Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I just got back from the last Target in my area and I got (almost) the entire line up!! Looks like the old idea of female figures being more valuable is still alive as April was the only figure they didn't have (and the guy brought the box out for me to snatch up what I wanted). What was interesting was that the DCPI code I got from this thread didn't seem to work anymore as the employee wasn't getting any results for the search on his little price scanner/gun. Luckily, there was a single Krang figure out on the pegs (for no reason - he was in a Thundercats clearance spot) and he was able to scan that bar code and find the case in the back because of it. Go figure...

hmmm... interesting. I found the April, but couldn't find the Foot Soldier. Looks like he comes with a lot of weapons too. I prefer guys who come with a lot.

The April figure I bought today looks stunningly terrible .

It would be a good idea for them to shortpack that one
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Now that the hype is somewhat over for me after I've found them all, I'm actually considering returning a few of them because of the awful sculpting and paint apps. Krang is plain bad, Shredder is kinda lame, Splinter plain sucks, and the Foot Soldier has some really bad articulation.

Heh, ten years ago I woulda kept them all no matter what, but not now

We are older now so we realize when things are bad

I sold off the Foot Soldiers, April and Krang's I had, I kept a set of the 4 Turtles, a Shredder and a Splinter (for core team completion even though I think he stinks)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    We are older now so we realize when things are bad

I sold off the Foot Soldiers, April and Krang's I had, I kept a set of the 4 Turtles, a Shredder and a Splinter (for core team completion even though I think he stinks)
    I'd sell mine off too. But I'm the only one of my friends that's in to collecting toys and the hassle of eBay with packaging, seller fees, and the such just isn't worth it for me to go online with.

Maybe when I return them Target will just throw them up on a shelf and someone else will get a chance to get some TMNT stuff early like the rest of us =)

Oh, and my Leonardo Classics just showed up from Amazon today It's much bigger than I expected it to be, and his hands are some of the ugliest articulation I've ever seen on a figure. Surely they didn't need to do individual fingers and certainly didn't need to have that flap run over them on the back of the fist

Hype and to "be the first" seem to be the driving force behind these impulsive buys. Thundercats were the same but once the realization hits, the figures are not that good in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Now that the hype is somewhat over for me after I've found them all, I'm actually considering returning a few of them because of the awful sculpting and paint apps. Krang is plain bad, Shredder is kinda lame, Splinter plain sucks, and the Foot Soldier has some really bad articulation.

Heh, ten years ago I woulda kept them all no matter what, but not now

Which is exactly why I buy a few at a time. I could have picked up everybody but the Foot Soldier today, but I went with just April and Shredder. If I start to lose interest, or get interested in some other line, no harm done. I'm actually busy right now with the MIB line. Clearance items come first

For what is worth, I do like Shredder. I didn't like Kraang. I'm not really that familiar with him anyway. I'm waiting for Slash. I'm not a completitionist either - which is a good thing
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; July 13, 2012 at 09:46pm.

I checked all of the Target stores in my area and NADA
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I checked all of the Target stores in my area and NADA
    Only 1 of the 10 or so Target I've checked broke their internal street date of 7/29. TRUs have already had endcaps, though.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

on saturday, i went with a friend to the TRU on his side of town. they had an endcap for TMNT but they only had vehicles and a 10" donatello. we were a little tempted to buy some vehicles (two of them included figures), but ultimately passed on it.

sunday, i went to a couple of TRUs on my side of town. one of them had a fully stocked endcap. it looked like 2 or 3 cases of the small figures, plenty of vehicles, and two of the 10" figures (donatello and raphael). i was just going to buy the four turtles, but ended up getting shredder and kraang as well. i really love the turtles. the articulation is nice, the paint is nice, and the sculpt is superb. shredder is a step down from the turtles. he (along with all of the other non-turtle figures, it appears) lacks some much needed knee articulation. the sculpt is not as detailed, but still not bad. my friend noticed he had sculpted irises, but the eyes were painted completely white. kraang is not a very good figure. i knew about his lack of articulation and how difficult it is for the figure to stand. i ended up buying him because i was told the brain is removeable and squishy. that part did not disappoint. if playmates sells a pack of kraang brains, i'll buy a set.

if anyone lives in the houston area, the TRU by memorial city mall has all that stuff. it was very well stocked, so i wouldn't be surprised to see plenty of items through the rest of the week.

i have a question for customizers. i want to replace the plastic "chain" on mikey's nunchucks with a real chain. i guess an arts and crafts store would carry a small enough chain to use, but does anyone know how i would go about attaching it to the plastic handles? i normally would let something like this go, but i saw white stress marks as soon as i stored his 'chucks onto his belt.

I like the way they did Shredder's eyes, makes him look quite menacing. My one complaint is he looks a bit too jacked. As far as the chucks, I would probably just go ahead and design my own 'industrial strength' pair. I wouldn't use the plastic ones provided.

Overall, I feel like my interest in this line is fading. Anybody know what other lines are coming soon?

Right off the bat, i knew i didn't want anything to do with the classic figures, but I loved the look of the new toon turtles. So, i went online to check them out and all the photos showed double knee joints and other parts of articulation, so i was excited. After i bought them, i noticed through the package window that they did not have double knee articulation. A friend who opened his told me that they were "Somewhat poseable". This pretty much killed it for me, because i am an articulation junkie. So mine are going back to TRU wednesday. Sad, because they look cool, just limited play/pose value imo.

I don't think I will bother with the 4 turtles unless they hit a buy one, get one free sale. They appear to be three per case.

I'm a MOC collector; I don't care about the articulation, but the packaging for these is generic and ugly. The horrible job on April and Splinter has pretty much cancelled this line for me. I can't see wasting any more time on this line.

I am just debating on the classics if I want two sets or just one. I would like to open them, but I do like how a lot of stuff looks on the packaging, I don't care about future value.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I haven't really noticed how the packaging looks for the classics line. I just know that I don't like the packaging for the Nickelodeon figures. The more I look at it, the more I dislike it. The back looks worse than the front. I don't think I'll ever bother to watch the cartoon. Shiny plastic or not, the Thundercats look a hundred times better than these.

I haven't seen anything in person. I just often like how figures look carded. I am kind of in an opening phase again though where I want to open things, then I will go back to wanting to keep things packaged even when I don't like the packaging.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    i have a question for customizers. i want to replace the plastic "chain" on mikey's nunchucks with a real chain. i guess an arts and crafts store would carry a small enough chain to use, but does anyone know how i would go about attaching it to the plastic handles? i normally would let something like this go, but i saw white stress marks as soon as i stored his 'chucks onto his belt.
    I'm thinking of contacting Playmates customer service and seeing if I can just buy an extra set of Mikey's classic nunchucks that I can use with the 2012 figure. But I'm gonna wait till these are officially released before I even try

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I haven't seen anything in person. I just often like how figures look carded. I am kind of in an opening phase again though where I want to open things, then I will go back to wanting to keep things packaged even when I don't like the packaging.
    No packaging on Earth could have saved this April figure. This thing is hideously ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf-Gar View Post
    Right off the bat, i knew i didn't want anything to do with the classic figures, but I loved the look of the new toon turtles. So, i went online to check them out and all the photos showed double knee joints and other parts of articulation, so i was excited. After i bought them, i noticed through the package window that they did not have double knee articulation. A friend who opened his told me that they were "Somewhat poseable". This pretty much killed it for me, because i am an articulation junkie. So mine are going back to TRU wednesday. Sad, because they look cool, just limited play/pose value imo.
    The double joints were the prototype figures; they later said to make budgeting for the price point that articulation in many of the figures would be reduced. The truly are great figures. Articulation is nice and all, but at the end of the day, they end up on a shelf in a static pose. I think they are great at what they are, toys. Considering that most toy lines are making cut backs in accessories, articulation, paint, and tooling; I am happy with what is being done in this line.
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Killer TMNTC vs MOTUC pics, SCB! I must have these VERY SOON! My Toys R Us only had the new ones. I want the Classics dammit!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd sell mine off too. But I'm the only one of my friends that's in to collecting toys and the hassle of eBay with packaging, seller fees, and the such just isn't worth it for me to go online with.

Maybe when I return them Target will just throw them up on a shelf and someone else will get a chance to get some TMNT stuff early like the rest of us =)

Oh, and my Leonardo Classics just showed up from Amazon today It's much bigger than I expected it to be, and his hands are some of the ugliest articulation I've ever seen on a figure. Surely they didn't need to do individual fingers and certainly didn't need to have that flap run over them on the back of the fist

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0/IMG_3304.jpg
    If you haven't returned them yet, I'm interested. Playmates is making those of us in Australia wait until the middle of next year for them, which by then probably means we'll miss the first 2-3 waves of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    If you haven't returned them yet, I'm interested. Playmates is making those of us in Australia wait until the middle of next year for them, which by then probably means we'll miss the first 2-3 waves of them.
    Aaaw man.. Literally when you posted this I was at Target returning these toys =( If I find any more on the shelves I'll pick some up and try to help you out with them

Heroic Warrior
    Aaaw man.. Literally when you posted this I was at Target returning these toys =( If I find any more on the shelves I'll pick some up and try to help you out with them

Heh all good, these things happen. While I was offline Markatisu emailed me pointing me to his online store where he's apparently in the midst of getting a restock of them. How much were they setting you back at Target?