Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1707

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Can't believe people exhorted this line as being better than thundercats. The figures look like crap, don't come with any weapons, and have no posability
    And yet TMNT will still be #1 heading into Christmas and be around a min of 2-3 years longer then TC. Imagine that
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    The scale is a little wonky - especially noticeable on Dogpound, but so far I'm really impressed with this line. (This is the one toy line my wife collects, actually, not I!) I'm really looking forward to future iterations of classic characters (can't wait to see what they do with Mutagen Man).

It's a pity about Thundercats' failure - that had enormous potential, ultimately unfulfilled - but I'm really glad to see TMNT doing so well!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Leatherhead was certainly disappointing. No idea why he is so tiny. I understand that they can't be perfectly in scale and maintain price point, but he is WAY too tiny.

It looks like he was that small because they had to package him partially sideways. I'm guessing he would not have fit if he was any bigger. I don't actually care about the scale because I have no interest in the cartoon. I just wish his mouth could open

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    It's all a matter of opinion, man. I know you are a big supporter of ThunderCats, but I am of the opinion that Bandai did a terrible job on that line. It was mismanaged and most of the figure were just plain not good. I think they felt cheap and I didn't like most of the sculpts. The Thundertank was cheap and couldn't even hold together without falling apart, and the playset was laughably bad. I feel like they didn't start getting it until the very end when it was too late. The 6" Tygra was a great figure. But at that point, it was already too late for the line.

But all of that is just my opinion on it. Just like you have yours. Opinions are going to vary.
    I'm not disagreeing with you about the vehicles and the playset. The thing is I generally do not collect vehicles and playsets, heh. Mostly only figures. And in that regard, playmates has done a poor job. Mummy Mumm-ra may be a little POC, but at least he comes with accessories. I actually like his little molded-gold gauntlet even though he, himself, can't actually wear it

I'm an accessories maven. I buy figures I don't like all the time just for the extras they come with. These guys don't come with squat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    And yet TMNT will still be #1 heading into Christmas and be around a min of 2-3 years longer then TC. Imagine that
    I can't argue with the truth -- no matter how sad it is.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; April 8, 2013 at 04:37pm.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    The Dogpound / Fishface wave has FINALLY hit the UK.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Dan, I cannot wait for those new TMNT figures. I actually dreamt about finding those at a Wal-Mart last night. And then I also found some old stock Technodromes clearanced out for around $10 and some Plan B Special Forces figures that I had to keep fighting some old guy for. It was a darn weird dream, but disappointing to wake up from!

About those ooze throwing turtles, I don't plan on buying any more of them,but I did grab Raphael. He's not well artiuclated (only 4 POA) but his backpack, uniform, and little accessories are kind of neat. I used some old Nickelodeon slime (my favorite) and was really happy with how the thing worked: http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/04/...ze-tossin.html
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I saw on another forum that people were claiming to have found the new figures at Wal-Mart, maybe elsewhere. They've started showing up on Amazon for $30-45. Anybody here found them yet? And if so it would be great to know what store and general region or state?

I'm dying to find them, Snakeweed looks awesome. As far as scale, its a $7-9 toy...seriously how can we expect accurate scale? We don't even get that on "premium" adult collector lines. And we know basic figures have to fit in that package so no real surprises there. The first time Snakeweed showed up wasn't he nearly Godzilla-sized? Nobody seems to mind his reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    I saw on another forum that people were claiming to have found the new figures at Wal-Mart, maybe elsewhere. They've started showing up on Amazon for $30-45. Anybody here found them yet? And if so it would be great to know what store and general region or state?

I'm dying to find them, Snakeweed looks awesome. As far as scale, its a $7-9 toy...seriously how can we expect accurate scale? We don't even get that on "premium" adult collector lines. And we know basic figures have to fit in that package so no real surprises there. The first time Snakeweed showed up wasn't he nearly Godzilla-sized? Nobody seems to mind his reduction.
    As an adult collector scale bothers me, in classics as well, thats why i LOVED the MOTU stactions so much. but outside of the four turtles, i buy TMNT for a kid and mostly he doesn't mind, but i think when he sees the size difference for a minute he is let down, but kids imaginations usually make due. but it would be nice if they came with deluxe figures of dogpound snake weed, fishface and leatherhead - at least the size of the talking figures. I'd collect those for myself
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

It looks like they still have more Splinter's in storage, somewhere. I saw him at a couple of places...

I was in Kansas City over the weekend and stopped at almost every Walmart and Target near my destinations (or along the way) on a hunt for the new figures. Found what I needed at the first two I stopped at (Walmart/Target) and the last one (Walmart) but over half the stores did not have any of them. Saw a few Aprils/Kraangs/Splinters along the way. Still nothing in my home region yet.

Either Snakeweed is the hot seller, or he's only packed 1 to every 2 Baxters and 2 Leatherheads ... that's the one I had the most trouble finding.

If I remember the case ratio Snakeweed is 1 per case the same way Fish Face was 1 per case the last time new villains came out.

But I have seen them all week so they are hitting, just got to keep looking
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Still looking for these new figures, but no luck yet.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    My Target got in some; mostly cleaned out, but we were able to find my wife a Leatherhead. He's really cool, but he is a bit on the smaller side. No sign of the other two new figures, but there was an April, Splinter, and Foot Soldier that weren't there last week.

Cool to see Rat King and the Cockroach Terminator on the back of the package - hopefully they won't be too far out.

EDIT: TRU got in a ton of figures - found Baxter and Snakeweed no problem. So, caught up again!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

The new wave finally made it to the shelf in my podunk town's Walmart, but by the time I saw it someone had already bought the 3 villains leaving just 1 each of Leatherhead/Baxter. It sucks that Snakeweed, IMO the coolest figure of the bunch, is only 1 per case. I expect that to upset a lot of people.

The new wave finally made it to the shelf in my podunk town's Walmart, but by the time I saw it someone had already bought the 3 villains leaving just 1 each of Leatherhead/Baxter. It sucks that Snakeweed, IMO the coolest figure of the bunch, is only 1 per case. I expect that to upset a lot of people.

I doubt it. Just because they are 1 per case doesn't make them hard to get. I still come across Splinter's, Fishface's, Kraang's, and April's.

I saw Snakeweed a couple of times already and passed. I just don't care for the head sculpt.

It sucks that Snakeweed, IMO the coolest figure of the bunch, is only 1 per case. I expect that to upset a lot of people.
    Normally a 1 per case would but thankfully this is where the incredible sales of the TMNT line help, stores have quite a few cases in the back so he gets put back out fairly quickly

Yay, found Leatherhead and Stockman at TRU! Stockman is fantastic, though I wish they would have at least packaged him with one mouser. I'ma get the 7 pack that is coming, but couldn't hurt to have one more.

Leatherhead is cool and have enough articulation for me, but I wish he had come with SOMETHING. At least the little power cell from the toon.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

My son's b-day is on Monday, we luckily found Bax and Snakeweed... top of his TMNT list, so I think he will be pretty surprised as he has no idea that they are in the stores yet!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

BBTS now has the sewer lair in stock. Unfortunately I found this out by being billed for it when my intent was to try and find it in a store for less first. This means it might be showing up in stores soon, I imagine?

Normally a 1 per case would but thankfully this is where the incredible sales of the TMNT line help, stores have quite a few cases in the back so he gets put back out fairly quickly
    My impression from all of the stores I've been back and forth to numerous times between various cities is that certain stores turn over stock quickly, but certain other stores not much at all. And I am seeing quite a few of the basic 4 turtles warming pegs all by themselves lately.

BBTS now has the sewer lair in stock. Unfortunately I found this out by being billed for it when my intent was to try and find it in a store for less first. This means it might be showing up in stores soon, I imagine?

My impression from all of the stores I've been back and forth to numerous times between various cities is that certain stores turn over stock quickly, but certain other stores not much at all. And I am seeing quite a few of the basic 4 turtles warming pegs all by themselves lately.

I'm not even sure how they are selling here right now. My interest in the line is incredibly low right now. I am hoping the mousers will be something I want to buy.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait till playmates corrects the scale problem by putting out 4 smaller turtles possibly with the same bodies

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    So how long do we think it's going to be until we start seeing final pics of Classic Bebop and Rocksteady? I know that it's still a couple of months, or whatever, before they're officially supposed to hit shelves, but I'd think we would see some sort of images before that.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    So how long do we think it's going to be until we start seeing final pics of Classic Bebop and Rocksteady? I know that it's still a couple of months, or whatever, before they're officially supposed to hit shelves, but I'd think we would see some sort of images before that.
    It would have to be in the next few weeks, they are scheduled to ship from Playmates to retailers in July

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it was only a Toys R Us retail exclusive for last year, it should be at Kmart, Target, and Walmart sometime this year

That is the point, the 4 Basic TMNT figures are supposed to be available at all times. That is why they are always packed in a case regardless of the enemies and villains. Its not pegwarming, its by design.

That is the point, the 4 Basic TMNT figures are supposed to be available at all times. That is why they are always packed in a case regardless of the enemies and villains. Its not pegwarming, its by design.
    I know that you have said this before but what I am saying is that week after week, in some stores, I literally see the exact same turtles still hanging there. I can tell from their unique paint and package quirks. In other stores, generally in more highly populated areas, I've seen better turnover. People out in smaller rural towns (like mine) have a harder time finding the new figures and just watch more and more turtles stack up. How long do you think they will keep up the "always all 4 in a case" strategy, and do the variants replace the originals in some cases or are you saying it is always the four originals? If the variants count I can see that working over the long haul but to keep issuing the originals forever, if the line goes on for years, seems like a strange idea.

in toronto seems the ooze flinging turtles are warming the pegs, no new figures have been seen yet and the basic turtles aren't easy to find. the other turtles that shoot stuff are easy to find too. I think the bigger scale figs don't sell well because they aren't scale compatible with the villains. they should (as a collector) release the bigger villains in that scale not turtles with action features. just my opinion i think they will sell at that size.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Don't know if it's a hidden part of the Memorial Day sale or what, but TRU (online) has a pretty good price going right now on the sewer lair. Unfortunately their current 15% promo code (see their main page) won't apply to it, but I used a $10 gift card from the last promotion and went for it anyway. It also acted as an effective free shipping pad item for some other stuff I wanted -- even though I did in-store pickup for the lair it still counted it toward the free ship total.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    It seems the UK's distribution has hit a problem.

Me and my brother both collect this line and have been after Dogpound, Fishface and Metalhead for over a month now - we asked one of the guys at the Entertainer why these were so hard to get. We were told that Playmates have got the new case ratio of waver 2 wrong - it consists of all the Turtles, Shredder, Splinter, April and ONE of the new guys per case.

So basically the same assortment that was released last fall is still overly available now with 1 new character per box. They said Playmates are trying to sort out the ratio to something evenly balanced. I've seen so many kids every Saturday morning looking for "new baddies" but unable to find any.

Hope this is sorted out soon, we have the Ooze figures coming this month too and I hope wave 3 doesn't take too long to get here.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~