Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1645

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I don't really think there are fears of the line getting cancelled any time soon. Not as long as that new cartoon is as successful as it is. As long as Playmates is raking in the cash on the Nick line, I think they'll continue the Classics line alongside it. But, we should definitely let go of all hope that TMNT Classics will be anything like other "Classics" lines we've seen. Playmates isn't quite in touch with the collector market, and admits that. We're definitely not going to see a wide variety of characters in Classics, either, I don't think. And the release schedule will continue to be very slow. I'm guessing 4-6 figures a year, tops with that line.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    BUT, the proto-type movie Leonardo looks good. And although its ultimately a subjective opinion, they do seem to be fan-demanded variants. They also still fall within the "classic" banner since they're from a movie that was released many years ago and based on action figures released within the classic TMNT line. IF they'd shoved up-scaled versions of the Nick turtles into the "classics" range, then I could understand the disappointment. BUT, if Playmates had to do variants of the turtles (and this is Playmates, so we know they're ALL about variants of the turtles), then the movie versions seem to be the best possible choice.
    I totally passed on the first set of Classic Turtles... But the movie ones? I am ALL OVER THOSE. That first Turtles movie is still one of my favorite comic films of all time, as it (surprisingly for the time) was much more based on the comic source material than the kidified cartoon version. And as much as I love the old Playmates Movie Star Turtles , the new Classics versions look just about perfect. The announcement of those was one of the 2 big excitements for me at SDCC- the other being a Mattel Keaton Batman.

I absolutely can't wait to buy them.

Sallah

They, obviously, weren't looking ahead when they put out the four turtles. They made them too big to base a line around. I got rid of mine before the reissues hit. I wasn't sure I wanted them and I could just buy them again. So I moved them while there was still some demand for them. Now that I know the movie figures are on the way, there's no reason for me to replace them. Those were never what I wanted anyway. I'm not a huge turtles fan. To me, the turtles are the vintage figures and the first movie. I have nothing else to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    I totally passed on the first set of Classic Turtles... But the movie ones? I am ALL OVER THOSE. That first Turtles movie is still one of my favorite comic films of all time, as it (surprisingly for the time) was much more based on the comic source material than the kidified cartoon version. And as much as I love the old Playmates Movie Star Turtles , the new Classics versions look just about perfect. The announcement of those was one of the 2 big excitements for me at SDCC- the other being a Mattel Keaton Batman.

I absolutely can't wait to buy them.

Sallah

Two of each, baby

- - - Updated - - -

I saw a Leatherhead at a Marshalls. Kind of strange...

- - - Updated - - -

My Toys R Us got a ton of classics in. They jacked them up to $22.99.

I think the "line" is officially dead. With those weird hands and feet, I don't see them selling well at that price.

Look what I found in the wild today at a TRU... Ninja AT3! 3 of them, and several Ninja Stealth Bikes, but no Kraang Hoverboards yet (the one I REALLY want). On a big toy hunt/vacation this weekend I found that Target is the best bet for the latest wave, where I found Cockroach Terminator and all Stealth Techs -- but after 8 Targets and 2 TRUs I still couldn't find a Rat King.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    My Toys R Us got a ton of classics in. They jacked them up to $22.99.
    Dude, I dunno where you must live or how they get away with that.. You're always reporting high prices at your TRU. A 200 mile radius around me still has them at $19.99 as of today.
    Last edited by Donatello; August 12, 2013 at 01:53am.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    Dude, I dunno where you must live or how they get away with that.. You're always reporting high prices at your TRU. A 200 mile radius around me still has them at $19.99 as of today.

I can't understand it. I happened upon Masterpiece Soundwave and he was like $150.

Has anyone found the new Shredder yet? I am pumped up. I made him this weapon using two Bane's.

Seems like the apoxie sculpt did the trick. I still have to throw a little paint on it. I hope he can hold it

- - - Updated - - -

FYI,
    Huge playset is $100 at Target and Walmart.

Heroic Warrior
    They, obviously, weren't looking ahead when they put out the four turtles. They made them too big to base a line around.
    That's kind of my thought too... I loved the look of them based on the cartoon, and the actual chains on the nunchucks.... but when I actually SAW them in the store O.O They were HUGE!! That was a MAJOR turn off for me.

LOL. I wonder how big Mumm-ra would have been if Bandai had produced him?

They might have known that it was never going to amount to a "real" line. You can't have a real line and have it be a pseudo TRU exclusive. When they stop selling, TRU won't mark them down to make room for the next wave. And when they are selling, they jack the price up and hurt sales. Either way, line dead.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; August 15, 2013 at 08:57pm.

I was in Kmart today, the place that never has anything, and I decided to stop by toys. Holy crap, was I surprised. They had the AT3, and a Rat King & Cockroach. Their basics are priced $7.99 to boot. Bought all 3, going to get my $5 back on the AT3 from TRU. I can now rest easy until the next new figures release.

Not only that but they had all 4 Star Wars Blacks hanging there. Did not buy those, must resist inevitably endless SW lines.

My TRU got in the Retro classics figures. $14.99 for guys with 5-7 points of articulation

FYI,
    Huge playset is $100 at Target and Walmart.
    and I might add, this is TOTALLY worth it. I got this for my kids last Christmas at TRU, was on sale for $99. its one of the best playsets produced since the 90's.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got Snakeweed and Rat King yesterday. Does anyone know if the vintage retro series is being released only in the US? I really hope they come to the UK.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

If you aren't getting the classics over there, then I can't see any reason why you would get the retro figures.

If you aren't getting the classics over there, then I can't see any reason why you would get the retro figures.
    We have the classic figures released here, so hopefully the retros will follow
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I should have checked to see if the retros come with figure stands. They have pegholes in the feet, you would think Playmates would include a stand for $15 (but maybe not).

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Got Snakeweed and Rat King yesterday. Does anyone know if the vintage retro series is being released only in the US? I really hope they come to the UK.
    Haven't seen Rat King in my town yet but have seen Snakeweed. Really want Rat King
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

So far I have seen Leatherhead, Snake Weed and Cockroach Terminator multiple times, only saw Rat King once which is when I got him.

Hopefully we get Spider Bytez before the year too. Also looking forward to that samurai Splinter.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    We have the classic figures released here, so hopefully the retros will follow
    We do? Can you tell me where they're available please?

So, the awesomeness of MOTUC combined with the fact the line may end in the next couple of years made me think that it would be great to collect a similar line from my 2nd favourite property: TMNT.
    Trouble is, there just seems to be too many different lines out right now. I have no interest in the new Nick line as there's little nostalgic value there.
    I want a line like MOTUC - modern figures with a nod to the look of the vintage, which I guess is what the TMNT 'classics' line is?
    The Bebop and Rocksteady figs look awesome - but from what I read here that line may not continue on long enough to get to some of the later figs, like, say Wingnut or Mutagen Man?
    Not sure I want to jump in if it's going to be a very limited line. Is there even anything planned beyond B & R?
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Warrior
    ^^^^

The only officially announced Classics beyond Bebop and Rocksteady are new action figures based on the appearance of the turtles in the first live action movie.

BUT, various reports from SDCC stated that Playmates indicated that we would be seeing Shredder and Splinter released as Classics action figures before the end of 2014. Of course, Playmates has no issues with cancelling action figures, so whether or not we see Shredder and Splinter will ultimately depend upon the sales of Bebop, Rocksteady and the movie turtles.

Wow, that sucks. There are a ridiculous amount of versions of the 4 turtles now, I can't decide which set I like best, they all have their merits but none of them are quite perfect to me.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    We do? Can you tell me where they're available please?

So, the awesomeness of MOTUC combined with the fact the line may end in the next couple of years made me think that it would be great to collect a similar line from my 2nd favourite property: TMNT.
    Trouble is, there just seems to be too many different lines out right now. I have no interest in the new Nick line as there's little nostalgic value there.
    I want a line like MOTUC - modern figures with a nod to the look of the vintage, which I guess is what the TMNT 'classics' line is?
    The Bebop and Rocksteady figs look awesome - but from what I read here that line may not continue on long enough to get to some of the later figs, like, say Wingnut or Mutagen Man?
    Not sure I want to jump in if it's going to be a very limited line. Is there even anything planned beyond B & R?
    I've seen the classic Turtles at The Entertainer, TRU, Forbidden Planet, Debenhams and House of Fraser.

The new Nickelodeon Turtles do have some nostalgia to them for me at least as they are closer to the vintage line than the 200X version. A lot of the vintage characters are making appearances (although redesigned). I'm assuming that we'll get the classic Bebop and Rocksteady this autumn and there is talk of the movie Turtles, Shredder and Splinter.

Just realized I hadn't posted these here yet, so if you haven't seen them...

Rat King Review:

Cockroach Terminator Review:

Ninja Control Shellraiser Review:

That Ninja Control Shellraiser is a lot of fun, I must say. Kids are going to LOVE it!

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    ^^^^

The only officially announced Classics beyond Bebop and Rocksteady are new action figures based on the appearance of the turtles in the first live action movie.

BUT, various reports from SDCC stated that Playmates indicated that we would be seeing Shredder and Splinter released as Classics action figures before the end of 2014. Of course, Playmates has no issues with cancelling action figures, so whether or not we see Shredder and Splinter will ultimately depend upon the sales of Bebop, Rocksteady and the movie turtles.
    I really don't understand the inclusion of the movie turtles. I much rather would have seen Shredder, Splinter, Casey, and April. I sadly have a feeling that we won't get any of those.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Anyone else notice the ooze is like no where to be found anymore? I missed out on 1 of the turtles in the set and its like POOF! I wonder if it was recalled cause its NASTY as hell!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Anyone else notice the ooze is like no where to be found anymore? I missed out on 1 of the turtles in the set and its like POOF! I wonder if it was recalled cause its NASTY as hell!
    There is a second series coming out soon with new colors. The green ooze will still be there, but we're also getting orange, blue, red, and purple ooze. I think the turtles inside will be the same, but maybe recolored. I assume the first series of Ooze is just sold out now, and this new series will be coming out soon to fill that void.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I saw it in livingston not more than two weeks ago as I recall. I didn't pick it up thouh. Now, if they did a prop replica of TMNT 2 ooze canister...with ooze in it... but then again, this is playmates
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV