Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    The prices for the Classics line on Amazon just dropped for three of the four turtles (Leonardo's price didn't change, but everyone else dropped to $16.99-$17.14).

Update:

Looks like Leo's price just dropped down to $17.14 as well

Dang, I already paid the 19.99 for 2 of them... Oh well...

Hey, the SDCC Night Shadow Leo is up for sale on the Playmates site... Get them before they're gone!
    Last edited by Thatman; July 12, 2012 at 05:09pm. Reason: Link to site
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    Call them and ask for a refund. Amazon used to do it automatically, but unless you make an issue out of it they let price increases like this slide for their benefit. At the very least you could always re-buy the two for cheaper and complain that your first order was ruined in shipment and that you want to return it. It's a lot of mailing and retaping packages, but if get's you your $5 back

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Thankfully I saw this thread with the price drop info. My order on Amazon for the 4 Classic Turtles was in "shipping soon" status. Luckily I was able to cancel the order. I then just recreated the order at the new, lower price, saving myself about 11 or 12 bucks. Woo-hoo!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The Four 10.5" TMNT TRU Turtles are up for order at TRU website (Search for TMNT) at the Comic Con Price of $25 ea

I am holding off buying them because the page says they weigh 6lb each? Does that sound right?
    Either it's a mistake or they are made of some really heavy material!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Hey, the SDCC Night Shadow Leo is up for sale on the Playmates site... Get them before they're gone!
    Sold out!

Oh, and I guess I broke a rule about linking to a site that sells stuff... Just trying to help people out.
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Sold out!

Oh, and I guess I broke a rule about linking to a site that sells stuff... Just trying to help people out.
    It happens to all of us, lol.
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

I think its funny Playmates was telling people that the SDCC Figure would be limited at the Con but on the website you could order 10 or more. I am not surprised it sold out
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

new line spotted in paramus nj. think it was the tru on 17 by tj max and best buy. no classics.

- - - Updated - - -

Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Yikes!! I didn't expect to type in Playmates and get an eyeful of boobies!
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    Yikes!! I didn't expect to type in Playmates.com and expect to get an eyeful of boobies!
    Yeah its playmatestoys I did that at work and quickly had to shut it off

They have the entire line up for sale if anyone needs the figures. Not too bad pricing and the s/h is cheap with no tax
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

They have the entire line up for sale if anyone needs the figures. Not too bad pricing and the s/h is cheap with no tax
    Cool. Now I don't have to wait around.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Does Playmates usually have a presence at SDCC? I am anxious to get any information on the future of the Retro line

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Does Playmates usually have a presence at SDCC? I am anxious to get any information on the future of the Retro line
    They have a pretty large presence at the Con this year, they even have an exclusive Leonardo figure for sale

They probably won't comment on the future of any of the lines since they have not launched

I did notice Playmates has increased the pricing of all the TMNT skus at Distribution level by $5-10 a case. Its not really a big deal but when you add in the fact they increased the case size a few months ago due to demand the fact they are pricing reorders higher means that sales are going VERY good

Demand right now is intense. I sold out of Preorders for the Classics in less than a week a few months ago, I sold out of my entire stock of 2012 figures in 1 day this week. Big Bad Toy Store has sold out of all its Classic figure Preorders. And Playmates own website sold out of the SDCC figure in less than 2hrs

They have a pretty large presence at the Con this year, they even have an exclusive Leonardo figure for sale

They probably won't comment on the future of any of the lines since they have not launched

I did notice Playmates has increased the pricing of all the TMNT skus at Distribution level by $5-10 a case. Its not really a big deal but when you add in the fact they increased the case size a few months ago due to demand the fact they are pricing reorders higher means that sales are going VERY good

Demand right now is intense. I sold out of Preorders for the Classics in less than a week a few months ago, I sold out of my entire stock of 2012 figures in 1 day this week. Big Bad Toy Store has sold out of all its Classic figure Preorders. And Playmates own website sold out of the SDCC figure in less than 2hrs
    I thought the Shadow Leonardo was a Nickelodeon exclusive, not really a Playmates exclusive. My bad.

I think it is great that they have all sold out, I made sure to secure my classics case months ago.

I understand that they haven't been released yet but it doesn't hurt to show some concept art or prototypes or even a teaser of more of the classics. It seems like a lack of confidence in the line if they only release the turtles at retail to see how they go before planning to expand. Especially if it is true that it takes 12-18 months to get a figure to retail.

I have spent long enough waiting for super articulated TMNT figures and I need more than just the four turtles. I'm dying here

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I thought the Shadow Leonardo was a Nickelodeon exclusive, not really a Playmates exclusive. My bad.
    It is at the Nick booth but Playmates is the licensee so all the product is by them with their reps I think.

I think it is great that they have all sold out, I made sure to secure my classics case months ago.

I understand that they haven't been released yet but it doesn't hurt to show some concept art or prototypes or even a teaser of more of the classics. It seems like a lack of confidence in the line if they only release the turtles at retail to see how they go before planning to expand. Especially if it is true that it takes 12-18 months to get a figure to retail.
    Yeah but at the same time it needs to launch before they talk about future waves, you can't really reassure buyers if you have not even officially started the line. Given that its launching at the end of July and the show premieres in September I would expect to hear something closer to Oct or Nov and then we will actually see stuff at Toy Fair in Feb because that will be about the time Playmates has to sell a Wave 2 or 3 to retail

Also remember just because they don't tell us as fans does not mean they have not had discussions with retail about the future of the line. Legally we are told last because you never want to promise something to a consumer and then not deliver. So many toy lines fail you don't want to put the cart before the horse in this time.

Yeah I know. If recent sales are to go by and the way the online market is completely taken in by the new lines, I should take reassurance in that.

It would be nice to get more figures and (hopefully) in scale Samurai Pizza Cats figures

Got all four. They're cool, but not as good as I hoped. The NECA ones blow them away IMO, even though these have the cartoon colors. I just find then difficult to pose weapons in their hands. A little too much articulation, which creates loose grips. In the NECA ones you could pretty much do anything, including stuff Mikey's nun-chucks in his arm pit and they'd stay there. These are a little more toyish, but fun I guess. They're also really hefty, like big heads and torsos, and tall. The biggest downside are the lazy eyes on Don, and a little bit on Leo. But It's good to finally have these versions in hand, never liked the previous toys other than NECA's.

Last edited by SCB; July 13, 2012 at 01:09am.

The price of Classic Raphael on Amazon has dropped to $14.99. Mikey is still $16.99 with the other two still being $17.14. Since it hadn't shipped yet, I canceled my order again and reordered.

I'll have to keep an eye on these today. As long as the prices keep dropping and as long as they are in stock, I'll keep doing this. LOL

Amazon must be getting more and more cases in stock, they tend to do that with Monster High quite often (start high then go normal)

My TRU got them in here on the east coast. Lots of stuff, not just carded figures. I passed on Splinter (). I got Shredder, as he is a personal favorite. I may get Kang or Kraang, or whoever the hell is later. There were no foot soldiers.

I couldn't pass up on April. There was only one, and similar to a train wreck, I couldn't take my eyes off of it :}
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I posted the link in the marketplace but SDCC Leo went back up for sale with a limit of 2, we found someone ordered 40 yesterday so kudos to Playmates for making the change before it happened again

I posted the link in the marketplace but SDCC Leo went back up for sale with a limit of 2, we found someone ordered 40 yesterday so kudos to Playmates for making the change before it happened again
    Is he an action figure or statue? Does the packaging have any sort of window?

The figure was only $24.99 yesterday before it was taken down; now it's $29.99 =/

I have no interest in that figure anyway. I'm still not sure if I'm going to collect the line based on the new cartoon, but if I do, that figure is an easy pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Is he an action figure or statue? Does the packaging have any sort of window?
    From what i can see its a sealed box like the old Mattel exclusives. Also from what i hear its more like a staction then a figure. Brian from Spymonkey said he thinks they may have reused one of the deluxe talking turtles to make this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    The figure was only $24.99 yesterday before it was taken down; now it's $29.99 =/
    That will happen when one guy buys 40 pieces of a only 600 made product sadly