Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    In Northern California/East Bay Area these don't even have a space dedicated to them yet. All Toys R Us' and Targets and Walmarts have large clearance areas that should go down once the new wave of stuff is ready to be put on the shelf.

Wow, okay, I can't believe I didn't notice this before or that no one, maybe someone has and I didn't notice, pointed it out. ALL of the Don figures are not actually colored like Don from the original toy line or the 200x toy line. Also, Mickey's and Raph's skin tones are switched. I know, I know, it is very nit-picky of me and fanboyish, and WAY too late for anything to brought up to Playmates. At some point, I guess I will be doing customs to make me happy.
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

Well they're supposed to reflect the cartoon more and less the toyline.

just use the finder, and save gas:
    http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot...0494&desc=null
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    Well they should be in stock at every single Target for their launch on the 29th, the issue is whether you can get someone to get them from the back. There are some really disinterested Target employees I have seen
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well they should be in stock at every single Target for their launch on the 29th, the issue is whether you can get someone to get them from the back. There are some really disinterested Target employees I have seen
    I do think Target employees are the worst about being helpful with stuff like this. Toys R Us and Walmart are usually much more helpful.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone know what the actual street date on these is supposed to be? Target last night would only tell me they have a street date, but acted like the actual date itself is a closely-guarded secret.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

If I were to go to my local Target's, what should I say to an employee to ask about them getting me one of these figures? There's mention of a "DCPI" number in this thread, but what is it and should I bring it up to an employee to find?

My brother got me a case today from Target, no problems whatsoever getting the whole thing. I kept what I wanted and put the rest up for a few cents above cost in my online store. The case does say do not put out on the shelf till 7/29/2012 so keep that in mind and its best to not talk to management to get them

Can't wait to open up my set when I get home!
    Are these the Classics? I think I'm going to try to get some of them when they come out. So you buy in bulk for your store AND buy at retail? Which Target did your brother get them at?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Are these the Classics? I think I'm going to try to get some of them when they come out. So you buy in bulk for your store AND buy at retail? Which Target did your brother get them at?
    No today was the 2012 Animated Turtles, the Classics still have not shipped to stores that we know of (that might change shortly)

My brother got them at the Merle Hay Target, all the others I would assume also have them in the back

I buy from distributors in bulk and wholesale, when I buy retail its usually something I want to try out in my store.

Buying these by the case was more an issue of I did not want to wait for my distribution cases that will ship next month and I figured it was just easier in order to get the ones I wanted today to buy the whole case and sell the others for around cost on my store.

So normally I would not because I won't make any money (and Playmates is giving a ridiculous discount to wholesale let me tell you), but this was because I am impatient

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    If I were to go to my local Target's, what should I say to an employee to ask about them getting me one of these figures? There's mention of a "DCPI" number in this thread, but what is it and should I bring it up to an employee to find?
    DCPI is the stock number that stores use to track an item, at Target you can put this number into their little red price check machines and it will tell you the price, location in the store and whether they have more in the back stockroom.

The DCPI for the TMNT 2012 figures is 087-06-0494

Basically tell that to a floor worker and you might be walking out with the 2012 Animated Turtles tonight

The official release date is 7/29/2012 that is on a big blue label on my case today, but unlike Walmart its not hardcoded in the registers so they ring right up

In case anyone is wondering the case packout for Target is

4x of each of the Turtles
    2x of Splinter
    2x of Shredder
    2x of Foot Solider
    1x of April
    1x of Kraang

So Kraang and April will be shortpacked
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    After the initial pics surfaced there was some concern whether he could hold his staff okay. This just proves everything is cool.

Here is another review;
    http://www.toyworldorder.com/2012/07...wave-1-review/

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    I have 3 cases of these bad boys preordered, this is probably the thing my customers are most excited for. I think they nailed it in design as well as packaging!

They look better than I thought they would. Playmates, please, please, PLEASE make more than just the turtles in this line.

I will not be satisfied until I have a Mutagen Man and Muckman/Joe Eyeball Classics figure.

So, has the classic line been confirmed as being called "Wave 1" with the chance of more cartoon accurate toys coming, or are people just ad-libbing this term in their reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    So, has the classic line been confirmed as being called "Wave 1" with the chance of more cartoon accurate toys coming, or are people just ad-libbing this term in their reviews?
    Nothing has been confirmed past this, Playmates has always said if it sold well then we would get more.

Unless something horrific happens I fully expect it to go to a Wave 2 and 3 as do almost any retailer I have talked with. Its not like Bandai and Thundercats, TMNT is a proven seller at retail time and time again.

I can tell you they sold so many they increased the case from 8 figures to 12 figures to meet demand. This does not usually happen unless retail has bought in hard. And its even distribution so there won't be any odd packouts.

I am liking these 4" 2012 ones, I played with them tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I do think Target employees are the worst about being helpful with stuff like this. Toys R Us and Walmart are usually much more helpful.
    not in this area, Wal-Mart has the worst customer service around here. K-Mart is getting bad with the lazy kids they are hiring. Target has been much better for me.
    either way, I'm waking up and using that link every day, and through-out the day in case they get a truck in. It covers a dozen stores in this area, and saves tons of driving and calling. I wish I knew about this link, but only came to know about it a few days ago by someone on TFW2005.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Woot! I went to two Target's and the first one had a kinda "dumb guy" employee who went in to the back to ask someone who would know the toy to come out and deny me the sale (but he at least confirmed that they have them and that they'll be sold on the 29th). The next Target (my local ghetto Target) had a girl who checked out the number, called someone in the back to confirm them, and oddly had a guy bring up the toys to the customer service section for me to get instead of just bringing them to me directly or at least out to the floor. What was even odder was that the guy in the back said they had 24 pieces, but that they were all the same. I didn't call any of the figures by name, so I only asked for two pieces and they both ended up being Leo. When I bought them at the front, I went back to the same girl, pointed at the box and asked if I could talk to the guy in the back or at least see what the 24 pieces all looked like so I could get the set. She just said "I asked the guy and he said they were all the same," so I wasn't gonna push my luck any further and I thanked her for the help and left. I realized that even getting one of these toys puts me ahead of the game, so I'm fine with what I got =)

My thanks to Markatisu and the Target number he gave out to check with and I hope everyone out there has as good of luck as I did in finding some of these early!! (and I still have two more targets I can check out tomorrow, lol!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Someone on facebook got all 4 and they look great once together.

The more I look at them, the more I think they made Michelangelo just a tad too short. Minor quibble though. These designs are probably the best since the orginals came out.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Totally gonna get the Classics Turtles... if I can find them at retail.
    This message has been Orko Approved

I found the DCPI Number for the TMNT Classics its 242-19-1466

But checking stock all around the nation shows Target does not have any yet, so it looks like right now all they have in their stockrooms nationwide is the 2012 Animated figures

I found the DCPI Number for the TMNT Classics its 242-19-1466

But checking stock all around the nation shows Target does not have any yet, so it looks like right now all they have in their stockrooms nationwide is the 2012 Animated figures
    I suspect that Target will have some kind of Clone Wars/Marvel movie like display for the turtles too. I think they are trying for a big bang launch for this line. My grail of the whole line is that play set. Has there been confirmation on who will be carrying the monstrosity?
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    I suspect that Target will have some kind of Clone Wars/Marvel movie like display for the turtles too. I think they are trying for a big bang launch for this line. My grail of the whole line is that play set. Has there been confirmation on who will be carrying the monstrosity?
    Not yet, most people are guessing Walmart won the rights to carry it exclusively. All we know for sure is Playmates canceled it on the distribution level to e-tailers meaning one of the big box stores got it or is getting it as a timed exclusive.

The fold out booklet that comes with the 2012 Turtles figures shows the playset so I wonder if its just a timed thing where Walmart gets it for 1-2 months and then it will be everywhere.

Yeah from what I hear Target has a big TMNT Display to put out the week the show launches it similar to what they are doing for Spiderman and Avengers right now.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I Need to get those classic Turtles figures!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"