Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1854

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

I have the classics Donatello. Still can't find the rest but havnt looked to hard. Got the entire wave of the smaller figures including the lair for my youngest son for Christmas. The lair is an amazing playset. They (both my sons) play with it daily. It's huge and awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I would not bet on that happening, if the 4" line is any indication. I can't wait to see how they look!
    Don't do that. That would really stifle my anticipation for these. I am a scale nazi and these two must be bigger than the turtles.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I completely understand the whole scale thing, but I think I'd actually prefer to have them be about the same size as the Turtles figures. Not necessarily because of how they relate to the Turtles, but rather because I want a Bebop and Rocksteady at about that size.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Don't do that. That would really stifle my anticipation for these. I am a scale nazi and these two must be bigger than the turtles.
    They would need to be 7-8" and that is a completely different scale at that point, we will see in a few weeks either way. Sometimes you just gotta take what you can get as the alternative in this case is absolutely nothing at all
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

They would need to be 7-8" and that is a completely different scale at that point, we will see in a few weeks either way. Sometimes you just gotta take what you can get as the alternative in this case is absolutely nothing at all
    Yeah I guess so. There is nothing that would be a deal breaker for me, even if they were smaller than the turtles. The line is an immediate buy. Speaking of buying, I will need to hit you up for wave 2 because wave 1 still hasn't hit here and you were the only one willing to sell to International customers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Yeah I guess so. There is nothing that would be a deal breaker for me, even if they were smaller than the turtles. The line is an immediate buy. Speaking of buying, I will need to hit you up for wave 2 because wave 1 still hasn't hit here and you were the only one willing to sell to International customers.
    I know I am cool like that

I eagerly await Playmates opening up orders for Wave 2, I got in days after Wave 1 went up for sale to retailers and still had to wait months for a shipment so I imagine it will be just as bad this time.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I'm wondering if there is a way that they can get away with using the same buck for both figures...
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Just gotta say I've been hoping and praying for Bebop and Rocksteady to be next in line for the Classics. Thank you, Playmates! Can't wait to see them!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Looking forward to Classics Bebop & Rocksteady, but I really hope the reissue series 1 turtles, preferably w/corrected eyes. NEVER saw them at any major retailers (checked multiple TRU, Target & Wal-Mart stores).

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Really good news! I hope they cartoon accurate.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

very excited that they are making Bebop and Rocksteady in classics! I'm sure they'll look awesome...it's about time these two get figures again! This line is turning out to be very cool.

Haha. Read about Bebop and Rocksteady on ToynewsI and came over here to see folks discussing it. Really cool news indeed! I hope they do the weapons well for these guys and at least come with both their guns and shields (the manhole cover shield will look awesome in this scale!).
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    The toys r us near me completely removed their Turtles section and filled it in with a expanded toy story section. I guess they havent seen any product before christmas so its been bare........ even the pegs with the merch names on it are gone. Just the Mp3 player stuff remains.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

My TRU only has slime. Seems drastically overpriced at $7.99, but people will probably still buy it anyway. I will probably wait for clearance if I pick any up. The container looks cheap and is quite small.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    My TRU only has slime. Seems drastically overpriced at $7.99, but people will probably still buy it anyway. I will probably wait for clearance if I pick any up. The container looks cheap and is quite small.
    It wasn't slime!! It was ooze!!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    The toys r us near me completely removed their Turtles section and filled it in with a expanded toy story section. I guess they havent seen any product before christmas so its been bare........ even the pegs with the merch names on it are gone. Just the Mp3 player stuff remains.
    Both our TRU's did that and replaced the TMNT section with Power Rangers overfill. Same at Target. Walmart is the only one that seems to have any stock around here.

Playmates has not been able to keep up with the demand since launch, I can't remember the last time a action figure line was that hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    haven't seen any ooze in canada yet. hoping it shows up soon.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Both our TRU's did that and replaced the TMNT section with Power Rangers overfill. Same at Target. Walmart is the only one that seems to have any stock around here.

Playmates has not been able to keep up with the demand since launch, I can't remember the last time a action figure line was that hot.
    Yeah, my wife and I were commenting about that ourselves. For me, the last thing I remember disappearing this quickly not because of poor distribution but because of sheer popularity were the first few waves of Star Wars figures from 1995 when Power of the Force 2 hit. Before that, it would probably be the first few waves of Power Rangers

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    A Super Kroger near me has tons of the first 2 waves. Splinter, April, Fish Face, everyone. And the smaller vehicles. But no Shellraiser, sadly. Cool to see, but they'll probably never stock the nextwaves.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

They've got retro series 2 preorders up at BBTS. Case of 12 for 179.00. If anyone wants to split one, let me know!
    On Twitter @DualHares

Heroic Warrior
    saw the ooze cannisters at Meijer today. At $6 each, an easy pass
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    saw the ooze cannisters at Meijer today. At $6 each, an easy pass

I just wasn't happy with these. I have no use for the mini figures and the unpainted gray makes the cannister looks like what it is: plastic.

Dollar store quality, but not dollar store pricing. Frankly, I would have preferred tiny cannisters that look good and are in scale with the figures.

So apparently Playmates has confirmed that series 2 of the Classics will consist of

Rocksteady and Bebop only

Saw this on a fan site, who qouted another site, not sure how varifiable it is though.

I don't think that will work, that would be 6 sets of each in a case and that is far too many.

Having dealt with Playmates the past year you are more than likely looking at a case that is

2x of each turtle
    2x of BeBop
    2x of Rocksteady

or

1x of each turtle
    4x of BeBop
    4x of Rocksteady

That allows them to get the 1st wave out again for those that missed out (a lot of retail) and include the new ones. It also matches what is currently on their website under Classics and matches how they did Wave 1.5 of the 4" when they added in Dogpound/Fish Face/Metalhead

They also are no longer soliciting Wave 1 of the Classics, and to basically retire that way would be unheard of as it contained the main players of the line

I think the fan site might be confused, we might only be getting those characters as new but not necessarily only meaning the case won't contain something else

I think it would be a mistake to make all four turtles available again in wave 2. That might make the newer releases incredibly hard to get.

(If they don't start making them available at more stores, then they will be ridulously hard to get as it is)

I would put 2 turtles in wave 2 and the others in wave 3.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; January 17, 2013 at 12:18am.