to my TRU yesterday and they had a few Shellraisers and Rippin bikes. Target and Walmart were the same a few days before. I ended up ordering the Sewer Lair online after hearing the TRU manager say that I needed to be there first thing in the morning, when they unloaded a truck, just to have a chance at one.

Thankfully we started buying this stuff for my son before the big rush, the only thing we need for him is the stealth bike. Happy hunting everyone!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Went over Metalhead in the 'ol blog! Fun figure, even if he's lacking accessories that are worth anything.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

A buttload of new releases revealed by Playmates today for Jan-Feb 2013 (New playset, vehicles, variants of the 4 brothers, and new villains!)

http://toynewsi.com/

And word of Wave 2 Classics will come at Toy Fair

I did not expect at all to like the new TMNT series or the toyline. However, both are quite good I think. And I hope the TMNT Classics expands similar to MOTUC.

Is that green one an insect or a plant?

That is Snakeweed, its a Plant and if I remember right it was in the premiere

LOL

That's a great figure - but he is real skinny, I fear he might not look as good in person as a result

LOL

That's a great figure - but he is real skinny, I fear he might not look as good in person as a result
    I am more worried about what they won't paint. Dog Pound looked great as a prototype but then they basically did not paint half of him

WHY? WHY? Why do I even read these threads?

Pop open pizza box playset? SOLD!
    Crazy plant dude? SOLD!

At this rate I'll never complete any line if others keep putting out awesome stuff. I guess I'll be collecting these now.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes