Page 47 of 75 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1869

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    So, maybe I missed something, but who is THIS guy???:
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I want to say his name was "Newtrilizer." He's going to be in an upcoming episode. They told us all about him, but I don't want to spoil anything. I will point out one cool thing about him. On the right side of his belt, he has Kraang tenticles hanging from it.

EDIT: Here's my video footage of the whole TMNT display at TF.

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Does anyone know what the retail price is for the pizza playset? My TRU is charging $32, I think I might wait to find one somewhere else.
    $19-24, TRU is charging their normal "TRUtax" price because they were the first ones to get it
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    $19-24, TRU is charging their normal "TRUtax" price because they were the first ones to get it

This is where I have a problem; it is only the stuff that I actually want that seems to have a "problem" with uneven distribution.

Never had any problems finding garbage like the talking turtles or the new mutagen ooze turtles at other stores. Or all the stupid little mini-vehicles that I have zero interst in.

But if it's actually something I want to pick up -- like ooze or the pizza playset, then no one else other TRU is getting it in.

The bottom line is this toy line isn't worth getting aggravated over. I'm selling off my Classics and am done with it.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

wow, bebop and rocksteady are fantastic. i don't want the turtles but i want these guys!! and a shredder
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

But if it's actually something I want to pick up -- like ooze or the pizza playset, then no one else other TRU is getting it in.

The bottom line is this toy line isn't worth getting aggravated over. I'm selling off my Classics and am done with it.
    Dude, do you not have Targets around you? Seriously, go into one ASAP, they've got both of those things.

Seems like a bit of a drastic reaction...I am also getting a little upset watching my Wal-Mart refuse to restock anything in the past month or get the new items, but I'm assuming it will all spread out in due time. I have to drive 30-50 miles to get to a cluster of Targets...60 miles to get to a TRU... So I would rather get them from WM, too. All told, so far it has still been the easiest line for me to find compared to the other things I've collected in recent years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I want to say his name was "Newtrilizer." He's going to be in an upcoming episode. They told us all about him, but I don't want to spoil anything. I will point out one cool thing about him. On the right side of his belt, he has Kraang tenticles hanging from it.

EDIT: Here's my video footage of the whole TMNT display at TF.
    About removable-mask Shredder, Spider Bytez, & Newtrilizer...in all of the pictures/video I can't shake the feeling that these look a bit bigger than the basic figures, like they won't fit in the standard sized packaging. Are all of these ones basics or are some something else, slightly larger?

Of course it looks like they are cramming Baxter into the standard package, and they managed to get Dogpound in there.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

About removable-mask Shredder, Spider Bytez, & Newtrilizer...in all of the pictures/video I can't shake the feeling that these look a bit bigger than the basic figures, like they won't fit in the standard sized packaging. Are all of these ones basics or are some something else, slightly larger?

Of course it looks like they are cramming Baxter into the standard package, and they managed to get Dogpound in there.
    They should all fit in basic packaging. I know that Spider Bytz will actually be in the package without his spider legs attached. You'll have to pop those on after opening him, similar to Dogpound's tail.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Dude, do you not have Targets around you? Seriously, go into one ASAP, they've got both of those things.

I was at a Target yesterday. There wasn't much there. A couple pegs of figures and some Shellraisers...

Seems like a bit of a drastic reaction...I am also getting a little upset watching my Wal-Mart refuse to restock anything in the past month or get the new items, but I'm assuming it will all spread out in due time. I have to drive 30-50 miles to get to a cluster of Targets...60 miles to get to a TRU... So I would rather get them from WM, too. All told, so far it has still been the easiest line for me to find compared to the other things I've collected in recent years.

It isn't drastic at all. Why would ooze flipping turtles and vehicles meant to be used with the ooze be available everywhere, meanwhile the ooze can only be found in one place?

And what about all those people who don't live anywhere near a Toys R Us? How were they supposed to pick up figures from the Classic Collection, or the big playset? Toys R Us is not a particularly common store. I have one right near my house. It is basically the only within a 40 mile radius. I have to drive about 45 minutes to get the next closest store. And when I get there it doesn't take long for me to notice that items in the 10 to 30 range tend to cost $3-5 less than what my TRU is charging.

Anyway, this has been building for a while. The line isn't that good. The recent figures didn't impress.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; February 14, 2013 at 05:07pm.

Update on the Dragon Chopper, they are back in stock on the TRU site and can be ordered for ship-to-home.

Not only did the one I scored for $19.99 on Amazon actually arrive at my door the other day, but last night I stumbled upon one in a TRU ($22.99 there for some reason).

I was at a Target yesterday. There wasn't much there. A couple pegs of figures and some Shellraisers...
    That's too bad. I just picked up another Anchovy Alley at one last night to keep in-package. I'm located in the central midwest.

It isn't drastic at all. Why would ooze flipping turtles and vehicles meant to be used with the ooze be available everywhere, meanwhile the ooze can only be found in one place?
    I won't pretend to understand the complexities of distribution, including back stock each retailer may have in regional warehouses based on local demand... But I could easily see where the ooze itself being a completely new product type (as are the pizza playsets) may require its own new case style/designation/packing and as such would maybe have extra lead-time before it makes it into stores --- whereas the ooze turtles and vehicles are just creeping in through the existing "basic figures" and "small vehicles" cases that are regularly shipping upon demand.

And what about all those people who don't live anywhere near a Toys R Us? How were they supposed to pick up figures from the Classic Collection, or the big playset?
    I didn't even know the classics existed, and yeah, it sucks they were only at TRU and comic shops. But I collect a lot of stuff that only shows up in comic shops so I'm used to that. In this case I am opting to just buy a full series 2 case online because driving around to comic shops with no guarantee got old a long time ago.

As for the playset, that's coming out in wide release later this year, cheaper than TRU had it even -- TRU just got it first as a timed exclusive.

Toys R Us is not a particularly common store. I have one right near my house. It is basically the only within a 40 mile radius. I have to drive about 45 minutes to get the next closest store. And when I get there it doesn't take long for me to notice that items in the 10 to 30 range tend to cost $3-5 less than what my TRU is charging.
    I hear all of that!

I'll be seriously bummed/annoyed if this line dwindles to where TRU is the only place to find things, but right now I'm still getting by with Wal-Mart & Target and since the show is still popular and this newer stuff is arriving at Target with consistency I remain hopeful for the future.

Anyway, this has been building for a while. The line isn't that good. The recent figures didn't impress.
    Fair enough, I just wouldn't want to see a turtle fan dump his collection before being sure it was what they wanted.

Fair enough, I just wouldn't want to see a turtle fan dump his collection before being sure it was what they wanted.

Well, I still have a loose set of the 4 turtles. I'm going to hang onto those. I just traded off my carded turtles. I'm not a big fan of the purple packaging, so there's no compelling reason to keep these MOC anymore.

I also have a couple of Kraang's. I'll probably sell one off at some point and just keep the loose one. There is also a foot soldier somewhere in one of these boxes

I've actually already sold off a lot of figures just because I didn't care for them all that much. I unloaded fishface, metalhead, dogpound, splinter, shredder and april over the past few weeks. I still have my Classic's, but I think I can live without them. They don't really "feel" like ninja turtles, I guess because they are so big. Anyway, one less line is arguably a good thing. I spend way too much as it is.

update
    I finally saw some ooze at a Target, but it was like $7 + tax. Still too much for what it is. I will wait for a sale.

Anyone catch the throwback to the Party wagon on the Shellraiser? "Foot Stinks" lol
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

That's cool; I missed that! (We were dfeeding Hermione and eating...pizza!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Found two days ago that my Wal-Mart re-stocked some of the latest wave, including several more ooze turtles and the new baddies (all that was left was Fishface). Also they cleared out a lot of space under the turtles so I wonder what will be filling it in. Hopefully more TMNT, since they had been shrinking that section previously.

I have to say, I have been noticing a ton of card damage and crappy paint jobs on the new wave everywhere I go, especially the ooze turtles. I hope they get a handle on that.

Picked up a battle shell Don, was going to abstain from those but seeing the secondary market prices and that they are getting harder to find I caved for my favorite.

The card damage is due to the stupid design of the cards by Playmates. That diamond shape is a royal pain to ship properly. As someone who has had to ship over 200 of these 4" figures I pray every new wave they change the card design to be normal
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

The mutagen ooze turtles seem to be peg warming here. I think figures like that will kill off a lot of the momentum that the line had built had.
    If only their heads fit on the other turtles, I would have bought them

The pizza playset is $25 at Walmart. But I picked one up at Target for $19.99. It makes for a nice little display piece for my vintage figures. My general involvement with the line from this point forward will be limited to items that that have vintage perks. I'm not watching the new cartoon and am not interested in ragweed or any of the other new characters that are getting figures soon. Mouser is a possibility just because I haven't had much luck getting the vintage figure , but I haven't seen any images yet.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; February 21, 2013 at 05:29pm.

The card damage is due to the stupid design of the cards by Playmates.
    Maybe, but I never saw as much damage as this in the original waves. Almost every one of these I pick up has either crumpled up/warped edges (not at corners), creased hang tabs, at least one bent corner, and in one case a Leo card was even damaged by the packing machine...it was sliced off a hair too far in so the bubble was flapping open on one side.

The mutagen ooze turtles seem to be peg warming here. I think figures like that will kill off a lot of the momentum that the line had built had.
    I feel the same way about that. I hope they don't spell the end. Actually the first ooze sets to come in sold almost right away from my Wal-Mart...it's TRU where I get the feeling there may be too many. But hopefully that's just because they're new & just arriving, not because nobody is buying. I did see some kids getting pretty excited about the TMNT stuff and staring in awe so that's always good.

The pizza playset is $25 at Walmart. But I picked one up at Target for $19.99. It makes for a nice little display piece for my vintage figures. My general involvement with the line from this point forward will be limited to items that that have vintage perks.
    Glad to hear that you found an Anchovy Alley. I haven't seen enough episodes to make many decisions about the new characters yet... Just going by looks, Fishface seems awesome, Dogpound seems kind of dumb, I did see Spider Bytez in an episode and don't really like his design, Snakeweed was alright and his figure looks sweet, as does the cockroach...

It won't, Playmates was smart and only packed those turtles 1 per case which means if they pegwarm they are in the minority of figures bought by retail. In the past Playmates would have made that 3/4 of the case and then we would be in trouble

Its all part of Playmates new strategy of phasing in and out waves, its a constant flow of toys but every few months they pull out some and put in new ones so the chances of a massive retail wide failure is significantly decreased since each store will ultimately have different stock

It won't, Playmates was smart and only packed those turtles 1 per case which means if they pegwarm they are in the minority of figures bought by retail. In the past Playmates would have made that 3/4 of the case and then we would be in trouble

Its all part of Playmates new strategy of phasing in and out waves, its a constant flow of toys but every few months they pull out some and put in new ones so the chances of a massive retail wide failure is significantly decreased since each store will ultimately have different stock

That sounds kind of risky. If the line does end, there will be large amounts of unpopular figures that might not even sell on clearance

That sounds kind of risky. If the line does end, there will be large amounts of unpopular figures that might not even sell on clearance
    I don't see how that happens, for the line to end it would mean none of the stock is moving. If you have constantly rotating stock eventually you will get rid of the non-moving figures

Clearance happens when there is overabundance (aka Thundercats), if you are always refreshing when do you get the overabundance?

I don't see how that happens, for the line to end it would mean none of the stock is moving. If you have constantly rotating stock eventually you will get rid of the non-moving figures

Clearance happens when there is overabundance (aka Thundercats), if you are always refreshing when do you get the overabundance?

That I don't know. But although Thundercats did end, the mummy mumm-ra's were available in quantity right from the start. So at least some of them were bought up by enthusiastic fans. If they occasionally sprinkled him in at one per case, there would have been a flood of him of biblical proportions at the end when the majority of people had lost interest. Even now, it isn't out of the realm of possibility. We don't know how many they made and Bandai may have a whole warehouse full of them somewhere

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar

THat's like the situation with Smash blade He-Man, where the shelves are too filled with one thing for anything new to be put out. I still recall a TRU display with a few Orkos and Skeletors, a Mekaneck, and 57 SB He-Mans, with more SB's waiting up in the top hidey-hole. Thankfully, that isn't a common thing (even the Batman lines with endless Batmans at least have DIFFERENT Batmans on the pegs), but it will stop any line dead in its tracks when it does.

Of course, Turtles benefits from being on Nick, where shows don't disappear for months on end like Tcats did on a regualr basis; the show was running every week while the new toys were out on the pegs for Christmas. The new variants of the four don't seem to be vanishing quickly, but I think they are each only one per case, so at least they aren't over-packed. Maybe when the ooze gets a little more common, they might pick up a bit. But I think there is a danger if every wave comes with more variants, especially ones like these who haven't appeared in the show that way (as of yet, anyway).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

What also needs to be taken into account is historically the TMNT lines are filled with variants. Much moreso then almost any other toyline that invents variants that do not exist (Batman is notorious for this).

We see it as too much but for almost 30 years that is how its always been, as long as Playmates still keeps them 1 set per wave I think it will be fine.

My Wal-Mart finally got a refresh.

First -- Ooze. $5.97 per canister, making Wal-Mart the cheapest & the place to go for Ooze.

Also, a Dragon Chopper (and Stealth Bikes)! Note these are also available at the moment for site-to-store on their website.

Patrol Buggies, Flingers, Power Sound FX, more ooze vehicles, role play... Fishfaces & Metalheads, plenty of ooze throwers too.

No pop-up playsets, though.

Also, heads up, the TRU site has the Secret Sewer Lair in stock for free home shipping. But I'm gonna probably wait it out and see how much they are marked for at Target or Wal-Mart later this year (knock on wood that they show up there). I like to imagine it will be $99.99 at most.

And I caved and bought the remaining Battle Shells, when I happened to catch them become available for WM site-to-store...they're out of stock again now so glad I pounced.

- - - Updated - - -

Was back at Wal-Mart today to pick up my Battle Shells.

First, they just rolled back to $17.00 so if you want one and see one at a WM then snatch it up. I had them price-match my site-to-stores.

Second, the Anchovy Alley pizza playset had been stocked finally too -- oddly it is $5 more at WM than Target.

The Kmart I was at today was having some kind of sale. I got ooze for like $5. I now have 3 of the 4 mini turtles. They didn't have any C canisters so I am still missing somebody. Also got some Bot Shots on sale.

Any ideas when the new "less contaminated" ooze is supposed to come out? I wanna get sme but I do NOT want to deal with that bittering agent.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure