Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

I really dig the 2012 styled turtles, the foot ninja is ok everyone else I dislike.

but the plastic 'chain' on mikey's weapons is (I never use this term but I am now) an epic fail! when I was a kid I cut them apart and used a string
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I really dig the 2012 styled turtles, the foot ninja is ok everyone else I dislike.

but the plastic 'chain' on mikey's weapons is (I never use this term but I am now) an epic fail! when I was a kid I cut them apart and used a string
    Somehow I'm gonna get the Classic's nunchucks from Mikey and give it to the 2012 series version (possibly even the other Classic's weapons for the other turtles, if they're that much better). I just gotta figure out how I can buy the weapons without having to pay for the entire figure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post

Yeah and the worst part is they are burnt orange but when you fold the weapons to put them on his back (each turtle has slots to put their weapons on their shells) it causes a stress in the plastic so it turns white
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I went into target today and they had the Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles out. I was kind of thrown off by their colors. Since the vintage toy line, I've gotten used to the particular shade of green for each of the turtles. Even the new TMNT Classics line keeps the vintage toy colors. I'm also not digging the really big feet. It'll be the Classic line for me. Or maybe I'll just spend that money on vintage TMNT.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I went into target today and they had the Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles out. I was kind of thrown off by their colors. Since the vintage toy line, I've gotten used to the particular shade of green for each of the turtles. Even the new TMNT Classics line keeps the vintage toy colors. I'm also not digging the really big feet. It'll be the Classic line for me. Or maybe I'll just spend that money on vintage TMNT.
    I hated the big feet and arms in the 2007 movie, sad to see that stuck with the new series
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

well it looks like every figure that is not a turtle may be a pass for me. It is either the design or lack of articulation/weapons that I do not like.

The classics are GREAT and I hope they get to shredder, footsoldier, rocksteady and beepop!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    well it looks like every figure that is not a turtle may be a pass for me. It is either the design or lack of articulation/weapons that I do not like.

The classics are GREAT and I hope they get to shredder, footsoldier, rocksteady and beepop!
    Yeah the Turtles really are the stars of the line, Shredder is OK but the Deluxe Shredder looks like a better toy. April, Kraang, and Splinter are throwaways imho. The Foot Soliders are the Foot Soliders, they are fooder lol
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I saw these in a TRU yesterday and I think they look great. Probably the best representation of the Turtles besides the Neca ones sculpted by 4H. But I am very anxious for the classics line, even with the stupid kid gimmick features.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Are the classics similar in scale to these and the originals? My son REALLY wants the sewer playset for the turtles he already has and I was wondering compadability wise if it would work. Also, I'd rather buy the classics as the weapons look nicer IMO. I'ld also rather get him a proper splinter, april, and Krang...love the brain, hate the robot!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Are the classics similar in scale to these and the originals? My son REALLY wants the sewer playset for the turtles he already has and I was wondering compadability wise if it would work. Also, I'd rather buy the classics as the weapons look nicer IMO. I'ld also rather get him a proper splinter, april, and Krang...love the brain, hate the robot!
    The Classics are much larger than the originals, with that said I think I heard that all gens of TMNT toys wil work in the massive Sewer Playset

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The Classics are much larger than the originals, with that said I think I heard that all gens of TMNT toys wil work in the massive Sewer Playset
    Thanks Mark! I'll stick with my flea market steals for him then figure wise (going rate around here is $.50 a guy) and splurge on the playset once I find it!

I thought that toys r us are getting large versions of the classics but that there are also 6" scale versions as well?
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Ack!! I had an entire case of these in my hands today and right at the last second the guy saw the "Do Not Sell" sticker on the side of the box and took them away!!1!! He was being real nice, he saw that they had these in stock when I gave him the DCPI number, checked the system to see that he had 24 of them, asked what I wanted and went in the back himself to get them, and instead of bringing me the four turtles I asked for he brought out the entire case to let me sift through it myself. Sadly, right as he pulled out his razor to cut the box open, he saw the sticker and said "Awe man, I can't sell these to you. But here, check 'em out at least" It was like giving a blind man news eyes, but then taking them away (well, maybe not that dramatic, lol)

But in case anyone wants to know, here's what I'm finding out about the line when it's being released:

-July 29th is the shelf date for these figures

-Every store only seems to have twenty four pieces in stock, meaning they all only have one case assortment for each store at the moment.

-Looking at the figure pack out, with the lettering and TMNT logo on the box being read from left to right, the turtles are all on the left and the side assortments are all on the right.

-Each case assortment comes with multiple turtles and only one of each other figure (there might have been two Splinters, but I couldn't really tell before the guy closed the case back up on me)

My suggestion is if you really want these, plan on going first thing in the morning on the 29th because the jackasses like me who are getting a couple of these early mean that on release day there's gonna be that much less of them on the shelves for you to buy. I'm sure Target can, and will, get more figures in stock. But the question now is if they'll get in more orders before the launch date or is each store stuck with the one case for now.

Good luck to everyone who wants to find em asap!!

That Sewer Playset looks to be one incredible playset. I might have to pick it up just on principal. There's even a street level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Ack!! I had an entire case of these in my hands today and right at the last second the guy saw the "Do Not Sell" sticker on the side of the box and took them away!!1!! He was being real nice, he saw that they had these in stock when I gave him the DCPI number, checked the system to see that he had 24 of them, asked what I wanted and went in the back himself to get them, and instead of bringing me the four turtles I asked for he brought out the entire case to let me sift through it myself. Sadly, right as he pulled out his razor to cut the box open, he saw the sticker and said "Awe man, I can't sell these to you. But here, check 'em out at least" It was like giving a blind man news eyes, but then taking them away (well, maybe not that dramatic, lol)

But in case anyone wants to know, here's what I'm finding out about the line when it's being released:

-July 29th is the shelf date for these figures

-Every store only seems to have twenty four pieces in stock, meaning they all only have one case assortment for each store at the moment.

-Looking at the figure pack out, with the lettering and TMNT logo on the box being read from left to right, the turtles are all on the left and the side assortments are all on the right.

-Each case assortment comes with multiple turtles and only one of each other figure (there might have been two Splinters, but I couldn't really tell before the guy closed the case back up on me)

My suggestion is if you really want these, plan on going first thing in the morning on the 29th because the jackasses like me who are getting a couple of these early mean that on release day there's gonna be that much less of them on the shelves for you to buy. I'm sure Target can, and will, get more figures in stock. But the question now is if they'll get in more orders before the launch date or is each store stuck with the one case for now.

Good luck to everyone who wants to find em asap!!

Oh man, that's rough. You didn't happen to be in a Walmart, were you? I have a friend who that happened to but it was with Star Wars figures. They wouldn't sell them and took them from him never to be seen again.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I thought that toys r us are getting large versions of the classics but that there are also 6" scale versions as well?
    Not that I know of.
    My understanding is that everything in the new Nick style is in a 4-4.5" scale and all of the Classic stuff is a pinch above 6" scale (all of the Turtles are 6.25" tall).

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post

Oh man, that's rough. You didn't happen to be in a Walmart, were you? I have a friend who that happened to but it was with Star Wars figures. They wouldn't sell them and took them from him never to be seen again.
    Nah, it was Target. Thing is, the guy was in the electronics department, so he only put the box on the floor behind the counter. I was considering just waiting till he helped a customer in another aisle and just grabbing a bunch when no one was looking, but I didn't want to push my luck. One thing I'm pretty positive is that no one's gonna actually take that box back to the storage area and other people are gonna just grab figures from it when they see them all just lying there.. Kinda sucks, but I'm planning on hitting all my Target's on the 29th, so I'm hoping some good karma will be on my side and I can get everything I want on the 29th

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Each case assortment comes with multiple turtles and only one of each other figure (there might have been two Splinters, but I couldn't really tell before the guy closed the case back up on me)
    Just so you know for the 29th this is the case breakout

4x of each of the Turtles
    2x of Splinter
    2x of Shredder
    2x of Foot Solider
    1x of April
    1x of Kraang

That sucks what happened to you, I don't know why Target is freaking out, they are going to get more stock.

They just have 1 case at each store now but over the next 2 weeks will receive more to fully load the endcap.

- - - Updated - - -

TRU is getting Store Exclusive Gigantic Versions of the Turtles, they will first be sold at SDCC and online at TRU for $100 for the set of 4 then on store shelves for $30ea (so $120 for the set).

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    TRU is getting Store Exclusive Gigantic Versions of the Turtles, they will first be sold at SDCC and online at TRU for $100 for the set of 4 then on store shelves for $30ea (so $120 for the set).
    Really? Awesome!
    I just checked them out on toysrus
    Nice! I had no idea.

Amazon just put up the TMNT Classics at $19.99 (The "real" price should be $14-15) sold by Amazon directly, so they are jacking the price up but all 4 are in stock and so its about $80 shipped for free

What is THE fan site for TMNT? Just as he-man.org is to MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    What is THE fan site for TMNT? Just as he-man.org is to MOTU.
    Its called the Technodrome

Just do a google search for Technodrome forums and you will find it

Went ahead and bought these off of Amazon. Less than $80 foir the set of 4, plus I have free two day shipping. I'm good with that considering the only stores less than 30 minutes away from me is one Walmart and one Kmart.

I'm really liking the cartoon Turtles, though. While I wish the robotic body had more articulation, the Kraang is a really fun figure. If the body had more joints, he'd be amazing.

The figures are fun. They're "kid" enough that I find myself not being overly critical about them and enjoying them, but they have enough cool aspects to them that they feel worth investing in.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I scored the four of the 4" turtles today; I am satisfied until the 29th. That morning all gloves are off, and I hope to score everything at once, maybe an extra set of turtles. My daughter digs them a lot. When she saw the cases on the kitchen table after I got home, there was a huge deep "WOW". As I opened them, she played with each, and at one point toted Leonardo around in her arms like a baby doll.

I saw one person was asking about the play set, I don't suppose it will work well with the 'classics' turtles, but I am fairly sure vintage, movie(s), and 200x turtle lines should work with it.

I am absolutely surprised that these guys don't share much tooling, IF any, that I could find. They are all different heights as well. Don seems to be the tallest and skinniest, Raph a smidge shorter but stockie (he just looks like a bruiser), Leo is the 3rd in height with an average build, and Mikey is the smallest. The interesting thing is Mikey was super packed, meaning the body, a nunchuck, the weapons pack, and each arm was twist tie; the must be expecting more theft with Mikey or something
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Went ahead and bought these off of Amazon. Less than $80 foir the set of 4, plus I have free two day shipping.
    I just ordered them as well, though I'm doing the free super saver shipping (don't have prime). About the only real downside is not being able to pick and choose between figures to get the ones with the best paint apps. But when/if any retailers in the area get these in stock, whose to say how many of each they will actually have if I even manage to find them. I may get stuck getting the only one of each Turtle that they have (if they even have all 4 in stock at once on the shelf when/if I find them) and won't have much of a choice anyway. Eve if the in store price ends up being something like $16 to $17 each, once you add tax, it isn't all that far off from ordering on Amazon for $19.99 each with no tax and free shipping.... and it's just less hassle overall.

Heck, it's still cheaper than buying a MOTUC figure with what shipping and tax costs on them!

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but Toys R Us has the new figure line (not the classics) up for preorder right now including the figures, Shallraiser vehicle, and child cos-play items, so that's one option for anyone who wants to collect them and doesn't care for "the hunt". Of course I'm sure their prices are higher than most other places, and given some past experiences with orders that I've placed for other products (including some of the MOTUC/DC packs and the recent Thundercats line), do not order from them if you even remotely care about the condition of the packaging. Even if the toys, themselves, are intact, there's a good chance that the packaging will show up looking like it was sent to the 10th level of hell and back at least a few times.

I'm not even sure if I'm going to collect the new line yet, so I'm not buying anything right now. Plus if I do get anything, I want to wait until my next credit card billing cycle, because between some Blu-Rays, video games, figures (including this order I just placed for the Turtles Classics and my recent Matty Collector orders), and an ebay auction for the Power and Honor Catalog, I'm kind of tapped out for the month!
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; July 11, 2012 at 10:16pm.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

The Four 10.5" TMNT TRU Turtles are up for order at TRU website (Search for TMNT) at the Comic Con Price of $25 ea

I am holding off buying them because the page says they weigh 6lb each? Does that sound right?