Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1816

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Damn, man; my TRU jacked the price of the ooze up to $9.50. Even with the sale, you can't get the stuff for a reasonable price D:

They got some Thundercats classics in from who knows where. Good luck moving those Mumm-ra's for $20 a pop.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Some news about BANDAI:
    Gooage Spewing Gigantic Pac -- Gross goo & ghost eyeballs spewing action just like on the show! Drop the goo in, press down on Pac's head and check out the goo spewing action! With Gooage Spewing Gigantic Pac-Man the "grossly" adventures never end.
    I really don't understand the concept of Pac-Man "spewing gooage"... But could this perhaps be yet another alternative "ooze" solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    I'm still trying to decide how far to go with this line. Right now I'm doing all of the "basic" (and same-scale, e.g. ooze tossin') figures, all the playsets, and all the vehicles...

Except, I haven't felt like buying these buggies yet. With the Ooze vehicles we now have 4 small stand-alone vehicles, one per turtle, each with a unique turtle on the box art. Vehicles take up more space and I don't want to encourage them to go crazy with hundreds more so I feel like the buggies take it too far, for me.

It is pretty cool that they snap together, but do the buggies even show up on the television show? I've only watched the first four episodes so far.
    So far they were in one episode.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I received some sweat pants as a holiday gift. They quickly developed a sizable hole in them. I exchanged them back to walmart and got an extra Donatello and Raphael lol. I'm all set with a full set of loose turtles. All I need now is the pizza playset for a great display.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Well, I've actually started collecting the line. I've gotten lucky. Last week I was actually in an FYE store of all places. They only had a couple of figures (that likely had been there for a while), but one of them was April, who is becoming scarce, so she was actually the first one I got. Their price wasn't too bad considering that they tend to be overpriced in general.... it was actually in line with TRU's prices.

Today I was at Target and they actually had a Splinter figure, so I grabbed him and the 4 standard Turtle figures (no weird variants for me). I'll probably hold off getting too much for more for a couple of weeks when my credit card cycle flips over, unless I find something else that is becoming scarce.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Better images of Bebop and Rocksteady Classics

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I don't know. I feel like they should look more animated. They won't fit in well with the turtles in a display. I'm a MOC collector, so it's less of a big deal for me than others, but still.

One thing is for sure, I'm not going to go out of my way to get these like I did for the turtles. If I just happen to run into them, I may pick them up.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I'm calling it right now. Those will be toys of the year for 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Better images of Bebop and Rocksteady Classics

image removed
    Love them.

I'm now leaning towards passing.

As much as I have always liked the original figures of these guys, I'm not really seeing any real need to have highly articulated and expensive versions of such minor characters.

I feel the same way about MOTUC; do I really need more than one Stratos or Zodac in my collection, particularly one that costs $30+? Not really.

I was actually thinking about selling off the 4 turtles just because of a lack of display space for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I'm now leaning towards passing.

As much as I have always liked the original figures of these guys, I'm not really seeing any real need to have highly articulated and expensive versions of such minor characters.
    What?!?!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Here's a video on the Bebop and Rocksteady figures from Toy Fair:

Off camera conversation I had with them, they did mention (like in the video here) that "collector" figures is a new territory for them, and they are slowly inching into it. They definitely seem hesitant, and that's why we're not getting a bunch of Classics figures all at once. Anything past Bebop and Rocksteady in Classics is going to depend on their sales. If they sell as well as the Turtles did, they'll do more figures. But Bebop and Rocksteady are probably all we're getting for 2013 (along with reissues of the four turtles.) New figures for this line won't be coming out until 2014, again, if this duo sells well. They also noted that they don't plan to just stick with the classic cartoon, but could not elaborate beyond that.

Also, I asked them about the nasty taste with the Ooze. Playmates confirmed that they do in fact add a bitter agent to keep kids and pets from eating it, but also know there have been complaints. They are looking into toning it down a bit in future Ooze releases.
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; February 12, 2013 at 01:12pm.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I would not be surprised if we see some new Classics by the end of the year despite what they say. Playmates has one of the fastest from concept to production methods in the industry. And they listen heavily to retail, so if TRU and other retailers ***** to them we need more and newer figures they will greenlight two more and dump a set of the Turtles out of the case (ala Wave 1 Revision 2.0)

So here is to hoping Bebop and Rocksteady sell well
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I, for one, welcome our new Mutant Henchmen Overlords.

Dan, did they say anything about the lack of ankle articulation on Rocksteady?

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Also, I asked them about the nasty taste with the Ooze. Playmates confirmed that they do in fact add a bitter agent to keep kids and pets from eating it, but also know there have been complaints. They are looking into toning it down a bit in future Ooze releases.
    Except for the fact that it means I might have to buy more of that pricey ooze, that's good news.

I opened a canister last weekend, wearing latex gloves to protect myself after all the hubbub, because I wanted to extract a turtle and I wanted to mess around with Ooze Scoopin' Donnie for a bit. I noticed the stuff which gives it the metallic look (like glitter, but much finer and not exactly) was starting to rub off and stick to things -- in small quantities, but noticeable. I started to wonder if that was the stuff everybody was tasting, but the "glitter" seemed to wash off with warm water & scrubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Dan, did they say anything about the lack of ankle articulation on Rocksteady?
    According to Playmates, the only difference in articulation between these two and the turtles will be the fingers and the toes. So I hope they''re right about that.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Dan, did you notice the height difference between B&R and the turtles? Were they about the same height, were B&R smaller, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Dan, did you notice the height difference between B&R and the turtles? Were they about the same height, were B&R smaller, etc?
    They were all displayed on uneven displays, so hard to tell for sure. They seemed about the same height to me.

Does anyone know what the retail price is for the pizza playset? My TRU is charging $32, I think I might wait to find one somewhere else.

Does anyone know what the retail price is for the pizza playset? My TRU is charging $32, I think I might wait to find one somewhere else.
    Wlamart in Canada is charging $29.99 Canadian.

found me a kraang (found two actually but only needed the one) now all I need is splinter.
    Last edited by krosfyah; February 13, 2013 at 10:52am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I haven't seen any at walmart here, so it is strange that you seem to be seeing them at canadian walmarts.

I think playmates and TRU are playing a lot of games with this line and am getting ready to sell off my classics at cost and the few nickelodeon figures I have left. No more new releases for me. From now on, clearance, KO's, and buying collections from people who are selling off, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying $32 for the playset -- if that is what it sells for, but other TRU stores are apparently charging $27. Why should I pay almost $5 more than what someone else is paying? And why is it listed at $19.99 on Target's website??

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying $32 for the playset -- if that is what it sells for, but other TRU stores are apparently charging $27. Why should I pay almost $5 more than what someone else is paying? And why is it listed at $19.99 on Target's website??
    I got one for $24.99 from Amazon a week or two ago. At the time there were several but I see now it has moved into scalper territory.

The box was banged up pretty bad so I got another from a local Target for $19.99 last Wednesday. At the time, the Target website showed "available in stores" and told me exactly which ones had them in stock. Almost all of them around me did (like, 10+ stores)...and the one I got mine from had a large number. So I'd wager if you walk into a Target your chances are pretty good.

Targets around me also have the ooze now at $6.99.
    Last edited by Donatello; February 13, 2013 at 11:51am.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    I got one for $24.99 from Amazon a week or two ago. At the time there were several but I see now it has moved into scalper territory.

The box was banged up pretty bad so I got another from a local Target for $19.99 last Wednesday. At the time, the Target website showed "available in stores" and told me exactly which ones had them in stock. Almost all of them around me did (like, 10+ stores)...and the one I got mine from had a large number. So I'd wager if you walk into a Target your chances are pretty good.

Targets around me also have the ooze now at $6.99.

I haven't been able to find the ooze anywhere else but TRU either. Of course, it isn't selling there because they priced it at $9.50.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    According to Playmates, the only difference in articulation between these two and the turtles will be the fingers and the toes. So I hope they''re right about that.
    Yeah. All of the HQ pics that I've seen of Rocksteady look like those lower legs are one solid piece. I really hope that they add in ankle articulation for the final figure.