Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1854

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    I wish they would have made an SDCC exclusive that was a "classic".
    Yeah. It never made sense to me how, if they have two lines, one high end one aimed at nerd collectors and one aimed at kids, that the SDCC exclusive (which is high end and aimed at nerd collectors) would be from the kids line.
    Also, I want to say that I do web searches every day for new images of Classics Bebob and Rocksteady. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I still have doubts about whether the Classic line will be available at all retailers. Seems more likely they'll be limited to one store again.
    They will most likely be Toys R Us and specialty retail (Diamond Distribution aka Comic Book Shops, online retail like BBTS, Nerd Rage, Entertainment Earth, my store, Amazon, etc).

Walmart and Target have them in their system but they are not in any planograms so they were only available the last time on their websites, I don't see that to change much given they don't have the space to allocate to TMNT 4" AND Classics huge blister packaging
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Yeah, I can't really see them going from "Available Nowhere" to "Available Everywhere" status -- even in the span of months.

I really think this distribution scheme/method hurts the line's longevity. Not just this line, but collector's lines in general. Prices get inflated. Then people feel cheated when the prices come back down to Earth
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Thanks Dan for the reply!

I still have doubts about whether the Classic line will be available at all retailers. Seems more likely they'll be limited to one store again.
    BBTS will be getting them as I have already pre-ordered mine...since I had to sell my first set due to medical bills
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

I also sold mine off. The price of the figures plus lack of display space did me in. If I see them in stores again, I might pick up another Mikey. But I definitely won't be buying another set of four.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    BBTS will be getting them as I have already pre-ordered mine...since I had to sell my first set due to medical bills
    Yeah have 3 cases on order, I have not presold them yet because the last time Playmates sent them in pretty crappy packaging so a few were damaged and I would hate to presell damaged product. Plus they refuse to give us a proper breakdown so we have no idea if there are 2,4,or 6 Bebop and Rocksteady sets
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Mod interruption for this special message: Please keep all discussion of trades & buy/sell offers to Private Message or in the Marketplace areas. This thread is just for discussion of the line(s).

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled discussion...
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Found the rat king and cockroach exterminator at toyrus last night. I didn't buy them because my boys aren't into turtles much anymore, but they looked cool. Also saw one of the third version turtles about as good as the ooze turtles.
    Is not not licking toads

Whatever happened to the ooze bitterant issue? Nobody really mentions it anymore.

Weren't they supposed to fix the problem?

Whatever happened to the ooze bitterant issue? Nobody really mentions it anymore.

Weren't they supposed to fix the problem?
    I heard they fixed it in subsequent shipments. Well fix it meaning they lowered the amount of bitterant so it was not as offensive

Is there any way for us to differentiate between the fixed batch and the older batch?

Picked up The Rat King and Cochroach boy on sunday.

Is there any way for us to differentiate between the fixed batch and the older batch?
    taste test.

I'm wondering this as well, is there a "new!!! not as nasty" burst on the package?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    taste test.

"Damn fool, I knew you were gonna say that." -- Han Solo

"Damn fool, I knew you were gonna say that." -- Han Solo

it's like t-ball sometime you just gotta swing at it because it's right there.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

LOL. At least you didn't follow it up with Kenobi's "Who's the more foolish....." line

- - - Updated - - -

MY TRU has some classics out. I guess that answers the question of where to look for them

And before anyone asks, they didn't have any villains and I didn't buy any of them.
    They also had zipline or zipchord mikey. Terrible figure

Heroic Warrior
    I haven't seen Ooze on shelves in months, that's one way to fix the problem lol.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    I haven't seen Ooze on shelves in months, that's one way to fix the problem lol.

I was thinking that myself, but I don't really look for it anymore.

I have ooze that I might want to get rid of -- minus the mini figures -- but I don't know what the rules are regarding shipping liquids in the mail.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    So we're going to get reissues of some vintage figures - didn't they do this a few years ago?

Also we're getting the 4 Movie Turtles!!! Best news so far
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I think this is a bad idea. They're holding off on the Classics Bebop and Rocksteady that have already been shown so that they can release the vintage figures (again!), and these new movie turtles.

This is what will happen ... People won't want to buy another set of 4 turtles in Classics, Playmates will see it as a failure, and then no more Classics will be released as the line is seen to not be doing well, which means no Bebop, rocksteady or any other figures like Splinter, Shredder, April, Casey etc, etc.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I think Bebop and Rocksteady will still be released, but we won't see any more Classic figures after that. I don't think the movie figures will sell well and they are doing those vintage figures again.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I think this is a bad idea. They're holding off on the Classics Bebop and Rocksteady that have already been shown so that they can release the vintage figures (again!), and these new movie turtles.

This is what will happen ... People won't want to buy another set of 4 turtles in Classics, Playmates will see it as a failure, and then no more Classics will be released as the line is seen to not be doing well, which means no Bebop, rocksteady or any other figures like Splinter, Shredder, April, Casey etc, etc.
    Bebop and Rocksteady are essentially "Wave 2", which is this Fall.
    032-SDCC-2013-Playmates-TMNT.jpg
    Movie Turtles are "Wave 3" which is Spring 2014.
    033-SDCC-2013-Playmates-TMNT.jpg
    As much as I dig the idea of those Movie Turtles, I really wish we were getting more variety/interesting figures for that Classics collection. I'm also EXTREMELY bummed that we haven't seen updated, production versions of Bebop and Rocksteady. Playmates doesn't seem too terribly interested in hyping the Classics line to the fans.
    Last edited by TrimmTrabb; July 19, 2013 at 08:44am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    So we're going to get reissues of some vintage figures - didn't they do this a few years ago?
    Yep. They were $10+ and shelf-warmed like crazy.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I just found Rat King and the 4 stealth turtles at Toys R Us last night. I had decided I wasn't going to be picking up TMNT variants other than Raphael (my favorite) but these guys were just too cool. I'm a sucker for anything that's stealthy/ covert ops-ish. They're really, really fun. Not as well articulated as the original turtles but much better than the Ooze Tossin' Turtles. Lots of cool, unique accessoriesand fun little details on the figures. I'll get around to reviewing them soon.

Didn't see the Cockroach Exterminator, so I'll still be looking for him.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"