Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 TMNT Classics and New Series Toy Thread

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Killer TMNTC vs MOTUC pics, SCB! I must have these VERY SOON! My Toys R Us only had the new ones. I want the Classics dammit!
    Amazon has them in stock.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Got my Night Shadow Leo in the mail yesterday!!

It's not even close to as bad as Sgt. Slaughter makes it sound in his review. It's actually pretty awesome! The look of it is great, and it display's really nice!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Heh all good, these things happen. While I was offline Markatisu emailed me pointing me to his online store where he's apparently in the midst of getting a restock of them. How much were they setting you back at Target?
    The regular figures are $8.99 before tax at Target so $9 and some change depending on your state. Toys R Us is the same price

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Amazon has them in stock.
    So does Playmates store and they have cheap shipping, so it works out about even since Amazon has 1 priced low and 3 priced higher
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The regular figures are $8.99 before tax at Target so $9 and some change depending on your state. Toys R Us is the same price

So does Playmates store and they have cheap shipping, so it works out about even since Amazon has 1 priced low and 3 priced higher

I don't know, man; these things have Big Lots written all over them. I will be shocked if there is a second wave. The secondary characters are so poorly done, I can't imagine a whole wave consisting of mostly them with some variant turtles thrown in. I'm just not seeing it. Especially if they are going to be carrying them at all Targets and all Kmarts. Far too much product. This fan base is not what it once was, I think.

I am so happy I did not buy Kraang. That is a $3 figure.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    The toys R us near me sold out TWICE already. They had a huge display. No joke ONLY 1 Don was left, and a few bikes. Crazy stuff! I actually want the turtles only (NS) but holding off. The classics are way cooler.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Shouldn't be that hard for them to sell out. Like 70% of the figures are turtles, and they actually put some effort into those. The problem is that a second wave be would be MORE TURTLES, or at least would have to be if they continue to put zero effort into everybody else.

--Edit--

Ok. I went ahead and picked up all 4 turtles. I'm still selling off April and Shredder. If I can't sell them, I will just return them, of course.

Let the record books show that on this date, Playmates gave us a 4-figure line. Sure, there were other figures, but none of those were worth bothering with. I've even grown to dislike Shredder over the past few days. So be it

How well did the Flash Forward stuff do, I never saw it at retail. Well I saw Viral sometime after the show was done for clearance at my Walmart, a whole bunch of the figure in fact.

And when I say never saw I never saw part of the aisle even set aside for it.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Shouldn't be that hard for them to sell out. Like 70% of the figures are turtles, and they actually put some effort into those. The problem is that a second wave be would be MORE TURTLES, or at least would have to be if they continue to put zero effort into everybody else.

--Edit--

Ok. I went ahead and picked up all 4 turtles. I'm still selling off April and Shredder. If I can't sell them, I will just return them, of course.

Let the record books show that on this date, Playmates gave us a 4-figure line. Sure, there were other figures, but none of those were worth bothering with. I've even grown to dislike Shredder over the past few days. So be it
    Every TMNT line in existence has been cluttered with Turtle Variants, and they always sell

Look at the Vintage line and the 200x, some of those I can't believe people paid money for
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Sounds like my kind of line, love the challenge of finding stuff

Like the packaging on that Viral figure, too. If only these new ones had that packaging.

- - - Updated - - -

Every TMNT line in existence has been cluttered with Turtle Variants, and they always sell

Look at the Vintage line and the 200x, some of those I can't believe people paid money for

Maybe they might, but they are going head to head with 10 in. figures, a bevy of vehicles, and even the new Classics line.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Maybe they might, but they are going head to head with 10 in. figures, a bevy of vehicles, and even the new Classics line.
    Well the 10" line is a Toys R Us only so that won't get flooded everywhere.

And TMNT lines have always had vehicles which were just as bad as the variant figures. If it were up to me the Van would be about the only vehicle they get to start.

Thankfully I don't think we will see a lot of variants in the Classics line, if it still sells as well as it seems to have started out I think they will do future waves with other characters and maybe a refresh of the 4 Core turtles. But I can't see them releasing any of the vintage Turtle variants in Classic form unless that line just explodes with sales

I kind of like the 10" figures, but there's absolutely no room for those here

Are the Classics different sculpts, or just the same figure repainted four times?

I can't see myself touching the classics line. I'm not a big fan of "adult collector" lines. They are pricey and seem to lose their street value as the months go by. They also contain a ton of articulation that doesn't mean anything to me because I don't open them.

Different heads, same bodies, different harnesses with different holsters for weapons.

Oh, thanks. Those do look really nice. The hands are a bit wonky, but overall they look great.

Who knows, maybe I'll break down and buy them when I see them. I haven't come across any yet, only the Nickelodeon figures so far.

If you haven't already, I would grab the Neca ones first. These feel more like toys compared to those.

I'll check them out, thanks. I'm not like a turtle fan for the ages or anything, but whatever gets me through the day is fine

I have to admit I kind of like the light green colors of the Nickelodeon figures. It's a bit more accurate to the colors of the original movie, except for Raphael who looks kind of out of place being the only one who is dark. I know I'm in the minority there, heh.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Somebody knows a place to buy the TMNT classics with good prices in international shipment?
    Ebay is too expensive
    Amazon do not ship this product internationally
    BBTS same Amazon
    Amazon party sellers have very expensive shipping rates.

Would be nice if Playmates would release a weapons pack with painted weapons for these guys. I would probably buy it.

Well the 10" line is a Toys R Us only so that won't get flooded everywhere.

And TMNT lines have always had vehicles which were just as bad as the variant figures. If it were up to me the Van would be about the only vehicle they get to start.

Thankfully I don't think we will see a lot of variants in the Classics line, if it still sells as well as it seems to have started out I think they will do future waves with other characters and maybe a refresh of the 4 Core turtles. But I can't see them releasing any of the vintage Turtle variants in Classic form unless that line just explodes with sales
    I don't know about the classics turtles. my favourite turtle looks are Mirage comics era Return to New york storyline, and I think Mike Dooney, I had some of his posters, the new style turltes remind me of those a bit. I didn't like how the turtle looked so much in the Fred Wolf toon. but I would LOVE a shredder bebop and rocksteady for sure.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    My pre-ordered Classic Turtles from BBTS shipped today! Woo! I can't wait to get them! I also picked up the set of new TMNT figures in San Diego. I'm just waiting for them to arrive as I shipped them home. I feel so behind in all of this awesome Turtle stuff!

I got Nightshade Leonardo from SDCC. Let me tell you, that was the WORST exlcusive buying experience I've had so far. even worse than Hasbro, which is quite a feat!

It was obvious Nickelodeon had no idea how to handle a highly demanded exclusive figure. They had a huge line wrapped around their booth each day, and it was the slowest moving line at the Con. I waiting in the line on Friday (after the figure 'sold out' on Thursday). I stood in line for an hour and a half and, not exaggerating, moved maybe 10 steps. I gave up, because I had appointments and other things I needed to get done.

I heard horror stories about how their credit card machine broke on the first day, so they could only take cash the whole event. Then they kept running out of change, so they would stall the line several times a day while someone went to get cash. Not to mention they raised the price to $33 after annoucning it would be $20. It was insane.

I'm lucky someone was willing to stand in the line and get one for me! The line was certainly the talk of the show. Everyone had horror stories of it.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Yikes! That does sound pretty horrible. Was any reason given for the price-hike? The whole thing sounds like a mess. Plus the figure really isn't even that impressive in my opinion, based on the pics that I've seen.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Not Michael dooney, AC Farley. sorry, I don't know why I ALWAYS forget his name and add in dooney.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Yikes! That does sound pretty horrible. Was any reason given for the price-hike? The whole thing sounds like a mess. Plus the figure really isn't even that impressive in my opinion, based on the pics that I've seen.
    No idea about the price hike. All I know is that it went from my "most wanted" exclusive to my "if I get one, cool...but not worth this hassle" exclusive. I'm glad I got one in the end, but if someone didn't wait in line for me, I definitely would not have one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    My pre-ordered Classic Turtles from BBTS shipped today! Woo! I can't wait to get them! I also picked up the set of new TMNT figures in San Diego. I'm just waiting for them to arrive as I shipped them home. I feel so behind in all of this awesome Turtle stuff!

I got Nightshade Leonardo from SDCC. Let me tell you, that was the WORST exlcusive buying experience I've had so far. even worse than Hasbro, which is quite a feat!

It was obvious Nickelodeon had no idea how to handle a highly demanded exclusive figure. They had a huge line wrapped around their booth each day, and it was the slowest moving line at the Con. I waiting in the line on Friday (after the figure 'sold out' on Thursday). I stood in line for an hour and a half and, not exaggerating, moved maybe 10 steps. I gave up, because I had appointments and other things I needed to get done.

I heard horror stories about how their credit card machine broke on the first day, so they could only take cash the whole event. Then they kept running out of change, so they would stall the line several times a day while someone went to get cash. Not to mention they raised the price to $33 after annoucning it would be $20. It was insane.

I'm lucky someone was willing to stand in the line and get one for me! The line was certainly the talk of the show. Everyone had horror stories of it.
    What makes your experience worse is they put a bunch online at their Playmates store for $25.95 and had no limit, we saw one guy immediately post on eBay 40 of them mins after the online store got them in stock The next day they changed it to $29.95 and put a limit of 2 but the damage was already done

I was lucky enough to get a handful for some friends and a few for my store but its like one hand did not talk to the other

What makes your experience worse is they put a bunch online at their Playmates store for $25.95 and had no limit, we saw one guy immediately post on eBay 40 of them mins after the online store got them in stock The next day they changed it to $29.95 and put a limit of 2 but the damage was already done

I was lucky enough to get a handful for some friends and a few for my store but its like one hand did not talk to the other
    That's aggrivating!!