Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1839

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Didn't know they were. But the arts and craft soap I have gets it off. It's called "The masters hand soap." Google it.

Then again.... maybe not. Yuck
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; March 13, 2013 at 05:59pm.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Didn't know they were. But the arts and craft soap I have gets it off. It's called "The masters hand soap." Google it.

Then again.... maybe not. Yuck
    Pixel Dan said in this thread that a rep from playmates said they are aware of the problem and they will be adjusting the formula to fix that. It sounds like they will keep the bittering agent but will not make it so strong
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Newtrilizer (sp) looks like he uses parts from the Triceratons from the 200x toy line.

About my busted Michelangelo, never found a number to call. Tried both their message center and sending an email and haven't gotten a response back.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    My kids recently found and started watching the new TMNT show. It is VERY well done. Michaelangelo is HILARIOUS. I almost like it well enough to start buying the toys, but MOTUC is all I can handle right now.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Any ideas when the new "less contaminated" ooze is supposed to come out? I wanna get sme but I do NOT want to deal with that bittering agent.
    I started thinking that by the time they fix the formula, they might start putting different mini figures inside or something... So despite having to wear latex gloves to play with it I bought an extra set so I wouldn't want more mini turtles some day and be full of regret.

I just started buying these figures within the last month and I love them.

The mutagen ooze turtles seem to be peg warming here. I think figures like that will kill off a lot of the momentum that the line had built had.
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    It won't, Playmates was smart and only packed those turtles 1 per case which means if they pegwarm they are in the minority of figures bought by retail.
    One per case!! Really?

They're definely "warming" in my area. My TRU has 18 pegs of figures, I counted , and out of all those pegs 10 of them are nothing but the ooze figures. They also have 6 of the standard Turtles and 2 of Metalhead/Foot Soldier/Shredder. In fact someone at TRU was nice enough to waste time organizing them sometime within the last week.

Target doesn't have as many figures but still all they had were ooze figures, 2 Mikeys and one lone Metalhead and Shredder. My Walmart did restock last weekend but by the time I got to them all that was left was ooze varints, standard turtles, and one Fishface. I was hoping to pick up some extra Foot Soldiers before Playmates pulls them from the cases. I made that mistake with the 2003 line.

What's the deal with all of this love for the ooze itself? I've never understood the appeal of it. I had a vintage Slime Pit but I never once "slimed" my figures for fear of ruining them. I guess I'm in the minority.

I don't know how I ever got interested in these damn little mini turtles, but I was able
    to complete the set of 4 thanks to kmart's having a sweet sale

I think a lot of parents don't want to mess with the ooze. Kids are messy enough the way it is. I know I won't buy mine any of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I just started buying these figures within the last month and I love them.

One per case!! Really?

They're definely "warming" in my area. My TRU has 18 pegs of figures, I counted , and out of all those pegs 10 of them are nothing but the ooze figures. They also have 6 of the standard Turtles and 2 of Metalhead/Foot Soldier/Shredder. In fact someone at TRU was nice enough to waste time organizing them sometime within the last week.

Target doesn't have as many figures but still all they had were ooze figures, 2 Mikeys and one lone Metalhead and Shredder. My Walmart did restock last weekend but by the time I got to them all that was left was ooze varints, standard turtles, and one Fishface. I was hoping to pick up some extra Foot Soldiers before Playmates pulls them from the cases. I made that mistake with the 2003 line.

What's the deal with all of this love for the ooze itself? I've never understood the appeal of it. I had a vintage Slime Pit but I never once "slimed" my figures for fear of ruining them. I guess I'm in the minority.
    the slime pit ws one of the most fun playset i've owned, i slimed EVERYONE except panthor, grizzlor and mossman, and i did all sorts of things witht he slime, I used to love setting it on the glass table we had taking a straw and blowing bubbles into it. I bought a few and filled the eternia moat with it too! I prefered the MOTU slime to any other at the time, all the other brands seems to be runnier, while MOTU was for me, consistently thick enough to be an entity and easy to remove.
    Last edited by krosfyah; March 18, 2013 at 09:37am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    the slime pit ws one of the most fun playset i've owned, i slimed EVERYONE except panthor, grizzlor and mossman, and i did all sorts of things witht he slime, I used to love setting it on the glass table we had taking a straw and blowing bubbles into it. I bought a few and filled the eternia moat with it too!

It was also the most affordable playset. Didn't have any problems convincing my mom to get it for me. I think at one point it was selling for just slight more than a standard figure.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; March 18, 2013 at 09:35am.

It was also the most affordable playset. Didn't have any problems convincing my mom to get it for me. I think at one point it was selling for just slight more than a standard figure.
    yeah, I bought it for $12 Canadian. but saw it for as low as $9 (after I bought it)

Fear is faith in failure

So got a replacement Mikey for my classics, both shoulders this time seem to be frozen in the same way. The hinge on them won't move, any advice on loosening them up?

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Yeah, don't. Put him back in the packaging and display him on the card. I'm never opening mine

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    So got a replacement Mikey for my classics, both shoulders this time seem to be frozen in the same way. The hinge on them won't move, any advice on loosening them up?
    Hair dryer or boiling water, also WD40. Any of the 3 will fix the problem
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Sprayed wd40 on first didn't look like it was getting into the hinge. So boiling water for about a minute loosened them up, thanks.

I am unloading my classics on ebay lol. I need the money. Anyway, I am trying to put as much distance as possible between myself and playmates. They do not know what they are doing.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    How about some new reviews?

Leatherhead

Baxter Stockman

Snakeweed
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I watched them last night. seriously Playmates? Leatherhead is frikken tiny. must have, but sheesh. thats rediculous.

Oh, Dan, I wanted to ask you. It appeard in the video for Leatherhead that his tail was a very different color green then the rest of the body. does it actually look that different irl?

Watched them yesterday. Great reviews as usual, Dan. Can't wait to get my hands on all 3.

Not me. All 3 are a pass. Snakeweed isn't bad but I can live without. Can't believe people exhorted this line as being better than thundercats. The figures look like crap, don't come with any weapons, and have no posability

I shipped out my classics this morning. Now is the time to sell before the reissues hit, heh.

the scale bothers me the most. the sculpts on the turtles to me are fantastic, i LOVE the scale of them amongst each other...but with the rest of the line it;s a huge miss. but that's me speaking as a collector. for kids the scales will be disappointing (esp for the bigger characters, leatherhead, snakeweed, doggpound) but they can usu look past it in their play time.

Fear is faith in failure

I'm excited about getting Leatherhead. As in Pixel Dan's video, the original Leatherhead also was relatively smaller, too. Maybe it's a pattern here...

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    It's just a bummer that we've never really gotten a substantially-sized Leatherhead. Maybe they'll give us a nice beefy one in the Classic line along the lines of what they're doing with Bebop and Rocksteady.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Leatherhead was certainly disappointing. No idea why he is so tiny. I understand that they can't be perfectly in scale and maintain price point, but he is WAY too tiny.

I'm pretty happy with Baxter. And Snakeweed is an awesome figure. Love that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    Oh, Dan, I wanted to ask you. It appeard in the video for Leatherhead that his tail was a very different color green then the rest of the body. does it actually look that different irl?
    The green is the same, but the white drybrushing on the back doesn't match up perfectly. I think that may be what you're noticing.

- - - Updated - - -

Not me. All 3 are a pass. Snakeweed isn't bad but I can live without. Can't believe people exhorted this line as being better than thundercats. The figures look like crap, don't come with any weapons, and have no posability
    It's all a matter of opinion, man. I know you are a big supporter of ThunderCats, but I am of the opinion that Bandai did a terrible job on that line. It was mismanaged and most of the figure were just plain not good. I think they felt cheap and I didn't like most of the sculpts. The Thundertank was cheap and couldn't even hold together without falling apart, and the playset was laughably bad. I feel like they didn't start getting it until the very end when it was too late. The 6" Tygra was a great figure. But at that point, it was already too late for the line.

But all of that is just my opinion on it. Just like you have yours. Opinions are going to vary.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I'm a HUGE Thundercats fan. with that said, the new turtles are built Incredibly well. maybe its the sculpt, the type of plastic used, the density??? but I have to admit, the new turtles are fantastic toys. I buy them for my kids to play with, and if I didnt I would happily collect them. but to compare them or any other toy to the Bandai Thundercats, just doesnt make sense. It's like comparing any other baseball team to the Cubs. like "duh".

I'm with Dan in regards to the Thundercats toys. It's not the Thundercats fault! Don't blame them!